Author Topic: "Revision2" DLS update preview!  (Read 3988 times)

Goku7

• View Profile
"Revision2" DLS update preview!
« on: 2002-05-20 02:23:59 »
While I was busy doing an mp3 for a guy over at the VGMusic Forums, I realized that I could be nice and give you guys a link over to that mp3, because it is a recording of one of his songs played back using none other than the up-and-coming Revision2 DLS update!

This little preview will give you a taste of the new Overdrive Guitar Sample that I've been drooling about for the past month or so.  Yes, this is the same guitar sample that will be used in the next Improved Tracks version of The Extreme!  Here's the link:

http://www.vgmusic.com/forums/files/94555-Unspeakable_Evil.mp3
(note: Size is about 851kb)

In case you wanted a little backstory on what the song is supposed to be about, here's the explaination, curteousy of the VGMusic forums:

Quote from: Manaman, from the VGMusic.com Forums
Yet again, another song for Moon's game. (Shiv and I are getting closer and closer to finishing all of the music!) The only problem with this piece is that Moon hasn't heard it yet...heh heh. He didn't even know I had decided to sequence this song!...but I think he'll like it. For those of you who remember "At the Mercy of the Shadows", which was sort of the theme for the main leigon of enemies, this is the theme for the leader of this legion, Lady Iida. I tried to make it as evil and badass as possible, with the usage of the church bell, Church Organ, and...electric guitar! heh heh...you just have to hear it. Enjoy!

-edit-
Opps, I forgot to mention that the drum set used is not from the Revision2 DLS.  Winamp automatically pulled it from the GM.dls file.

dgp9999

• View Profile
    • http://molexroots.com
« Reply #1 on: 2002-06-01 08:11:36 »
Sounds good. You said it was a remix of The Extreme? Would this be from FF8? It doesn't sound like FF8 though. Jari's Timber has good guitar samples, yours is equally sweet. Does anyone know some good dedicated FF remix sites?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-06-01 22:29:16 »
No, that wasn't a remix of The Extreme.  What I said was that the same overdrive guitar instrument sample will be used in The Extreme, as well as in Only A Plank Between One and Perdition, and SeeD.

I would try to get actually mp3 recordings of how FF8 will sound with the new Revision2, but I'm running into physical hardware limitations right now that are preventing that.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-06-10 23:19:59 »
Ok, new preview:
Journey Of a Hero

This one is showing off the new French Horn sample that will be used in-game.  Oh, and this time the drums are from the DLS, Winamp is not pulling anything special here.

This time around, the song is the overworld map theme for a game one of the admins at VGmusic.com is making, it (the game) is called Excalibur:Pandora's Gate.

One more thing--I'm limited to only 56kb/s bitrate for the mp3, so it does some slightly weird things to the quality of the recording.  The effect reminds me of the "background static" heard in the FMV's of FF8.

Nevertheless:  Questions, comments, suggestions? :D