Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 690804 times)

idl12

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #700 on: 2010-04-05 22:56:37 »
I think they only did this for the weapons. omega, ruby and whatnot

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2010-04-05 23:27:07 »
stunning work, i hope that sl will include them. They stay true to the original, and enhance it in all the right ways. Great job man, this totally needed to be done.

lee

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2010-04-05 23:30:51 »
Even if it's just a stand in it's still fantastic ;D

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #703 on: 2010-04-07 05:59:05 »
You should upload these models or add them to the PRP.  They're excellent AngeBleu.

Maybe you should continue your work on PRP.  If you'd like a partner I will help in any way I can.

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2010-04-07 06:42:34 »
Like a lot, so is possible have the models in a separate download?

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2010-04-07 07:12:05 »
May be they will into the next version of Remix Patcher

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2010-04-07 15:27:37 »
The models will be included in version 2.6 of FF7Remix, but...

For those of you who would like the models, I've created what I'm going to call a "Phoenix Rejuventation Project Add On Pack" that'll install these models and some of my PRP fixes into char.lgp and world_xx.lgp. I'm not going to support "00.lgp", you'll have to rename it to char.lgp yourself to get it working.

You can find the download link here.

This was good practice for the new installer platform I've been working on porting FF7 Remix to.

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2010-04-07 16:36:30 »
Excellent news  8)

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2010-04-07 18:47:55 »
The add-ons do not work for me .... In the APP file, there are many errors of textures ...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2010-04-07 20:21:32 »
The add-ons do not work for me .... In the APP file, there are many errors of textures ...

Can I see? I can probably fix this...

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2010-04-08 06:11:05 »
This afternoon I'll show you.

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2010-04-08 11:09:18 »

Can I see? I can probably fix this...

On my installation your patch replace the two lgp files whit only the new models, so the game crash.
For fix is needed to manually open the original ones and add the new one from your patch.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2010-04-08 12:30:34 »
Yep, confirming, after using the patch the char.lgp has shrink from ~40MB to just 3MB

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2010-04-08 12:36:20 »
Excellent!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #714 on: 2010-04-08 16:21:40 »
Yep, confirming, after using the patch the char.lgp has shrink from ~40MB to just 3MB
Really? Are you serious?  :o

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2010-04-08 16:46:46 »
Yep, the only files in it are the one from this mod.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #716 on: 2010-04-08 17:12:51 »
Yep, the only files in it are the one from this mod.
So won't the game crash since the other files from the other monsters are gone?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2010-04-08 17:28:50 »
Alright, problem found and solved. Turns out NSIS does something weird in that it forcibly changes the run directory to the installer's output path. Anyway, it's been fixed. Delete the lgp file that the old one made, and replace it with either the one off the install disc or a backup that you might have made, or just re-install the PRP or FF7Remix, and re-run the installer.

Download link is the same:
link

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2010-04-08 17:49:21 »
Alright, problem found and solved. Turns out NSIS does something weird in that it forcibly changes the run directory to the installer's output path. Anyway, it's been fixed. Delete the lgp file that the old one made, and replace it with either the one off the install disc or a backup that you might have made, or just re-install the PRP or FF7Remix, and re-run the installer.

link

Char.lgp seems fine now but world_us.lgp is still only 1MB and appears to be missing files.
Also i got a error "Filename too long: dummy_animation.a" in the CommandLine box that appears (LGP.EXE)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2010-04-08 18:04:36 »

link

Char.lgp seems fine now but world_us.lgp is still only 1MB and appears to be missing files.
Also i got a error "Filename too long: dummy_animation.a" in the CommandLine box that appears (LGP.EXE)

That filename too long error is fine it's a dummy file anyway...I should probably take it out. As for the world_us...methinks you didn't replace it from running the install last time... it works fine for me.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2010-04-08 18:19:58 »

link

That filename too long error is fine it's a dummy file anyway...I should probably take it out. As for the world_us...methinks you didn't replace it from running the install last time... it works fine for me.

i am 100% sure i am using the 3MB original and i still end up with a 1MB file once patched. I just tried again and the same thing happens.
here is the output from Nullsoft
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdczyjo3tmm

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2010-04-08 18:31:01 »

link

i am 100% sure i am using the 3MB original and i still end up with a 1MB file once patched. I just tried again and the same thing happens.

I absolutely cannot for the life of me recreate this error. I'm thinking maybe I uploaded the wrong build. I just re-uploaded the installer, see if it works now.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2010-04-08 18:50:28 »

link

I absolutely cannot for the life of me recreate this error. I'm thinking maybe I uploaded the wrong build. I just re-uploaded the installer, see if it works now.

Still only getting a 1MB file (for world_us.lgp). Maybe its only my problem, i guess i will have to just wait and see if anyone else has the same problem.

EDIT- i think i see the problem (well this is my guess)
Since char.lgp is working it does this

Execute: "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\char\unlgp.exe" "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\char\char.lgp"
Rename: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\char\unlgp.exe->C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\unlgp.exe
Rename: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\char\char.lgp->C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\field\char.lgp

but for world_us.lgp it only does this

Execute: "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\unzip.exe" -o worldmodels.zip
Rename: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\unlgp.exe->C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\world\unlgp.exe

so it does seem to be missing a step (although i could be wrong)
« Last Edit: 2010-04-08 18:55:41 by kranmer »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2010-04-08 19:09:02 »
You're right...it's not moving world_us.lgp. This might be because I used a variable instead of explicitly saying "world_us.lgp"...

I do think I've fixed it now.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2010-04-08 19:18:48 »
just redownloaded the installer and did a fresh install and still getting the same as before

Execute: "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\unzip.exe" -o worldmodels.zip
Rename: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\unlgp.exe->C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\world\unlgp.exe
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp\world