Author Topic: Compiling with Cygwin... Almost there!  (Read 6605 times)

Micaelis

Compiling with Cygwin... Almost there!
« on: 2007-03-21 01:54:20 »
ppl,

I'm trying to compile q-gears with cygwin.
It's not so hard as I imagined, but I have some quirks in the path...

Using the bootstrap script, I get the message below:

micaelis@aeris ~/progs/q-gears/trunk/projects/autotools
autoreconf-2.61: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf-2.61: running: aclocal --force -I build-aux
autoreconf-2.61: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf-2.61: running: libtoolize --copy --force
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build-aux'.
autoreconf-2.61: running: /usr/bin/autoconf-2.61 --force
autoreconf-2.61: running: /usr/bin/autoheader-2.61 --force
autoreconf-2.61: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
configure.ac:29: installing `build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:22: installing `build-aux/missing'
configure.ac:22: installing `build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:78: required file `utils/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:78: required file `utils/scriptdump/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:78: required file `utils/moviedump/Makefile.in' not found
Makefile.am:3: required directory ./utils does not exist
src/common/Makefile.am: installing `build-aux/depcomp'
autoreconf-2.61: automake failed with exit status: 1

I've find the utils under the src directory, but even making a symlink to
it, he still complains about the Makefile.in file missing somewhere...

Can someone give me a hand with this? Need more info?

Regards,

--
Mikael

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling with Cygwin... Almost there!
« Reply #1 on: 2007-03-21 05:15:03 »
Hello Micaelis!
I am recomposing entire autotools system and directory structure of the project.
Sorry, but yesterday I have changed relative include pathes to normal and don't update autotools yet.
I plan to do it today.

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-03-21 07:00:11 »
Alright! Should work now with updated SVN. run bootstrap from root q-gears directory and then standard GNU build procedure.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 2007-03-21 07:13:17 »
What's with the mass-touching?

My files feel..... fondled.:oops:

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-03-21 08:22:55 »
Do you mean Visual Studio Files?
I temporarily remove them because they were very outdated and nobody maintains them. You can add them to q-gears/projects if you want, or wait and I will add them later. I just wanted to restructure project files and to clean src directory.

Dumper is in the q-gears/src/utils/scriptdump
« Last Edit: 2007-03-21 08:49:37 by G »

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 2007-03-21 14:03:04 »
No. I mean the sourcetree has been mass-updated. Most of the files have been touched and therefore revised in one way or another. Why the sudden reorganazation?

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-03-21 14:18:48 »
Files was touched because I have changed lines #include "../../../something.h" to #include "something.h" but later that day we (me and Akari) decided to use includes of type:
#include "common/utilites/Logger.h" instead of #include "Logger.h" and #include "../../common/Logger.h". I shall change them today.
The sudden reorganization is because I like Makefile.am in every directory :) but Akari doesn't and also I like includes without ../../. And I made changes acceptable to both us (I moved all Makefiles.am to q-gears/projects/autotools and after running bootstrap Makefiles goes to proper places)

Micaelis

« Reply #7 on: 2007-03-21 17:07:41 »
Thanks, G!  :-D

I'll get the sources from the svn again and will try to compile later.

If everything goes well, I'll post the guidelines, if someone is interested.  :wink:

Regards,

--
Mikael

Micaelis

« Reply #8 on: 2007-03-25 17:39:35 »
Well folks, good news and bad news...  :|

The good news that now I'm able to compile q-gears under cygwin, thanks G!  :wink:

So, here comes the bad news...

I'm not able to complete the compiling. The follow error is ocurring:

Math.cpp: In function `float point_elevation(const Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&)':
Math.cpp:14: error: expected primary-expression before "float"
Math.cpp:14: error: expected `;' before "float"
Math.cpp:15: error: expected primary-expression before "float"
Math.cpp:15: error: expected `;' before "float"
Math.cpp: In function `bool find_point_on_plane(Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&, const Vector3&)':
Math.cpp:99: error: expected primary-expression before "float"
Math.cpp:99: error: expected `;' before "float"
Math.cpp:100: error: expected primary-expression before "float"
Math.cpp:100: error: expected `;' before "float"
make[4]: *** [libfield_la-Math.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/micaelis/progs/q-gears/trunk/src/ffvii/field'

And to start to compile this module I was forced to copy the Math.h to the folder.

In the code, the include is referencing to the default library, like "#include <Math.h>",
but seems the make can't find it... I even change the Makefile in the folder to add
the -I/usr/include, but the make can't find yet... Is a weird error and if anybody
knows what is happen, let me know.

This warning is occurring frequently during the compiling:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include -I. -I../../.. -I../../../src -I/usr/include/libxml2 -O3 -g -O2 -Wall -W -fpermissive -pipe -MT libfield_la-Gateway.lo -MD -
MP -MF .deps/libfield_la-Gateway.Tpo -c Gateway.cpp -o libfield_la-Gateway.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/libfield_la-Gateway.Tpo .deps/libfield_la-Gateway.Plo
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include -I. -I../../..    -I../../../src -I/usr/include/libxml2   -O3 -g -O2 -Wal
l -W -fpermissive -pipe -MT libfield_la-Line.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libfield_la-Line.Tpo -c -o libfield_la-Line.lo `test -f 'Line.cpp' || echo './'`Line.cpp
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/include -I. -I../../.. -I../../../src -I/usr/include/libxml2 -O3 -g -O2 -Wall -W -fpermissive -pipe -MT libfield_la-Line.lo -MD -MP
-MF .deps/libfield_la-Line.Tpo -c Line.cpp  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o .libs/libfield_la-Line.o
In file included from ../../common/display/actor/Actor.h:11,
                 from FieldModule.h:10,
                 from Line.cpp:6:
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h: In constructor `InputEvent::InputEvent()':
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:46: warning: `InputEvent::button' will be initialized after
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:45: warning:   `InputEventType InputEvent::type'
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:36: warning:   when initialized here
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h: In constructor `InputEvent::InputEvent(Button, InputEventType)':
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:46: warning: `InputEvent::button' will be initialized after
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:45: warning:   `InputEventType InputEvent::type'
../../common/display/actor/../../input/InputFilter.h:42: warning:   when initialized here
In file included from ObjectManager.h:14,
                 from DatFile.h:13,
                 from FieldModule.h:13,
                 from Line.cpp:6:

It's happen to show in several classes...

I've read in a cygwin-devel forum that the "error: expected primary-expression before "float"",
could be caused by a bug in the gcc 3.4.4 and under, but was fixed in the 3.4.5...

The Linux folks compiled the program with which gcc version? Nobody stumbled with
this error before?  :?

Well, until the gcc version of cygwin changes from 3.4.4 to 3.4.5 I think
it's not possible to have a cygwin binary of q-gears...  :roll:

Anyway I'll keep trying and I'll post the results. If anybody has any clues about the
problems above, let me know...

Cheers,

G

• , kupo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-03-26 04:29:04 »
I am using gcc-4.1.2 (the last :) ), but in Dev-C++ gcc-3.4.2 and everything works fine.
Compiling under windows tested and works using MinGW, if you want to save time to compile this - download Dev-C++ and compile by it... Or I shall try to compile it using cygwin when I have time.

hmmm...

interesting thing - try this: clean project, rename q-gears/src/ffvii/field/Math.h to other name, for example to FieldMath.h and change reference in q-gears/projects/autotools/src/ffvii/field/Makefile.am and in every file which includes it, then run bootstrap again and try to compile! (maybe this sound a bit odd, but try)/ If everything will compile I'll most likely fix that issues
(little warning - copying files from q-gears/projects/autotools in bootstrap script isn't omit .svn directory, but it's not critical for those, who doesn't commit to repository, I will write good script in a near future :) to do this correctly)
« Last Edit: 2007-03-26 09:39:36 by G »