Author Topic: FF7 - Where do I find the "Magic Counter" materia?  (Read 60726 times)

Mako

• View Profile
Re: FF7 - Where do I find the "Magic Counter" materia?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-03 03:26:35 »
O_O WOW That is one hell of a necro post. 5 YEARS OLD come on!

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-03-03 16:21:25 »
The really funny part about all of this is that there really is a magic counter materia in the northern crater.

So haha.

EDIT: I should also add that its very difficult to see in the PSX version. It's also quite difficult to get unless you time it properly. Those two combined could be the reason people have trouble believing its there. However, the screenshot is from the PC version, in which its difficult to miss.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-03 16:24:37 by Prince Lex »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #27 on: 2010-03-03 16:26:14 »
O_O WOW That is one hell of a necro post. 5 YEARS OLD come on!

To be fair, the guy probably found that post using google and created an account for the sole purpose of making that post.
Odd though that they took the time to make an avatar and IGNORE the Necro warning when you hit "reply"

RekoSaint

« Reply #28 on: 2010-03-03 16:28:39 »
my b

Cloud187

• View Profile
    • alt avatar
« Reply #29 on: 2010-03-12 03:49:10 »
its just hard to get because you have to grab it and its moving or something like that if i remember correctly.

BAunderground

« Reply #30 on: 2010-05-03 21:08:31 »
OK I will clarify this subjest since there seems to be alot of confusion about the "Magic Counter" Materia. It seems that the group is leaning towards the posted reply from "Fergusson" which is incorrect. Rather, he IS correct about the materia "Counter" located in the Crater on DIsc 3. However, this materia that he is referring to is not "Magic Counter". Let me explain...

In FFVII there are THREE types of countering materia, one of which is the pink "Counter Attack" rather easy to get.

Now the others are "Counter" and "Magic Counter"...

The matiera "Counter" IS located in the crater as pointed out by Fergusson and a few others however is NOT the same as the "Magic Counter" because A) Magic Counter pairs with a Green or MAGIC materia or a Red; SUMMON Materia. The other Materia "Counter" is paired with a Yellow COMMAND materia.

Now, the locations. "Counter" is in fact in the crater, but "Magic Counter" is not. You must get the "Magic Counter" Materia by winning it as an item in Chocobo racing at Gold Saucer. It is not one of the gifts that Esther gives you, basiclly you HAVE TO WIN IT. I know I'm a newb on the site but I can assure you this information is correct. Sorry to bring back an old post but it was never really clarified.

Actually there is a magic counter materia. I came on here looking to find out how to get the floating purple materia on the platform that Cloud jumps onto and then off of right away, but I think this thread needs a little help. I am going through the entire northern crater right now for the first time in years and I have found the "magic counter" materia inside. I just found it about 5 minutes ago, so there you go. Problem solved. Now I have to go find out how to get the pink materia (guessing it's "counter").

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-05-03 21:10:42 »
OK I will clarify this subjest since there seems to be alot of confusion about the "Magic Counter" Materia. It seems that the group is leaning towards the posted reply from "Fergusson" which is incorrect. Rather, he IS correct about the materia "Counter" located in the Crater on DIsc 3. However, this materia that he is referring to is not "Magic Counter". Let me explain...

In FFVII there are THREE types of countering materia, one of which is the pink "Counter Attack" rather easy to get.

Now the others are "Counter" and "Magic Counter"...

The matiera "Counter" IS located in the crater as pointed out by Fergusson and a few others however is NOT the same as the "Magic Counter" because A) Magic Counter pairs with a Green or MAGIC materia or a Red; SUMMON Materia. The other Materia "Counter" is paired with a Yellow COMMAND materia.

Yeah I already said that in my post above. With a screenshot.

Now, the locations. "Counter" is in fact in the crater, but "Magic Counter" is not. You must get the "Magic Counter" Materia by winning it as an item in Chocobo racing at Gold Saucer. It is not one of the gifts that Esther gives you, basiclly you HAVE TO WIN IT. I know I'm a newb on the site but I can assure you this information is correct. Sorry to bring back an old post but it was never really clarified.

Actually there is a magic counter materia. I came on here looking to find out how to get the floating purple materia on the platform that Cloud jumps onto and then off of right away, but I think this thread needs a little help. I am going through the entire northern crater right now for the first time in years and I have found the "magic counter" materia inside. I just found it about 5 minutes ago, so there you go. Problem solved. Now I have to go find out how to get the pink materia (guessing it's "counter").

Ljbreezy1

« Reply #32 on: 2012-05-19 05:59:40 »
Hey guys ultimate tip for all ye seekers of the ever so elusive magic counter materia.

1.go to gold saucer, chocobo races.
2.race your chocobo to s rank win twenty or so races in s rank.
3.After recieving esters gift bag go to the save site at the station.
4.Save then soft restart R1R2L1L2, select and start at the same time.
5.Load game, go back to race for 20 more wins.
6.head back to the save site save again.
7.turn your system off.
Final. turn on the system win 1 race and its all your........s  <:"does not apply for the "counter" materia.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2012-05-19 18:45:54 »
Why does this thread keep getting necro'd? This is the third time!