Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844623 times)

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.37)
« Reply #1625 on: 2019-11-18 02:20:59 »
@Shinryu actually u can easily remove the time limit in getting the  excalibur 2 using this tool so u dont need to rush your game. ;)  go to
environment---->fields-->memoria gate to space and edit script:

if ( GetTime <= 43200L ) {
        InitCode( 3, 0 )

remove the [ if ( GetTime <= 43200L ) { ]

and this one

if ( ( ( ( IsMovementEnabled == 1 ) && ( VARL_GenBool_7730 == 0 ) ) && ( VAR_GlobBool_145 == 0 ) ) && ( GetTime <= 43200L ) ) {

remove this line : && ( GetTime <= 43200L ) ) {
TY

jeremyhall2727

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.41c)
« Reply #1626 on: 2019-11-18 02:22:24 »
thank you for hades workshop

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2019-11-18 08:05:07 »
So if I want to add an extra line when the party confront Kuja, do I need to add these cases like this that's already in the game?

Code: [Select]
case 49:
        RunAnimation( 10382 )
        WaitAnimation(  )
        WaitAnimation(  )
        SetAnimationFlags( 2, 0 )
        RunAnimation( 10388 )
        WindowAsync( 2, 128, 212 )
        WaitWindow( 2 )
        set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 50
        SetAnimationFlags( 0, 0 )
        RunAnimation( 10392 )
        WaitAnimation(  )
        RunAnimation( 8197 )
        WaitAnimation(  )
        SetAnimationFlags( 2, 0 )
        RunAnimation( 8195 )
        break

In my mod, Zidane will have  a new line after Kuja's Oh, brother... line

Zidane: Play with us?

Looking at Zidane's Function Zidane_Loop, his last case is 141 when they decide to go after dagger

So do I need to make a case 142 for Zidane's new line right after case 49?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2019-11-18 18:02:21 »
2 solutions:

- The simplest, you don't add any case and you just add a "WindowSyncEx" line right after Kuja's line. With the "Ex" variant, you can choose the speaker so you don't need to have that line in a function of Zidane. There are a few things that can't be done with that solution thoug (I think there's no "RunAnimationEx" for instance).

- The cleanest, you add a case 142 indeed with your extra line and whatever happens at that time. You may add a case 142 to the other characters too (if people are reacting with an animation at the same time for instance). Then, you need to reroute the cutscene progression flow that is handled by a variable (surely "VAR_GlobInt16_47" in this case):
1) You want the new reaction to come right after Kuja's "case 49" script, so replace the "set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 50" by "set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 142",
2) In your new reaction case (142 but in only one character's script, Zidane's in this case), make it so the cutscene gets back on track after the added dialog by using "set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 50".
That way, the cutscene's progression counter does not increase linearly but does something like "... 47, 48, 49, 142, 50, 51...". That's not optimal but that's less tedious than inserting a case and shift all the others. There *might* be side-effects because of that but I don't think there is (I've never seen a cutscene's script where it could be a problem).

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2019-11-19 07:43:57 »
I made a start in Zidane's Function Zidane_Loop and when I tried to parse it I got this message

- Line 251: Cases amount doesn't match

When I press OK and open the box again, the case disappears.

This was what I put in for Zidane

case 142:
    WindowSync( 2, 128, 335 )
    set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 143
    break

When I changed Kuja's varglobal to 142, that parsed just fine.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-19 08:55:35 by ApolloGrimoire »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2019-11-19 16:29:22 »
At the top of the function, in the "switchex" line, you need to increment the 1st number by 1.
Like "switchex X ( VAR_GlobInt16_47 ) {" -> "switchex X+1 ( VAR_GlobInt16_47 ) {".

The need of specifying the number of switch cases is bothering... I planned to make it optional at some point (and also make sure that the operation priorities are taken into account when parsing) but I never did in the end.

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2019-11-19 21:19:09 »
It worked.

I managed to trigger the boss battle but it got stuck at the black screen.

Looks like I already know what I forgot to add. But I'm happy I managed to trigger it first time.
I still have to add more code after the fight though.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-19 21:34:32 by ApolloGrimoire »

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2019-11-20 07:53:17 »
I still seem to be in a soflock.

The transition to Kuja's boss fight happens, but it never gets past the black screen.

This is his case to trigger the fight which works...

case 143:
        RunSoundCode( 0, 134 )
        RunAnimation( 1698 )
        WindowSync( 7, 128, 336 )
        Wait( 5 )
        Battle( 1, 198 )
        SetHP( 0, 9999 )
        SetHP( 1, 9999 )
        SetHP( 3, 9999 )
        SetHP( 2, 9999 )
        SetHP( 4, 9999 )
        SetHP( 5, 9999 )
        SetHP( 7, 9999 )
        SetHP( 6, 9999 )
        SetHP( 8, 9999 )
        SetMP( 0, 999 )
        SetMP( 1, 999 )
        SetMP( 3, 999 )
        SetMP( 2, 999 )
        SetMP( 4, 999 )
        SetMP( 5, 999 )
        SetMP( 7, 999 )
        SetMP( 6, 999 )
        SetMP( 8, 999 )
        CureStatus( 0, 127 )
        CureStatus( 1, 127 )
        CureStatus( 3, 127 )
        CureStatus( 2, 127 )
        CureStatus( 4, 127 )
        CureStatus( 5, 127 )
        CureStatus( 7, 127 )
        CureStatus( 6, 127 )
        CureStatus( 8, 127 )
        Wait( 5 )
        break

Is there stuff I need to change in his Enemy Script to trigger the fight properly?
It looked like he's missing his Loop function. I'll look into that. :oops:

Nothing seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-20 14:19:20 by ApolloGrimoire »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2019-11-20 16:10:38 »
I don't know why nothing is working anymore, but the cutscene didn't resume simply because you forgot to add a line "set VAR_GlobInt16_47 = 50" in that "case 143". You need to put that variable back on the track of the normal cutscene.

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2019-11-20 21:25:53 »
Facepalms.

I forgot to change Kuja's group position. (I think the game thought that Zorn was still there.) That fixed it and triggered the battle.

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2019-11-22 12:08:45 »
This happens after Kuja's boss fight ends.

I've appeared to have hit a bug where the scene after the first Mistodon fight occurs but Dagger, Kuja and his silver dragon are still there.

So it skipped the FMV with the Red Rose appearing at the Iifa Tree and the first fight with the Mistodon.

Guess I'm missing variables in Kuja's case 143 to trigger his case 144?

« Last Edit: 2019-11-22 12:56:41 by ApolloGrimoire »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2019-11-22 17:11:47 »
You are definitely doing (or missing) something wrong with the cutscene progression variable (VAR_GlobInt16_47), but without further indications, I can't guess what.

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2019-11-23 08:34:23 »
case 143:
RunSoundCode( 0, 134 )
        RunAnimation( 5199 )
        WindowSync( 7, 128, 336 )
        Wait( 5 )
        Battle( 1, 198 )
        Wait( 5 )
        break

Do I need to add some variables after Battle( 1, 198 ) to get to case 144?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2019-11-23 12:12:20 »
Yes, if there is a case 144...
Otherwise, you need to set it back to whatever value you jumped from.

Did you understand the purpose of the variable "VAR_GlobInt16_47"? That's what I've been talking about in my last 4 messages.

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: 2019-11-23 21:52:00 »
Yes, everything is set up after Kuja's boss, I just can't get case 144 to trigger after the boss. :(

I looked at Black Waltz No. 3's case for his fight at the Cargo Ship for referance and that didn't need any variables when his boss fight finished. :(

ToraCarol

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40b)
« Reply #1640 on: 2019-11-26 16:09:38 »

@ToraCarol: Maybe it has something to do with the dialog itself? What text opcodes are you using?

Hey Tirlititi! It's along time..sorry for the late reply, and good job with the updateon HWS! So...what do you mean exactly with text opcode? I know there is something like this for sure but I don't know where to look exactly right now..  :-\

ApolloGrimoire

• View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2019-11-28 21:45:34 »
I've decided to leave that scene for now and it's been changed back to the original scene. Though I did manage to change Blank to Erin for the Blue Narciss segment.

Not sure if this goes here but...

Later at Ipsen's Castle, there seems to be something odd if you have Beatrix join the party inside.
Quina's missing. I did a separate playthrough earlier with Quina in the party and Eiko was missing. Beatrix was also present in the party.

Seems that Beatrix is overriding something here in a Function.

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2019-12-06 23:36:33 »
I think I'm just about finished the first draft of what I've been working on for a while now, but I seem to be encountering a freeze whenever I boot up the game from Steam. The launcher works fine, but as soon as I attempt to launch the game it gets stuck on the FF9 logo and doesn't appear to ever get past it, doesn't seem to want to close either. The mod does seem to still load up properly within Hades, so that's good.

Fortunately I've been creating backups of the mod every time I work on it (back after I made a massive mistake in September which wiped a lot of encounter data) so I'm able to go back to a working version, so it's not a huge deal. The thing is, I think the only change I made between my last working state and this crash is a change to what random battles can occur in a few sections of Memoria, specifically I removed the Veteran fights in the area entirely and swapped them to the Ash fights that can appear in the same space. Basically I wanted to get rid of the fights because they're not terribly interesting compared to Ash, even if they're buffed up, plus I figured I might be able to reclaim the fights entirely and possibly use them elsewhere, though I'm not quite at a point where I'm ready to do that yet.

It's entirely possible that there's a factor or something I'm not too sure of that's changed besides this, but so far this is the only thing I've found and I don't remember changing much else during that session. All I've really done is changed the field files for a few spots in Memoria and I didn't have any parse errors or any other input issues that I can see.

Tirlititi, have you ever seen this particular kind of crash before? I haven't really seen the like until now.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: 2019-12-07 10:20:21 »
Yes Clem Fandango, I've encountered such kind of crash before... and when I did, I tried to fix the problem ^^"

If you want to know where it comes from, the first thing is to try launching the game with all the files modded except p0data7.bin (which is the file containing the field scripts). If it doesn't crash with the base p0data7, that's a good point in favor of that Ash/Veteran change having triggered the problem. If it still crashes, then it was something else.

The field scripts are in p0data7 but if it crashes at the logo, then it's not really about the script itself but rather about how the files are packed inside the archive p0data7. I'm afraid you may have encountered a rare bug that happens only at specific settings (a file having a special position in the archive, replaced by an update with a special file size...). I'm not aware of such bug in the latest version of HW, but I expect it to work like that from experience...

Another possibility, that wouldn't make the issue comes from HW, is that you somehow replaced one of the game's files (p0data7 for instance) while HW was opened (and had loaded those game's files). If you do that, then HW will compile the Steam mod files wrongly and pack complete nonsense in the archives. The .hws would not be damaged in that scenario though.

@ApolloGrimoire: Sorry, I don't know about Quina in that cutscene. It's too specific and I don't remember how it is coded in that field :/

@ToraCarol: Text opcodes are things like "[STRT=...]" or "[TIME=-1]" or "[ZDNE]". Basically, everything inside brackets: they are handled specially by the game's text parser and transformed into something else.

rpg-lad

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2019-12-08 19:43:36 »
Hello Tirlititi o/

I got a few tiny questions again (yes, we've talked on steam before ^^)

I'm facing some crash problems with HW
(it closes instantly when loading 1 mod or selecting specific tabs)
while putting on a few finishing touches for a smaller mod.
Am I just not importing and editing tabs in the right order?
I found myself with HW crashing/closing on the 'Enemies' tab a few times, even more when I import a mod file (so i guess the mod file's too old since I made it while using 0.38 and I am now trying to edit the Steam FFIX with the most recent release). Also crashes/closes when i try going into the Steam version's 'Stats' tab to edit character skills/stats data.
Is this common after I just imported 2-3 files from the Beatrix-only mod? (since that's basically the only thing that's on my current steam mod)
IF the cause for HW crashing on my file is because i am trying to edit the game with the Beatrix files present (so the p0data2 and -7 ones)... I got another one:
So, if i would chose to edit the whole stuff for the 'Party' tab, mainly everything about the character data first,
on a clean fresh mod and then copy the Beatrix mod into the folder: Would it end up as overwritten? Just want to figure out a way to work around and put them together in the right working order.

Or could it have something to do with my general software setup or specs (insufficient framework version for instance) that would make the app crash on loading one mod file?

Thanks in advance and have a good time!
Sorry if i blocked too much text in here >_<
There's no rush c:
« Last Edit: 2019-12-08 19:45:53 by rpg-lad »

Clem Fandango

• View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: 2019-12-09 02:38:03 »
Yes Clem Fandango, I've encountered such kind of crash before... and when I did, I tried to fix the problem ^^"

If you want to know where it comes from, the first thing is to try launching the game with all the files modded except p0data7.bin (which is the file containing the field scripts). If it doesn't crash with the base p0data7, that's a good point in favor of that Ash/Veteran change having triggered the problem. If it still crashes, then it was something else.

The field scripts are in p0data7 but if it crashes at the logo, then it's not really about the script itself but rather about how the files are packed inside the archive p0data7. I'm afraid you may have encountered a rare bug that happens only at specific settings (a file having a special position in the archive, replaced by an update with a special file size...). I'm not aware of such bug in the latest version of HW, but I expect it to work like that from experience...

Another possibility, that wouldn't make the issue comes from HW, is that you somehow replaced one of the game's files (p0data7 for instance) while HW was opened (and had loaded those game's files). If you do that, then HW will compile the Steam mod files wrongly and pack complete nonsense in the archives. The .hws would not be damaged in that scenario though.

I've had some time to mess around with the the various files that are generated by Hades, launching the game with and without the different files, and it seems that the p0data7 file doesn't seem to be doing it, instead it's the modified resources.assets file that's causing it. Based on the the name, file size and some brief searching, this particular file handles graphical/sound data, right? I haven't really tried messing around with anything like that recently.

Basically what I'm wondering is what kinds of modifications could cause changes to that file, I'm holding out hope that it's a fairly small number possibilities to make debugging it easier.

As always, thanks for your continued responses in this thread Tirlititi. I'm honestly terrible at things like scripting and I don't think I could have come as far on my project as I have without being able to refer to your examples and responses in here.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2019-12-09 15:57:08 »
@Clem Fandango: You're welcome :)
I'm out of modding, but I really wish that FF9 modding doesn't die with me (well, it won't because Albeoris, Snouz and a few others are doing great without me anyway).

About the resources.assets, it contains various files. Most of them are the text and dialog files. It may be that a wrong text formatting (like missing a [ENDN] or [TIME=-1] at the end of a text) would make the game softlock at the logo.

@rpg-lad: I don't really understand what you're doing, but it is usually safer to open HW on an un-modded version of the game (though the files p0dataX.bin should not be a problem and the robustness to Assembly-CSharp.dll modifications was improved). If the program crashes before reading the enemy datas or while reading the enemy datas, that means these datas are problematic, even if it happens when trying to open a .hws file (the program first reads the datas from the game before doing anything with the .hws).

The correct way to create a mod based on my "Alternate Fantasy: Beatrix only version" is actually to download the source files of the mod (the link is in AF's topic) and read the Readme.txt to see how to use the files there (there are the source files of each version of the AF mod in that archive).

rpg-lad

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2019-12-09 16:55:53 »
Okay, okay, sorry if that was a bit more than confusing.
(I was kinda confused as well about the crashing/freezing while writing that that post up there x.x)

In short, I had HW frequently crashing for the Steam version whenever I tried:
- editing Enemies tab AFTER using a hws file on it
- editing Party(Stats) tabs AFTER applying a .hws file or Beatrix Mode files (p0 2 + 7) on it

Since problem #2 would prevent me from editing most stuff under 'Party' (including stats for Bea) until I remove it (or use a fresh base),
I just wanted to know if the data of p0data 2 & 7 would overwrite each other after
Applying the .hws mod on top of Beatrix Mode or vice versa
?
Or is it safe to apply my own .hws separately on top a Beatrix Mode Steam mod, after I've worked everything I wanted to change out?
So my main point here rn is just checking out about the capacity of modded stuff I can stack
on top of each other. without overwriting things that might store data in the same file (my main concern rn)
before putting on the other touches per dnSpy.

I hope I didnt write it up too complicated this time x_x

My planned order of work looked like this:

Beatrix Mode Import > Party/Inventory/Tetra/Fields tab changes > Enemies > formulas and other stuff that need help of dnSpy

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2019-12-20 22:37:55 »
I don't know why that's happening to you.
Your planned order of work looks fine if "Beatrix Mode Import" means that you import the AFBeatrixOnly_v5.0.hws on a clean non-modded game.

You should do this:
1) Import the Beatrix HWS file, do the modifications you want, save as HWS (the .hws will contain both Beatrix's changes and your own),
rather than that:
2) Do the modifications that you want, save as HWS (your modifications only), import the Beatrix HWS and then your modifications again.
Indeed, it is possible to import several HWS one after the other but the latest import will have priority for everything that is common to both mods. For instance, if you modify any of party's spells, all of them will be stored in the HWS file (not only the bit you've changed). You can see in the "Tools -> Mod Manager" how each section is splitted (for instance, if you modify an enemy's HP, all the other enemies are not stored in the HWS and even that enemy's AI script won't be).

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2019-12-21 21:26:24 »
Hello Tirlititi, Do you have the address of VWF font of Final Fantasy IX PSX version?