Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 693729 times)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #775 on: 2010-10-29 21:13:28 »
you have a field folder
otherwise, the game wouldn't run at all
final fantasy viii -> data -> field

Think for yourself - it's not a crime

plumcake

« Reply #776 on: 2010-10-29 22:49:29 »
you wanna bet? i ran my game and then decided to add mods and i did not have a field folder. so you tell me how i ran my game without a field folder and why whenever i edit it nothing is changed

As you can see I do not have a field folder.

And my game works fine.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-29 23:03:30 by plumcake »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2010-10-29 22:57:57 »
you wanna bet? i ran my game and then decided to add mods and i did not have a field folder. so you tell me how i ran my game without a field folder and why whenever i edit it nothing is changed

take a picture or two showing us your data folder, set the game to run in windowed mode, and actually show us that it's running then. sorry to say but im a skeptical person, and unless you offer proofs i throw my BS Hammer at you good sir.

:p

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2010-10-29 23:03:20 »

Did you select maximum install or standard install when you installed the game? Because my guess would be that the game is reading the char and flevel lpg files from somewhere other than the FF7 directory on your HDD.

plumcake

« Reply #779 on: 2010-10-29 23:04:34 »

take a picture or two showing us your data folder, set the game to run in windowed mode, and actually show us that it's running then. sorry to say but im a skeptical person, and unless you offer proofs i throw my BS Hammer at you good sir.

:p

Look above
« Last Edit: 2010-10-29 23:09:21 by plumcake »

plumcake

« Reply #780 on: 2010-10-29 23:07:12 »

Did you select maximum install or standard install when you installed the game? Because my guess would be that the game is reading the char and flevel lpg files from somewhere other than the FF7 directory on your HDD.

I chose standard. Is that bad? and I searched for char in my directory and its no where to be found

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2010-10-29 23:10:20 »
It's bad if you want to use mods.

If you choose standard, the game will read the files from the "data" folder on the disc instead of from the hard drive. You'll only be able to use modded files if you edit an .iso image, which would be weird.

Copy your saves into a safe place, uninstall the game and then reinstall it, being sure to choose "maximum install". The game will then copy the "data" folder to your hard drive and you'll be able to modify the files therein.

plumcake

« Reply #782 on: 2010-10-29 23:12:32 »

If you choose standard, the game will read the files from the "data" folder on the disc instead of from the hard drive. You'll only be able to use modded files if you edit an .iso image, which would be weird.

Copy your saves into a safe place, uninstall the game and then reinstall it, being sure to choose "maximum install". The game will then copy the "data" folder to your hard drive and you'll be able to modify the files therein.

Ah okay. Thank you :D. Now I gotta do all the mods and updates all over and restart and blablabla xD but o well I guess. Thanks again :)

cryoslayer

« Reply #783 on: 2010-10-30 12:38:28 »
still having issues with the switch screen & menu opening ....as seen in my previous post... can anyone comment?

Hi There, I am new to the Forum.

Just installed PRP and Each new screen or when i open a menu the game crashes...

should I read through all 31 pages on this post to get the answers or is it because the patch is glitchy?

i run W.XP 32 bit, no grafix card, got 1.02 patch and aali's patch as described on http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/aalis-custom-graphics-driver/

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2010-10-31 01:27:46 »

Ah okay. Thank you :D. Now I gotta do all the mods and updates all over and restart and blablabla xD but o well I guess. Thanks again :)

ewwwww. i so screwed that up, i posted my reply into the quote part >.> -fail- lol.

i did the :p for a reason dear. but i'm glad that your problem got fixed. :3 <- here. XD
« Last Edit: 2010-10-31 10:03:44 by Aeris »

total9999

• Pirate
  • arrr matey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2010-10-31 16:31:21 »
refresh first link please, megaupload please :D

purple.platypus

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2010-11-23 23:08:22 »
I've played through the beginning of the game with this mod, and can I just say it blew my socks off? The whole feel of the game changes, to the point where I hear different (more mature) voices in my head for the dialogue, just from having the more realistic models instead of the goofy Lego ones. I hope that, contrary to what seems to be the current rumour, this gets finished once and for all at some point, though it's very impressive as it stands.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2010-11-24 06:51:16 »
I completely agree.  It is a real shame it seems to have ended.  There are a few big models left to do like Young Aerith, and a few fixes like Sephiroth's hair at the temple of the Ancients.  It is a great mod and I hope it is finished one day.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #788 on: 2010-11-28 04:30:48 »
wasn't there somewhere an official "it's over guys" ? At least I remember seeing something like that but i'm not sure anymore

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2010-11-29 21:23:53 »
wasn't there somewhere an official "it's over guys" ? At least I remember seeing something like that but i'm not sure anymore
i also seem to recall this project being axed, at least by the original creators. That doesn't mean someone else can't take up control though, a good portion of characters are already finished, and as far as non-canon mods go, this one is my favorite. Only reason i don't use it is because the combination of improved models and original models makes for a somewhat schizophrenic visual style at times.

lee

Soul

• "I'll take a potato chip AND EAT IT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2010-12-06 00:49:35 »
Is this project still in progress? Or does it stopped already?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #791 on: 2010-12-06 14:02:57 »
uh, read the last few posts?

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2010-12-06 23:46:59 »
bummer then.  :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2010-12-07 00:59:29 »
I have to be honest I find it very irritating when someone starts a project and then abandons it half way through.  If you have busted your balls on something, see it through.

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2010-12-07 11:40:44 »
But, we can always look for some volunteers who wants to continue this project right? :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2010-12-07 12:30:12 »
Are you volunteering?

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2010-12-07 12:37:59 »
Well, I wish I could. But i can't coz I don't know anything about modelling. And I also don't have the resources to do so. I'm just an "ordinary" guy here. I only make comments, suggestions, and recommendations. Not the actual project itself. But I wish someone would volunteer, so that this kewl Mod will continue to improve and somehow be finished and will not be forgotten as time goes by.

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2010-12-07 13:23:07 »
Well, I wish I could. But i can't coz I don't know anything about modelling. And I also don't have the resources to do so. I'm just an "ordinary" guy here. I only make comments, suggestions, and recommendations. Not the actual project itself. But I wish someone would volunteer, so that this kewl Mod will continue to improve and somehow be finished and will not be forgotten as time goes by.

Just get some motivation (beer, girls, etc.) and try=) You will learn a lot of new stuff that might come handy in the future)

Soul

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2010-12-07 13:34:09 »
Well, I tried learning the last time. But I just can't. And I don't even own a pc. I just have my laptop with me. It's not even high-end so to speak. I'll just stand by here and watch some guys do the modelling action. Observing is part of learning to right?  :) Well, I'll just be the one of those guys who motivates those who do modelling so that they will not lose hope in what they are doing and so that they can exceed the expectations of others.  ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #799 on: 2010-12-09 13:40:31 »
Team Avalanche is essentially an upgraded version of this mod
It's like... you're asking if microsoft would continue development on windows XP while there is Win7 out there, which has a XP mode even.