Author Topic: Probably a dumb question but  (Read 2030 times)

Cyberman

• View Profile
Probably a dumb question but
« on: 2013-02-28 02:18:01 »
A few things
  • I still have Jenova Griever Dagger DLL based PS1 editors along with code.
  • I may port them to linux and GTK+ based window systems (with same plugin system as before)
  • I have a new toy called iso_builder I am working on.
The question ...

WHERE CAN I put discussion for these these here? It's been since 2006 I've worked on the PS1 stuff (computer issues to put it mildly).

However I've finally found the most crazy way to maintain them, it will work (maybe) :D

I plan to use sourceforge sometime for these
I may attempt to integrate the save game editors into Qgears (even)

Tools states "post no new threads" so ... these are game editors 3 and 1 utlity that may fit under game hacking tool (for chrono cross FF7/8 and 9 for now) iso_build.
iso_build I plan to later (as in months) encompass UDF based ISO images so FF10 and FF12 can also be "modified" as desired.

It's companion tool may be iso extract. The latter is much more complicated than assembling an ISO image and I've yet to figure how to make it work without some intimate knowedge of a disk or data.

Since these are both designed to work WITH a scripting language (IE python bash etc. ) It may be simple to make iso_extract work with these since it is designated to be a comand line tool like iso_build.

iso build is intended to be used with a tool like make (to assemble a new ISO file from a set of data files for example battle models and battle scenes). After said ISO is assembled editing the field bin file should be possible by using ISO extract to find locations within the new ISO file and programatically updating field bin and doing a second iso build to add the replacement file.

Anyhow any idea where I can post announce progress et al for these tools?

Cyb

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Probably a dumb question but
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-28 02:50:14 »
FFX and FFXII!!! :)