Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 468120 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6)
« Reply #350 on: 2014-09-19 08:51:02 »
I noticed a bug for the psx version

When i modify something in a DAT  and i save the file, makou reactor write an additional "00" between the animation script and the akao, this change nothing for those who play on emulator, but for the PSP and material PSX that make the game crash 100%

Im not sure if the additional byte is the only difference, but for real PSX and PSP just adding or deleting a byte can cause the game crash

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2014-09-19 18:48:48 »
Did you actually test that? Normally zero padding is no issue whatsoever. Try inserting the “00“ on a unmodified .DAT file just at the location that you mentioned and change nothing else. Repack and check on your PSP, I can not imagine that it will hang up.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2014-09-19 19:02:52 »
i cannot guarantee there is only "00"  as difference , i know we can fill the end of a file with 00 without changing the file, but this one is between the animation script of the field and the akao section

when i change a dat file manually with an hex editor(without makou reactor) the game works fine on PSP, when i do exactly the sames change using the tool the game crashes, i dont understand why makou reactor rewrite the file this way , since its possible to have any changes and still having the game working

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2014-09-20 02:29:05 »
Whether its at the end or not is all irrelevant, you can put “00“s between any sectors as long as offsets are right Im using this a lot with no trouble. The 00 being between animation and whatever is optimal, only an extra byte inside a set of data would be damaging. But in between zeroes are ok. I assumed that you made the conclusion that 00 at that location causes crashes as you noticed that difference from a MR edit and received a crash thus but I maybe test if that's really it.

Other than that you can also use a compare function in your hex editor to see what MR did to your file ;)
I've used edited DATs a lot on my physical PSX already.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-20 07:19:35 by meesbaker »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2014-09-20 11:02:26 »
yes i compared them already, and i think this "00" is moving the offsets, but now im not so sure because in that case even epsxe would crashes

i cant tell you all the difference because there is another problem, when i uncompress a dat file and then i compress it ( without even modify the file) the values are not the same than the original, so i checked in the wiki and its said that the DAT files use the same lzs compression, but these differences dont make my game crashes, but with these existing differences, i cannot tell you what other difference makou reactor did, the only noticeable one is the "00" just before the akao section

to solve this i just edit the dat with hex editor but thats a lot of works , if i could use makou reactor that would be so much faster

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #355 on: 2014-09-20 11:06:32 »
The word/dword alignment has been al old issue with Makou Reactor, I thought it was fixed already  :|
Let's see if myst6re can do something about it.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2014-09-20 12:39:11 »
thats why i downloaded the latest version, all these bugs occurs when i was using 1.5.1, but i tried with 1.6.1 and its the same

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2014-10-03 18:48:41 »
Sheesh, Jeet you are actually right. The modified fields I used on my real PSX were hex edited after all. I just worked a field with MR and saved it in the ISO which crashed the game on PSX but not on epsxe.

This is truly bad as Im currently building a mod using it and I got my models and Kernel/Battle/Menu files perfectly working so it would be pretty sad to throw away physical compatibility for using MR.

Mystre6 can you please look at this? We love MR and we wanna use it :)

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2014-10-04 00:46:37 »
Yes but i solved it, changing everything manually with an hex editor, since i dont know well the structure of the DAT file, i use  makou reactor as an "example" , i keep an unaltered version of the DAT, i modify the other with wallmarket, then i compare the two dat file and change ONLY the desired changes, with this way its works perfectly on PSP, the problem is that it very time consuming.Because you have te re insert every files one by one too.

If makou reactor could works with PSX and PSP i could finish my mod in probably 2 or 3 days, using my "manual" method tooks me 3 weeks....its now finished but ruined my patience lol, look like PSX version is unloved for modders, probably because the difficulty , one bad step and everything crashes
« Last Edit: 2014-10-04 02:15:31 by Jeet »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2014-10-04 02:08:35 »
Wallmarket DOES work with the physical consoles I'm using heavily modded Kernels on my PSX. I explained to you how to fix the kernel pieces and yamada, that's all it takes  ;)

On the .dat files did you actually compare a MR edited .dat file to your manually edited final product which was working? The changes would be interesting maybe it has sonething to do with the recompression or the tool saving directly into the ISO. Maybe we just have to edit the .dat files from a FIELD folder and reinsert manually.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2014-10-04 02:14:20 »
Ooh yes sorry i meant "makou reactor" , wallmarket works perfectly !

Yes if you change it manually its works,  i think its because makou reactor change the lba and many offset of the files when u modify it, and the psx dont like it
« Last Edit: 2014-10-04 02:17:03 by Jeet »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2014-10-04 02:31:01 »
Interesting, I see. I'll do some experiments tomorrow as well.

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #362 on: 2014-10-04 10:50:46 »
So DAT file format is correct, but the offset of the file is wrong? When a modified DAT file is bigger than the original, I try to find a place for the file inside the ISO, maybe that's the problem.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2014-10-04 13:51:10 »
Does anyone know how to hide a particular background layer? I'm trying to hide the Highwind in the Hill scene, 771.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #364 on: 2014-10-04 14:01:33 »
Change the Z value for the background layer 4, like in script  "sky > S0 - Init" and put it behind the layer 3.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2014-10-04 14:19:30 »
Thanks, got it to work :) It was a little confusing though, the background viewer lists it as layer 4, but the script has it listed as layer 3.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2014-10-04 18:43:01 »
myst6re> Most of the file when saved are more modified that they should be , im not sure because im not familiar with the file structure of the DAT, but looks like all the offset are moved ( i noticed that the lba havebeen modified too?)

its maybe because when i modified only the desired value, the file size change, most of time its smaller than the original but when its bigger, the file cant be inserted anymore in the iso, i have found a way to solve this by replacing the name of the area with "000000"

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2014-10-04 19:12:47 »
I must also confirm that unfortunately it is not just the ISO insertion that causes trouble. When editing a FIELD folder and inserting the modded .dat files manually the same crashes appear. As for now MR produces .dat files that only work in emulators.

The filesize thing is not even an issue, one can insert files that are bigger than the original ones. It is the same mistake that cdmage does truncating and destroying files just because they exceed the original size. The only thing that matters is the size of the sector and often that is not the same. Im using a lot of files on my physical psx that cdmage wanted to truncate but they work using cdprog which only cares for sector size and thus allows slight filesize increments.

For the .dat files it is the same, no edit that I made actually made it impossible to cdprog the file back in, maybe the problem lies somewhere around there. Jeet reported that dat files are getting more edits than needed maybe check this again?

shikulja

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.1)
« Reply #368 on: 2014-10-09 07:13:59 »
need
text.cpp
const char *FF7Text::caract[256] =
add functon in program editing (or .ini)

and edit the width and position of letters.
Would also help user to compile a windows. readme in src no (

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
[FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.2)
« Reply #369 on: 2014-10-11 20:36:57 »

Changelog:
  • Adding new features to find a variable.
  • Fixing 4-bytes alignment in DAT file format.
  • Disabling text and script editor when a field cannot be opened correctly.
  • Deleting excess bytes when replacing file.
  • Fixing bad ids for background states and background layers.
  • Fixing bug: var list not updated correctly at launch (in search dialog).
  • Fixing bug: cannot delete first animation in model manager.
  • Fixing overflow error in LZS compression.
  • Some typos/bad translation fixes.

Thanks to sithlord48, DLPB, Jeet and meesbaker for all their bug reports.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-11 20:46:12 by myst6re »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.2)
« Reply #370 on: 2014-10-11 21:22:56 »
It seems to be stuck in French by default, I can't get it to use English. It just shows a blank error box.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #371 on: 2014-10-12 00:22:54 »
check that you have the file Makou_Reactor.qm in the same path as makou reactor.exe

edit: i noticed the new variable search methods. of course after i finish processing them all you add something to make it easier lol.

i will do my build stuff asap. just been very busy lately.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-12 00:26:43 by sithlord48 »

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
« Reply #372 on: 2014-10-12 09:15:18 »
It seems to be stuck in French by default, I can't get it to use English. It just shows a blank error box.

I have the same problem:

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #373 on: 2014-10-12 13:38:58 »
the version on the my PPA works correctly here on my linux machines.
so either its a packaging issue for the windows version or the windows version was released without the last few commits to the source.

please download the translation file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxqH9L8_QubjU01NMFpWQ3VMS28

place this file in the same path as the makou reactor executable .

if that doesn't work you will have to wait for myst to  build a fixed windows binary..

(ususally if you dont' have langs you get only one option in the language menu. so possible programing defect)

@myst6re . i see you have updated the debian/changelog that is good :D .. i did have to change the manintaner to me for the ppa build so that it can be signed with a known key and not break the chain of trust.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2014-10-12 13:41:24 »
Thanks, that works :)