Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836863 times)

Blagnarok

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6875 on: 2018-05-25 01:54:21 »
I love your New Threat mod so much.  I would really love to upgrade to version 1.5, but I use menu overhaul, and the ff7_mo.exe does not have some of the custom changes that you made to ff7.exe for this version.  Therefore, I have to have crappy menus to use your most recent version or go back to 1.4 with ff7_mo (which I have done.)

Is there any chance you could tweak ff7_mo.exe to be compatible with this newest version of 1.5 and include it in your download like you have with ff7 and ff7_en?

Thanks,
Nate

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: 2018-05-25 11:46:52 »
Where have you gone Sega, we miss you.

Whoopsie#3sie

• View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: 2018-05-25 18:52:34 »
Whats up with the low physical dmg tho? Im at the end of disc 2 and physical dmg is the most pointless thing in this game.  Even with the str builds i have never done over 400 dmg per hit on physical attack and thats on a good day. My regular hits do 200 dmg MAX......MAX. Same with limit breaks. Only magic does dmg in this mod for me. Took me 2 tries to beat Lost Number cause the dmg was stupid low. And then fighting Tseng? the amount of retries.........I literally have no plans on fighting the weapons. Im level 55,55 and aerith is 57. I dunno if i modded it wrong or is this how it was intended to be?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-25 18:58:47 by brandon2141 »

LuckyStax

• View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: 2018-05-25 19:26:52 »
Hi, big fan of NT here. I may have found a bug or easter egg of sorts. If you equip added effect + barrier to your weapon then hit yourself in the mod. It will cast: Wall, Reflect, and Sheild. This works even if the barrier materia is at level 1. Wasn't sure if this is intended or a bug/glitch. Thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: 2018-05-26 20:16:31 »
I think I mentioned this a while back but I don't think it ever got an answer. I just beat Barbariccia with morph and got nothing, now the documentation shows Rubicante which is the normal version of the fight and not arrange if I recall correctly. It dropped a bird wing which isn't the drop from Rubicante, so is it safe to assume that since they are COMPLETELY different enemies, that they don't have the same loot tables? If I'm right, can you tell me if I missed any steals or anything valuable from it seeing as it wouldn't morph into the fire ring? Also maybe consider putting Barbariccia in the documentation as well to avoid confusion.

Edit: I think it's the same situation with Illuyankas now that I think about it, anything of note that drops/steals/morphs from him?

They are different enemies; neither have Morphs or Steals from what I can see.

Ive been in numerous battle so far with movers and i have yet to see them use "Trine" enemy skill yet (on Arrange mode if that matters). I sadly forgot to equip enemy skill before the Godo fight so i missed my chance at that one so i just moved on hoping to get it later (to complete the collection) but having no luck.

Just looking for conformation that they can actually cast the skill (or what does) cause as it stands i feel like i missed my chance to complete it.

For Trine, use a Limit Break and that should trigger Movers to use it (so long as all 3 are still alive). Bomb King casts Beta rather than Trine.

I love your New Threat mod so much.  I would really love to upgrade to version 1.5, but I use menu overhaul, and the ff7_mo.exe does not have some of the custom changes that you made to ff7.exe for this version.  Therefore, I have to have crappy menus to use your most recent version or go back to 1.4 with ff7_mo (which I have done.)

Is there any chance you could tweak ff7_mo.exe to be compatible with this newest version of 1.5 and include it in your download like you have with ff7 and ff7_en?

Thanks,
Nate

I'll run a ff7_mo.exe through hext-edit and send it across.

Where have you gone Sega, we miss you.

:c

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: 2018-05-27 05:40:21 »
Arrange has some balance issues end-game at the moment due to the .exe modifications to materia bonuses/penalties.
It's been a while since I last played, and I just installed everything and noticed that. Amusingly this was enough for me to mess around with WallMarket to try and fix some of the unyet-fixed issues I spotted (mostly things with the armors), but most of it was forgivable.

I think the biggest issue is how the stat reductions are used at the moment heavily encourage physical damage builds over magic builds, which isn't an issue early-game, but a serious problem late-game given how steeply a lot of the materia reduce physical and magical defense. The magic-materia have no issues with how they are set up, it's the support materia where this is most problematic from what I can see.

Magic casters NEED support materia in order to be useful as casters, and some of the best support materia are too negatively stat-reduction heavy at this point in time to be of use for those types of magic builds.

Thus it means that you should be considering alternative stat bonuses and reduction setups to deal with that. It's one thing if the reductions also give some useful bonuses, but that isn't really the situation with the support materia at this time (the command materias are also almost in the same boat, with all of them being too similar to eachother from what I can see).

That said, what you did with the "HP <> MP" materia is quite honestly genius, and works nicely for both Cait Sith and Vincent given their abilities. Amusingly were there a Relic that could allow characters to lose MP in place of HP when they take enemy damage, it would make it worth using that materia and relic, and would make Vincent and Cait Sith have some fun uses given what could be done with it. :evil: :-P

Anyways, I'm starting up a new play-through, and I'll give commentary and screenshots as I go through things and if I spot any issues. ;D

EDIT; Ok, first issue found. Right after the Reactor 5 mission, when you get Aeris/Aerith as a party member, the innate ability description for her contradicts itself. Here's a screenshot showing what it covers;

Spoiler: show

And here's a screenshot showing what it does not.

Second Edit; Pretty suspicious indeed (broken text box). :P

« Last Edit: 2018-05-27 11:20:25 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: 2018-05-27 12:28:31 »

Welcome back, I'll be making fine-tuning to the materia bonuses/penalties fairly soon when I start work on the mod again in early June. There's a lot of other bugs and things that need sorted out as well, so let me know about any you find.

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: 2018-05-27 15:34:40 »
Hi, I've been playing 1.5 with the march exe, and while I'm really enjoying it, I'm wondering should I play arrange instead?
I feel I'm putting all this effort into my builds and character sets up, but feeling it doesn't really matter so much atm? The fights are not challenging, does this difficulty level spike up? I'm just after leaving desert prison.

If the difficulty level doesn't spike, how hard exactly is arrange? I like to feel like all my work and customization has meaning, with fights where I have to use it, but I always run into hard modes, where fights simply become stupid, and it kills the patch for me. So maybe I should stick to normal? Though, I'm really hoping things pick up in difficulty.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-27 15:36:37 by jugend »

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: 2018-05-27 18:07:07 »
Welcome back, I'll be making fine-tuning to the materia bonuses/penalties fairly soon when I start work on the mod again in early June. There's a lot of other bugs and things that need sorted out as well, so let me know about any you find.
Understood.

Speaking of which, Dark Nation is utterly invincible again. No damage can be done to him, he can't be healed, he can't be morphed, etc.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: 2018-05-27 21:23:41 »
so sega.....i just got to mr smile again.....and i upgraded cloud but i only got like....1,2,3 sources of each kind and only 1 point for each use. isnt it supposed to be 5 per source now? im basically getting no legitimate stat boost now : /

idk if others have run into this issue already or not. appreciate any solution you could provide though lol.

Edit: for the record, this is the 2018 update of v1.5. the standalone one i think.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-27 22:27:41 by Maverick4031 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: 2018-05-27 23:16:19 »
Hi, I've been playing 1.5 with the march exe, and while I'm really enjoying it, I'm wondering should I play arrange instead?
I feel I'm putting all this effort into my builds and character sets up, but feeling it doesn't really matter so much atm? The fights are not challenging, does this difficulty level spike up? I'm just after leaving desert prison.

If the difficulty level doesn't spike, how hard exactly is arrange? I like to feel like all my work and customization has meaning, with fights where I have to use it, but I always run into hard modes, where fights simply become stupid, and it kills the patch for me. So maybe I should stick to normal? Though, I'm really hoping things pick up in difficulty.

I would stick to normal for now, it'll ramp up the further you go and Disc 2/3 has a lot of tougher encounters to pitch your teams against.

Understood.

Speaking of which, Dark Nation is utterly invincible again. No damage can be done to him, he can't be healed, he can't be morphed, etc.

That's his Arrange Mode AI; he can only be killed on Normal difficulty.

so sega.....i just got to mr smile again.....and i upgraded cloud but i only got like....1,2,3 sources of each kind and only 1 point for each use. isnt it supposed to be 5 per source now? im basically getting no legitimate stat boost now : /

idk if others have run into this issue already or not. appreciate any solution you could provide though lol.

Edit: for the record, this is the 2018 update of v1.5. the standalone one i think.

Sounds like the .exe hasn't patched. I would recommend either running the installer again or download the 7H folder to find the files you need and drop the .exe in manually: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1378ris52eh43ua/FF7%20NT%20IRO%2010th%20March%202018.zip

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: 2018-05-27 23:38:27 »
Sounds like the .exe hasn't patched. I would recommend either running the installer again or download the 7H folder to find the files you need and drop the .exe in manually: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1378ris52eh43ua/FF7%20NT%20IRO%2010th%20March%202018.zip

unfortunately all that did was break my game....lol
that exe is separate from the ff7 launcher file and asks for disks i don't have.....and i guess it didnt like the other ff7 en file. fml. lol

edit: im at the point where perhaps i just need to flat out buy this thing on steam or something.

basically because the moment i use the ff7 english file from the mod, i lose the ability to play it at all, cuz it starts communicating with my steam program immediately and goes right back to the launcher.

edit 2:

bought and installed steam version proper...i guess it all works now. lol.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-28 02:30:05 by Maverick4031 »

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: 2018-05-27 23:49:36 »
I would stick to normal for now, it'll ramp up the further you go and Disc 2/3 has a lot of tougher encounters to pitch your teams against.

Thats good to know. Curious why you don't recommend playing arrange? I started playing it since that post, just left kalm, and I'm enjoying it a lot more, the random encounters can actually keep me own my toes now, and the boss fights are much more exciting. Does is get way too extreme or something?

btw, is tifa lucky reels mod compatible with new threat? And does anyone have the file? The links are dead now on the forums.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-28 17:16:01 by jugend »

Arkusam

• View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: 2018-05-28 02:01:52 »
I have tried the following :

Cloud as Party Leader, Tifa not in party
Cloud as Party Leader, Tifa in party
Tifa as Party Leader, Cloud in party
Tifa as Party Leader, Cloud not in party

Tried using the iros from 24th November and 10th March.
Tried swapping between .bc and .mo exe files

I'm not really familiar with modding for this (I've followed the 7th Heaven guide for installation) so I don't have an idea
for how to sort this out.

Cheers for replying

Ark

Hi SC,

Saw this got lost in the posts so I'm bumping post.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: 2018-05-28 13:49:07 »
heya SC,

now that everything seemingly works....im noticing that your materia buffs and drops are insanely hefty? exp up has -30 vit and -30 spr for instance, and a number of blue materias have -15s on em. was that intentional? lol. maybe someone already addressed this and if so i apologize. all i know is that im seeing stats drop to straight 0's from the hefty drops lol.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: 2018-05-28 23:19:57 »
That's his Arrange Mode AI; he can only be killed on Normal difficulty.
That is good to know. Speaking of which, Jenova-Vector (I think), the Boss fight on the ship before you get Ifrit? Jenova's HP is 12,000 in that fight, and she's not bringing up the two 'helpers' she normally does in Arrange. Considering her HP is usually above 15k and she brings up the (morphable) helpers in Arrange, I'm marking that down as a potential issue here.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: 2018-05-29 23:41:28 »
hey SC, i'm at the part where i am supposed to face off with Dyne....but...
isn't there supposed to be a fight with the scorpion mech at this point as well? im not seeing him anywhere.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: 2018-05-29 23:46:14 »
Hey Maverick4031

Sega chief moved the scorpion to mt ordels now

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: 2018-05-30 00:16:47 »
Hey Maverick4031

Sega chief moved the scorpion to mt ordels now

mt. corel? but i never saw him there either? i know he shows up MUCH LATER there, but i never saw him the first time around.

edit:
on another note....SC.....did you buff the junon leagues by chance? i just got ohko'd as barret with good stats.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 00:28:31 by Maverick4031 »

Szaikan

• View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: 2018-05-30 10:10:39 »
I added hextedits to the FF7_MO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d9dnj9pmaz0qv3p/ff7_mo%20with%201.5%20EXE%20Proto%20Changes.zip
Hi, this file not work, Source still give 1 point and materia like steal give -25%hp

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: 2018-05-30 12:40:47 »
Hi SC,

Saw this got lost in the posts so I'm bumping post.

Might need to send me your save file so i can check the vars attached to that sidequest and reset them.

Quote from: Maverick4031

link=topic=14938.msg257231#msg257231 date=1527639407
mt. corel? but i never saw him there either? i know he shows up MUCH LATER there, but i never saw him the first time around.

edit:
on another note....SC.....did you buff the junon leagues by chance? i just got ohko'd as barret with good stats.

Mt. Nibel

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: 2018-05-30 12:49:30 »

Hey sega chief

I have a neat idea for your ff7 2.0 new threat mod, my idea is this that you put up a countdown timer for when someone does the tifa gas champer mini game and when tifa gets her self out of there, that the people have to fight the slapping girl at the end of manko cannon

what do you think of that idea

Farlance

• View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: 2018-05-30 21:15:31 »
Is there a reason why Gorki in the pagoda is basically untouchable in every way? Takes no physical or elemental damage, and avoids EVERYTHING else.

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: 2018-05-30 23:44:37 »
Hey i found something funny in north crater. You put your own save points in, and i found a way to access an old chest you replaced with a save point

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398840198

in the previous screen you see the chest, but you go through to the next room and it shows the save point instead, but you can menu buffer through the trigger, and access the chest, that is normally impossible to get. You still get nothing, but i found this funny.