Author Topic: Hi-Res Aeris Model (WIP)  (Read 28930 times)

cbudd

• View Profile
Re: Hi-Res Aeris Model (WIP)
« Reply #25 on: 2013-10-15 20:16:02 »
Well,

I finally got the head to show with textures in Kimera (latest version) but they aren't mapping right on the head :(

It still doesn't show anything useful in pcreator, though.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #26 on: 2013-10-15 20:43:17 »
Well,

I finally got the head to show with textures in Kimera (latest version) but they aren't mapping right on the head :(

It still doesn't show anything useful in pcreator, though.

That's good, it'll actually work now. If it's not mapped correctly you need to check the uv layout in pcreator. Don't just flip the Y, make sure the mapping matches what you have in Blender.

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-10-15 20:53:40 »
That's good, it'll actually work now. If it's not mapped correctly you need to check the uv layout in pcreator. Don't just flip the Y, make sure the mapping matches what you have in Blender.

I still can't get pcreator to see the uv mapping, though.  Even if I convert the pfile to 3ds, it just won't see it.

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-10-15 21:02:48 »
Okay, I finally got it!  Sort of...

I flipped the texture itself upside down and now it matches, which is great.  Unfortunately, the model has some issues I guess created by the conversion process (seams maybe?  They are black lines in random spots on the model.  I've got some work to do yet, but it is something.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013-10-15 23:01:52 »
Include pictures, texture issues could be almost anything. If you're using Meshlab it should convert to 3ds without any issues. Have you checked the mesh? The faces aren't flipped or anything? I had that problem with Red XIII, the feet were rendering light upside down. Also double check the texture and uv mapping in blender, make sure there isn't anything you missed, even small errors can show if something isn't lined up right. At least it's importing to Kimera now, that's half the battle right there.

btw if you're the last to post you can edit your posts to add to them, it'll make keeping track of your progress easier.

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-10-15 23:19:49 »
Include pictures, texture issues could be almost anything. If you're using Meshlab it should convert to 3ds without any issues. Have you checked the mesh? The faces aren't flipped or anything? I had that problem with Red XIII, the feet were rendering light upside down. Also double check the texture and uv mapping in blender, make sure there isn't anything you missed, even small errors can show if something isn't lined up right. At least it's importing to Kimera now, that's half the battle right there.

btw if you're the last to post you can edit your posts to add to them, it'll make keeping track of your progress easier.

Yes, good call Meshlab fixed the errors!  I'll try to post an in game shot of Aeris with her new head if I can :)

Long way to go (and I wouldn't call the head finished by any means) but I am a lot less discouraged now!

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-11-03 05:07:11 »
Well, finally got the head in game and found an area where you could actually see her face from the field view (you hardly ever see her up close in field I guess!)

I do have some problems that I am having a hard time with.  For one, there are some smoothing issues that I can't seem to resolve (specifically around the chin, eyes, and nose) and it seems that many people solve these problems with textures, but I am not sure how they are doing that.  It just makes for some sharp angles in areas that I do not like.  Maybe I just need more poly's, but that seems to just magnify the issue.

I tried making a normal map, but I really don't understand how to implement that.  The thing looks great subsurfed, but I can't transfer that into the game :(

*Some model problems are fairly obvious to me right now as well -  Ears are too large, and the neck does not transistion properly from the jaw line (too narrow and too much flat area below the jaw.  These are relatively easy fixes if I can get the other part straightened out.

Additionally, I noticed that in Kimera my model appears gray and not white, which I think is affecting the coloring of my textures.  Does any one know the cause of this or a fix for it?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-03 05:51:12 by cbudd »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #32 on: 2013-11-03 12:04:54 »
Madona mia! We got huge heads! lolz

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013-11-04 05:27:07 »
Here is a Kimera shot of the updated head (still need to add braiding to the front hair) but definitely better with neck and ear adjustments.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #34 on: 2013-11-04 12:19:14 »
Quote from: The Rules
  • Be constructive with your criticism, if you like someones work then take the time to explain why rather than cluttering a thread with random words like "Nice" or "Cool". Similarly, if you don't like the work then be polite enough to offer advice on how it could be improved.

• Try not to quote images. There is no need for it. If you wish to quote a post that contains an image just remove the link from the quote.
    Image macro's will be confined to Completely Unrelated. There is no reason for them to be elsewhere as they add nothing to the discussion. This is not /b/.

C'mon, LeonhartGR, you know better than this. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2013-11-04 16:18:15 by Covarr's account »

srsmklt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013-11-04 14:55:16 »
looks like Augsburger Puppenkiste  :evil:

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-11-04 18:49:31 »
It's coming together pretty well. Focus on finishing adjustments and importing the rest of your model before worrying about anything else. You can always update the texture later on for something with more detail. Personally I think uv mapping and textures are the hardest parts and not easy to learn. I'm learning custom modeling with 2014 Maya right now and non of it's easy. 

cbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-11-04 19:11:51 »
Thanks!

Yeah, you are right.  I wanted to make sure that I could actually import the things and get them to work properly.  My texturing right now is really rudimentary stuff just to get some ideas for how things should look - although it is probably my weakest point as I'm not too artistic.  I think after I finish the model it will be a little easier to get proportionally correct and everything flowing nicely.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-11-04 19:23:55 »
No problem, this stuff cant just be picked up over night. I've only picked up some things about making textures. Luckily you don't have to physically be a good artist, just have to learn the techniques used with 3d. Here's a small tutorial on textures I found that may help.

http://thefree3dmodels.com/publ/photoshop/photoshop_head_texture_creation_tutorial/14-1-0-10

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-11-26 09:24:23 »
I will hijack this thread later.  :evil:

Edit:

By the way I use 923 faces with 488 verts. 1435 faces and 970verts with the holy matria, but I think i will use a Icosphere for it. Because nobody will see a difference between a super round UV Sphere and a low poly Icosphere. And that is actually the biggest advise I could give you: try to use as low polygons as possible when you design the ground mesh (at last if you have less experience with modeling.). You can still subdivide it when you think its fine and do work on the details then.

Anyway here is the blend file:
Aerith.rar
« Last Edit: 2013-11-26 12:07:19 by Kaldarasha »

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2014-05-28 15:55:15 »
Kaldarasha

this mod so you would have to put in the lgp? and another question, is to field enough to battle? thx

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2014-05-28 17:41:14 »
The model is in my mod included: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

I won't make lgp files. Use 7th Heaven to use the mod.

Seclet

• Todo esta permitido...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2014-05-29 00:31:05 »
ok very thx man.

I downloaded this pack: Unshaded-Models-1.63.7z for you to specify who the mod and aeris of field has the eyes closed, I passed, did you?

I used the tool to extract lgptools.exe meter or archives, as 7theaven not worked ejeje

« Last Edit: 2014-05-29 00:33:41 by Seclet »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2014-05-29 03:41:09 »
ok very thx man.

I downloaded this pack: Unshaded-Models-1.63.7z for you to specify who the mod and aeris of field has the eyes closed, I passed, did you?

I used the tool to extract lgptools.exe meter or archives, as 7theaven not worked ejeje

I'm sorry but other than you downloaded 1.63 non of that made sense. Try to explain what you're asking a little clearer. The mod works fine for 7H, though it's not currently wrapped in an iro. You can still just add the folder to the 7H library.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2014-05-29 05:51:29 »
Is there any way of converting Kaldarasha's Aeris to an lgp format. I really want this field model, but the way I have everything setup would be ruined by 7thHeaven. Please help.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2014-05-29 17:36:55 »
There is no need for converting the model, you can pack the files into your char.lgp and battle.lgp with the lgp-tools. I guess I haven't updated the single files with the new models because I wasn't sure how well they will look. It ever takes some revisions, it's easy to loose the track and be satisfied with actually crap.  :-D

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2014-05-30 18:08:50 »
Thanks Kaldarasha I figured it out. Sorry. I misread your post and thought you didn't have the LPG files. Great work man.