Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838943 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #950 on: 2015-03-22 16:31:51 »
1) I've left some flags on for Pearl by accident (ones that let it be linked to All), so that can be fixed up easily enough.

2) Funny thing, but on that note I also forgot to set the Holy flag for Pearl so it's currently non-elemental ^^'

3) I'll need to look into that. Not sure why the summon's element would bypass an elemental defence but there's a few things it could be. I'll need to isolate what's causing that to happen.

4) That must be what Zara mentioned before. That might be out of my hands because everything is more or less the same for KOTR in the kernel.

5) I might have to reduce the number of Berries anyway, Coin does crash the game when used in that fight perhaps because of either the counter-attack AI or the number of targets (9 in all) potentially causing trouble for the command's animation. Pandora's Box seems to work okay though, which has the same targeting flags.

About Box in that fight, for a good time go into it and cast Reflect on yourself and then give all the Berries Reflect too. Then cast Box.

cicadian

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2015-03-22 20:46:41 »
sega whats the down low on morphing variablis? between the constant status effects, high damage, elemental change and the fact you cant junction elemental attack to the weapons that do higher morph damage it seems very unlikely it would take under a few hours just to get it done right

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2015-03-22 22:23:00 »
That's likely an oversight on my part; thinking about it, the only reasonable way to get that guy Morphed is using a non-elemental weapon like Max Ray but the defence makes that tricky as well. Variablis himself isn't very popular and a hard spike compared to the others so I'll give him a once-over so that physical/non-elemental attacks are much more viable and damage he deals is down.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2015-03-23 02:42:27 »
Quick question,

I just got aerith and she is level 1. Is that normal?

When Tifa joined my party she was actually a couple levels higher than cloud and barret.

Thanks ahead of time!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2015-03-23 02:47:14 »
Doesn't sound it; Cloud starts at Lv.6 and then hits Lv.7 after the first mandatory fight with two MP Trainees. Then Barret joins +1 level above the average and Tifa joins two levels above the average. Aeris should be +1 level above the party average as well, not Lv.1.

Let me know if any other oddities pop up. This is 1.2 still, right?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2015-03-23 03:07:13 »
hmm. No I'm running 1.3 I believe.

Also, she has a spell called "osmose" which she didn't have when I played 1.2 for a bit.

I've fought like 3-4 battles in sector 6 and shes already almost to level 10 though.

**It might be important for me to note that I installed the game using tifas 7th heaven tutorial (using NO gameplay mods or menu overhaul through 7h however) and patched the game with your nt main installer.

I couldn't get the game to install properly any other way though. Could this be why that happened with Aeriths lvl?
« Last Edit: 2015-03-23 03:10:43 by Lionsmane »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2015-03-23 03:46:18 »
If Osmose is there and it's the main installer, then I guess the kernel is patched. Did you start from a pre-made save file? (as in, a 1.2 save file from the 1st reactor?) That might be it, as the EXP arc is slightly different so it maybe confused it slightly. Seems to have corrected itself, though if she's lv.10 now.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2015-03-23 14:11:26 »
Nah I actually am starting from a new game because I accidently deleted my old saves  8) haha. Yeah I mean the rate at which she's catching up to cloud seems like it's fixing itself I just wanted to ask/make you aware.

Thanks again

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2015-03-23 19:36:17 »
@Sega Chief
Thanks for making shrapnel and dazers available on the boat ride to Costa del Sol. It is hilariously helpful.
There's been a weird ATB glitch that I forgot to mention back in 1.2 where, when having the Exit materia equipped, characters would randomly reset their ATB at the start of an encounter as though they were back attacked. At first I thought it was just an issue with reaching the level cap back when I was at Great Glacier, which I then promptly forgot about it thanks to Sneak Attack + Exit, but I was brutally reminded during Cloud's solo trip to Fort Condor after fighting Illuyankas.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-23 19:39:43 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2015-03-23 21:28:22 »
That's in the original game too, I'm not sure why it does this but it might be some kind of work-around they put in to prevent some kind of potential issue with the Escape spell.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2015-03-25 00:10:21 »
Thanks for the mod, really nice. I need to know if this compatible with millenia cloud weapon mod, that modifies the sword textures. My version is steam. Thanks.
Edit: i would like to know if the mods of the "reunion" are compatible? Specifically the "memory patches" and "menu overhaul'.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-25 00:16:24 by rgmarks »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2015-03-25 00:32:37 »
You can make it easier by using 7th heaven as the one on the top of the list gets priority of the files they have.  If however you want to them to go together like the naming to be like in reunion you may need to tweak it by loading reunion changes to the kernel and copy over the new ones from New Threat.  Note as well this is not fully compatible with my mod as it overwrites the three items I used to create Masamune like how the ultimate weapons are made in this mod.  I will work to make it compatible down the line as long as Sega is okay with it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2015-03-25 01:43:55 »
Thanks for the mod, really nice. I need to know if this compatible with millenia cloud weapon mod, that modifies the sword textures. My version is steam. Thanks.
Edit: i would like to know if the mods of the "reunion" are compatible? Specifically the "memory patches" and "menu overhaul'.

Like Genesis said, 7H is the way to go for getting mods to run together. I think the memory patches + menu overhaul can work with NT, I remember seeing a few playthroughs using at least menu overhaul with it. As far as modifying battle characters/weapons go, that should definitely be compatible; NT doesn't change any of those files. If using without 7H, it tends to be best to install NT first then patch other mods on top of it or to add files manually to the .lgp archives.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2015-03-25 02:03:59 »
Thank you, now im gonna download this 7th heaven. i have to follow these instructions to install?   http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0

Are they up to date?

Edit: Nevermid, i just saw that u pointed this tutorial, so its work. Thanks anyway, gonna try this mod manager.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-25 02:10:52 by rgmarks »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2015-03-25 04:13:55 »
Yes it is a great tool especially since the source files remain unchanged.  Great when a mod is acting up and you make note of it and deactivate it until it gets fixed.  Just see if it isn't mentioned yet and if not post it.

indrema

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2015-03-25 22:36:38 »
Is the ancient temple dragon defeateble?
My party is lv33, I can remove over 6000 HP whit Levithan, but he can recharge over 4000 HP every two turn...
TNX

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2015-03-25 23:45:21 »
The way the fight goes is this: After a few turns, Brass will use Alloy Blast which reduces the player party to 1HP; the fight then transitions into Phase 2 when X-ATM turns up and starts fighting with Brass Dragon. The player's job here is to try and juggle between keeping themselves and X-ATM alive while wearing down Brass Dragon. If X-ATM is destroyed, Brass will wipe the player party. You'll also want to make sure X-ATM doesn't have the Petrified or the Slow-Numb statuses for very long as Brass will start to attack your party instead.

Some things that help here is to give X-ATM Barrier + MBarrier, and to throw some healing at it once in a while. If it's HP falls too low, it'll give a warning message and you'll want to get it healed immediately. As for your party, assuming that X-ATM isn't under Slow-Numb or Petrify then Brass will only use Zinc Wing (physical attack) or Alloy Ray (inflicts Petrify, single-target) on them.

Now for Brass Force; all Dragons in NT have a counter-attack that's triggered whenever they're struck by a Limit Break. If you avoid using Limit Breaks on Brass then he shouldn't use Brass Force at all.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2015-03-26 03:07:48 »
hey sega chief

is there anyway you could ultros as a fun boss to beat at the gold saucer battle arena please

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2015-03-26 03:13:39 »
I'll do what I can; I could maybe sort of do it if I use a Malboro as the base.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2015-03-26 15:49:46 »
Hey Chief, I'm delving down into the North Crater in my game now, and I've encountered an issue with "Christopher" in the left path "nesty" kind of area. He managed to lock the game up somehow by not completing his action- he kind of did a funny dance and then the battle didn't progress any further. I'm in WAIT atb mode and the party's bars aren't filling up (says 'wait' above) and they aren't completing previously issued commands. I also can't escape, but I can trigger the escape animation. It was in a battle with one Christopher and a Kighee (?).
I haven't tried to recreate the bug yet.
Luckily I'd saved at the bottom before going back up the left path, so I didn't lose much! Otherwise it's all going great. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2015-03-26 16:12:16 »
That issue came up before, one of his attacks had the wrong ID (was 100% sure I'd fixed it). Is this 1.2 from 7H or the 1.3 main installer?

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2015-03-26 16:36:11 »
This is from the 1.3 .exe, with the latest patches added.  :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2015-03-26 23:04:09 »
This is a goddamn mystery. Maybe someone is sneaking in through my window at night and reverting changes secretly. It's an easy fix to make, it's just that I could have sworn I'd done it already. I'll double-check it for the next patch; it's a soft-lock, so rule is that'll be going up tonight.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2015-03-27 17:07:42 »
Hey chief! Little notes:
1.The weaponsmith soft locks the game if you talk about Ultima Weapon and then say 'Not now' (I didn't have the materials, anyway)
2.With Tifa as party leader in the Temple of the Ancients New Threat sidequest, she calls "someone" by their default name rather than the player-inputted name in the dialogue before the battle. (Trying to avoid spoilers just in case!)
Cheers.
3.I'm also getting a soft lock in the battle for Cloud's ultimate limit with the skill 'Moogle Power'. I'm not sure if me having counter attack interrupting the 4xCut is messing something up.
« Last Edit: 2015-03-27 19:28:33 by Gatchaman »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2015-03-27 22:49:23 »
Cheers for the info, I'll add those fixes in.