Author Topic: PS3 Emulator  (Read 21930 times)

HackMaster

PS3 Emulator
« on: 2010-11-07 03:33:09 »
Hey Guys I'm looking for a PS3 emulator that will run smoothly preferably on a mac.  I want to run this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ (PS3 version of FF7)!

So, all I need is a link download to the PS3 emulator for mac and the PS3 version of FF7 ROM. Thanks! ;D ;D

HackMaster

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Emulator
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-07 03:50:15 »
So you want an emulator that doesn't exist, to run a tech demo that the general public doesn't have access to showing off a remake which hasn't been made, and you're also asking for an illegal download.

Bloody brilliant, you.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-07 03:53:37 »
he actually thought all these things are real?... what did he read a bad wikipedia post or somethin? :P

these don't exist, rules against illegal downloads, a remake of FF7 will take many years and will be well known before it comes out. in other words, you've... been excramented  8)

if you wanna play a decent "remake" of FF7, just buy a legal copy of FF7 PC version, wait until T.A. releases all there stuff, then play it.

HackMaster

« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-07 04:00:10 »
I own FF7 for px1 but I wanted to play the one in the youtube video I posted. I know ps3 emulators exist because I found a bunch on isohunt (http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=ps3+emulator) but I downloaded a couple and they don't work   :-\.  I'm just trying to find one that works. Any ideas? How long would it take to program a ps3 emulator (the same quality as ZSNES but for ps3)? I'm starting to learn a bit of C++ and it might be a good project.

HackMaster

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-07 04:15:27 »
I own FF7 for px1 but I wanted to play the one in the youtube video I posted. I know ps3 emulators exist because I found a bunch on isohunt (http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=ps3+emulator) but I downloaded a couple and they don't work   :-\.  I'm just trying to find one that works. Any ideas? How long would it take to program a ps3 emulator (the same quality as ZSNES but for ps3)? I'm starting to learn a bit of C++ and it might be a good project.

HackMaster

that was simply a tech demo designed to show the full ability of PS3 were they to make a final fantasy 7 remake, and please don't trust torrents, we don't really allow them here and besides i mean it when i say there are no ps3 emulators, thoughs torrents likely contain numerous virus's. the problem with programming a ps3 emulator is that no one quite understands how to get one going as the full programming of the PS3 has yet to be understood. there really is no point anyway as very few computers would play the ps3 games without some decently bad lagging (or at least mine wouldn't be able to).

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-07 04:47:51 »
Thoretically, you need a CPU running at 25 terraflops, in order to be able to emulate a PS3 at full speed...  I can't think of a single consumer-grade computer that can do this, can you?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-11-07 06:40:45 »
Some time decades from now.. maybe.  And that is only maybe.  The days of emulators springing up for new consoles is long gone.  The next generation consoles are too powerful to be played by everyday computers which are emulating them, and will be for some time. 

At least handhelds have a chance.

« Last Edit: 2010-11-07 06:43:05 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-11-07 06:49:35 »
Clearly a troll.   Although your typing doesn't really seem familiar...

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-11-07 09:20:33 »
Ugh, this is troll and not even a good one <_<

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-11-07 11:55:16 »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-11-07 13:02:57 »

Give us more images LKM! you can't reduce yourself to just one a post nowadays :3

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-11-07 14:21:04 »
Thoretically, you need a CPU running at 25 terraflops, in order to be able to emulate a PS3 at full speed...  I can't think of a single consumer-grade computer that can do this, can you?

Does the PS3 really run at that speed? wonder what the ghz to TFlop conversion is...

Anyway..

You violated numorous rules here man, Read before you post (assuming you're not about to be muted and or banned)

Secondly. If a 4.0ghz CPU can barely emulate a PS2 (well it can emulate perfectly 90% of the time) what makes you think that any PC today can emulate a PS3...?

And thirdly, Thats a tech demo... go look at the FF8 tech demo for the PS2... here i'll save you the trouble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYGvjUHKkg
Note the lack of a PS2 version of ff8...

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #12 on: 2010-11-07 16:00:49 »
Oh my, those first two posts ensured that I would have a great day.  Just imagine this dude sitting at his computer, "PS3 Emulator - Check, FFVII Remake for PS3 - Check, 25 terraflop CPU - Check.  Alrite I'm ready to play! Let's go!" 
*Computer throws up, then blows up*

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-11-07 16:06:42 »
Meh, he's not hurting anyone.   Plus I'm really curious what his next attempt will be.   Well unless of course sl or halkun decide to get rid of him...

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-11-07 16:46:03 »
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7219/0outof10.png

Give us more images LKM! you can't reduce yourself to just one a post nowadays :3

Where should I start?

Secondly. If a 4.0ghz CPU can barely emulate a PS2 (well it can emulate perfectly 90% of the time) what makes you think that any PC today can emulate a PS3...?

Almost any game can be run on an i5 @ 2.66 GHz with pcsx2. GTA is a notable exception.

Of course, the point still remains that PS3 emulation is still beyond the capabilities of consumer grade hardware and will be for some time.

Question (in case anyone who knows the answer is reading)

How long will it be before emulators are able to make use of more than two cores? I'm aware that pcsx2 can only make use of two ATM and that there are problems with multithreading emulators because sometimes one task will depend on another, but if we can take advantage of processors like the Gulftown, we'll have a major breakthrough.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-11-07 16:53:34 »
That depends on the emulator developers. In the case of PCSX2, it's because they would need to rewrite a significant chunk of their code from scratch with multithreading in mind. They've said repeatedly that they have no plans of doing this. Theoretically, it could be done today by a developer/team who was devoted enough to actually try.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-11-07 16:54:56 »
Question (in case anyone who knows the answer is reading)

How long will it be before emulators are able to make use of more than two cores? I'm aware that pcsx2 can only make use of two ATM and that there are problems with multithreading emulators because sometimes one task will depend on another, but if we can take advantage of processors like the Gulftown, we'll have a major breakthrough.

Throwing my hat in the fold I'd say we're probably going to have to wait until emulators for this gen start to come out.

I'd suggest it would be much harder to emulate a single threaded system in a multi threaded emu because the base software (game) expects things in sequence so the software would be coded that way.

Multithreaded software however would be threaded from the get go.

Should be noted that this is just an assumption without knowledge here.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-11-07 17:55:26 »

Does the PS3 really run at that speed? wonder what the ghz to TFlop conversion is...

No, the PS3 isn't that fast.  Generally speaking, for emulation, when you're going for accuracy (which I prefer over speed/playability), you should have a CPU 100x more powerful than the one you're looking to emulate.

The PS3 has a Cell Broadband Processor that has 8 cores, that theoretically, altogether can run at 256 gigaflops.  256 gigaflops x 100 = 25 terraflops, if my math is correct.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-11-07 18:45:23 »
I don't think it takes 100X Cpu does it?  Surely not.  pSX emulator does not need 100X cpu?

But it is more than enough to stop anyone being able to play PS3 emu.

HackMaster

« Reply #19 on: 2010-11-07 18:48:31 »

No, the PS3 isn't that fast.  Generally speaking, for emulation, when you're going for accuracy (which I prefer over speed/playability), you should have a CPU 100x more powerful than the one you're looking to emulate.

The PS3 has a Cell Broadband Processor that has 8 cores, that theoretically, altogether can run at 256 gigaflops.  256 gigaflops x 100 = 25 terraflops, if my math is correct.

Ugh. I guess I have to play the PS1 version for now. Sorry guys, I just figured that since there is a working Wii emulator that there would be working 360 and ps3 emulators as well... Here's a hypocritical question, though: What if someone privately made a FF7 remake similar to Chrono Resurrection quality and then anonymously released it to the internet? Would SquareEnix be able to do anything?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #20 on: 2010-11-07 18:55:34 »
Yes.  Although if someone did somehow manage to remain 100% anonymous then I guess they could avoid being sued.  This is highly unlikely though.  For one individual to manage such a feat is almost certainly impossible in this decade, and keeping an entire team anonymous would be practically impossible, although not technically impossible.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-11-07 19:46:19 »
I don't think it takes 100X Cpu does it?  Surely not.  pSX emulator does not need 100X cpu?

But it is more than enough to stop anyone being able to play PS3 emu.

As I said, for accuracy, it would, or at least that's what I was raised believing.  Playability and accuracy are two different beasts.
Here's a hypocritical question

Hypothetical.

lrn2english

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-11-07 20:40:50 »
stop feeding the troll.
[/participation in this thread]