Author Topic: Seriously, what?  (Read 31023 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously, what?
« Reply #75 on: 2009-10-07 04:39:23 »
Give Qhimm a break; I don't think this is quite what he signed up for at the start.  You think it's that easy to just appoint new mods?  Obviously not - it has yet to be done.
I think he really has no time, or patience, for this place anymore.   I think he wants this place to be what it once was... and that would be ideal.  It's just not going to happen.  This site has gotten too popular.  I think the best course of action is to appoint 2 more mods to help out halkun and, at minimum, keep this place from getting worse than it is now.

Like Jari said, places like /b/ have a lot of influence throughout the internet.  It would be a travesty to see these forums continue to succumb to it.

What is this /b/ that you speak of?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-10-07 05:00:34 »
Almost anything you have ever seen that has gone viral on the internet, originated there.  
Some is very funny, some is extremely dark and disturbing, and any and everything else in between.  No rules.  You want to tell a kid to kill himself? Go for it, then watch the news report about it the next day.

Have you ever seen the other 2 horrible matrix movies?  The matrix is like the internet... and /b/ is the architect.   AND the Oracle

And Neo!!!

EDIT
Link removed.. I'm pretty sure you already clicked it, and I'd rather not link anyone else there.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-07 05:21:31 by obesebear »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #77 on: 2009-10-10 17:08:16 »
I have a question, and forgive for bringing this person up but...
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5058
What happened to the majority of his posts?

Jari

« Reply #78 on: 2009-10-10 17:37:00 »
SaiNt and/or halkun killed them. :-D

I guess he/they weren't in a particular mood for discriminating. :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #79 on: 2009-10-10 17:38:34 »
Only said amount of posts stayed. I guess they found those most productive?

Jari

« Reply #80 on: 2009-10-10 17:40:30 »
I think they are merely topics started by him; at least that's what Herpes himself said.

It's due to the fact that it takes couple of more clicks to remove a topic than it does to remove a post. Plus, all the LULZ posted by other members would have disappeared as well, had the topics been deleted.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009-10-10 17:43:52 »
I think they are merely topics started by him; at least that's what Herpes himself said.

It's due to the fact that it takes couple of more clicks to remove a topic than it does to remove a post. Plus, all the LULZ posted by other members would have disappeared as well, had the topics been deleted.

Damn, I was going to say that :-P

And if you look at his post history, all the the remaining ones are the topic initial posts. Apart from deleting lulz, deleting his threads would presumably have meant deleting good work by other people as well.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #82 on: 2009-10-10 18:05:00 »
What ever happened to Xelane?  :-o

Jari

« Reply #83 on: 2009-10-10 18:09:46 »
Nothing?

He visits occasionally, but does not post.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009-10-11 04:19:45 »
I Come here from time to time to check out recent happenings

The whole hermoor ordeal seemed like something I didn't want to get involved with because I need to learn to keep myself in check as it is.

But yeah, i do come and check out the site every so often

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-10-12 10:21:55 »
I just checked "Who's Online".  One of the guests is printing this topic right now.  Why!?

Jari

« Reply #86 on: 2009-10-12 10:35:05 »
Are the words I type somehow invisible? How many times must people ask about the same thing?

It's the crawlers. They index the threads. For search engines. Sometimes they prefer the print-version as it's lighter and contains less formatting.

Half a dozen times of explaining that - to no apparent effect is starting to be enough; next person to ask this highly observant - and never, ever answered question - not to mention in a thread that has no fucking relation to the issue at all, does so at his or her own risk.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #87 on: 2009-10-13 04:55:01 »
Are the words I type somehow invisible? How many times must people ask about the same thing?

It's the crawlers. They index the threads. For search engines. Sometimes they prefer the print-version as it's lighter and contains less formatting.

Half a dozen times of explaining that - to no apparent effect is starting to be enough; next person to ask this highly observant - and never, ever answered question - not to mention in a thread that has no f***ing relation to the issue at all, does so at his or her own risk.
I think he knew that Ammo, he was just joking I assume.