Author Topic: Limit Brake - A gameplay overhaul  (Read 1837 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Limit Brake - A gameplay overhaul
« on: 2019-05-04 19:58:46 »
I just have to write down my ideas on how to re-balance the game without to break the actual feeling of it. The main part of my idea is to work out a MP charge system. With this system you will generate MP over time in battle. The materia will have an heavy impact to said system, be its generation speed, max MP or start MP.
I had this idea long time ago but didn't thought that it is feasible but with the development of Sister Ray I think it could be done. I will write down in future what I think this mod needs like a rework of the limit system or making a few characters more special. Red XIII as example won't be able to use materia but I would lock enemyskills on him (and only him) so he would come with his own system. Though I'm unsure of how I deal with Cait Sith, because he doesn't really fit into my explanation of the new MP system (stress will activate it but he's a robot) so either I write him out and replace him (lots of options) or he gets his own system as Red.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Limit Brake - A gameplay overhaul
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-04 20:15:13 »
For the MP Regen, add this to the character AI post-action:

12 2060
12 4140
02 2060
02 4140
60 01

Adds 1 MP per 'tick' (adjust the 60 01 for higher rate). This can exceed MaxMP and even the 999 limit. If you want character to start with 0MP then you could set the MP arcs in kernel to be minimum (10MP). To stop regen past 999 (or higher) then add an if check to that above AI script that stops the regen if character's current MP == 999.