Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421631 times)

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #275 on: 2012-10-18 20:56:46 »
He's only talking about my FF7DISC1 ISO that a created with a blank text document. It's linked to Mediafire in the page 1 Tutorial.
Ah, ok. My bad.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2012-10-18 21:06:02 »
I'm working on creating a ff7disc1.vhd image to use when converting from the new FF7 to the old one.
Win7 can mount .vhd images from the command line.
I'm hoping to automate the process of mounting the image and running the converted FF7.

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2012-10-21 17:49:30 »
Any suggestions for me to get that pesky custom driver recognized properly?

So far so good. This is how it looks in my Nvidia Control Panel. Doesn't seem like I am able to override it somehow... :/
Tried opening FF7 afterwards and still same results.

nvidia_settings

Edit: Any good advice as to what I should try next in my (seemingly) everlasting troubleshooting attempts to make it work? :)

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2012-10-22 00:13:05 »
Hi JeX

APP file:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0
INFO: GDI software renderer detected
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Subtractive blending not supported
INFO: No swap_control extension, cannot control framerate
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 1024x1024
INFO: Number of texture units: 1
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: No NPOT texture support
ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled

As long as this is in your the app.log you will have no luck.
Perhaps that helps to install a graphics card driver from NVIDIA?

Greeting Kompass63

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2012-10-22 00:34:24 »
Hi Kompass63.
Thanks for your reply. As already stated on page 11, I am unfortunately very well aware of this and has certainly been running the latest Nvidia drivers from the get go. Also shown in the screenshot in my previous post is a screenshot of the Nvidia control panel, and I have also set the custom driver to custom rather than the software renderer.

On the first run of the game immediately after install, the game actually ran with the custom driver but on further launches no such luck though...

My question so far is how to make FF7 or the Nvidia Control Panel realize that it should be using the custom + Nvidia driver?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2012-10-22 00:38:40 »
I just reread.
The 13" Macbook Pro only has a "Intel HD Graphics 4000" ???

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (alle 13" und 15" Konfigurationen)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M mit 512 MB GDDR5 Arbeitsspeicher (15" Konfiguration mit 2,3 GHz)
oder NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M mit 1 GB GDDR5 Arbeitsspeicher (15" Konfiguration mit 2,6 GHz)

On some PCs, there is an option in the BIOS, which graphics card to use first.
But I know nothing about Macbooks ...
« Last Edit: 2012-10-22 00:49:28 by Kompass63 »

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2012-10-22 17:03:48 »
The 2010 MBP 13" has a sole Nvidia 320M, and unfortunately no BIOS to boot into  :-(

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2012-10-22 23:30:22 »
Hi JeX

The 2010 MBP 13" has a sole Nvidia 320M, and unfortunately no BIOS to boot into  :-(

I'm sorry, I had entered the wrong year (2012 instead of 2010 :))

The whole thing seems to be a particular problem with MacBooks.
Best you turn to the Apple support and ask for OpenGL 2.0
I can not help you unfortunately.

Greeting Kompass63

JeX

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2012-10-23 13:17:54 »
Ok thanks, that's good to know. I will try and find more specific solutions for this and get back then.

Jasong2004

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2012-10-24 17:13:18 »
Jex I'm still trying to successfully get everything running but the INFO: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic 1.1.0 only shows up in my app log when I run FF7.exe in compatibility mode for win 95/98 256 colors blah blah blah. If you tried the "safe" setting in bootloader then all that stuff is set up.  It you have to switch it back manually.

Erebus671

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2012-10-28 03:16:38 »
I know this is off topic, but the control scheme doesn't seem to be the same as in the new (2012) version.  Where can I find the new control scheme?  Also I've tried just about every key on the keyboard but nothing seems to be working...  Please help...

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2012-10-28 03:39:24 »
You can find the keyboard control layout in the game folder.
.\Original_Readmes_Bootleg\Final_Fantasy_7_PC_Stock_Controls.jpg

Erebus671

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2012-10-28 04:56:56 »
You can find the keyboard control layout in the game folder.
.\Original_Readmes_Bootleg\Final_Fantasy_7_PC_Stock_Controls.jpg

Thanks, I figured out most of them myself once I tried to use the numpad and the main menu started responding, but I just couldn't figure out the "switch" control.  I tend o think in PS1 controls (S,C,T,X etc...), so I was looking for the Square equivalent, I found the the Menu key (Triangle equivalent) works in the same way in battle.  :)  I need to get a PS1 Controller, well the PC equivalent to that, and figure out how to use it with the game.  Haha!  :)

If someone could point me in the right direction to that controller, that would be nice!  :)

Yuffiestar

« Reply #288 on: 2012-10-29 02:52:07 »
Hello. First of all I just wanted to say thank you SO much!! These mods are amazing and your tutorials and forums were very helpful. I am a complete moron when it comes to computers but I was able to follow this one without too much trouble and my game is now up and running great! I did have a couple of questions though and I ran into a few minor problems which may be glitches or I may have just messed up somewhere in the process.

I have the 2012 version of the game that I downloaded from Square's website and ran the converter on. After downloading/installing/configuring everything, I had a few problems the first time I started the game. The Eidos logo at the beginning only takes up the top 1/3 or so of the screen, and I also can't open that movie from the FF7/movies folder like I can all of the others. It tells me that the file is corrupt and can't be opened. It will actually play in the game, it just doesn't take up the whole screen(I am running in full screen with the resolutions set as recommended in the tutorial). Everything after this looks perfect though. I also had no sound at all on either of the two logo movies, or through the opening cinematic. After the intro, the bombing run music will start up like it should and all of the other music so far has played fine, but there are no sound effects at all. I did run the sound and music tests in FF7config and they were fine. I had checked 'New Sound FX' in Bootleg under game and I figured this was what was causing the problem. So I deleted everything per the instructions in the tutorial and did a clean reinstall.

I had the exact same problems with the second install where I did not check Nw Sound FX. This time, I went into FF7config and changed the output device from my headset to my speakers and no I suddenly have sound. Any idea on why the sound won't work with my headset? All of the settings for it look fine in my computer itself, I'm stumped as to why that would be. I still have the problem with the Eidos logo after the reinstall too. Also, (very very minor issue) at the end of every battle, the bottom half of the screen will go black right before it fades to the EXP screen. Is this another glitch, or is this intentional?

My last question is pretty embarrassing. :(  I'm assuming that I have the game installed in the right place since it's working, but I'd rather be sure. I installed my game to C:/games/FF7 like the tutorial said, but the game automatically put itself in a folder after that. So the game itself is in C:/games/FF7/FINAL FANTASY VII, but Kranmer's in the games/FF7 folder and Bootlegger and all of the mods are in Games/FF7Mods. Is this correct? 

hotshotennis

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2012-10-29 23:15:31 »
Hello, I went through the bootleg in its entirety after downloading the whole package of mods.  Everything seems to work great except for one small detail: cloud battle model. It doesn't seem like it changed from the original PC version. Anyone else having this issue or know what could be wrong? Let me know if you need further information.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #290 on: 2012-10-30 04:45:40 »
Which battle model are you wanting to install?

The current version of the ulgp tool has some bugs that cause model parts to go missing. It's been reported here enough to assume this is your issue. It should be fixed for the Bootleg 0040 release.

Until then, there are methods to manually install your models. Do you want help learning how to do that?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-30 04:47:18 by EQ2Alyza »

hotshotennis

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2012-10-30 08:21:02 »
I haven't played through the game much, but so far everything seems to be intact. Its not that the cloud model is in any way corrupted, its just seems like there was no change. I wanted to install the Hi-Res classic or the AC Remix along with the Millenia swords. If the manual mod isn't too terribly difficult to do and you don't mind telling me how to do it, that would be great. Generally speaking, I'm extremely grateful for all of the mods that I was able to install as it is, and this is just a minor detail. To all of those who have worked on this: Great job! Everything looks amazing! This is what Square should have done a long time ago.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2012-10-30 09:14:46 »
Hi, I really would like to see what your current cloud model look like right now..
If you want the cloud on the remix version you can download the new one here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13476.0
I also made a revision here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.0

The current bootleg lacks the latest models so you might want to check the graphics section for the newly added custom models.

This will require manual installation though..
a quick run, manual install is
1. Locate and unpack the battle.lgp file(it is located in your data folder in the ff7 directory)(Unpacking/extracting the lgp file will make use of tools like LGP/UnLGP and other tools)

2. Copy the files you downloaded to the unpacked battle lgp

3. Repack the battle lgp then return or copy it again on the Data/battle folder , your done.

It's not hard but a little more complex procedure, also you will need to download other tools for it, It has been discussed a lot I believe and some models you download comes with installation instructions. If you cant follow those steps EQ2Alyza might help you but I suggest you do some searching on your own first.. Sorry I'm not very good at explaining things and I have no idea how much you know about modding ;D ;D

hotshotennis

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2012-10-31 04:00:47 »
I am pretty much a complete newbie to modding... I was able to follow the exact steps with the instructions listed on this very page, with almost %100 accuracy (besides the cloud model/his weapons).
How would I be able to post an in game screenshot of him?
He pretty much looks exactly like the original(I'm 90% sure...) and his weapon definitely hasn't changed. But compared to Barret, his detail level is very low.

I should be able to follow along with your instructions, but what do you mean by "you might have to install more tools"? Is it another program or more mods?

Also, I really like that second model of him that you linked. Looks very good to me, I'd be more that happy to be able to get that to work.

Hopefully in the future I will be able to create some mods of my own. Unfortunately, right now, I'm way too busy with college classes to give it the time and attention it deserves.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2012-10-31 04:12:55 »
Bootleg .040 is undergoing final testing.
If everything goes well, it should be online before your bag of candy is empty.
PM me if you want to help with beta testing.

hotshotennis

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2012-10-31 06:52:29 »
Okay, great! I thought I saw somewhere that you guys were going to release bootleg 0040 soon... When that comes out, do I just replace the 0039 version that I have now with it and redo the whole thing? Cause I played a little bit further through the game, and it looks like both Aerith and Tifa remain as the original 1997 models... I'm guessing that none of the in battle characters changed besides Barrett. It would be nice to have the complete set...

PS. I'm not quite sure how to PM you (totally new to this forum, still trying to get the hang of it). But if there is some way that I can help, let me know and I'll do my best. (Just keep in mind that I'm still a newb at this and someone else might be a bit better suited than me for certain tasks)  :)
« Last Edit: 2012-10-31 06:55:40 by hotshotennis »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #296 on: 2012-10-31 09:18:13 »
youll be able to pm after 5 posts in threads you got one more to go.

you maybe be able to rerun bootleg in some cases for models and such but models are about it. if you change anything else then you have to backup your saves, uninstall ff7, delete the ff7 folder, restart, reinstall everything

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2012-10-31 16:03:06 »
How would I be able to post an in game screenshot of him?

You can get screenshots by pressing CTRL + Prtsc button. then open paint or any image editing software then click paste, I'm not sure if there are other easier method, I always this one since you can get screenshots of anything showing in your desktop.

I should be able to follow along with your instructions, but what do you mean by "you might have to install more tools"? Is it another program or more mods?

To be specific you will need tools to extract and repack the files to install the custom model mods.. other tools like kimera and pcreator will be needed for installation of other mods. But most you'll only need an LGP extracting tool.

spike123

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2012-11-04 17:24:39 »
i have a problem  when i go to game it runs fine but it has no music after the opening scene e already removed the # and nothing and switch the path on FF7.MUSIC.INIR  and nothing too and I can't select configure on ff7music   pls help thx   

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #299 on: 2012-11-04 17:34:30 »
What do you mean that you can't click Configure in FF7Music? If you can, post a screenshot of what you mean.