Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838754 times)

Webbhead08

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5750 on: 2017-08-02 05:22:35 »
Is PowerSoul Keeper on Trine crack ? Am I missing something or is this not meant to be fought upon first encounter?  :x

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: 2017-08-02 06:47:38 »
Ok, I think I may have encountered another Zeigfried issue (am in Junon). He summons Odin as he's supposed to, but it targets the party instead of Zeigfried. The reason I bring this up is because his dialogue text (after summoning Odin) then talks about how he's now a spooky ghost, before then (finally) admitting defeat. Only issue is that the player party just got killed by Odin. So either the targetting is off there with Odin's attack, or the dialogue needs changed.

EDIT; Also, it seems I figured out how to replicate the Zeigfried having no MP issue/glitch I had brought up before. Basically, anytime you fight Zeigfriend, regardless of whether you win or lose, and then you quit the game without saving? The next time you start the game and Zeigfried shows up, he lacks MP.

This just happened to me after I had shut down the game to report the Odin-targetting issue I had spotted.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 08:34:40 by Robo Jesus »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: 2017-08-02 09:44:57 »
No Condor NPC in Junon ? I know it's not far away but I'm pretty sure there was one in 1.4. I might be wrong though.

Edit : He only appears after getting Shiva materia, so he is available only for the third battle and not the second (as there is a battle before getting Shiva but after resting)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 10:01:28 by aquecoucou »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: 2017-08-02 10:04:35 »
No Condor NPC in Junon ? I know it's not far away but I'm pretty sure there was one in 1.4. I might be wrong though.

Edit : He only appears after getting Shiva materia, so he is available only for the third battle and not the second (as there is a battle before getting Shiva but after resting)

It maybe my bad as some websites mention the second battle being before getting Shiva materia and some before getting in water (which means you can get Shiva without missing the second battle). I'm not sure anymore.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: 2017-08-02 12:01:43 »
Also, I have a small request if it is at all possible.  Could we get a save point in Costa Del Sol for Rank up's and such? After fighting Jenova, we don't have another one till Mt. Corel I think.
This was my next guess since I used someone with a long range weapon to do so. I had a 50/50 shot of being correct

I can add a save point there, expect to see it next patch.

Yeah I mean its not 'problematic' but given the big fight, and that your chars might top out at 255 SP if they aren't already, it would be a nice quality of life convenience to be able to make the adjustments and/or spend the points.

Bowser you using seal+added effect on wep or cast ? 

Edit: How to get back to Fort Condor after Cosmo Canyon events, without going the long way? Can't find the guy...

He should appear during the scene when opening the Cave of the Gi with Bugenhagen, after which he'll either be hanging around just outside the entrance to it or down at the bottom (can't remember which).

Description for Ramuh reads 'Bolt summon' and nothing else, should also have paralysis in description ?

It did originally, but it was misleading in that combining Ramuh Materia with Added Effect does not give protection against paralysis; there's no flags for some of the statuses (maybe a space issue).

Out of curiosity, is the enemy model for "Bludown" in the Junon Area supposed to be partially transparent?

No, I'll check it out.

Is PowerSoul Keeper on Trine crack ? Am I missing something or is this not meant to be fought upon first encounter?  :x

I added Trine to it last minute and tuned its Magic stat down; is it hitting too hard and/or spamming it? I think he's set to use it once when reaching a certain increment of HP, I'll check out the boss and see what's wrong.

Ok, I think I may have encountered another Zeigfried issue (am in Junon). He summons Odin as he's supposed to, but it targets the party instead of Zeigfried. The reason I bring this up is because his dialogue text (after summoning Odin) then talks about how he's now a spooky ghost, before then (finally) admitting defeat. Only issue is that the player party just got killed by Odin. So either the targetting is off there with Odin's attack, or the dialogue needs changed.

EDIT; Also, it seems I figured out how to replicate the Zeigfried having no MP issue/glitch I had brought up before. Basically, anytime you fight Zeigfriend, regardless of whether you win or lose, and then you quit the game without saving? The next time you start the game and Zeigfried shows up, he lacks MP.

This just happened to me after I had shut down the game to report the Odin-targetting issue I had spotted.

It's probably a targeting issue, Summons are usually set to target only the enemy row but when I redid the kernel I probably forgot to set this. I'll check the fight and repair it.

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: 2017-08-02 13:02:14 »
Some later characters get free ranks so they can catch up to earlier characters. Aeris has probably ran afoul of her handler check to see if she is alive or not, I'll prob need to reverse the var check on it.
I'm at north crater now and still no possibility to rank up Aeris. It seems her death didn't help.

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: 2017-08-02 14:00:38 »
Is it normal that in Corel Prison, the body that contain X-ATM Scorpion is not here in Arrange type ?

Edit : And you can't cure obscurity with echo drops against Dyne
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 14:13:06 by Konichu »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: 2017-08-02 14:15:32 »
I'm at north crater now and still no possibility to rank up Aeris. It seems her death didn't help.

Sounds like she's slacking off.

Is it normal that in Corel Prison, the body that contain X-ATM Scorpion is not here in Arrange type ?

Edit : And you can't cure obscurity with echo drops against Dyne

The Scorpion was moved elsewhere on both modes so don't worry about that. Make sure to update the game with the new hotfix patches and/or use the new IRO to fix Echo Drops (and other issues).

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: 2017-08-02 14:29:17 »
I did update the game with the last patch :/
And okay cool !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: 2017-08-02 15:10:33 »
New set of patches up:

X) Ziegfried MP & Odin targeting

X) Costa save point

X) Aeris rank trigger fixed

X) Keeper Trine fixed

X) Separated gunners (arrange)

X) Fixed char names for SP system (pre-Kalm only; non-essential)

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: 2017-08-02 15:36:06 »
New set of patches up:

X) Ziegfried MP & Odin targeting

X) Costa save point

X) Aeris rank trigger fixed

X) Keeper Trine fixed

X) Separated gunners (arrange)

X) Fixed char names for SP system (pre-Kalm only; non-essential)
Thanks, it's working perfectly now.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: 2017-08-02 16:28:29 »
Quick question I'll put in spoilers:

EDIT:

Spoiler: show
Is the Rufus and & Light Nation working as intended on Arranged? IE: Rufus(A human) absorbing Poison, and Light Nation seemingly being invulnerable(Didn't test this one a ton). Also, did Barbariccia heal before the fights in IV, cause she did in Arranged. I've honestly forgotten.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 17:11:27 by MoCheese »

Konichu

• View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: 2017-08-02 17:18:04 »
The first time I played this mod, I really got suprised and laughed so much at this moment :

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: 2017-08-02 18:06:55 »
Quick question I'll put in spoilers:

EDIT:

Is the Rufus and & Light Nation working as intended on Arranged? IE: Rufus(A human) absorbing Poison, and Light Nation seemingly being invulnerable(Didn't test this one a ton). Also, did Barbariccia heal before the fights in IV, cause she did in Arranged. I've honestly forgotten.

I think it is, but I'll double-check just to be sure. What I should probably do is have more of a cue that he's gained immunity, like having Nation cast something on him and himself.

Rubicante GT heals you at the start of the fight, Barbariccia GT isn't as fussed :3

The first time I played this mod, I really got suprised and laughed so much at this moment :

Spoilers be everywhere.

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: 2017-08-02 18:08:37 »
I completely forgot about the Odin targeting issue with Ziegfried. Tifa just got back up because of Grit, so I was like "huh, I guess you need Tifa for this version of Ziegfried," hahaha.

Cue a ton of :| emotes as Tifa proceeded to wail on all his 8000 something hit points.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 18:10:43 by Bowser9 »

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: 2017-08-02 18:44:38 »
I think it is, but I'll double-check just to be sure. What I should probably do is have more of a cue that he's gained immunity, like having Nation cast something on him and himself.

Rubicante GT heals you at the start of the fight, Barbariccia GT isn't as fussed :3

That'd be fine, because it wasn't indicated in any way and I wasn't sure. Also, Barbie did seem to be fussed because she healed just like Rubi did and does. It wasn't a full heal mind you and if memory serves Rubi gave everyone a full recovery? Barbie GT just hit them and they healed 150 - 300 or something close to that. Beneficial if intended, cause that fight is ROUGH.

Also, during the flashback, the piano keys don't work if you "Jam on it", then "I forgot" regarding the keys. The only button that does work is "Start", which gets you off the piano. If you click "I remember" all the keys worked.

EDIT: I seem to have a penchant for finding closets or toilets that you can become stuck in. In Kalm, in the second house on the left, the one with the old man and the dog that you can free from the closet. Well you can get stuck in there forcing a reset.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 19:20:09 by MoCheese »

GeoFlare

• View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: 2017-08-02 18:53:03 »
I can confirm that it seems this patch has made the echo drops broken again (they stopped curing darkness). I double checked the patches to confirm that.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: 2017-08-02 19:32:27 »
Hey Sega Chief! Been following this mod for months and am very excited to be re-living my experience playing FF7 with this mod. It adds a whole new level of challenge and mystery to the game. I also really love your re-translation with certain parts, I've always had an issue with some of the, let's say, wonkiness with the original translation, and your version makes a lot more sense pacing-wise and character-wise. So cool.

A few things I noticed on a fresh playthrough, not sure if they are bugs, but I figured I'd point them out anyway.

- Where is the Morph materia? I read that with this mod it's supposed to be in Aerith's garden, but I couldn't find it. It wasn't where it usually is in the Ancient Temple, either. There's a good chance I'm blind and just missed it, but can you confirm where I'm supposed to find it so I can make sure I don't miss it?

- Is the Gold Saucer supposed to have different music playing in every section? Also, I noticed some weird music cues in general, but they might be the music mod I'm using and not New Threat. Nothing major, just little things. Like the mako reactor in Mt. Nibel still playing the Mako Reactor music even after you leave until you get in a fight.

- So I chose the "Wake Up" option during the Aerith death scene, and I assume that's the option you choose if you want to play the rest of the game without Aerith like originally intended. But she's still here as a party option. Am I still supposed to be able to use her? Will this effect the rest of the game's dialogue if I user her? I wanted the storyline to progress as though she died, will that still happen even though she's a party option?

- Right before you ride on Mr. Dolphin and hand Barret your PHS, the message you get says "For Condor blah blah blah" instead of "PHS temporarily removed".

- If you totally ignore Fort Condor and never go there, do you still get the "For Condor battle available" messages or does that happen regardless?

- lol, seaman :P

- I beat the powersoul keeper even with it spamming Trine. Gave Tifa the Bolt Ring and just waited him out til he drained is MP, then revived the whole party. He still took everyone out except Vincent, who was in Death Gigas mode, so I was like, damn, this fight is impossible. Then Vincent kills him on the last possible turn he could have had. Friggin' awesome. Then I come here and see you patched the powersoul keeper to not spam Trine so much, but I beat him by a hair pre-patch and it was one of the best fights I've ever had in a final fantasy game. Just thought you should know.

Finally, thank you so much for this very awesome mod. If I come across anymore possible bugs, pops, or glitches, as well as anything I think is awesome or amazing, I'll come back to this thread and let you know. Peace!

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: 2017-08-02 19:39:39 »

- Where is the Morph materia? I read that with this mod it's supposed to be in Aerith's garden, but I couldn't find it. It wasn't where it usually is in the Ancient Temple, either. There's a good chance I'm blind and just missed it, but can you confirm where I'm supposed to find it so I can make sure I don't miss it?

you've already missed it. it's in the garden. in the exact same spot the cover materia always was in. it's yellow. hard to see.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: 2017-08-02 20:14:52 »
you've already missed it. it's in the garden. in the exact same spot the cover materia always was in. it's yellow. hard to see.

Aw, dang. Yeah, it must've blended in with the flowers.

Guess I'll have to get the key to midgar and go back and get it in disc 2 :(

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: 2017-08-02 20:26:34 »
Another targetting issue. Morph is set to target enemies only. I bring this up as Morph is useful at times as a weak physical attack to knock confuse off of your characters. :shrugs:

RecklessPrudence

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: 2017-08-02 22:05:48 »
Another targetting issue. Morph is set to target enemies only. I bring this up as Morph is useful at times as a weak physical attack to knock confuse off of your characters. :shrugs:
*snrk* I'm sorry, all I can imagine is this:

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: 2017-08-02 23:27:09 »
That feel when you get sneak attack the 2nd time you bet on a chococo S rank race  :evil:

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: 2017-08-02 23:34:17 »
Just found a pretty big bug the first time you enter the gold saucer

You can save at the first point and PHS a 3rd party member in your team before you meet Caith Sith, causing the game to soft lock when meeting him.

edit: Well, good thing I had a backup because I saved after I had the 3 man party (was an accident couldn't leave PHS), tried kicking tifa out of the party with black chocobo save editor but still a extra party member seems to remain when talking to caith sith.

With no backup I might have just screwed my save file :O
« Last Edit: 2017-08-02 23:46:47 by Ethario »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: 2017-08-02 23:36:10 »
welcome to Beatdown City. Population: 0

http://imgur.com/a/3SfiG