Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] FF7Music Installer (1.51.13)(Discontinued, use Anxious Heart)  (Read 342952 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASE] FF7Music Installer
« Reply #75 on: 2010-11-15 00:21:50 »
I have not. It turns out, I have been too lazy to work on it. It really is only like twenty minutes of work, plus like two hours to upload it from my crappy internet connection.

When I have a new version, the first post will have a changelog so that you know it's been fixed. I guess I should get one up, if I want any chance of competing for those Forries.

Alright thanks, Any workaround that is simple to do? :-D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010-11-15 00:47:13 »
I have not. It turns out, I have been too lazy to work on it. It really is only like twenty minutes of work, plus like two hours to upload it from my crappy internet connection.

When I have a new version, the first post will have a changelog so that you know it's been fixed. I guess I should get one up, if I want any chance of competing for those Forries.

Alright thanks, Any workaround that is simple to do? :-D
all you have to do to have vgmstream loop properly, is include a plugins folder, with a plugin.ini that has:

Code: [Select]
[vgmstream plugin]
loop_forever=1

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010-11-15 01:05:45 »
I was going to say i did that already, but i forgot the s on plugins whoops. thanks :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010-12-03 20:43:57 »

SUP FOOLS!!! NEW VERSION OUT!!! 1.51.3!!! IF YOU DOWNLOAD THIS, VOTE FOR ME IN THE FORRIES!!!

I fixed looping for real this time, fixed the problem with quitting in XP, and made the installer more intelligent in how it handles ff7_opengl.cfg. Feel free to mirror this, just make sure to let me know so I can add a link in the first post.

Download: MEGAUPLOAD (UP-TO-DATE!) | MediaFire coming soon-ish

« Last Edit: 2010-12-03 21:02:47 by Covarr of the Year »

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010-12-07 11:10:44 »
When using FF7music, Aali's driver will stop the midi from playing right?
However in my case the midi doesn't stop playing.

Both MIDI and FF7music  are playing.
I even tried the Loopybe1.that didn't help at all.

Im using the latest Aali's Driver and FF7Music .
My OS is Windows 7 32 bit

I also tried this on a 64 bit windows 7 ,the same thing happened.

Also  if playing without FF7music,(i.e Playing normally just with 1.02 patch and Aaali's driver) i noticed that sometimes the midi(rather the sound) stopped completely.No SFX no BGM.
Usually after a FMV sequence.then after going to a new map the sound(SFX and BGM)  started playing again.(which up to this day is still haven't found any solution)
I'm just throwing that out to see if there's a connection between this problem and FF7 music not working properly.

I also tried reducing the BGM meter from ingame menu configuration.but when reducing the volume of BGM to zero the SFX disappeared depite the SFX meter being full....

i really did search through google and all qhimm.

the closest thing i found on qhimm:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8427.0%29

but the solution there is unclear and doent really help me much.
Chrysalis talked about the virtual midi app he tried.According to this forum:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/130791-final-fantasy-vii/44788427

i think he's talking about loopbe1.I tried that but Both MIDI and the FF7music still playing.

so i already tried everything i know of.....

hope someone can help.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-12-07 14:21:55 »

Use this --> http://www.mediafire.com/?youxb3ffocxdf7j

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010-12-07 16:03:43 »
If you have both MIDI and FF7Music working at the same time you're not using the driver. You should probably look into that first.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010-12-07 19:58:10 »
If you have both MIDI and FF7Music working at the same time you're not using the driver. You should probably look into that first.

how do i know if i'm actually using the driver?(well im assuming that it work because there's no problem playing ff7.no crashing whatsoever.other than the sound problem .though i might be wrong)

i've downloaded your driver and extract all the content  to where the ff7config is.

then after replacing files and whatnot i open the replaced ff7config and change setting to custom driver.

then it notified me that im ready to use the opengl.cfg.

then i install ff7music by the installer Covar provided.

it automatically add the music plugin line in opengl.cfg.

i make sure that there's no # before the music plugin line.

so where did i go wrong?

Use this --> http://www.mediafire.com/?youxb3ffocxdf7j

thanks for the help.that really help alot. i tried this on my windows 7 64 bit computer.
the result:only ff7music playing and no midi which is good.and there's sound fx to be heard which is good.
my only gripe is that sometimes there's a missing sound(missing sfx like in some scene)

for my another computer (windows 7 32 bit)i tried another solution.
and i manage to find another solution that help completely restore any missing sound that  i previously had.and play ff7music without playing the midi perfectly.

GOD DAMN that took a very long time but I finally figured it out. I hate Vista more than ever now.

I'll try and write a guide in case anyone has the same issues as me but I can't guarantee coherency. This is for Vista users who have done everything in Covarr's guide but still have two sets of music playing, the midi and the music you selected with FF7music. If you try to go into the game's config settings and lower the music volume, you also lose sound effect volume. Here is how to fix that.

1.) First, some house cleaning. This may not be a mandatory step. Go to your User directory. Right click inside somewhere, go to properties, and select show hidden files and folders. Next, go into your AppData folder (it will look like a ghost folder if you are able to show hidden files and folders). Find your VirtualStore folder somewhere in that director. I had to go through AppData > Local to find mine. Inside your Virtual Store folder, navigate to your Final Fantasy VII program folder as if you were navigating to it from your C:\ drive. Delete your SquareSoft, Inc or Final Fantasy VII folder (however you installed it, just get everything). If you were never able to find your Virtual Store folder or the Final Fantasy VII folder within it, great.
2.) Download Highwind. You can find that here: http://christian59.ch.funpic.de/html/highwind.htm
3.) Extract the contents of the Highwind download to a folder, doesn't really matter where. Desktop, user-created subfolder within FF7 directory, whatever. I would NOT recommend the root directory of FF7.
4.) Right click on Highwind.exe and go to Compatibility. Select Run As Administrator.
5.) Open Highwind.exe. Click on Open Archive and find midi.lgp by going to your FF7 directory then Data > Midi. Open it.
6.) Make sure Create Backup is checked.
7.) Click Remove until everything is, well, removed.
8.) Click Save Changes and close Highwind.
9.) On FF7 music, click Run FF7. Tada!

this was from one of Covarr's earlier ff7music thread.this really helped me alot too.

EDIT:though i still have no idea what was wrong with my computers.I mean Obesebear provided me with a novolumemidi.lgp
while dyserga use Highwind to remove all the song from midi.lgp...doesnt seem like much of a difference but dyserga's method turn out to be more effective with no missing sound(SFX) problem.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-07 20:01:59 by dahfa »

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010-12-08 00:23:36 »
how do i know if i'm actually using the driver?

An easy way to tell is to look at the game window title.
If it is called 'DEFAULT' then you are not using the driver, if it is called 'Final Fantasy VII' then the driver is working correctly.

dahfa

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-12-08 07:27:55 »
how do i know if i'm actually using the driver?

An easy way to tell is to look at the game window title.
If it is called 'DEFAULT' then you are not using the driver, if it is called 'Final Fantasy VII' then the driver is working correctly.

hey it says DEFAULT.

So what did i do wrong???that's weird...

EDIT:nevermind.i forgot to run ff7config as admin.
« Last Edit: 2010-12-08 08:48:38 by dahfa »

t9999clint

« Reply #85 on: 2010-12-13 22:44:18 »
Windows Vista and windows 7 are very strict with write permissions.
Basically you have to allow all users full access to the ff7 folder AND the ff7music folder. I have a tutorial of that here...
http://custompc.ca/news-n-jokes/install-ff7-on-win7/

Any ways, I updated my site to the new version of your installer Covarr. Add it up as a mirror.
http://custompc.tv/DOWNLOADS/ff7music_install_1513.exe

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010-12-13 23:06:23 »
Done and done! Thanks!

Zerro

« Reply #87 on: 2011-01-01 18:04:04 »
I must say, I was impressed this installer did so much work and actually worked the first time I used it.. however, when I rebooted, the .bat file needed a slight bit of editing.. for some.. reason. I don't know if this is a Win7 nitpick if you're changing directories to a different drive you must type the drive letter first THEN cd.

before:
start FF7Music.exe
ping localhost -n 2 > nul
CD e:\games\Final Fantasy VII
start /w ff7.exe"
taskkill /im FF7Music.exe

after:
start FF7Music.exe
ping localhost -n 2 > nul
e:
CD e:\games\Final Fantasy VII
start /w ff7.exe"
taskkill /im FF7Music.exe

This fixed my problem, and it works fine now. I also don't know if that quote after ff7.exe was there before I edited the file or not, oh well, it still works anyway. Hopefully you can find this post of some use to you.

I'd also like to say the new version of FF7 music {I used one a year or 2 ago} is absolutely spot on and is so much better than the old one I used. Now I have no reason to break out my playstation especially with the new openGL mod. Thanks so much for everything, FF7 mod community.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011-01-01 18:24:04 »
This is good to know, and I feel stupid for not thinking of it before since I'm familiar with some of the quirks of the command prompt. I'm not sure how I will implement such a feature since NSIS generates the batch file on-the-fly, but I think it can be done, and I will certainly look into it for the next version of the installer. I'm also thinking of allowing a custom install drive for FF7Music, not sure when I'll get around to it (I will never implement a custom directory, because the music MUST be in a path with no spaces, and giving the user that much control will inevitably lead to people having trouble with that).

Believe it or not, this is the exact same version of FF7Music you used a year ago; the program itself has not been updated in quite some time. All I've done is make an installer that does all the setup, since FF7Music is particularly picky about the way it needs to be set up, and to save the effort of gathering music for people who want to use one of the more common music collections. I can take no credit for the program itself.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011-01-02 20:34:55 »
After a recent format and reinstalling everything, now that I've gotten round to getting FF7music installed, is the progress bar in the installer supposed to be gong berserk at around the 15% mark?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011-01-02 20:40:14 »
It really shouldn't be, that I know of. NSIS progress bar, to the best of my knowledge, should just fill up from start to end.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011-01-02 21:06:14 »
Installed FF7 to the default location and it's all installing now.

buncorleone

« Reply #92 on: 2011-01-25 14:32:21 »
Just wanted to say thanks for this, got my recently reinstalled FF7 looking and sounding better in about a day thanks to this forum.

MADDOGG

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011-01-28 11:34:06 »
hope you don't mind me posting this but im gonna try and get a rock vesion of ff7 working as soon as soon as my pc is back to normal. 

heres some links i found on youtube. There not performed by me but you'll get the idea of what i mean.
enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmMa7wKxVpk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-TXvKiFR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQuLl7MhO_o&feature=related (guitar version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpxkRb2swU (drums version)   :-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_IH-o3xsNk
« Last Edit: 2011-02-02 09:35:02 by MADDOGG »

Yuoaman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011-02-18 03:31:38 »
Every time I open FF7Music Installer I get this error:

"ERROR: Cannot create device

Not connected 1
Not connected 2"

Any idea how this could be fixed?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011-02-18 16:16:38 »
When you open the installer? That's strange, that sounds like it's more likely to be a problem with FF7Music, as the installer itself doesn't use the sound card and has no reason to need to access it.

Unless you meant that you get that error AFTER installing, and the installed program won't work. What I'd suggest is makings sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card.

Yuoaman

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011-02-18 23:29:40 »
When you open the installer? That's strange, that sounds like it's more likely to be a problem with FF7Music, as the installer itself doesn't use the sound card and has no reason to need to access it.

Unless you meant that you get that error AFTER installing, and the installed program won't work. What I'd suggest is makings sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card.

Yeah, sorry, I mistyped the first time - that's the error I get after installing. I'll give updating my sound card's drivers a try.

Edited to add: I checked for new drivers and apparently my sound card is up to date, any other possibilities?
« Last Edit: 2011-02-19 02:18:33 by Yuoaman »

metastigmat

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011-02-19 14:33:39 »
ASIO output support? (I use VST ambiophonic sereoizer\Lawo AGC\State Digital FG\Refined Auudiometrics CLAS\VTAPe Saturator to make game music wider & clear)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011-02-19 22:31:20 »
FF7Music uses winamp plugins. If you've used my installer, you could try putting this in C:\FF7Music\ directory, but I can't guarantee it'll work; FF7Music can be picky about what plugins it accepts.

I'm not going to add this to the installer unless more people show interest. ASIO support isn't something the average player wants or needs. Furthermore, I should warn you that unless you have a separate audio device for sound effects, you're going to have trouble having both effects and music at the same time with this, because FF7 itself does not support any sound outside of directsound.

metastigmat

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011-02-20 14:22:42 »
I find a better way to listen FF7music with effects through ASIO - install ASIO4ALL - install Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) - install Art Technica Console - Install VST)))all works