Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 276394 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #225 on: 2013-01-19 16:54:00 »
In theory you can, but I'm not accountable for any glitches you will encounter ( and oh boy you will using save anywhere )
You download the trainer for the game and simply enable 'full menu options' ( Q+0 or Q+1 iirc ) and that lets you save anywhere.
Just make sure to never save in a room where an event just started and always go back one room at least.

I had completely forgotten about trainer. Thankfully I had that installed as well with bootleg so I don't have to reinstall, I appreciate it!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #226 on: 2013-01-19 17:22:04 »
I had completely forgotten about trainer. Thankfully I had that installed as well with bootleg so I don't have to reinstall, I appreciate it!

The trainer doesn't have to installed as it's a simple utility program. You can really just dl it and use it right away

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #227 on: 2013-03-06 07:09:09 »
I finally finished my playthrough with the Hardcore mod. I thought it started off fairly well, but eventually tapered off into something I wasn't quite looking for in the late game.

I'll need a small break first, and then I'll be giving this a shot to see how your AI scripts work.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #228 on: 2013-03-06 17:52:34 »
The AI is largely unchanged from Gjoes mod. The stats and attacks are different and so is the battle system.

RedXell

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] Nightmare 7, Beta Testers wanted
« Reply #229 on: 2013-03-07 10:17:47 »
Overhauled the Shinra mansion safe / combination AGAIN

Hello Tenko Kuugen!

Could you tell me the combination for the safe in the mansion?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #230 on: 2013-03-07 13:34:47 »
Please try to find it out on your own. It's supposed to be very difficult. If you absolutely cannot find out, I'll tell you via PM.

RedXell

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2013-03-07 14:00:08 »
Well, OK. I will try to find out. I created a sceondary safegame for the mansion. In my free time I will try some combination.

In that case I will ask you in three or four days again :D

Btw: Thank you very much for this great mod!! It's not boring anymore :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #232 on: 2013-03-19 21:50:22 »
updated flevel ( just a few bugfixes and included a credits readme )
usual place

MCMXCIX

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2013-06-24 07:01:21 »
So, what's up with this "time chest" business? I assume it's from this mod. I tried googling but couldn't find any info.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #234 on: 2013-07-04 23:28:12 »
context needed
time chest in what context? where did you come across the term or mechanic?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2013-07-05 02:13:33 »
Beginning of game, Seventh Heaven. "Chests will have different items depending on when you open them" or something like that. Right after closing the Materia tutorial before you gain control of Cloud again.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #236 on: 2013-07-06 14:54:08 »
Beginning of game, Seventh Heaven. "Chests will have different items depending on when you open them" or something like that. Right after closing the Materia tutorial before you gain control of Cloud again.

oh, thats basically a randomizer for chests that runs off the second count of the game time.
depending on the outcome, it varies what you get out of it.

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2013-07-12 03:16:08 »
Hello, first off I would like to say I am loving your mod. Great work and keep it up! I was unsure if I should PM this bug to you or post, but assumed you check both.

In the Sector 5 Slums the "wandering guy" asks you to pick up Bisnafitoral from the Wall Market. If you can complete the task, you can continue speaking to him and consequently keep receiving your reward item.

Quick edit: You can only do this before you leave Sector 5 after you obtain your reward. After that if you go back he is no longer wandering. I am no coder / modder, but I figure the more details I can provide, the better.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-12 03:29:39 by Iamjob »

thepsynergist

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2013-07-14 23:14:35 »
Hello.

I want to thank you in advance for all the wonderful mods you have compiled.  They're very awesome.

Now, to get to the point.  I've been playing with the Nightmare Overhaul conversion that I installed through your lists of mods.  They've been working great, until I get to the part of the game where I'm trying to escape from the reactor meltdown.  After you fight Shinra soldiers, and make your way back up through the elevator, I get stuck after talking to Jesse, and Cloud just moves downward without me pressing any buttons, and won't allow me to continue moving.  This allows the timer to reach 0 and I get a game over.  Is there any way to fix this issue?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2013-07-15 17:59:48 »
Hit start when you're stuck.

thepsynergist

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2013-07-15 18:01:36 »
What's supposed to happen when you press start at that point?  Because when I tried that, nothing happened; Cloud kept trying to walk into the wall...

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2013-07-15 18:09:08 »
In this mod (assuming you use the full flevel - I have no idea about the slim one) you get teleported back to a point in the map when pressing start.

thepsynergist

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2013-07-15 23:23:00 »
Yeah, after the elevator, that function doesn't work anymore...  Strangely, I can run through the first gate while its closed, but the second I talk to Jesse, she opens the door, Cloud moves slowly on his own (doesn't let you run), and he just walks into a wall, and I lose complete control of my character.

The only command that responds, is the menu button.

Any clues? 

P.S.: This is the version that came with the latest Bootleg install.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2013-07-16 00:21:14 »
I am fairly sure the version Bootleg has is up-to-date. Kuugen will know if there's something fishy in there, and probably fix it. Or just implement the start feature in each field.

« Reply #244 on: 2013-07-16 09:34:37 »
Been following the FFVII remake/tweaks/addons since the steam release. Like many I am sure, have finished FFVII numerous times (Love the game) however are looking for challenge. Hints why I am here on your Thread :D

I must say I do enjoy the added scenes (Controlable Aerith hiding Barrett's Daughter, shinra troops Kissing..., and other tid bits).

I have a few questions and concerns /bugs to report.

Bug First:
1. Finding the Hardedge by the weapon dealer in walmarket place, misses to always miss targets when used in combat. Don't know why, but basic attacks simply don't connect... =/

2. After the Sector 7 Plate falls, heading back to Aerith's church and walking into the room where you threw barrels down upon Shinra Soldiers is a glitch trap. The player will no longer be able to escape this area.

Questions:
1. How does your Mod run for? (Really up to only the end of disc 1?)

2. How do you gain more Limit Breaks? After leaving the shinra HQ, Cloud still is on "Jump Attack" (Braver) and still hasn't learnt Cross Slash... =/  Old play Throughs, I should almost have Lvl 2 Blade Beam Ulocked for the amount of kills and Limit Breaks Preformed.

3. While we are on Limit Breaks, Did you add any new LB (Limit Break) to your mod? Since you changed the names of the few I have seen (Clouds and Tifas). Could you provide a list of your LB and what they do please :)

Thanks for your Time in Advance!! I know the challenges of Modding myself (I create Minecraft Mods) and I am enjoying your 300+ hrs work. Keep it up!!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2013-07-16 14:15:38 »
Limit breaks were not added, but you now have access to X-3 limits (which is the first limit of the next level). You need 89 uses of Jump Attack to get Seal Slash (1-2), and 1230 kills to get Mako Beam (2-1) although you can also get it (1-3) with 201 uses of Seal Slash (1-2).

The Hard Edge issue will have to be addressed.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #246 on: 2013-07-16 15:04:27 »
Hello, first off I would like to say I am loving your mod. Great work and keep it up! I was unsure if I should PM this bug to you or post, but assumed you check both.

In the Sector 5 Slums the "wandering guy" asks you to pick up Bisnafitoral from the Wall Market. If you can complete the task, you can continue speaking to him and consequently keep receiving your reward item.

Quick edit: You can only do this before you leave Sector 5 after you obtain your reward. After that if you go back he is no longer wandering. I am no coder / modder, but I figure the more details I can provide, the better.

the wandering guy in the living quarter area of slums 5? in green clothes? what is the reward item?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #247 on: 2013-07-16 15:07:16 »
Yeah, after the elevator, that function doesn't work anymore...  Strangely, I can run through the first gate while its closed, but the second I talk to Jesse, she opens the door, Cloud moves slowly on his own (doesn't let you run), and he just walks into a wall, and I lose complete control of my character.

The only command that responds, is the menu button.

Any clues? 

P.S.: This is the version that came with the latest Bootleg install.

That's a pathing issue I kept forgetting to fix. In essence, you have to approach Jesse while standing 'below' ( as in, towards the bottom of the screen ) her. If you're too high and cloud tries to cut too sharp an angle through the door, he gets stuck.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #248 on: 2013-07-16 15:52:41 »
Been following the FFVII remake/tweaks/addons since the steam release. Like many I am sure, have finished FFVII numerous times (Love the game) however are looking for challenge. Hints why I am here on your Thread :D

I must say I do enjoy the added scenes (Controlable Aerith hiding Barrett's Daughter, shinra troops Kissing..., and other tid bits).

I have a few questions and concerns /bugs to report.

Bug First:
1. Finding the Hardedge by the weapon dealer in walmarket place, misses to always miss targets when used in combat. Don't know why, but basic attacks simply don't connect... =/

2. After the Sector 7 Plate falls, heading back to Aerith's church and walking into the room where you threw barrels down upon Shinra Soldiers is a glitch trap. The player will no longer be able to escape this area.

Questions:
1. How does your Mod run for? (Really up to only the end of disc 1?)

2. How do you gain more Limit Breaks? After leaving the shinra HQ, Cloud still is on "Jump Attack" (Braver) and still hasn't learnt Cross Slash... =/  Old play Throughs, I should almost have Lvl 2 Blade Beam Ulocked for the amount of kills and Limit Breaks Preformed.

3. While we are on Limit Breaks, Did you add any new LB (Limit Break) to your mod? Since you changed the names of the few I have seen (Clouds and Tifas). Could you provide a list of your LB and what they do please :)

Thanks for your Time in Advance!! I know the challenges of Modding myself (I create Minecraft Mods) and I am enjoying your 300+ hrs work. Keep it up!!

Bug 1:
I fixed this multiple times. Why in the world is this still happening? My kernel says there are no problems, unless the enemy is immune to the Cut element. is your kernel up to date?

Bug 2:
Players shouldn't even be able to go in there. I need to disable the gateway after the storypoint. I don't know why it still exists to begin with.

Q1:
It took a lot of time to balance things, fix bugs ( and still fixing bugs ) and so on. Right now it only extends to the end of CD1, yes. You can always keep saves of just before you leave midgard and end of CD1 for when I update this.

Q2:
Limits are vastly more powerful now and take a lot longer to get. Unless you grind a lot, you're not supposed to have level 3 limits before CD2. If you speedrun, you won't even get lvl 2 limits before CD2.

Q3:
Most have dramatically changed power, added effects or do something entirely different.

Cloud
Jump Attack: Single target, def ignoring null element attack with 8x base power ( i.e. no element, means no enemy can resist it ). Also breaks Shield status on enemy
Seal Slash: Single target, cut element, ignores status immunities, causes paralysis, double attack power
Mako Beam: 6x base power, cut element, otherwise same as before
Hellsplitter: 6x base power, 100% critical, ignores defense, cut element
Celestial Rain: 6 hits at 8x base power per hit, Hit element, targets only 1 enemy
Death Spiral: 100% death chance unless immune, Hit element, hits all enemies. If Immune to death, 15x base power hit on all
Omnislash: 15 hits at 8x base power, ignores defense, 100% critical, cut element

Barret
Mega Blast: 8x base attack, fire / shoot element
Erase Magic: 100% max MP damage, shoot element
Explosive Shot: 8x base attack, shoot element, hits all enemies
Impact: Single target 4x base attack, ignores defense, ignores status defense, 100% critical, causes paralysis 100%, punch element
LOIC: 8x Base attack, holy / shoot element, always critical, ignores defense
Maximum Rage: 2x base attack, shoot element, 18 hits, single target
Meltdown: Single target, 10 hits, 15x base attack, ignores def, 100% critical, shoot element, removes regen, haste, barrier, mbarrier, reflect, shield, berserk, peerless, deathforce and resist from enemies

Tifa ( Unless it says 'ignore STATUS defense, if the enemy is immune to the status, even 100% causing a status won't do anything )
Triple Hit: 100% slow, 2x base attack, 100% critical, ignores defense, punch element, random target
Upheel: 2.5x base attack, 100% confusion, 100% critical, ignores defense, Hit element, random target
Low Tide: 4x base attack, removes Reflect, 100% critical, ignores defense, hit element, random target
Megaton Throw: 4,5x base attack, 100% blind, 100% critical, ignores defense, hit element, random target
Tsunami: 6x base attack, 100% silence, 100% critical, ignores defense, punch element, random target
Hyper Impact: 8x base attack, removes barrier / mbarrier, ignores defense, 100% critical, punch element, random target
Lifestream Judgement: 15x base attack, 100% slow, ignores status defense, ignores defense, 100% critical, holy / punch element, random target

the others had their limits changed, too.

« Reply #249 on: 2013-07-17 12:09:16 »
Thank you for taking the time and answering those questions, really helped!