Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 278152 times)

Iamjob

• View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #250 on: 2013-08-08 14:49:35 »
the wandering guy in the living quarter area of slums 5? in green clothes? what is the reward item?

If my memory serves me correctly he gives you the Sexy Cologne and Steroids.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #251 on: 2013-08-08 18:42:43 »
Ok, should be fixed. not a major bug so it'll go live with the next version

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2013-08-10 17:27:27 »
Hello. I hate to ask this, as I know it is supposed to be A very difficult thing to do. But after hours upon hours of trying to decipher the Nibleheim safe combination, I have given up. Would you be kind enough to PM me the combination? I was going to ask via PM but my post count is not high enough. If you would prefer that I just keep trying on my own, that is fine.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2013-08-11 17:26:20 »
When I reach the world map for the first time, it does the usual "Save on the world map" thing, but it also says the full Nightmare overhaul ends here. Was that a leftover from an earlier version or does that mean the rest is not fully done yet?

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2013-08-11 21:13:32 »
I believe it just means the custom story portion of the mod hasn't progressed passed that part yet.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #255 on: 2013-08-12 02:15:54 »
When I reach the world map for the first time, it does the usual "Save on the world map" thing, but it also says the full Nightmare overhaul ends here. Was that a leftover from an earlier version or does that mean the rest is not fully done yet?

N7 original features ( scenes, hidden items, new story ) constitute the 'full' version where the difficulty scaling goes to the end of Disc 1. this includes changes to what items and materia you find and get as prizes in the gold saucer.
getting out of Midgar is no easy task btw, good job

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2013-08-12 05:54:44 »
Not gonna lie, I didn't actually got out of Midgar. I was messing with Otyugh and your mod was installed, so when I teleported to the world map that's what I saw.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #257 on: 2013-08-12 06:33:58 »
Your good job has been officially withdrawn.
Bad Vgr, BAD!

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #258 on: 2013-08-13 06:17:28 »
Your good job has been officially withdrawn.
Bad Vgr, BAD!

Ha!  Hilarious.  Also, making me want to try out Nightmare to earn my own official Good Job from Kuugen.  Damn my affliction of only being able to play through VII once every 6 months or so.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2013-08-15 22:13:24 »
getting out of Midgar is no easy task btw

You ain't kidding. I was so happy once I got through it. Then quite sad when it ended at Midgar. I even continued on to Kalm to see if it was a leftover or something but was heartbroken to find that it actually did end D=.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #260 on: 2013-08-16 06:37:16 »
Oh, the difficulty part extends to the end of CD1 and balancing it, changing the items everywhere and so on took quite a long time. New scenes and minigames end with midgar thoug
good to hear people actually feel accomplished getting through Midgar

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2013-08-16 21:00:39 »
Tenko?

At the first save point in the first reactor...  it says 10 hidden items, does that mean  there are 10 hidden items up until that save point? as in 10 items in reactor # 1 up until you fight guard scorpion? I only found 6 i think , maybe 7... 

im not asking where the items are...  i just dont want to leave reactor # 1 if im missing some hidden items since i cant come back so would you mind please telling me about this thank you very much.

also i have encountered the bug that causes the counter to reset for your hidden items # collected.
so the bug is true.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-17 00:34:43 by ZaruenKosai »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #262 on: 2013-08-17 04:53:19 »
there are 9 items before the save point and 1 after the save point.
what are the details of the bug? because that really shouldn't happen anymore.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2013-08-18 19:48:12 »
oh maybe i have the wrong version installed ? i have the version that came with tifas torrent for bootleg 0040

its the same one with the infinite megalixir in the room before the save point.

as for the bug..  maybe it has to do with either getting them out of order  .. like getting the 9th one first and the 1st one 9th..

or maybe it has to do with getting infinite megalixirs bug from the room before.. maybe those two bugs are relative?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #264 on: 2013-08-19 09:47:14 »
oh maybe i have the wrong version installed ? i have the version that came with tifas torrent for bootleg 0040

its the same one with the infinite megalixir in the room before the save point.

as for the bug..  maybe it has to do with either getting them out of order  .. like getting the 9th one first and the 1st one 9th..

or maybe it has to do with getting infinite megalixirs bug from the room before.. maybe those two bugs are relative?

i dont know what version the torrent comes with but thats not the latest version, more than likely.
And the out of order doesn't matter
the megalixir should use a different bit than the hidden items so I don't think they are correlated at all.

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2013-08-19 10:40:09 »
I have another bug to report, this one being a bit more serious. When fighting the Materia Keeper in Mt. Nibel caves, it gives a CTD anytime he uses a particular ability. I am pretty sure it's happening when he uses Gamma, as I've seen his other abilities cast with no CTD.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #266 on: 2013-08-19 11:24:57 »
hm, thats very weird. ( and obviously not supposed to happen )
I'll check this right away ( scene.bin fixes are easy to do )

do you have any other mods installed? becuase other than the name, Gamma uses the exact same data as the vanilla Trine
do you have any other gameplay mods installed?
To narrow this down, try saving before him, make a backup of your scene.bin ( in ff7->data->battle )(scene.bin.backup) and then put the vanilla scene.bin there and see if it still crashes.
what attacks specifically have you seen that do NOT crash?
also, do you have the latest core files? ( see page 1  of this thread )
« Last Edit: 2013-08-19 11:31:57 by Tenko Kuugen »

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2013-08-19 21:53:29 »
No other mods, gameplay or other have been installed. Just the pre-requisites for Nightmare to function correctly. I have seen Big Horn, Hell combo and his "auto-attack" All without crashing. I just assumed it was Gamma causing it as I remember most times he casts it very early in the fight, and I can't fight more than 2 minutes before a crash. I do have the latest available core files. I will try to replace scene with vanilla and see what happens.

*Edit: Seems there is no crash when using the original scene.bin
« Last Edit: 2013-08-19 22:11:48 by Iamjob »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #268 on: 2013-08-20 11:01:41 »
thats odd. I have an idea what might cause it though

edit: hmmmm its not the main AI
there goes my idea
its weird because I played through that battle just fine.
he also has Cure 2 ( in vanilla ) and cure 3 in N7 but it would be weird if thats the crash... he generally casts cure before gamma and the attack IDs are correct

btw, bootleg should install the prerequisities automatically. the manual install is somewhat iffy iirc.

it could be the physical or magic counter script although they shouldn't cause a crash...
is there anything specific you do before it crashes? physical attack? magic attack? or does it randomly crash when he does something?
if replacing the scene.bin solves it, it must be either Cure or one of the AI scripts... very odd...
« Last Edit: 2013-08-20 11:11:26 by Tenko Kuugen »

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2013-08-20 16:14:34 »
Odd. Maybe it is because I did a manual install, unsure why but when I used bootleg to install it froze / crashed after the intro video.  I have tried using both only magic and only physical, also just tried only chucking items such as shrapnel.

If it is working fine for you, I wouldn't pay anymore mind to it (unless the problem persists for others of course). I just broke down and used Hojo to change his HP to 1 so I could get passed the fight, though I despise having to cheat =/.

Thanks for looking into it, now I believe the issue is caused by a manual installation.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #270 on: 2013-08-20 19:04:31 »
if you use the full flevel there shouldn't be any issue when starting a new game.. nor when you use the slim one

have you seen it cast a healing spell? because that could be the other cause of the crash

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2013-08-20 21:35:08 »
I am using the full fLevel, not the slim one (tried both). I could not figure out why bootleg caused said crashes.
To reply to your inquiry, No I have not seen Materia Keeper cast any spells. I've only seen Big horn and Hell combo("auto attack" as well). It always seems to happen after keeper uses big horn, but right as his next turn happens.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #272 on: 2013-08-21 14:19:46 »
so it crashes when it uses magic. huh.
So if replacing the scene.bin help, it must mean that Cure causes the crash? i just have no idea WHY it would do that.
i mean, if the spell works fine for YOU it should also work fine for the enemy since the scene.bin pulls player-usable spells the monsters use directly from the kernel and not from the scene.bin
if nobody else ever reports this, I have to write it off as a fuzzy install

Iamjob

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2013-08-21 15:05:05 »
Yeah I would just have to say it is caused by a fuzzy installation. Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate your efforts.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #274 on: 2013-08-21 17:06:57 »
well, I put the mods together so its my job to deal with possible and found bugs