Author Topic: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More v2  (Read 52425 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More v2
« Reply #50 on: 2010-10-23 05:52:32 »
FFVII unsolved Mysteries.  If you have any information regarding this or other mysteries please contact 1-800-OMGWTFZ
I guess we say te answer is "Cloud survived for dramatic effect dammit!"  For a second I almost had to rethink my entire understanding of FFVII lol *so that sh*t Seph said in whirlwind maze was in fact the truth and all else is a lie ?!#?!$?!$?@%?@*

What are some other mysteries...So the Stone Seto was completely petrified save for a few small tears?  Or were those tears like...crystals...?  And jeez, when you are in Gongaga do Aeris and Tifa BOTH really have to go silent when you speak with Zack's parents?  C'mon they could at least be like "Yeah Cloud, we were gonna tell you this, but you're f*cked up in the head, remember a guy named Zack?  He was a pretty big part of your life." or "You know Zack too?"

How did Lost Number fit in the Nibelheim safe?

I think it's more along the lines of Tifa & Aeris were just debating on if they should trigger what they knew would be a total breakdown.  Kind of like what happened while they were in the lifestream.  Like, the mako fucked him up to a point, and he just had a total breakdown, and most of the sickness wasn't due to the mako, but from the breakdown.  He just needed tifa to do it.  So they knew he'd be like he was in the wheelchair if they pushed it enough.  It was inevitable, so they just tried to delay it as long as possible.

That being said, I'm baked, so it may be a little abstract.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-10-23 06:05:03 »
As for lost number, he was obviously like some fucked up Genie.  8-)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #52 on: 2010-10-23 07:19:21 »
FFVII unsolved Mysteries.  If you have any information regarding this or other mysteries please contact 1-800-OMGWTFZ
I guess we say te answer is "Cloud survived for dramatic effect dammit!"  For a second I almost had to rethink my entire understanding of FFVII lol *so that sh*t Seph said in whirlwind maze was in fact the truth and all else is a lie ?!#?!$?!$?@%?@*

What are some other mysteries...So the Stone Seto was completely petrified save for a few small tears?  Or were those tears like...crystals...?  And jeez, when you are in Gongaga do Aeris and Tifa BOTH really have to go silent when you speak with Zack's parents?  C'mon they could at least be like "Yeah Cloud, we were gonna tell you this, but you're f*cked up in the head, remember a guy named Zack?  He was a pretty big part of your life." or "You know Zack too?"

How did Lost Number fit in the Nibelheim safe?

I think it's more along the lines of Tifa & Aeris were just debating on if they should trigger what they knew would be a total breakdown.  Kind of like what happened while they were in the lifestream.  Like, the mako f*cked him up to a point, and he just had a total breakdown, and most of the sickness wasn't due to the mako, but from the breakdown.  He just needed tifa to do it.  So they knew he'd be like he was in the wheelchair if they pushed it enough.  It was inevitable, so they just tried to delay it as long as possible.

That being said, I'm baked, so it may be a little abstract.
As for lost number, he was obviously like some f*cked up Genie.  8-)

These are now my official positions on the subjects.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-10-23 14:16:19 »
Wait wait wait a minute! When Cloud attended to help her, she was clearly knocked out... Wasn't she? That is how it happened in Crisis Core.
I think this was an inconsistency. In VII Tifa is completely unconscious when Cloud tends to her.
However, in the anime Last Order, Cloud tends to her, she wakes up, says something like "you came just like you promised", and then passes back out.

I was annoyed when that happened, because I didn't see a need for them to insert it. But I just chalked it up to "She probably didn't remember waking up and seeing him, because she was so out of it."

So yeah Seer, I think she just didn't remember waking up and seeing him.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #54 on: 2010-10-23 18:26:57 »
About the Cloud's stabbing and Aerith's demise, I personally think that Cloud was not ready to die yet.

Not always does someone die due to the physical hurt. Cloud for example, he was a lil more than your average infantryman. Aerith was not as physically fit (or none at all) than Cloud obviously (we all know from watching her jumping onto the roof of houses and she gets tired within 10 ft. :p

So that being said, IMO, Aerith died because she was ready to die. She had summoned Holy and only she knew this (at the time). When Sephiroth stabbed her, she pretty much said "Mission accomplish.....ed."

As for Cloud, he still had a lot to achieve for, and he also had vengeance on his mind: For Tifa, Zack and the townspeople.

On a side note: notice that Cloud does not say "This is for killing my mother!!" during the flashback. Oh how heartless. :(

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-10-24 00:12:02 »
On a side note: notice that Cloud does not say "This is for killing my mother!!" during the flashback. Oh how heartless. :(

I don't know whether he does or not in the original Japanese version of the game, but...

"Soldier: Mom... Tifa... my town... give it back... I had so much respect for you... I admired you..."

That came from an online game script I just googled.  It's from the PSX version of FFVII, from the scene where Cloud (with his helmet on) back-stabbed Sephiroth with the Buster Sword.  Looks like he did complain about his mother's murder :P

EDIT: 02:26
« Last Edit: 2010-10-24 00:19:31 by The Seer of Shadows »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #56 on: 2010-10-24 00:45:20 »
Hm, yes, I had forgotten about that!

But he doesn't make that much of a big deal about it. His mom should have been the last to be mentioned lol. I guess he wasn't a momma's boy.  ;)

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-10-24 02:01:59 »
Well, if you suddenly lose everything you have in a fire, I think you'd be in too much confusion to prioritize them.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-10-24 02:34:16 »
Maybe Cloud's mom wasn't a good mother?  Maybe while Cloud was a little boy she was smoking mako in the bathroom and that's why he is emo and nobody liked him.  I think we can prioritize the important things in Cloud's life though (at least to a certain extent).  We know that his same-age peers had no respect for him and ridiculed him; we know that the few memories of Tifa paying attention to him were pretty much the only ones; and we know that Cloud "wanted to be just like the great Sephiroth" and not "I want to protect my you and my mom Tifa!"  no he was relunctant to make that promise.  Frankly, idk why Cloud was upset at the town getting burned down at all.  He should have pledged his loyalty to Sephiroth and dove into the Mako Reactor after him.  Nobody respected Cloud except for Zack it seems.  His mom just wanted him to have"an older girlfriend, one that can take care of you" she was obviously tired of dealing with Cloud and his emo-ness. 

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-10-24 03:16:21 »
mako in the bathroom

Me and cloud were doing something in the bathroom but I can't see why thats any of your concern :P

EDIT: Also your constant use of the work "Emo" troubles me...
« Last Edit: 2010-10-24 03:21:23 by Mako »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-10-24 04:04:54 »
I'm concerned with the more scandelous issue of what you and Cloud's Mother were doing in the bathroom  :o
smoking mako in the bathroom

Me and cloud were doing something in the bathroom but I can't see why thats any of your concern :P

EDIT: Also your constant use of the work "Emo" troubles me...
It bothered me too, I just couldn't think of any synonyms...troubled? disturbed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-10-24 04:23:34 »
Cloud isn't an emo (unless you take AC as gospel),

He is a very troubled person who has a personality disorder...

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010-10-24 04:28:50 »
I've always thought of him as having something of an inferiority complex.  He wants to be strong - he's troubled by his weakness.  He's also naturally reclusive, which adds a bit to this character of his.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-10-24 06:18:09 »
Cloud isn't an emo (unless you take AC as gospel),

He is a very troubled person who has a personality disorder...
I've always thought of him as having something of an inferiority complex.  He wants to be strong - he's troubled by his weakness.  He's also naturally reclusive, which adds a bit to this character of his.
Well I do have a degree in Psychology and am in grad school with one of my areas of training being psychological assessment.  Using the DSM as my guide, Cloud's symptoms primarily point to a dissociative disorder (the category Multiple Personality Disorder is in), but he has some strange symptoms.  Symptoms that are characterisitic of schizophrenia and/or antisocial personalty disorder.  But those don't fit perfectly either.  Since his symptoms are spread out over the entire abnormal psychological spectrum, we need to invent a diagnosis.  Ahem, Dissociative Identity Disorder with comorbid symptoms of Catatonic Schizophrenia and unconcious deception of others.  I have nothing better to do at the current time apparently.

I don't think Cloud is naturally reclusive.  I think he was conditioned to be reclusive cause the other kids didnt like him.  He was a loser who wanted to be a big shot but got all f*cked up in the process.  Nothing against Cloud, i love the guy.

You're absolutely right, Cloud isn't emo.  Any emotional reactions exhibited by Cloud were perfectly warranted.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-24 06:26:17 by xLostWingx »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010-10-24 06:37:51 »
Alright time to weigh in here. if you were kidnapped (or taken) to one of Hojo's laboratory were he injected you with various forms of drugs and Mako then left out in the street to die, I think you would be a little foggy too ::).
« Last Edit: 2010-10-24 17:41:47 by Mako »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-10-24 17:38:54 »
Alright time to weigh in here. if you were kidnapped (ore taken) to one of Hojo's laboratory were he injected you with various forms of drugs and Mako then left out in the street to die, I think you would be a little foggy too ::).

I accept that challenge.  Call Hojo and tell him get his ass over here now!

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010-10-24 19:32:34 »
Alright time to weigh in here. if you were kidnapped (ore taken) to one of Hojo's laboratory were he injected you with various forms of drugs and Mako then left out in the street to die, I think you would be a little foggy too ::).

I accept that challenge.  Call Hojo and tell him get his ass over here now!

Hojo is now here.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-10-25 05:22:09 »
You said i was was gonna get injected with drugs not sharp foreign objects! What a rip-off.

Why is Ying so happy, but all Yang wants to do is commit suicide?  (i tried to find a screenshot or something of this, but failed).  Alrite, that's not a real question, but I'm certain that all the mysteries of FFVII have not been solved.

So, obtaining no feminine accessories in wallmarket means Tifa gets chosen by the Don.  Obtaining many makes Cloud prettier.  Ok these both make sense.  Why then, does obtaining several, or mid-grade tiaras/perfumes/underwear make Aeris more attractive than Tifa?  So what?  Cloud get's a Diamond Tiara and says "Oh pretty! Let me put it on!" but gets a Glass Tiara and says "Here Aeris, you could use this."???  Or is this some effort to make the selection appear random?  Or is it no big deal and I should forget about it because I don't care that much anyway?

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-10-25 05:57:29 »
Its a mini game used to fill the game ;).

During the break in of shinra, jogging in the gym doesn't sound like a good idea...in fact if the said "I'm am to busy breaking in" or something along those lines, that would have made sense. But instead square opted to add a small exercise scene to add depth to the environment. Guess they just wan't you to really work at earing the affection of the Don.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010-10-27 10:16:25 »
Has anyone figured out how Cloud learned how to ride a motorcycle, and learn how to pilot a submarine within minutes?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #70 on: 2010-10-27 14:23:28 »
Has anyone figured out how Cloud learned how to ride a motorcycle, and learn how to pilot a submarine within minutes?
Well, a motorcycle doesn't take much effort. Especially if it's made by Shinra Inc. (since they're all lazy and pretty much make everything "for dummies")

Also, IIRC, for the submarine, there was a manual in which you are opt to choose whether or not to read it (again, made everything "for dummies"). :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010-10-27 17:41:41 »
If you didn't kill the captain and crew... I guess they help you   :o  ;D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-10-27 17:44:52 »
Maybe it is instinctual? Something due to the mako infusing.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010-10-27 18:04:05 »
Well the controls are X, [ ], O, /\   So only a few of the buttons inside the sub are real.  The rest are the guages, alarms, buttons, etc. are just for show.

Why are chocobos invincible?

Why doesn't Cid fly around with the kickass jet highwind to begin with?  Or did he say, "I've been wondering what this button does" or something like that, in which case, Why doesn't Cid know what the button does?!

Why is the elemental materia in Mt. Nibel in the mako fountain already processed?  Its round and ready to use.  If you can just grab chunks of raw mako and use it, why don't you do that all the time?

Why is the same amount of Meteor chunked off when you smash it with a Rocket with no Huge Materia or a Rocket with 4 Huge Materia.  And if i keep Cloud and friends in that chamber, i have like 150 powerful materia to add to the destruction.  Surely Scarlet's calculations are wrong about how much more powerful Huge Materia is compared to regular materia.  What about Bahamut Zero, is that materia equal to Bahamut regular?  or Choco/Mog?  With Master Materia, Huge Materia, and 200 random others, Meteor should go down.  What about Sister Ray?  Aim that thing at Meteor, i'm sure you can kill that thing.

Edit:  My whole post is underlined...i dont have little {u}s anywhere but by the triangle, wtf?
« Last Edit: 2010-10-27 22:28:56 by xLostWingx »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #74 on: 2010-10-27 21:44:38 »
What is the purpose of a tissue?

Why would Cloud have the option of saying "I've had better dog food."? Could be an insult, or perhaps he has tried dog food. :o

One of my personal favorites (I've asked previously, but I'll put it again for kicks), why do some enemies have enemy skills in which they themselves do not use?