Author Topic: "Please insert FF7 game disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again" error message  (Read 12904 times)

Chess

• View Profile
When I try to launch the game, an error message pops up saying "Please insert FF7 game disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again"

iDerek759

• View Profile

Chess

• View Profile
Before this message starts appearing, I was already playing the game through 7th heaven without any problems, and of course, I had done the step one correctly, otherwise I wouldn't had been able to play it. I just tried to run the game today and this message appeared. After the first time, I tried to mount the ISO again, but it didn't work. So I really don't know what to do. :-\

iDerek759

• View Profile
Maybe try running the game converter again? If you've already mounted the ISO and it's not working, you could maybe try using the USB stick option?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Did you update any drivers between it working and not? Running the GC again and having it set the mounted drive letter should fix it.

Topken

• View Profile
Sounds like the drive its mounting to is NOT the same one that was used previously hence the error becuase its looking at a different drive letter then the one its on. I have had that problem before and have had to manually change the drive letter to the correct one which ment going through the list and finding the correct one as I forgot which letter it was before.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I have had that problem before and have had to manually change the drive letter to the correct one which ment going through the list and finding the correct one as I forgot which letter it was before.

The letter chosen during the GC can be found in the FF7_GC.log. That's always the one in the registry that is assigned the CD check when launching the game.