Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 358035 times)

Jeehan

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V2 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #275 on: 2020-05-04 16:24:33 »
Salut Snouz ! Comment vas-tu ?

J'ai une petite question, pour le retraitement des décors de jeux, qu'est ce que tu as utilisé ? et ça t'a pris combien de temps ? Tu penses qu'il serait possible de trouver une façon/un outil normalisée pour retravailler les décors, je pense à Final Fantasy 7 et Jusete, JMP qui se sont lancés dans un parcours du combattant pour recréer tous les décors de FF7.

Autre question, si je devais me relancer une partie de FF9, tu me conseillerais d'installer là V.1 ou la beta V.2 ou d'attendre la V.3 ?

En te remerciant !

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2020-05-04 16:34:03 »
Salut Snouz ! Comment vas-tu ?
J'ai une petite question, pour le retraitement des décors de jeux, qu'est ce que tu as utilisé ? et ça t'a pris combien de temps ? Tu penses qu'il serait possible de trouver une façon/un outil normalisée pour retravailler les décors, je pense à Final Fantasy 7 et Jusete, JMP qui se sont lancés dans un parcours du combattant pour recréer tous les décors de FF7.
Autre question, si je devais me relancer une partie de FF9, tu me conseillerais d'installer là V.1 ou la beta V.2 ou d'attendre la V.3 ?
En te remerciant !
Ca va merci : )
Je bosse dessus depuis Juin, j'ai utilisé Hades Workshop et le script de zePilot (modifié à plein d'endroits pour la facilité), ainsi que ESRGAN. Photoshop évidemment. Gimp pour certains types de fichiers. Pour mettre toute la base en place, je me suis cassé la tête pendant environ 2 semaines. Une fois que j'aurai tout fini, je ferai probablement un petit tuto.
Je sors la V3 dans vraiment pas longtemps (1h? 2h?), j'attendrais jusque là.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2020-05-04 17:02:09 »
I found a clean way to fix this one...

I was thinking way too much about it.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 17:24:11 by snouz »

Enridonn

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2020-05-04 17:04:57 »
I found a clean way to fix this one...

I was thinking way to much about it.

That was a smart one!! xD

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #279 on: 2020-05-04 17:53:24 »
Ok Snouz i imported both the field script changes you posted in p0data2.bin (thanks again) and your UI upgrades to resources and sharedassets2.

I'm assuming there won't be more changes to those three files (if not please tell me), so i wanted to ask:
do you mind if I release my modded resources and sharedassets2 with your files already in, to ease mod installation? I'd obviously be crediting you every file and i'll recommend this mod anyway with a link, so people can grab the upscaled background and world map textures, since those files don't conflict with my own.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 19:28:33 by Caledor »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V3 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #280 on: 2020-05-04 19:44:45 »
NEW 2020-05-04 - MOGURI 8 BETA V3

Changelog:

-Added softer edges with scrolling backgrounds,
-Problems solved: https://imgur.com/a/f8wNwLF (82 pics)
  -includes 4 code based fixes for layering problem (dating back to the original PSX version!)
-Recreation of NPC in 4 screens where they were baked into the texture (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/c6zMjOn.jpg)
-Various visual improvements

Remaining problems: https://imgur.com/a/enhszeO (some are subtle)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 20:41:02 by snouz »

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #281 on: 2020-05-04 21:42:09 »
If I only install Moguri 7 there is pixelated font.
if I install Moguri 7 with Beta V2 font is standard-normal and pretty much cant change it, there is small spectrum like Comic Sans or whatever. Is it normal behaviour? First time playing.

Edit Memoria.ini and turn on/off Font.Enabled
Code: [Select]
[Font]
Enabled = 0
Names = "Arial", "Times Bold"

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #282 on: 2020-05-04 21:55:39 »
Remaining problems: https://imgur.com/a/enhszeO (some are subtle)
I have not followed your work for a long time. You have a good progress! :)

Do you load these backs by importing from PSD to Memoria or using your own mechanism?

We fixed such problems. Black lines are corrected by padding. The width of the padding depends on the resolution of the texture (we tested on 8K textures, if I remember correctly).
At what the game not just doubling the extreme pixels, but uses a cunning borrowing of pixels from neighboring layers.

As far as I remember, we solved these problems, import from PSD should work correctly. But we checked only in Alexandria, perhaps. Other locations will have similar problems.

PLOiD

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2020-05-04 22:23:15 »
Hey snouz, I have  created an account just to say thank you. Amazing job, I would not enjoy this game in 2020 as much as I do if it weren't for this mod/Moguri. Thanks so much for all the hours you must have put into this!!
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 22:44:10 by PLOiD »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2020-05-05 00:02:22 »
I have not followed your work for a long time. You have a good progress! :)

Do you load these backs by importing from PSD to Memoria or using your own mechanism?

We fixed such problems. Black lines are corrected by padding. The width of the padding depends on the resolution of the texture (we tested on 8K textures, if I remember correctly).
At what the game not just doubling the extreme pixels, but uses a cunning borrowing of pixels from neighboring layers.

As far as I remember, we solved these problems, import from PSD should work correctly. But we checked only in Alexandria, perhaps. Other locations will have similar problems.

Hi Albeoris! Nice to see you here : )

Not sure I understand everything, are you talking about the border of the tiles, like this horrible effect?: https://i.imgur.com/ZmAYSY5.jpg You have a solution for that?. What do you mean importing PSD to Memoria? Who is we?

My process is to re-import is through Hades Workshop with the mass converter/importer, and I'm mainly using zePilot's code and workflow for everything before.

If you'd like to discuss Memoria, the mods and stuff, we could talk through steam?

Ok Snouz i imported both the field script changes you posted in p0data2.bin (thanks again) and your UI upgrades to resources and sharedassets2.

I'm assuming there won't be more changes to those three files (if not please tell me), so i wanted to ask:
do you mind if I release my modded resources and sharedassets2 with your files already in, to ease mod installation? I'd obviously be crediting you every file and i'll recommend this mod anyway with a link, so people can grab the upscaled background and world map textures, since those files don't conflict with my own.

Sure, you can use these files!
you mean p0data7 right? 2 is where the battle textures are
There shouldn't be anymore change to those no, except if I manage to edit battle animations, which I haven't tried yet, but Tirlititi showed me a possible way.

I'll be posting other fixes if I find others. I'm working on the one in desert palace prison, with closed/open doors, but It's not a priority.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 00:31:00 by snouz »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #285 on: 2020-05-05 01:39:45 »
I mixed the two up but yeah I wanted to ask for permission for the files i actually listed.

Those containing both your graphic enhanchments and my changes. Those are p0data2 (high res battle backgrounds and my changes) and resources and sharedassets2 for the UI improvements (again, in addition to my own changes).

Basically for conflicting files, so people don't have to do the mixing on their own and can come here, grab your files and install mine on top without further meddling.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 01:47:11 by Caledor »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2020-05-05 11:27:03 »
I mixed the two up but yeah I wanted to ask for permission for the files i actually listed.

Those containing both your graphic enhanchments and my changes. Those are p0data2 (high res battle backgrounds and my changes) and resources and sharedassets2 for the UI improvements (again, in addition to my own changes).

Basically for conflicting files, so people don't have to do the mixing on their own and can come here, grab your files and install mine on top without further meddling.

I had plans to work on p0data2 again though. How will you combine the two? Take mine and integrate your files, or take yours and integrate my files? Because I plan to reimport some files with RGBA separately because the compression gets visible in some place. But that's an endeavor I'll take after correcting other bugs first.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #287 on: 2020-05-05 11:53:01 »
I had plans to work on p0data2 again though. How will you combine the two? Take mine and integrate your files, or take yours and integrate my files? Because I plan to reimport some files with RGBA separately because the compression gets visible in some place. But that's an endeavor I'll take after correcting other bugs first.

I can do both. I have the hws file with my changes i could patch on yours or import the upscaled 2D textures with HW's Unity asset viewer

Albeoris

• View Profile
    • FFRTT
« Reply #288 on: 2020-05-05 16:36:52 »
If you'd like to discuss Memoria, the mods and stuff, we could talk through steam?
Sure. :)

Enridonn

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2020-05-05 20:38:33 »
Here are some pretty minor errors I found with beta 3

Edit: And the lamps here aren't transparent

« Last Edit: 2020-05-05 20:41:44 by Enridonn »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2020-05-05 20:46:56 »
@Enridonn
Thanks, coincidentally, I fixed the second screenshot today! next update.
Also the first one might be a sky I forgot to polish!

Check this out people!

Tirlititi having fount the way tu upscale map items, it opens the way for an fully upscaled map, and I think that's so beautiful I'm gonna cry.

hush3r

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2020-05-06 02:27:36 »
Hi all, new here. This is amazing and getting me excited to play FF9 again. It is my favorite game from childhood, and I replay once every few years.

Wondering if anyone has experience playing FF9 on a Mac, and using this mod? I have not yet tried to use an emulator in order to play the Steam version (as I noticed it sin't compatible with Mac), and I'm not the most tech savvy. It seems as if folks have success playing the normal Steam version, but wonder if it would create any issues with using this mod?

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated! Apologies again if this isn't the right thread.

Warm regards,

-Justin

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2020-05-06 05:41:08 »
thats amazing! is there going to be a separate thread for that or will it just be carried over into the HD World and Main beta?

bartlebutts

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2020-05-06 07:43:46 »
This is fantastic! Does this mod also fix the pc version's horrible mobile ui and make it more like the psx version? And if not, is it planned to or does it work with another mod that does?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2020-05-06 13:20:16 »
Thanks all for the warm support everyone !
Wondering if anyone has experience playing FF9 on a Mac, and using this mod? I have not yet tried to use an emulator in order to play the Steam version (as I noticed it sin't compatible with Mac), and I'm not the most tech savvy. It seems as if folks have success playing the normal Steam version, but wonder if it would create any issues with using this mod?
I know the best way, for all gaming on mac, is a double boot (with bootcamp) with windows. I know someone who tried some pc games with wine or something, but it's always full of bugs.

thats amazing! is there going to be a separate thread for that or will it just be carried over into the HD World and Main beta?
The files that are now "unlocked" are spread accross resources.assets, p0data3 and p0data4. I think I'll just put everything in the main (next) beta!

This is fantastic! Does this mod also fix the pc version's horrible mobile ui and make it more like the psx version? And if not, is it planned to or does it work with another mod that does?
There's one mod by TehMighty, but it's not without problems (see earlier this thread), so it won't be included right now. But who knows in the future!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2020-05-06 17:36:27 »
I have a question, how would you feel about animated water on the world map? I've found a way to make great looking animated water, but it's a departure from the very static water of the original.

diguterra

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2020-05-06 18:18:17 »
I have a problem with duplicate name (such as ZidaneZidane, ViviVivi, DaggerDagger) that even modifying by the save editor does not change in the game.

Enridonn

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2020-05-06 18:21:28 »
how would you feel about animated water on the world map?

It'd be pretty cool, but it may make it (even) harder to notice the chocobo hot and cold bubbles in the water.

DreadfulViolet

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2020-05-06 18:26:27 »
I would say probably make it an option like the orchestrated music is in moguri currently

Koha

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2020-05-06 19:14:46 »
I have a question, how would you feel about animated water on the world map? I've found a way to make great looking animated water, but it's a departure from the very static water of the original.

Thank you so much for your work!! Personally I would not like it, but if in the installer you give us the option to choose whether to install it or not, I see no problem