Author Topic: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud  (Read 228736 times)

Fischkopf

• View Profile
Re: [WIP] APZ's New Canon Cloud
« Reply #300 on: 2015-12-06 09:44:20 »
I'm not really into AC style characters, but I'm still eager to see how it turns out. :)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2015-12-06 23:24:41 »
I made an altered version of  your model with a head from another (ripped) model. I even found a way to  make the eyes to  blink correctly. It would help if you would use for the eyes another texture. Because the Npc's use the same textures for closed eyes.

I figured that one out a long time ago!. I never really dug the "realistic proportion" mods, but I did figure out how to get it to blink ;)

Never got around to putting together a field model, I may or may not for this new one. We'll see... I'm a vfx artist now, close to finishing a contract, and really close to closing a deal in LA for a movie I co wrote. Exciting stuff! (Then why am I so poor...) It's the work life man... It's hard! (and yet I still have a fascination with these... non career related interests)

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2015-12-06 23:27:52 »
I'm not really into AC style characters, but I'm still eager to see how it turns out. :)

I'll make it as a solid ps3 era style Character first, THEN chop him up for this. And as for style... I'm aiming for the Remake's style, whatever it's called. In a way it's the same as APZ CLoud, just... not made by a newb :P

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #303 on: 2015-12-07 04:18:54 »
I'd like to see the trailer Cloud too. I never finished my first run of FF7, and I'd like to finish the most comprehensive and hires modded version of it that I can before the PS4 release.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2015-12-07 05:04:27 »
I figured that one out a long time ago!. I never really dug the "realistic proportion" mods, but I did figure out how to get it to blink ;)

Never got around to putting together a field model, I may or may not for this new one. We'll see... I'm a vfx artist now, close to finishing a contract, and really close to closing a deal in LA for a movie I co wrote. Exciting stuff! (Then why am I so poor...) It's the work life man... It's hard! (and yet I still have a fascination with these... non career related interests)

Nope. I did it a bit different. I use only one mesh instead two where one dissapear and you see the other with the closed eye. My way also supports to close only one eye or change only the mouth. It also looks much better when the model is in blend mode.

What i die was to  seperate the model into four pieces (eye left, eye right, mouth and the rest of the face) and merged them with pCreator (first eye left, then eye right, after that the mouth and at the end the rest). The closed eye texture have I replaced in the flevel.lgp.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2015-12-07 08:53:26 »
Word. I might talk to you about that when I get around to doing it. I'm all for simplicity, so we'll see what happens.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2015-12-07 09:40:07 »
Holy strawbarries your model looks better as the original.
You have made a much better nose. I would say he looks more aggressive.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2015-12-07 11:51:37 »
This is reassuringly the most accurate Cloud I've ever made. He lines up with this new Remake Cloud (Which has been tweaked) and also still recognizable as the AC Cloud as well as Crisis Core (Even though he had baby-face in that one) The remake Cloud look like me, huge dark circles under his eyes, and cheeks withdrawn. He must be an animator!

The only hard part will be figuring out the hair... It's never easy to do the hair... (Like that time I was accused of "stealing UV's" for APZ Cloud's hair) Thinking I'll just make it simple and polygonal and airtight so I don't have to deal with any complications. Just gotta... Lay it out, and that's the hard part, then welding it all, and matching it...

« Last Edit: 2015-12-07 12:01:36 by apz freak »

The Berserker

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2015-12-09 11:36:41 »
amazing work man :D

ZL325

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2015-12-13 19:23:53 »
I love you Apz... Just thought I'd let ya know. :P

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #310 on: 2015-12-14 04:45:27 »
« Last Edit: 2015-12-07 12:01:36 by apz freak »

Yeah!

Leet

• Active member at other FF7 modding site - PM me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2015-12-19 09:17:56 »
Impressive!!

Bryan244

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2015-12-29 01:17:31 »
It does look good, but the face features are too soft for my taste. The current version you are working with is amazing , but will it have a working model on world map?

cloudsmash

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2016-01-05 02:51:08 »
I'm new here but have been lurking for a couple months.  APZ, you do amazing work and I am *REALLY* looking forward to this model!!  Super pumped!! Do you accept donations?

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2016-01-16 02:04:21 »
Hey guys, I've made some progress, forgive me for not having a screenshot ready. (I'm at the tail end of a VFX contract and that 5 grand is badly needed)

SPEAKING OF dear Cloudsmash, I do accept donations, but it's been a while, let me get back to you once I've set all that up again. ;)

I have everything ready for some surgical ZBrush work (Which for lack of normal maps, will spice up the low poly for here)

ALSO... My old APZ Cloud has been ripped and shared all throughout the net, and that amuses me greatly! I am no great master artist, far from it. How about I just share the not broken up model? I'd rather people have access to that. I'll get back to you guys once I'm able to breathe. (Wife and kid and making movies) but this is a fun little project for me that hopefully will make some folks happy :)

That's all I could ever ask for

DarkDemon

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2016-01-17 20:11:43 »
Great work APZ :D