Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496896 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #525 on: 2016-06-10 21:20:05 »
And she is much closer to the original art.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2016-08-10 05:29:09 »
The temple of ancients is still broken with models (Sephiroth hair in front of his face - face of all characters showing through from back - Vincent virtually invisible).  I had a look in Kimera and it seems that your sep, for instance, has 5 groups for the head instead of the original 4. The original has a group for left eye, right eye, and mouth - and the rest of the head is ONE group.  On yours, you have left eye, right eye, mouth, face, hair.

This may be why the transparency fails on Kuro_8 - the temple scene with transparency.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-10 22:35:55 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2016-08-18 14:03:30 »
Not much but a smal progress update of Jessie.

Was your Jesse update included in the link for Biggs and Wedge Kaldrasha? If not could you upload it?

I've been working on and off on simple edits to help complete the list DLPB made for the still shaded models. I'm just working on this for personal use, but would share if I got permission. I'm okay at Kimera, the models I assemble look pretty consistent as I use Kaldrasha's color pallet and recycle parts from completed models.

With that said I have a couple questions for consistency's sake. Can I just add a part to the bone instead of having to use Blender and actually add it to the mesh? For example adding glasses to an already completed head mesh. I know I can do it, and adjusting transparency looks great with glasses but I'm not sure if this quick and dirty fix will cause issues in game. I haven't done any testing, I don't have the game installed right now, just playing with models. Same thing with pauldrons and other "extra" stuff.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2016-08-18 18:22:44 »
If you can work out how to fix the Temple issue, Cities, I would also be very happy :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2016-08-18 21:31:47 »
Wait for the weekend guys.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2016-08-20 23:45:48 »
So I did work on Cloud for today and give him lower poly arms to be more in line with the overall style.
@DLPB
I don't think that the additional  group is the issue but well the game is strange in someway. I will test tomorrow if I can find a solution for his shining through hair in blend mode.

@C.B.Q
I could need some help since my time is somewhat of short right now.
For your worries, as written above it can create problems (probably), but I won't worry to much about it for a normal NPC since they aren't shaded different then the normal shading process.
Here is Jessie: https://mega.nz/#!uQ0TWRSY!0CwD4djXw6oygsEzH99pvsOKViCQQjq8a2a_8cFcjp4

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2016-08-21 12:48:48 »
If no solution can be found for his hair - we can just remove it (including the back part on his actual head).  I can place that in along with the original.  It will work fine.

The problem is that the other characters are also broken...  the face showing through from back - and Vincent not displaying at all.

Also, need Jessie on rootmap to be added :)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21 12:50:28 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2016-08-21 18:03:19 »
@C.B.Q
I could need some help since my time is somewhat of short right now.
For your worries, as written above it can create problems (probably), but I won't worry to much about it for a normal NPC since they aren't shaded different then the normal shading process.
Here is Jessie: https://mega.nz/#!uQ0TWRSY!0CwD4djXw6oygsEzH99pvsOKViCQQjq8a2a_8cFcjp4

Thanks for the reply! I haven't worked on much lately myself but I did a few NPCs like Cloud's Doctor. I'll experiment a bit and see what looks good. Like I said, I'm just reusing and repainting certain parts but at least it is consistent. I need to brush up on texture mapping next.

@DLPB
Do you happen to have an updated list?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2016-08-21 19:18:19 »
I do - See the Reunion Database

Models tab > char.lgp

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2016-08-21 20:24:55 »
New BLJC - Decided to not make the glasses transparent... even though it looks cool, I'll have to do it for every model then.

What are some more simple yet critical ones to do? Keep in mind I'm not a modeller, just repurpose parts from other models.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2016-08-21 20:31:33 »
Here is the thing I wanted to test long ago since I discovered it for Cloud being better rendered when in blend mode:

I activated and set true the Depthtest, depthmask and Alphablend for the some p-files. I assume it only needs to be activated for one and the entire model is effected by this though I didn't tested it.

There is still one problem 'cause the blend mode will rendered by hierarchy. Means lower bones in the hrc file will be covered by higher bones of the hrc file but higher bones are visible through lower. It still looks better as before but it would be better if only the faces which are visible would be displayed.

@C.B.Q
Here an essential tool to fast paint the model https://sourceforge.net/projects/fastclicker/

If you want to make some gradients from one color to another you can delete a face/polygons and use create polygons to rebuild but with the color of the surrounded polygons.

So it looks fine to me. My first work was worse then this. ::)
« Last Edit: 2016-08-21 20:41:07 by Kaldarasha »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2016-08-21 21:08:11 »
DJID needs work too.  The wheels are all wrong.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2016-09-09 12:31:06 »
A few issues:

1. Biggs Wedge Jessie.
Jessie's legs look too thin and stand out for the wrong reason. In fact, her new legs are awful and you can see how bad it looks when she is on the seat:

Old Kal https://postimg.org/image/8tt56rz7z/
New Kal https://postimg.org/image/bmmcqszkf/

I think her old legs were good enough - or pretty close, aside from the colour. The new colour is good.

Additionally, Biggs' old hair is correct and his new hair is not how it is in the art or originally.

2. Colour issues.  I think it's important to stick to the intended colours used in the game - regardless of any concept art. Look at the two pictures below:

Original: https://postimg.org/image/6rx969qmn/
New: https://postimg.org/image/bmmcqszkf/

As you can see, Wedge's legs are too bright.  To the point it becomes too noticeable. Should be a darker blue like the original.  Or at least closer to it.

3. Really not liking the new Cloud at all.

Old: https://postimg.org/image/lmlukg07j/
New: https://postimg.org/image/rjl4niryn/

a. The mouth makes him look like he has a very crap tash. What was wrong with the original Cloud?  It looks absolutely fine, no?  The mouth certainly.

b. His hair is way too sharp now.  Look at the older hair - it was nice and smooth and blended in.  The new one looks like a razor blade. The original hair was fine.

c. The body to head proportion of the new Cloud is poorer than what you already had.

d. Why is the sword larger?  Is this more correct - or less?

So I am definitely keeping the original one for The Reunion. The original one you made was more or less perfect.

4. Tifa:  What has been changed?

5. Other issues for Reunion:

a. The half body version of Jessie is needed for Rootmap.

b. Updated versions of all chars (in Cloud's case the original one you made) that fixes the Temple of Ancients issue - and Experts' Hall issue (the 3 models there that are also transparent).

I will get back to you on Sephiroth.

Sephiroth seems to be unchanged appearance wise - and that's cool because I think he's perfect as is :)  The transparency fix seems to have worked.

« Last Edit: 2016-09-21 23:27:02 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2016-09-29 16:51:22 »
So I have to pause from moding until may next year. This won't mean that I'll stop moding but I won't release anything officially for public. When I get the time I'll take a look at Dan's complaints.

Meanwhile could somebody try to translate the source of Kimera to C#? There are tools in the internet which can convert a good portion of the code but not everything and my knowledge about programming is pretty bad at the moment to fix it myself by hand.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2016-09-29 17:29:37 »
Well, not really complaints :) One or two... maybe :P - and some suggestions.  What does your young cloud look like?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2016-09-29 19:16:23 »
If you can't change the game to use siaa (the final battle model of Cloud which is actually not needed any more) for the few battles in the flashback scenes then don't deal with it. It would be inconsistent elsewhere.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2016-09-30 13:55:39 »
If you have a young Cloud (for the Niblheim flashback and so on), I can make it work by editing the field files :)

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2016-10-03 01:42:37 »
Cid's ankles bend in an inhuman way when you first meet him inside the rocket.  If you could please double check that when you have spare time Kal.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2016-10-03 01:48:32 »
We need more people to do animations too...  a lot of them need to be remade for the new models.  But getting the manpower and effort has been a problem.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2016-10-03 20:53:04 »
Sephiroth's blade is black for all the scenes in the Temple of the Ancients.  Perhaps this is an easy fix?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2016-10-03 23:35:40 »
Could also be that I made a mistake - but the hotfix2 will sort it if so.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2016-10-05 04:41:13 »
Kal, forget updating the other models to be transparent at the temple.  Only Sep needs doing. And if we can't get the Z thing working then we just trim all his hair off apart from the front and add him as a new model to that one field. I am going to remove the  other characters from that scene - they just get in the way and it's stupid.  People know they're looking into the water.

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2016-10-05 05:18:09 »
During the memory gathering scene with Tifa and Cloud.  Cloud's transparent model is grabbing his head using the back of his hands.  Double check that when you can Kal.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #548 on: 2016-10-05 15:01:33 »
I may be wrong, but it seems to me that a lot of talk has been going on about newer versions of some of the models, ones which aren't currently in the latest public build, 1.66.0. According to NexusMods, 1.66.0 hasn't been updated since Jan 2015, almost two years ago. Is there a secret link to some newer, unreleased version of ChaOS I just don't know about, or is the latest version of the mod just two years old?

WatashiWaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2016-10-05 22:15:29 »
Carry Armor model has a something floating behind it.  Could probably be checked again.

Also, only the Cloud model is corrupted in the Chocobo races.