Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« on: 2012-10-10 01:10:46 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:27:45 by Jenova's Witness »

cloudiar

• View Profile
Re: Base mod for low numbers (stat curves, damage modifiers)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-10 10:55:34 »
Very nice idea, interessed specially in stat curves, always think this not nice in original game  >:(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-11 15:09:13 »
Ah good.  A thread that I can actually endorse when it comes to changing the "numbers" in the game.  Off the top of my head, not much to add to that...

Magic cost?  And I suggest we also scale down the Gil and shop costs  etc... the Gil gets ridiculous.  (Perhaps the 'All' Materia Master sell value needs to be reduced also.  But that's for a difficulty mod really)

Erzfreund

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-11 16:10:18 »
Hmm maybe:

- Stats sources obtained via morphing
- Equipment boneses

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-11 16:34:38 »
I agree with DLPB; reduced combat stats would make the absurdly inflated economy stand out a lot more, so it would probably be a good idea to reduce that too.

Question: Are materia such as HP Plus based on a flat number, or a percentage? Pretty much anything percentage-based can stay as is, because they are going to be proportionate to whatever you do anyway.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-11 17:04:44 »
Pretty sure it is %, it even says so in the ability list.  Poison damage is also %, as is gravity of course.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2012-10-11 17:21:56 »
HP is a set percentage, poison is a damaging percentage of MHP over time, but gravity as an element isn't inherently a percentage. The Demi spells contain percentage-based damage calculations, but that's not an attribute of the gravity element.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-11 18:09:13 »
That's what I meant. 

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-11 18:59:09 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 07:28:00 by Jenova's Witness »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2012-10-11 19:42:16 »
This is not in the scope for this particular mod, but I wonder if it's possible to have the equipped materia's bonuses alter your stat growths by a certain percentage?

stat growths are initialized at game start. altering them past that doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.
at least that is what I got during my tests for >100 stat growth some time ago
« Last Edit: 2012-10-11 20:52:27 by Tenko Kuugen »

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-10-12 08:13:17 »
Ah good.  A thread that I can actually endorse when it comes to changing the "numbers" in the game.  Off the top of my head, not much to add to that...

Magic cost?  And I suggest we also scale down the Gil and shop costs  etc... the Gil gets ridiculous.  (Perhaps the 'All' Materia Master sell value needs to be reduced also.  But that's for a difficulty mod really)

Very important, too high selling prices, specially matter "all" (1400000), unbalance the game.

Hmm maybe:

- Stats sources obtained via morphing
- Equipment boneses

Remove some objects using morph I see successful.

Maybe, but I remember it very difficult to use (less with conformer, the cheat xD is bug damage of morph? think this always).

Personally I would morph cost magic, maybe upload some damage, too long to do the same finish.

Pretty sure it is %, it even says so in the ability list.  Poison damage is also %, as is gravity of course.

True, but not like the poision personally, I prefer not to "hit" (toxic) only later damage by poison, and "temporary", is as if "haste" but this case really disproportionate play equally "slow".

Damage based on% MHP not like, it would be simplest to adjustment. (%) (Is possible to change the time it takes to receive?)

Stat curves give me problems, it is not very easy, especially calculating HP / MP crazy to change values, but I do not like it I want to change the original system, 1 or 2 stat points to level up being little, not very important when you have weapons / armor / accesory something good, or some magic (hp + magic + ..) also lower in case if necessary attributes.

A funny way to level up, strange:

Level 2

Strength +2
Resist +0
Magic +0
Spirit +0
Agility +2
Luck +0

Level 3

Strength +0
Resist +3
Magic +0
Spirit +0
Agility +0
Luck +1

Level 3

Strength +0
Resist +1
Magic +3
Spirit +3
Agility +0
Luck +0

Originally to level up not seeing differences, so much more personality, typically "repeat" of +1 to all (or similar), never surprises, a system that adds similar amount for point level (of total) but differently distribute, sorry if not explain well.

This is just what arrives to think, but the real idea after this.

First, there an opcode to ask if you use magic? (in IA of character)

Now will understand ... adding a battle system based on FF4, refer to magic penalty (and not only difficulty, is a system with more possibilities).

From the Character IA assign a second shift action (new mysteries) and that the character does not do anything until you finish it::

If use magic ---> turn pass ---> continue fighting and second load while using bar Turn temp = Barrier-> In passing finish all this turn (characters, enemies) and proceed to magic attack.

If use summon ---> turn pass ---> continue fighting and second load while using bar Turn = temp M.Barrier -> In this turn finish passing all (characters, enemies) and proceed to summon attack

The time of the second turn be conditioned bar shift exactly as normal turn, but in this case the more magic (state points) increased the higher the speed of the second turn.

Crazy, just wanted to say my first thought xD

Then I thought that maybe something can be done, but would first have to know if it is possible to ask from IA:

if magic attack>

If it is true that you will use magic, then your turn will take more time then (remember hero drink but in this case negative) would be subtracting points "agility" of player every time you use magic or summon, really possible?

Good thing the original points of "agility" character does not change after battle  ::)

Thanks for read and sorry for leaving some of the main issues
« Last Edit: 2012-10-12 08:39:57 by cloudiar »