Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845088 times)

Incinerator

Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40)
« Reply #1250 on: 2018-06-03 02:21:05 »
@Tirlititi as you noticed , the "jump" ability of freya take several time to be active once she perform the jump, what i must modify to make sure that she attack instantly right after the jump ?

It's a standby ATB gauge when she jumps. So it's like two turns.
First turn is her jumping in air. Then second turn be doing Spear.
Tirlititi is there a way to alter this?

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2018-06-03 12:40:03 »
yup , a way to remove those turns , and turn it in an istantaneous attack that do everything in one turn , especially because depending on the enemy , it may even take more than one turn

another nice thing to know would be how to correct the animation for a character wen you give it the special abilities of freya , i noticed that only her can use an appropriate casting ability for her special attacks , now all this may sound pretty obvious XD , but on the other hand , if i give to gidan the special attacks of amarant , gidan will perform flawlessly his own animation to cast the spell

@Trilititi i will try to substitute amarant with blank , but i want to be sure that i can do that without have to touch the dialogues , i read from your guide that amarant and blank share almost every data that the game need in order to metabolize this swap , but if i can i would prefer to not touch the dialogues for now

Posts Merged. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 20:35:28 by Covarr »

Incinerator

« Reply #1252 on: 2018-06-04 02:46:23 »
@Trilititi i will try to substitute amarant with blank , but i want to be sure that i can do that without have to touch the dialogues , i read from your guide that amarant and blank share almost every data that the game need in order to metabolize this swap , but if i can i would prefer to not touch the dialogues for now

Yes:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14315.msg245063#msg245063

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: 2018-06-04 03:47:28 »
@Trilititi @Incenerator  ok i tried it and it worked almost perfectly : blank got the name "amarant" XD , and for some reasons , beatrix completely dissapeared from the character selection , it's strange because beatrix should have her own block in the party selection , what can i do to get both of them ?
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 04:18:25 by ploppo »

Incinerator

« Reply #1254 on: 2018-06-04 04:22:47 »
thanks , now i want to first of all try with the swapping point in the invinicible , the strange thing is that all i found for "party" in the field invinicble/bridge ( first one )

This is good place to have such occasion.

I would test adding it after Party( 4, 1 )

Code: [Select]
Party( 4, 1 )
SetPartyReserve( 4095 ) // Adjust this argument if you want fewer people
SetCharacterData( 11, 1, 255, 21, 12 ) // Blank
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        } else {
            Party( 0, 1 )
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        }
        if ( IsInParty(5) ) {
            set Setting_OptionalQuina = 1

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: 2018-06-04 04:26:34 »
This is good place to have such occasion.

I would test adding it after Party( 4, 1 )

Party( 4, 1 )
SetPartyReserve( 4095 ) // Adjust this argument if you want fewer people
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        } else {
            Party( 0, 1 )
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        }
        if ( IsInParty(5) ) {

yup , i did that ,but as you can see from my previous message ,this deleted beatrix and i want to keep both of them , also is strange because blank substituted amarant , and amarant is in my party , while beatrix is in her block in the reserve party selection , so i don't understand why she disappeared

Incinerator

« Reply #1256 on: 2018-06-04 04:38:43 »
Try:

Party( 4, 1 )
SetPartyReserve( 2431) // Adjust this argument if you want fewer people
SetCharacterData( 8, 1, 255, 19, 14 ) // Beatrix
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        } else {
            Party( 0, 1 )
            UpdatePartyUI(  )
        }
        if ( IsInParty(5) ) {

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2018-06-04 04:45:40 »
@Incinerator yes , i will try and let you know , now i have to sleep , but i want to say that i noticed the complete absence of beatrix in the function of the invincible that contain the characters-swap , still , she is perfectly established in the party reserve space  :-o

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2018-06-04 08:19:52 »
About the jump ability, you may try the following using dnSpy: go to the "btl_cmd" class and its "CheckCommandCondition" then search for a part of the code that looks like this.
btl_stat.AlterStatus(regist, 1073741824u);
regist.cmd[3].cmd_no = cmd.cmd_no;
regist.cmd[3].tar_id = ((cmd.cmd_no != 3) ? btl_util.GetStatusBtlID(1u, 0u) : cmd.tar_id);
cmd.tar_id = regist.btl_id;
return true;
And add a few lines before that return:
btl_stat.AlterStatus(regist, 1073741824u);
regist.cmd[3].cmd_no = cmd.cmd_no;
regist.cmd[3].tar_id = ((cmd.cmd_no != 3) ? btl_util.GetStatusBtlID(1u, 0u) : cmd.tar_id);
cmd.tar_id = regist.btl_id;
btl.cmd[1].info.priority = 1;
if (btl.cmd[3].cmd_no == 3) {
btl_cmd.SetCounter(btl, 10u, 185, btl.cmd[3].tar_id);
} else {
btl_cmd.SetCounter(btl, 11u, 186, btl.cmd[3].tar_id);
}
return true;
I've not tested it but it should work (and she should perform the attack without any delay).

@ToraCarol: About the animation at Ipsen Castle, I can't say anything without the script code that you use.
I still don't know how to handle cameras... You can try random things like using the following kind of lines after Blank joins the fight:
RunBattleCode( 36, 0 ) // Change "0" to other numbers to try different cameras
Sorry for late answers but that's a lot of things to read.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2018-06-04 13:08:37 »
@Tirlititi thanks , i am also curious about the little accident with beatrix : why she just disappear when i pur blank in the party selection , and why all the functions of alternate fantasy you modded in order to inject beatrix in the selection of the characters doesn't have a single string like the one you showed in your tutorials ? and to be completely honest i would like to know if the curse of ipsen consist in a script inside all the areas of the ipsen castle , so i can remove that :D
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 13:58:42 by ploppo »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2018-06-04 14:18:51 »
Which string and which tutorial? What I did for Alternate Fantasy is a lot like what is described there.
For the Ipsen Curse, it's only a flag in the battles: you see that all the enemies of the Ipsen castle have this "Ipsen Curse" flag enabled.
It's a bit different for the Oeilvert Curse because that one also has an effect out of battles (you can't use magics). For this curse, there's the flag in the battles but also a general variable that is changed in the "Entrance" field of Oeilvert (I don't remember if it's turned off in the field where Ark is or if it's in one of the Desert Palace fields). The general variable is "Setting_MagicOff": as long as it's 1, magic is disabled in the player's menu.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: 2018-06-04 14:32:31 »
Which string and which tutorial? What I did for Alternate Fantasy is a lot like what is described there.
For the Ipsen Curse, it's only a flag in the battles: you see that all the enemies of the Ipsen castle have this "Ipsen Curse" flag enabled.
It's a bit different for the Oeilvert Curse because that one also has an effect out of battles (you can't use magics). For this curse, there's the flag in the battles but also a general variable that is changed in the "Entrance" field of Oeilvert (I don't remember if it's turned off in the field where Ark is or if it's in one of the Desert Palace fields). The general variable is "Setting_MagicOff": as long as it's 1, magic is disabled in the player's menu.

those informations are extremely important :O , and yes , i like to know what you did in alternate fantasy about the injection of beatrix in the character selection, i also find out something really funny : i give to blank one blue magic , the 1000 needles , now , he performed it perfectly with the right animation to cast the spell , the problem is that instead of the 1000 needles , he launched the holy magic , why that happened ? i noticed the same problem wen placing a magic in the command panel of techniques that aren't considered ordinary magic ( when i placed holy on the saiken panel , instead of the holy , i obtained the animation of a poisoning magic ) ; about my curiosity for your method to add beatrix , i am not a modder , not an hacker , and not someone who want to become an hacker or a modder , i only want to know that so i can set in the game the changes that i prefer and enjoy it , i am not a triple crosser or someone who want to take the credits for someone else work , it would be really stupid because at some point , people will start to ask to the one who steal the credits some informations , just like in your case , but in case of those who steal the credits , they can't be of any help at all , and they end up begin spotted in their ignorance , so don't worry , you can tell me that without fear any act of ingratitude :D
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 15:09:01 by ploppo »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2018-06-04 16:09:29 »

One question about the Ispen Curse, tirlititi: would it be possible to somehow 'expand' this curse to also include other physical abilities like Jump, Throw, or Steiner's sword skills? Because as of yet, it's very easy to circumvent the curse altogether since it only affects the Attack command, so there's little reason to switch to the weakest weapons like the game seems to have intended (why else would you find all the weapons from the beginning in this dungeon?). I've always liked to use each character's respective skills and abilities over plain physical attacks because that's just... uhm, cooler, lol. That's why on my very first playthrough, I honestly didn't even realize that the Ipsen Curse existed! When I later read about it, I just thought to myself 'what're they talking about?', and couldn't remember anything strange about Ipsen. When I paid attention on my next playthrough, I finally discovered the curse, but I'd say it is very poorly implemented if it's that easy to miss. In my opinion, when a whole dungeon is based around such a special circumstance, then that effect should be much more apparent. I don't know how complicated this would be though.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2018-06-04 16:18:49 »

what's exactly the function of the ipsen's castle field were the curse id placed ? wait , you said that the ipsen course is only that flag in the enemy list , so i only have to remove that flag
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 16:26:41 by ploppo »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 2018-06-04 16:26:54 »
@ploppo: About the wrong spell special effects, that's quite strange ; I think you did something wrong in your settings. The poisonous effect is the default animation in most cases (when no other is set).
About how I added Beatrix, I don't mind giving you tips, but you need to be more specific... Did you read the tutorial? What didn't you understand?

Again, there is nothing related to the Ipsen Curse in the field. The flag in the battles is everything there is.

@Kefka: Yes, it is possible with dnSpy again. In the "btl_calc::CalcMain", you need to put the line "btl_calc.CalcSub_15E(cALC_VAR);" a bit everywhere ^^'
Again, having a look at this file makes it easier to read the spell effects before editing the real thing (that has idiotic names and is harder to read).

For example, go to the "case 19" (Physical Strike effect) and change it to this:
case 19:
btl_calc.CalcSub_13A(cALC_VAR);
btl_calc.CalcSub_141(cALC_VAR);
btl_calc.CalcSub_143(cALC_VAR);
btl_calc.CalcSub_159(cALC_VAR);
if (btl_calc.CalcSub_152(cALC_VAR))
{
btl_calc.CalcSub_15E(cALC_VAR);
btl_calc.CalcSub_203(cALC_VAR);
btl_calc.CalcSub_270(cALC_VAR);
}
break;
You should put the line before the "CalcSub_20X" ("DoSetDamage_..." in the readable version).

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2018-06-04 16:48:27 »
@Tirlititi  sorry lol , i misunderstood about the ipsen curse , about beatrix , i take a look in the little tutorial you posted in the post of steam and the one you placed in one of the pages of this post , and i understood that you didn't used the same method to add beatrix in the party selection , infact as i said i never saw the lines that incenerator suggested me to use some messages ago , but i am only interested in know how you make her appear in the character selection , i don't need to add her in the cutscenes  , i hope that this time i managed to be more clear

please check out my previous comment , now is readable XD , i was distracted so i just put my reply inside the quote

ok my bad , now i know that the blue magics in blank are displayed correctly , sorry for the inconvenient :\

Posts merged. Please use the edit button in the future. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2018-06-04 20:28:22 by Covarr »

Incinerator

« Reply #1266 on: 2018-06-04 20:13:41 »
Model importer update: still can't swap weapons. Tried swapping Javelin GameObject with Kain's Lance GameObject, to no avail.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: 2018-06-04 21:22:53 »
@Incinerator  i finally assigned the ost theme of zon an thorn to the respective bosses by modifiyng the btlbgm data , but the strange thing is that even after that modification , the only ost that run during the fight with them is still the one of the bosses encounters , the other strange thing is that in the btlbgmmetadata i only found the enemy id 74 , and that is the id of zon and thron the first time , the other two id were just not present in that file , what do you think ? where i am wrong ?

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2018-06-04 21:51:12 »
Model importer update: still can't swap weapons. Tried swapping Javelin GameObject with Kain's Lance GameObject, to no avail.

i am interested in this , what was this about ? for now the only cool thing that i can do with the weapons is to give them to people that usually can't use them , like for example give the save the queen to daga and zidane :D

Incinerator

« Reply #1269 on: 2018-06-04 22:46:50 »
@Tirlititi
At the same time I tried replace said Javelin GameObject with Halberd spear from FFXII for tests, it didn't crash the model importer (I tried to keep the original hierarchy the same in this case and it worked on that part at least.) In game, the game didn't crash, but the weapon was invisible.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-05 03:55:33 by Incinerator »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: 2018-06-05 00:07:46 »
@Incinerator hey , what do you think i did wrong about the latest thing that i asked you ?  ???

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2018-06-06 09:50:07 »

@ToraCarol: About the animation at Ipsen Castle, I can't say anything without the script code that you use.
I still don't know how to handle cameras... You can try random things like using the following kind of lines after Blank joins the fight:
RunBattleCode( 36, 0 ) // Change "0" to other numbers to try different cameras
Sorry for late answers but that's a lot of things to read.

Ok, I'll give a try! And about the Ipsen caste..for now I resetted the code, I'll try once gain later, if I'll have other problem and I din't figured how to solve, I'll let you know.. so don't worry! And thank you for everything, you guys, thank to you I'm making a very nice job  :P

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 2018-06-06 15:57:00 »
there's another thing that is unclear : why hades workshop disable the options for the battle fields in the steam version ?

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2018-06-09 15:15:52 »
Guys! How do I fix, in this case, the head focus of the BlackMage and Quina so that they can turn toward GenomeA instead of Blank? I don't know why but whe i putted Blank on the field this thing happened!

EDIT: Solved, and easier than I thought! ;)
« Last Edit: 2018-06-14 12:45:14 by ToraCarol »

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 2018-06-15 00:10:37 »
hey Tirlititi when modding field scripts where do they save on pc? in csharp or one of the data files?