Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317865 times)

Demigod0502

• View Profile
Can anyone help me out? I tried to install Tonberry/Rebirth by flame/Project Hellfire. I am not seeing the effects of the mods. Right now I have the following setup with no success, if I am doing this all wrong, I'd really appreciate the help XD, here goes:

Tonberry is under the file locat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy VIII\ (I don't have a common file under steam apps just the Final Fantasy folder under program files)

In Tonberry: Debug folder, hashmap, objmap, collissions.csv, hash2map.csv, prefs, and readme.

Under hashmap: RebirthFlame_hm.csv
Under Objmap: ProjectHellfire_hm.csv
Under debug: error0, nomatch0, nomatch20, noreplace0, replaced, unsupported0

Any help would be appreciated.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Can anyone help me out? I tried to install Tonberry/Rebirth by flame/Project Hellfire. I am not seeing the effects of the mods. Right now I have the following setup with no success, if I am doing this all wrong, I'd really appreciate the help XD, here goes:

Tonberry is under the file locat: C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy VIII\ (I don't have a common file under steam apps just the Final Fantasy folder under program files)

In Tonberry: Debug folder, hashmap, objmap, collissions.csv, hash2map.csv, prefs, and readme.

Under hashmap: RebirthFlame_hm.csv
Under Objmap: ProjectHellfire_hm.csv
Under debug: error0, nomatch0, nomatch20, noreplace0, replaced, unsupported0

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you put the textures in the texture folder? I didn't see it in your post. The textures for mine are named "ch". If you haven't, put that folder in the textures folder that should've came with Tonberry.

Demigod0502

• View Profile
Yes, I put those in the textures folder along with all the others minus the hash2map.csv and collisions.csv, those are in the tonberry folder. The only things that I can think of is the C++ when i tried to install that, it said that I had a newer version previously installed on my computer and the prefs are not setup

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
As long as you're up to date, you're fine. I don't think messing with the preferences will do much. You could always try to reinstall Tonberry. Because as it stands you did all the steps right.

You put put Tonberry and its components along with the texture folder in your FF8 directory. Put the collisions and hashmap2 in the Tonberry folder. Put the textures in the textures folder. Hashmap and objmap in their folder. Unless I'm forgetting something it should work.

Demigod0502

• View Profile
What I have right now is:

Tonberry:
Hashmap folder
Objmap folder
collisions.csv

Hashmap folder:
hash1map
hash2map

Objmap folder:
objfile

Textures:
all mods folders

I just tried to re-install tonberry but no success.

Demigod0502

• View Profile
I got it working! I realized that I had the incorrect hashmap file to tonberry version. Once I replaced them I was able to run the mods. I appreciate all your help Fated. You guys have some fantastic graphics and coding, I appreciate everything you guys did.

Asker ツ

• During together we can do all job ! ツ
    • View Profile
can you help me to moods character of FF VIII to be better.
I'm so confuse, please help me.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
can you help me to moods character of FF VIII to be better.
I'm so confuse, please help me.

Do you mean how to install this mod? There are directions on the first page along with a link to Tonberry which also has directions to install it. If you mean what you need to mod it yourself, like editing textures, you can use Tonberry to debug to pull some textures in which you can upscale and or paint the textures yourself.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
yeah, i have used tonberry v 1.5 and mod characters with rebith flame, but that's not work. I'll try it again with the direction you given.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
yeah, i have used tonberry v 1.5 and mod characters with rebith flame, but that's not work. I'll try it again with the direction you given.

Oh! You need to completely update Tonberry to v2.04 to use everything properly.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
i already had that, but after i installed it, it said "MSCV... .dll" is missing. That's the problem. I think it can be find at google.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-03 04:02:55 by Asker »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
i already had that, but after i installed it, it said "MSCV... .dll" is missing. That's the problem. I think it can be find at google.

You might try reinstalling your game. I also know of one person who said he fixed the same issue you had by copying the .dll that's missing from another Steam game he had. Though, I haven't tried this myself.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
I found it and fix the problem temporarily. But why the result of picture isn't focus ? This incident is same like before.
How can i repair that ?

I cann't insert the image, how to do ?

Asker ツ

• View Profile

Asker ツ

• View Profile

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I found it and fix the problem temporarily. But why the result of picture isn't focus ? This incident is same like before.
How can i repair that ?

I cann't insert the image, how to do ?

I can't see your pictures to see the problem you speak of. Click "Insert Image" then paste the url inside. I usually use imgur for uploading photos.

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile
Hi ppl!

FatedCourage, I really like your work. Before this mod, I was playing with de Shunsq's character replacement mod and it works fine. Now I updated to your mod, and it's like it were off.
I dn't know what I'm doing wrong: Update to Tomberry v2.04, paste the 'ch' folder in textures folder, the RebirthFlame_hm at hashmap.

I have SeeDReborn (spanish version)  and Xbox360 Controller Mod working fine.

I'm really desperate and breaking my head for what's going wrong.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
I can't see your pictures to see the problem you speak of. Click "Insert Image" then paste the url inside. I usually use imgur for uploading photos.

I don't understand to upload my images from my file.
I just write "[ img]C:\Users\User\Desktop[/img ]", without spacing.
Can you show me example to upload the image like what ?

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hi ppl!

FatedCourage, I really like your work. Before this mod, I was playing with de Shunsq's character replacement mod and it works fine. Now I updated to your mod, and it's like it were off.
I dn't know what I'm doing wrong: Update to Tomberry v2.04, paste the 'ch' folder in textures folder, the RebirthFlame_hm at hashmap.

I have SeeDReborn (spanish version)  and Xbox360 Controller Mod working fine.

I'm really desperate and breaking my head for what's going wrong.

Hm... Did you remove the character replacement before using RF? You'll need to do that so nothing conflicts. All RF is is Shunsq's and Mortael's work but more updated so to speak. And when you updated Tonberry, did you replace/update all the files? That could also be the cause.

Just use http://imgur.com/, upload your photo, click on the picture after you upload it, then copy and paste that url into the spot.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
Hm... Did you remove the character replacement before using RF? You'll need to do that so nothing conflicts. All RF is is Shunsq's and Mortael's work but more updated so to speak. And when you updated Tonberry, did you replace/update all the files? That could also be the cause.

Just use http://imgur.com/, upload your photo, click on the picture after you upload it, then copy and paste that url into the spot.

I have did, can you see ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

You can't upload images to this site. You have to upload them to another site like imgur first.

1. Go to imgur.com

2. Click "upload images":

3. Click "browse your computer":

4. Click "Start Upload":

5. Select your file to upload

6. Once it finishes uploading, look for "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and select the file icon to copy this code:

7. Paste it into your post

What is your native language? If these instructions are hard to understand, maybe it will be easier for someone who knows the same language to explain it to you.

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile

I've tryed again, deleting all the oldfiles and putting the updated ones (before i've updated again tomberry), and nothing, Xbox360 CB and SeeDReborn still working fine.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I've tryed again, deleting all the oldfiles and putting the updated ones (before i've updated again tomberry), and nothing, Xbox360 CB and SeeDReborn still working fine.

Sorry, I meant the components/files that came with Tonberry v2.04. Or rather, put everything that came with v2.04 into your directory. Which will replace all the old files. If you've completely updated all of Tonberry, then I can't think of much else. I'm really not that tech savvy sadly.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
I got it now.
When I try first time, that imgur.com is blank. It's not show anything.
But now it's work  :-)

This is the images that I mean.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I got it now.
When I try first time, that imgur.com is blank. It's not show anything.
But now it's work  :-)

This is the images that I mean.

Ah, okay! Much better! Do you have "Original Graphic Mode" checked in your settings? If you do, uncheck it.