Author Topic: FF7 Wont work  (Read 18429 times)

Kranmer

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Wont work
« Reply #25 on: 2010-03-11 14:10:05 »
it really is very weird. But with the help of a friend of mine i have come up with a possible fix (since i dont have the problem i cant be sure) but hopefully it will work. What i have done is actually inject the files so that it wont need to look into sub folders anymore.
-REMOVED
download that, overwrite the old files with these new ones.
Also most importantly DO NOT apply any patches yet just run it right after overwriting old files,
any patches made to FF7.exe may screw up the settings (it may not but just try it first without any kind of patch or nocd crack)

EDIT- this is a fix for windows just so you know. i dont have any idea why your wine isnt working. You could try importing your vista registry settings into wine with wine's regedit.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-25 23:23:45 by kranmer »

kuncoro

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-04-23 12:33:30 »
1.Im installing final fantasy 7 in full installation so it only read movie from the cd
2.Im installing everything in final fantasy 7 such as : yamaha and other
3.Then i go to regedit to set the movie path to final fantasy directories so i can play without cd C:ff7/data/movies
4.Then i apply patch 1.02 and i use the newest opengl 0.77b and overwrite the FF7CONFIG.EXE FROM THE PATCH 1.02 ,then i go ff7config.exe and set the custom driver and i run FF7 , but when i run ff7 it always crash after the black screen appear and said the problem is in ff7opengl.fgd.But when  i overwrite the files with KRANMER mediafire link my FF7 Can Run  http://www.mediafire.com/?wuaejkntd1q link
BUT the problem is when i start the game the movie doesnt appear and only showing the dialogue then IT ONLY showing black screen and then i open the status menu , status menu (the menu with item,status,level,gametime)
and then return back to the game,it show cloud and other(normal).But when the first fight happen THERE IS NO SOUND and then not long after the first fight the sound is normal 
If i do the wrong thing please tell me AND CAN you tell me HOW to play without cd Please
 please

kuncoro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-04-23 12:42:56 »
Sorry i forget this,I use the cd because the regedit movie wont work.the game says please insert disc
so i insert the cd
ITS SAID:ERROR COULDN'T PLAY THE MOVIE FILE
AND I INSTALLED FF7 IN DRIVE D
« Last Edit: 2010-04-23 13:19:39 by kuncoro »

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-10-07 04:03:22 »
Hi all, i was using the search button for a solution to my problem and i've found this thread.
Basically i've installed the Aali's patch to play with the magDef fix, anyway someone on the forum told me it's the last and one in all better graphic patch so this was also what moved me.
I play on windows XP and just so you know i have a Radeon 9250.
However I have the exact same issue as the guy who posted the topic, but i explain all step by step.
I have 4 graphic options, this is what happens case by case.
a) Software render ---> basic FF VII video interface WORKS, but sucks :D
b) Direct3D Driver Acceleration ---> i used to play with this using SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00, it runs but the graphic is MUCH confused now and i can't play at all.
c) OpenGL driver (BROKEN) ---> this works in a 640x480 little window or 320x240 littler one, it is positioned at the top left corner of the screen and i can't move it. As a side note, even if ichose 640x480 full screen it still goes there like i chose a quarter screen option.
I can play with it, but is annoying as hell and sometimes pad movements don't work for few seconds for some reason.
Anyway MOVIES don't work, i can skip the first one by clicking, then if i start the game all is black since the intro can't be skipped, i can only play using saves.
d) Custom driver Here we are, the one i need to work... doesn't. When i start FF VII the screen blink in black like is loading then it turn back to the desktop. Actually it's weird because sometimes it doesn't send back nothing, while other times an error gray window tells me about the creation of crash.dmp and APP.log files.
I don't find the button to add files here and since using notepad crash.dmp is full of strange fonts, i copy past only the APP.log :

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.8b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. RADEON 9200 Series DDR x86/SSE2 1.3.1062 WinXP Release
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
ERROR: unhandled exception

Note that i could try old 0.6 Aali's version too, but since the MagDef fix is introduced in the last one, i just want to run it because the MagDef fix is my first concern.

Another thing is that the author of the thread posted an image of his plugins directory and I see he has 3 files into it, while i have only 2.
My plugins are : ff7music.fgp and ffmpeg_movies.fgp, i miss the ff7music_wine.
Any problems with that?

Also from the APP.log i see i miss OpenGL 2.0, should i fix it somehow?

So after all of that (i hope i have been exhaustive) any solutions guys? ^_^

P.S.
Sorry for my english, it's 6 A.M., it tooks me 40 minutes to write that and now i want to go bed.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-07 05:27:04 by Mago-Merlino »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-10-07 04:18:50 »
Not sure what the fix is, but you do realize the Magic Defense fix makes the game even easier, right?

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-10-07 04:30:01 »
Well i played FF VII thousand times... i just want to do it as how it should be in first instance and then use some cool armors, etc...
So if you find any solution, or if Aali could read this and find a fix, or if he could even add the MagDef fix into an old patch, well i would be glad.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-10-07 04:49:57 »
1. Your graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 2. Make sure use_shaders is off in the config.
2. Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause all sorts of problems.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-10-07 13:38:13 »
Oh come on, stop telling people that. If his card doesn't support OpenGL 2.0 that option has no effect whatsoever. Its only for turning off shaders when you do have support for them.

Upgrading graphics drivers is always the first thing you should try with these kind of problems. If that doesn't work, post your crash.dmp.

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-10-08 02:22:44 »
Ye, shaders off didn't change the results.
Around internet i've found 6.11 Catalyst is the best driver i can use for my Radeon 9250 and that OpenGL 2 is not supported or at least not with this version of drivers (seems on some forums they said in the older ones it was... strange btw).
Anyway it's not the point i guess since it's important if i would be able to use the "Custom driver" and not the OpenGL one.
That being said, under the 0.6 older Aali's patch i can run FF VII so i guess it's a problem of the new code and since seems i'm not the only one here with this issue, maybe Aaali wish to find the bug as all developers.
Actually i've found the YAMP MagDef fix and i can play with my old patch-settings, so i'll stick with this for now, but i hope i can improve my FF VII PC experience one day with the Aaali's patch.
Anyway, i'll be here for any test he wants me to do to improve his patch and if someones tells me how to attach files into a post (i can't find the command) i will upload the crash.dmp about my error.

P.S. to Aali :
Playing with "SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00" as i always do, i've found models have a better definition than your 0.6 patch, even if the background and movies graphic is smoother, i like more to play with those "high res" (let's say... less spiked?) models.
So there is any kind of thing i didn't set, or SaiNt's patch is better by this point of view?

P.S.2
I suggest you to introduce a "skip movie" command, which is great when you want to load and play from saves without watching over and over what you already have seen over and over.
Actually i can do it with YAMP fixes.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-08 03:03:49 by Mago-Merlino »

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-10-08 04:39:18 »
I'm pretty sure your problem is the subtractive blending issue actually.. It will happen if your card supports Opengl 1.3 and then doesn't support changing the blending equation. Sorry but if you can't update your graphics drivers there's not much you can do except run an older version. No crash.dmp is necessary.

Your app.log indicates that you didn't set a resolution for yourself. This means it will use the default of 640x480; you'll have to edit ff7_opengl.cfg if you want a higher resolution.

Movie skipping is already possible in a way, any movie file that cannot be found will be skipped. So assuming you have the movies on your harddrive you can just move/delete the ones you dont want to see.

Mago-Merlino

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-10-09 00:05:32 »
Well, thanks for your time ;)
Since i will play with the 0.6 version, when you got time... can you add the MagDef fix to it and post the zip for me and for who doesn't have OpenGL 2?
If yes, i'll look into this topic time to time, thanks!

Last thing, since i unistalled-installed many times in these days, i've found that my saves works, but i have always to re-configure my pad settings. Anyone knows which is the file i have to keep? I thought was the one under the folder Final Fantasy VII/data/menu, but it didn't make the trick.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-09 00:15:15 by Mago-Merlino »