Author Topic: Strange sound prob (ff7)  (Read 5319 times)

steven

• View Profile
Strange sound prob (ff7)
« on: 2006-04-25 19:07:27 »
When I run ff7 though the ff7 music prog something causes the wav control on the volume controls to move all the way to the right speaker. It has happend a few times but only with ff7. I have not tryed it without the ff7 music prog, but for some reason it dose not happen all the time (but it been a wile since I relly played it so At least I don't remember it happening all the time).

My specs are

amd athlon xp 1800+
512 mb ram
gforce 6600 gt
xp pro sp 2
onboard sound (msi board)

The only way I found to fix it is to mess with the speakers conection to the back of my pc and I hope somebody has a better soultion for the prob.

Snake

• Final Fantasy XIII-Sure she's pretty!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://snakecy.t35.com
Re: Strange sound prob (ff7)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-30 18:50:06 »
THe problem is not hardware because u said than in other programs it works fine. The problem is with a software(possibly with the  motherboard software), so the first thing to try, is to modify the sound balance on the windows volume control........
Otherwise, check your motheboard's drivers, generaly, your onboard sound chip drivers.

Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-30 18:51:18 »
THe problem is not hardware because u said than in other programs it works fine. The problem is with a software(possibly with the  motherboard software), so the first thing to try, is to modify the sound balance on the windows volume control........
Otherwise, check your motheboard's drivers, generaly, your onboard sound chip drivers. :D

Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-30 18:56:17 »
Otherwise, check your motheboard's drivers, generaly, your onboard sound chip drivers. :D

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
Strange sound prob (ff7)
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-30 22:40:43 »
Dude three in a row  :o do you know that you can get you a warning for that here  becareful (moderators are ruthless here lol) (try deleting the last two posts.

stormmedia

• View Profile
Strange sound prob (ff7)
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-01 05:50:11 »
well .. never had any warning so I don't know if th moderators are ruthless lol ... anyway ... for you problem steven... I think it's hardware since you say that you're able to fix it by messing with your connection ... maybe it's just a coincidence that you have this problem only in ff7 ... if not you can test it without the ff7 music patch... it may be the problem but if you fix it by messing with your connection ... I think it's your connection the problem

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-08 19:59:56 »
Well since this prob only happens with the wave part of it useing the midis should work, but I need a way to use my mp3's because as you know the midis suck.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-08 22:43:22 »
Well I will upload my first version of my FFSound Soundfont Project soon so look for it it will improve a lot how the mid files sounds

here a link that will lead you to my topic:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5519.0

there is some simple if you want to hear how it will sound with my first version

see you

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-06-16 21:20:35 »
For some reason it only happens with the ff7 music program and without it it works ok

siirsp

« Reply #9 on: 2006-06-17 18:43:43 »
 :roll:

lol, you probably just dragged the pan bar all the way to the right xD
(under setup in FF7 music)

just put it back into the middle, so that the left & right audio channels are balanced.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-17 18:47:49 by siirsp »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-06-18 01:26:22 »
Hey, I saw you post comments on the Blu-Ray discussion at joystiq.

Back on topic, he said it only happens with ff7 music. This means that that solution won't work.

maphisto

« Reply #11 on: 2006-06-18 06:45:47 »
Back on topic, he said it only happens with ff7 music. This means that that solution won't work.

Why shouldn't it work, the FF7music program does have the option to pan the sound on the very first tab in the configuration, not to mention additional panning controls depending on the output plugin you use.

If you're comment was about the sound font post then yes that's true that new soundfonts won't fix a problem with FF7music but it is an option for him to use the original MIDI with better sounding instruments than simple General MIDI.  Granted that won't let him use the mp3's he has in mind but it does meet the goal of playing the game with better music than what would otherwise be possible.

just my two gil.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-06-18 21:31:16 »
Sorry, I thought he meant system sound.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-06-19 21:29:36 »
Sorry, I thought he meant system sound.
thats what happens when I try to run ff7 with the prog it just resets itself like that even if I was to alt tab out of the game and fix it myself.

edit: link dose not work

« Last Edit: 2006-06-19 21:31:16 by steven »

siirsp

« Reply #14 on: 2006-06-20 05:19:33 »
wait, so in FF7music the pan bar isn't set to the right?
but when you run it the system balance bar gets moved to the right?

that doesn't make any sense at all...

double check the first tab in FF7music settings' pan bar.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-20 20:54:05 »
wait, so in FF7music the pan bar isn't set to the right?
but when you run it the system balance bar gets moved to the right?

that doesn't make any sense at all...

double check the first tab in FF7music settings' pan bar.
I saw that thing before and had no idea what it did It might be that

thanks