Author Topic: Random Links  (Read 107962 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Random Links
« Reply #175 on: 2015-07-19 21:41:47 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5ljVwxJH8

underrated soundtrack, I think.  Good film too/

What do you want, Mr Quaid? A man is defined by his actions, not his memory. You are what you do.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2015-07-27 18:48:32 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBxIHZTMNgQ

I would call thou foolish, but thou art mortal. Thou cannot go against thy nature.
- Fou-Lu

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2015-07-28 05:39:25 »
I would call thee foolish,

although I'm guessing that's the original quote from the game.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2015-07-28 20:12:21 »
although I'm guessing that's the original quote from the game.

Ah, that's pretty funny!  I was just discussing this with Covarr that it looked to be wrong and he said you'd been here to say same thing :P

Yeah, it's the original game quote - at least, that's what is online.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2015-08-06 15:24:51 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZ_lehq2q8

When President Shinra stands overlooking Midgar as District 7 is crushed, an extract from Joseph Hadyn's "Die Schopfung (The Creation)" is played.  I think it's from this particular part, one of my favourites.  I may have posted this before.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-06 15:26:24 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2015-08-20 17:52:53 »
But don't think that life is easy
You may never get a lucky break

They'll put you down, cold and unknown
A total failure from womb to grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bD6QxdMsO4

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #181 on: 2015-08-20 19:18:39 »
But don't think that life is easy
You may never get a lucky break
That's for sure! :(

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2015-08-31 11:39:31 »
Singer Man, sing me a song.
Singer Man, sing me a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6CkUCp9L8

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2015-09-08 09:54:10 »
That's extremely atmospheric ambient:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRVjzuU5MA

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2015-09-08 16:32:23 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2015-09-09 11:23:57 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-34191638

If that's the kid, just think how dumb the parents are.

edit.

Oh... I didn't see the video. Yeah, parent's a dumb ass too.  Shocker.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-09 13:33:18 by DLPB »

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2015-09-09 13:33:05 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-34191638

If that's the kid, just think how dumb the parents are.

She should have said the school's dress code infringes on her religious beliefs as a leopardarian.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2015-09-09 13:36:01 »
I continually find myself racking my brain at how thick people are and why.  What did they expect to happen?  What did this parent expect would happen if she sent her kid into school looking like that?  And just how has she made the BBC headlines?  There are tons of kids sent home for failure to adhere to the dress code.  Usually it's girls wearing skirts so short they might as well be coming to school in their knickers, or kids that dye their hair.  They don't make the BBC pages.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-09 13:38:02 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2015-09-09 20:56:19 »
I've seen far worse haircuts at school, and they were allowed to stay.  That being said, if the school has a policy against it, blatantly disobeying it isn't going to get you anywhere.

Reminds me of the retarded Kim Davis coverage we're having over here.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2015-09-10 18:10:14 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-34208841

[Censored. This forum is a haterade-free zone. ~Covarr]

edit.  Saying that I do not like policy of multiculturalism is not "hating".  It's a political view.  Surely censoring what I said and calling it "hating" does not allow anyone the chance to agree or disagree, but merely tells them to disagree.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-10 21:42:05 by DLPB »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2015-09-11 09:23:15 »
I agree with you guys. It's nice to see people with similar view. :3

@back to topic:
http://youtu.be/01j5m4lIvFw

healingwind

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2015-09-28 18:33:37 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH5ljVwxJH8

underrated soundtrack, I think.  Good film too/

Wow, never noticed the soundtrack -- that is definitely really cool!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Review of 12 Angry Men
« Reply #193 on: 2015-10-09 01:11:03 »
I expect this won't go down well with some here, but it's my opinion and food for thought, no?

Good Movie Ruined by Left-Wing Bias and Smugness.

12 Angry Men is entertaining, mostly well acted, and worth a watch (although it has no replay value unless you are a Lib-Left luvvie). It could have been far better but, from the outset, the film was designed only to take a pot-shot at the Right, and promote a Left Wing Progressive viewpoint as the absolute truth. This story is hardcore propaganda and, judging by its score on IMDB, has succeeded in fooling a great number of people. What is interesting to me is that the Left-wing's brainwashing started so early. Hollywood is still churning out the same bias today (go and read my Dark Knight review).

The movie has a very interesting premise: An open-and-shut case is called in to question when one man on the twelve-man jury slowly convinces the others that the eighteen year old on trial for the murder of his father may, in fact, be innocent. That's got some real potential, hasn't it? Sadly, the gone-in-the-head Leftist who wrote this did what I feared he would: loaded the dice and peddled a Leftist agenda - namely one that excuses criminals of their actions and seeks to end the death penalty. That's the film's overwhelming goal. It wants the audience to come away from the movie, not with a greater appreciation of the legal system, but with the view that the death penalty should be abolished and that anyone who objects to this is a deluded, little bigot. I'll come to why this film is dangerous to society later but, for now, let's look at the facts we are given:

[Spoilers from here on]

1. An 18 year old is on trial for the murder of his father. He has no alibi. The alibi he gave to police (that he was in a theatre the whole time) fell apart when he could not recall anything about the movies that were showing - even their names.

2. There are two main witnesses: One saw the defendant leaving the scene of the crime (and heard the event); the other saw the murder take place through a window and identified the defendant. The defendant was also heard shouting in anger 'I'm gonna kill you', the same day as the murder.

3. The knife (with a very rare design) used in the murder is the same knife that the defendant had bought earlier and was carrying around. His friends testified to this effect.

4. The defendant is an habitual criminal who has had numerous run-ins with the law, including two arrests for knife fighting. He is said to be 'real handy with a knife'.

5. The defendant has a clear motive: His father was repeatedly violent and abusive towards him, and had beaten him regularly (with fists) since he was five years of age, including the day of the murder. He had also threatened his father that very day.

I was intrigued. Why does this one juror believe the defendant may not be guilty? How could he convince the rest that there is reasonable doubt? Despite the fact I feared these questions would receive fob-offs, I was still hopeful an intelligent investigation would be crafted around them. But no. Straight away, the film deliberately loads the dice by having certain jurors holding prejudiced or otherwise undesirable traits, while the dissenting voice is calm, collected, and supremely open-minded. That's a cliche, and a very common Leftist tactic (you'll see it a lot on shows like Star Trek).

The film takes each of the facts above and finds an alternate explanation for them (usually absurd), such as the knife could have fallen out of the defendants pocket and the true murderer used an identical knife (this is the fantastic explanation given by our Leftist hero). The film has a moronic moment when the 'hero' pulls out a knife he has bought (illegally), which appears identical to the one in question. The idea being that it isn't so rare after all. What a cheap cop-out (and absurd on so many other levels).

There are also a few silly moments, like the jury discussing why the defendant would come home a few hours later if he had indeed done the crime. Not one of them mentions that the defendant lives there and would have to come back home in order to allay fears that he was the murderer. It's part of an alibi. It's what any murderer would do in this situation. What else is he going to do, disappear and hope that the police don't find that a tad suspicious? Nearly every explanation given in favour of the defendant is absurd or complete conjecture.

When you string all the known facts together, the chances of them all being explained away in a fashion that exonerates the defendant is literally millions to one. It's so implausible that no sane jury would acquit. But the writer wants this to happen, so it does (and 12-0 in favour, just in case you missed the point). I love it when writers do that. Don't you?

At one point, the following dialogue takes place:

"No-one can know a thing like that; this isn't an exact science."
"That's right, it isn't."

Okay, then, let's just forget putting people on trial because we can hardly ever be 100% sure that they did the crime in question, can we?

So, let me finally come to why this kind of thinking is dangerous to a society: The number of victims created by having no deterrent, or by allowing dangerous criminals to go free, is FAR GREATER than the absolute minority case where an innocent person is found guilty. This is something that the Progressives can never get into their heads, largely because they usually live in rich areas, sheltered from harsher life, and have never been on the receiving end of badness. Well, I have. Some people cannot be reasoned with and are far too broken to be rehabilitated. They are like a dangerous dog - and we all know what we do to those. We don't try to change the nature of a dangerous dog because we know it's futile, and we know that by ignoring the dangerous dog, we are just risking more innocent lives. This really isn't rocket science, it's just that the Leftist types (who have a huge stranglehold on the media/TV) refuse to budge, and muddy the waters with their insane Progressive agenda. Films like this create a huge problem for the law abiding and innocent - one that is largely being ignored.

People cheering this movie are cheering for a violent thug, who got away with first-degree murder. It's not hip, it's just dumb. Wake up.

My rating: 3/5

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2015-10-19 00:51:44 »
We know you better than you know yourselves. You're strong, hard working, and you can build, but you're better at destroying than you are at creating. Your minds are woefully inadequate... but you're fit for the tasks we require.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2015-10-28 01:57:17 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2015-10-29 17:07:29 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2015-11-14 07:32:22 »
Paris: What happens when you allow a crazy religion to thrive and have no border controls.

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2015-11-14 17:19:41 »
Paris: What happens when you allow a crazy religion to thrive and have no border controls.
Don't forget gun control. Because as we all know, it eliminates gun-related violence.

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #199 on: 2015-11-14 19:04:08 »

If you think this happened because of religion you know nothing. I'd better say "Paris: What happens when you allow USA to intervene anywhere, anytime, for the sake of capitalism." And it's ironic the fact that they're killing us with the weapons we sold them.

Anyway, back to the topic, funny cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5xSxGhlHfc