Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008036 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] The Reunion
« Reply #150 on: 2014-01-17 02:44:39 »
What is LoadR folder?  This installer doesn't touch anything like that.  It should only delete dlls if you selected to.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #151 on: 2014-01-17 03:09:14 »
It's the folder that has all the .dlls when you use more than one. It works with the Multi.dll. I noticed it was missing after uninstalling the Reunion because the game asked me to insert disk 3 when I tried to load a save. It deleted the whole folder, including the FF7anyCDv2.dll, and converted games wont work without it.

It also deletes the whole mod\reunion folder, which also has like grimmys magic mod and Ozmys field textures along with the reunions MO pngs. I keep backups so it's not a big deal, just thought I'd mention when you uninstall it removes a bit more than just the reunion.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-17 03:15:01 by cmh175 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2014-01-17 07:24:55 »
You mean the "Dll_in" folder.  That should be the only one it deletes.  I'll make sure that it just places all these files in backup on an install.

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2014-01-17 13:17:08 »
Hello,
I am replaying the game with the retranslation (amazing how it clears some things up), and I'd like to report a couple of possible bugs I've noticed so far. The first I am not so sure about. When you reach Wall Market for the first time around the save point there's a guy with red spiky hair and glasses walking up and down. When you talk to him he will comment about Aerith saying that she is "a real beaut". I am not sure if the lack of the final Y is indeed a mistake or, it's an attempt to give the character an accent, something I noticed the translator likes to do. Anyway just throwing it out there.

The second one occurs when going back to sector 7 after the train graveyard bit. If you talk to the train attendant he will say "I heard a rumour that the plate is going to brought down, but I've worked at this station for years. I can't bear to leave.” I think there should be a "be" between to and brought?
« Last Edit: 2014-01-17 18:16:38 by Red46 »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #154 on: 2014-01-17 13:46:28 »
I suppose, not sure. I only know about the LOADR folder because I looked it up when my game wouldn't get past the insert disk screen. It was added by Kompass63's converter with the FF7anyCDv2.dll inside it and the Multi.dll in the main directory. I guess he did it that way so you can add others like the toggle run .dll. I'm not sure how the Dll_in folder works and if it comes with a Multi.dll too that's overriding the original. Unless the Reunion also has something to by pass the insert disk screen then the LOADR folder and Multi.dll are left untouched after an installation. Is it possible a copy of each could be automatically added to the back up folder?         

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2014-01-17 18:41:29 »
Guy sitting at the bar, in Wutai:

"They say the god was a like a huge snake."

"a like a"

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2014-01-17 18:48:34 »
Red46, the attendant dialogue is indeed wrong.  Beaut is fine. 

I have also amended the Wutai dialogue Kalkano.

Thanks for those!

Covarr will not be best pleased :P  But seriously, I went through game dialogue 5 times including with Word.. and you can never get them all.

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2014-01-17 19:57:11 »
It's definitely much more polished than you would expect, for the first release of a fan translation project. So, your extra playthroughs paid off.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2014-01-17 20:08:58 »
Covarr will not be best pleased :P  But seriously, I went through game dialogue 5 times including with Word.. and you can never get them all.
I struggled proofreading Wutai. The pagoda was such a pain because of varying styles of speech that I'm not surprised I overlooked things elsewhere in that area.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #159 on: 2014-01-18 01:08:38 »
Possible graphical error, although it looks like a plus sign so it may be because I have it paired with the Omni All Materia.

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2014-01-18 03:54:19 »
During the Gold Saucer date, when she asks if you enjoy spending time with her, Cloud's response animations seem backwards.  The response seems right.  It's just the animation that's backwards.

What I mean is, if I choose yes, he shakes his head no.  If I choose no, he shakes his head yes.

Edit:  I just found a minor inconsistency with the Fort Condor battles.  The guy at the window says, "Oh, and you can now use Bomb Catapults."  But, when you're placing them, they're called "Fire Catapult".
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 05:42:53 by Kalkano »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2014-01-18 09:19:55 »
Kalkano, the "fire catapult" is wrong, but that's because the Fort Condor files need editing.  Someone else can do that, I really don't want to start messing with Fort Condor font. (It has to be changed with photo editor, not text).  A Bomb Catapult is literally the enemy Bomb fired in a catapult.  The original localiser obviously didn't get that.  I have not touched animations (Are you sure they are backwards, and that they were correct without Reunion?). It could be another ts issue with questions.

@mugenginga, the + sign is the same as the old red arrow used to be.  It is informing you that the action has All applied. It is intended.  Also your screen resolution is wrong.  For window mode use 960*720 and you'll get far better results.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 09:35:58 by DLPB »

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #162 on: 2014-01-18 19:59:01 »
@Dan - Oh wow, thanks, I wasn't sure what screen size to use. I was intending on doing at least one replay anyways so I'll definitely edit that. ^_^

Any updates on about when we can expect the FMV retranslations?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2014-01-18 21:50:25 »
Girlfriend is over and I am unhappy that I have to reencode the fmv.  But I'll get round to it.

knightsoftheround

• View Profile
    • Online Art Gallery
« Reply #164 on: 2014-01-18 22:44:55 »
Girlfriend is over and I am unhappy that I have to reencode the fmv.  But I'll get round to it.

Oh, wasn't intending to rush! Take all the time you need, girlfriends and relationships are definitely more important than little things like this. ^_^

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2014-01-18 23:01:39 »
Is this line weird? It sounds weird to me but I'm not much of a culturally fluent person so it could just be me.  After you finish the Gi Cave boss, Bugenhagen says, "Because of you people, we survived." It made me think of this.

Also I hope I'm not nitpicking, I'm just trying to provide as much feedback as I can since this is r01.  Overall the localization feels spot on and already very polished.

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2014-01-18 23:05:36 »
I have not touched animations (Are you sure they are backwards, and that they were correct without Reunion?). It could be another ts issue with questions.

I'm not sure if it was like that in the original game.  Details:

"Don't you like being with me?"  ->  Choose "Yeah" -> *vigorously shakes head "no"* -> "Well, that's a relief"
"Don't you like being with me?"  ->  Choose "Not really" -> *Nods "yes"* -> "Oh, don't tease!"

Edit:  Minor gripe.  Wouldn't you consider "Malboro" to be series canon?  I chose that option, but it's called "Morbor".
« Last Edit: 2014-01-18 23:57:29 by Kalkano »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2014-01-18 23:58:12 »
Read the main document linked to on page 1.  It is very likely Morbor.  That;s why it is used and anything there in blue or orange will not be changed.  I will not be adding get out clauses for every tom dick and harry. :)  It's already ridiculous that I am adding any alternatives at all, but "Morbor" enemy is not consistent through the series, which is why I decided against adding it to canon options.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 09:58:00 by DLPB »

Red46

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-01-19 06:14:27 »
I've just reached rocket town, and when I speak to the old man that offers me to look up at the rocket with him, regardless of what I choose, Cloud shakes his head to say no.

I had a quick look at the script for the dialog in that area and found out what the cause is. Looking at the script for the old man in makou we see this:

"Ask Question "“The rocket is called Shin-Ra 26. I... it with me?” Look up Don't look up" in the window #3 (and put selected answer in Var[5][8]) first line=1, last line=2"

but then just under that at line 106 we have:

"If Var[5][8] == 0 (else go to label 16)" So, regardless of what we select, we'll always end up with a different value than 0, thus triggering the script that shows Cloud declining the offer.

Replacing the set value in Ask question, causes the cursor to glitch, but replacing the 0 with 1 in "If Var[5][8] == 0 (else go to label 16)" makes everything work properly.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 06:21:13 by Red46 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2014-01-19 09:56:48 »
This is a known issue. Options in the game may be broken in some places with that installer. I think I might need to make a "known issues" list.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 09:58:59 by DLPB »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #170 on: 2014-01-19 12:29:28 »
Issue:

i can't  enter the "Group Hive" while at the Honey Bee in. you can tell the lady your ready but she will not open the door

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2014-01-19 12:31:10 »
Issue:

i can't  enter the "Group Hive" while at the Honey Bee in. you can tell the lady your ready but she will not open the door

That is weird...  the issue with questions should not prevent you going in there.  What about other rooms?  Are you sure you used a clean flevel before you started?  If you are using used flevel from old Menu project there wil;l be issues.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-19 13:44:46 by DLPB »

Kalkano

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2014-01-19 15:06:35 »
Issue:

Someone mentioned this earlier, and it helped me get past that part.  The problem seems to be that you're standing in the way, and she can't get to the door.  If you answer the question a second time, but select no, she somehow gets through and opens it anyway (still trying to, from the first time).

Asshiah

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2014-01-19 19:15:17 »
I had the probleme too.

I had to answer No when she asked me if it was the room i choosed in order to be able to enter.

I I answered Yes, she only got back to the center of the room. When I answered No, she opened the door.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2014-01-19 20:48:10 »
A lot of these errors have been fixed for R02.  They were unavoidable with that release.  touphscript tries to correctly place options when they are changed, and it fails because FF7 shares vars.