Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007719 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4625 on: 2019-06-03 16:41:40 »
Reunion database prob has them listed.

rotschleim

• View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: 2019-06-03 23:59:55 »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but--to reiterate the current plans, R06 is going to be a big bug fix and enhancement update, and R07 is going to be the big translation update? I only check in on this thread intermittently, so I don't really keep up with decisions and such.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: 2019-06-04 00:21:20 »
It's all being updated all the time.

Again - THE REUNION DATABASE.

;D ;D ;D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4628 on: 2019-06-04 07:37:41 »
Reading is too much work apparently.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: 2019-06-04 13:06:35 »
Thanks DLPB for answering my question about what parts are required vs optional. I really appreciate your transparency. The Reunion Database is a great example of transparency, too, so thanks for that, too. I think that will go a long way with people and give them more confidence to use Reunion.

Understanding how the different "pieces" of Reunion depend on each will also make it easier to support, I think, regardless of whether they are using any other mods. And if these "dependencies" could be defined in a general way, it could be more easily incorporated into 7H, which I know you're not crazy about, but at the same time 7H is potentially a great medium to advertise Reunion and get more adoption. We can discuss more details outside this thread, though. :D

PetrucciJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: 2019-06-04 16:34:23 »
Just a heads-up. I tried checking the videos that showcase the differences from the original translation with Beacause, but the links don't seem to work. Also, is it safe to assume that all new versions of this mod will not make it as .iro files for 7th Heaven usage?

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4631 on: 2019-06-05 20:46:01 »
Hi! Looking at first page FAQ:
Q. There is a problem with X.
A. Please check The Reunion Database to be sure this hasn't already been noted, and also make sure that no other mod is creating the problem before posting.

Q. Will The Reunion work with X?
A. I don't take any interest in other mods, so I don't know.

Q. Can you please add support for X?
A. I no longer take any requests.

Q. I use 7th Heaven, and I have this problem...
A. 7th Heaven issues don't belong here.

As per DLPB's statement (here), Reunion 06 "should work with 7H though it's largely meant to be used on its own and for modders to arrange mods for it".

For videos down no idea.

rotschleim

• View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: 2019-06-05 23:35:34 »
R05 is a significant improvement, yes.  But R07 will be the finalization and I'd wait for it.  R06 will at least be a very good update of the translation, but it won't be 100% signed off until R07. This is because R07 will have a completed proof check by Shikun, and a final revision. Grammar will massively be improved also.  The dialogue windows will be placed properly.

thanks
« Last Edit: 2019-06-05 23:39:39 by rotschleim »

Spooniest

• View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: 2019-06-06 00:46:52 »
Reading is too much work apparently.

As is being polite, apparently.

Tails

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: 2019-06-06 01:42:04 »
Is there absolutely no way to only install the Beacause mod WITHOUT the Menu Enhancement? Or to delete/replace certain files to bring the original menu back?

I really dislike the menu enhancement...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: 2019-06-06 08:41:42 »
Can you tell me what you dislike ?  What specifically - so I can address it if it's an issue.

And maybe send a screenshot.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: 2019-06-06 14:43:51 »
As is being polite, apparently.
If you think that was impolite, you ought to try hanging around the LKML or misc@ mailing lists  :mrgreen:

Tails

• View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: 2019-06-06 18:51:38 »
Can you tell me what you dislike ?  What specifically - so I can address it if it's an issue.

And maybe send a screenshot.

I'm pretty sure it's not an issue. I just dislike it compared to the Steam version.

There is no "Quit" button (I can get around that, though), the pop-ups are slower in battle, and the little arrow beside the magic name that indicated the "All" property from the All Materia ("Bio >" for exemple), was easier for me to notice/process than the "All" in the bottom-right corner of the battle menu.

The menu without the enhancements just seems crispier and more practical for me.

Darkorth

• View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: 2019-06-06 18:59:27 »
Hello all, I'm new here

I'm trying to install this mod but I'm receiving the "Incorrect File Size" error although my version is original

Unfortunately enough I bought the game in 2012 from the Square Enix store and I'm stuck with that version protected with secuROM (which I have to e-mail every time anything happens to my pc to reinstall the game)

I've searched the database / googled a bunch and I cannot find this issue anywhere posted

Was this reported by anybody?

Is there a workaround to get the mod installed?

Here's a screenshot of an e-mail from square-enix from today authorizing more activations on SecuROM as proof I am not a filthy pirate

https://imgur.com/a/NpaPVen

Many Thanks beforehand!

AssailantLF

• View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: 2019-06-07 15:24:09 »
Did you use the special Square Enix converter as specified in the README?

"If you wish to install The Reunion, but have the English Square Enix version, please use this game converter first: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0"

Darkorth

• View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: 2019-06-07 19:20:07 »
Did you use the special Square Enix converter as specified in the README?

"If you wish to install The Reunion, but have the English Square Enix version, please use this game converter first: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0"

Apparently I lack the basic ability to read and follow instructions

I'll make sure I do have a problem next time

Thanks!

[EDIT]

I converted the game and it still get the incorrect file size error!  :-\ :-(

[EDIT 2]

So I finally found out my issue: the converter copied all the files including FF7_EN.exe from the original installed copy from square, the installer from Reunion was finding that file and flagging it as filthy piracy  :-P

I installed it but had to remove it since it broke my installation of Remako, but I'm totally sure that's something I did wrong for sure (or I am simply not supposed to install them together, it says R03 was tested, not the current one)

Anyway many many thanks to everyone
« Last Edit: 2019-06-08 07:56:39 by Darkorth »

Winter

• View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: 2019-06-08 19:58:59 »
Can I use it together with 7th Heaven? It seems only r03 version is listed in the program and the 60fps fix isn't available with it.

AssailantLF

• View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: 2019-06-09 14:55:16 »
Can I use it together with 7th Heaven? It seems only r03 version is listed in the program and the 60fps fix isn't available with it.

The OP says:
"Q. I use 7th Heaven, and I have this problem...
A. 7th Heaven issues don't belong here."

but, speaking from my own experience, it is compatible with most 7th heaven mods:

0. Start with a clean slate, uninstall FF7, Reunion, and 7th Heaven, and clean registry keys via FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
1. Install FF7
2. Install 7th heaven as you would, including whatever 7H mods you want
3. In FF7's directory, rename ff7_en.exe to anything else, like ff7_en_steam.exe
4. Install R05c via its installer
5. Under 7th Heaven Settings, change the "Aali's modpath" (aka Textures path in newer versions) from [ff7-dir]\mods\Textures to [ff7-dir]\mods\Reunion

If you have further issues, I recommend making a thread in the 7th Heaven subforum, as this isn't supposed to be a 7th Heaven help thread.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-09 14:57:53 by AssailantLF »

Winter

• View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: 2019-06-09 17:54:43 »
The OP says:
"Q. I use 7th Heaven, and I have this problem...
A. 7th Heaven issues don't belong here."

but, speaking from my own experience, it is compatible with most 7th heaven mods:

0. Start with a clean slate, uninstall FF7, Reunion, and 7th Heaven, and clean registry keys via FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
1. Install FF7
2. Install 7th heaven as you would, including whatever 7H mods you want
3. In FF7's directory, rename ff7_en.exe to anything else, like ff7_en_steam.exe
4. Install R05c via its installer
5. Under 7th Heaven Settings, change the "Aali's modpath" (aka Textures path in newer versions) from [ff7-dir]\mods\Textures to [ff7-dir]\mods\Reunion

If you have further issues, I recommend making a thread in the 7th Heaven subforum, as this isn't supposed to be a 7th Heaven help thread.
Thanks for the reply!

Nevertheless, you did a great job with the modification!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: 2019-06-11 23:15:51 »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-zIeXvOGCB6vO_csQ9JNJtJyWUP6I62/view?usp=sharing

BoxFF7 has been updated for R06 and now supports UTF8 and custom chars - as R06 does.  So that's another barrier out of the way.

Rookie_One

• View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: 2019-06-12 13:20:12 »
oooohhh nice!

Tails

• View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: 2019-06-12 22:14:47 »
Sorry I'm repeating myself, but I'm actually considering either abandoning the game or playing the game without the mod (which is a shame because the fan translation is great). I really can't stand the menu enhancement mod. I feel like I am obligated to NOT speed up the ATB in the settings, because if I do, I'm putting myself on disadvantage because of how slow the menu is. I even had a Chocobo run from me before I could navigate through the menu to pick the greens.

But then, if I leave the default speed on, I start dreading every combat encounter because of how slow it feels.

Matski

• View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: 2019-06-13 16:12:35 »
Best bet is to wait for R06. IIRC, the 60FPS mod has been reworked for the upcoming version. It should provide smoother menu use.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-13 16:15:00 by Matski »

AssailantLF

• View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: 2019-06-13 17:00:24 »
I'm pretty sure it's not an issue. I just dislike it compared to the Steam version.

There is no "Quit" button (I can get around that, though), the pop-ups are slower in battle, and the little arrow beside the magic name that indicated the "All" property from the All Materia ("Bio >" for exemple), was easier for me to notice/process than the "All" in the bottom-right corner of the battle menu.

The menu without the enhancements just seems crispier and more practical for me.

Sorry I'm repeating myself, but I'm actually considering either abandoning the game or playing the game without the mod (which is a shame because the fan translation is great). I really can't stand the menu enhancement mod. I feel like I am obligated to NOT speed up the ATB in the settings, because if I do, I'm putting myself on disadvantage because of how slow the menu is. I even had a Chocobo run from me before I could navigate through the menu to pick the greens.

But then, if I leave the default speed on, I start dreading every combat encounter because of how slow it feels.

1. On the lack of a quit button: Press alt+f4. I believe the removal of 'quit' is merely a limitation of current FF7 modding.

2. On slower menus/pop-ups: I did some testing between R05c and *just* 60 fps by itself. In terms of speed, the only difference is that R05c Menu takes a fraction of a second longer to load menus/pop-ups (before they become usable/back-out-able). This affects battle menus, the main pause menu, and possibly others. To see this yourself, try repeatedly going in and out of menus as fast as possible, with and without Menu installed. I can see how this could be a big issue with fast, hectic battles.

This should definitely be addressed in R06 if it isn't already.   EDIT: eh, it's not that big of a deal. Judge for yourselves.

...But personally FF7 is such an easy game that I haven't had any menu-related issues in my ~12 hours of play at %80 battle speed and 'recommended' ATB. Maybe that's why no one has noticed or brought it up until now?

3. On the lack of a red 'All' indicator arrow: I totally didn't notice it was gone, but now that I do, I miss it. The 'all' indicator was objectively useful by allowing you to get more info at a glance, and I don't understand the rational behind removing it. There should at least be an option to keep it.

4. On a Chocobo running away because the menus were too slow: Change ATB to Wait while you catch a Chocobo and then when you're done, switch it back. This isn't too much of a hassle, is it?

Best bet is to wait for R06. IIRC, the 60FPS mod has been reworked for the upcoming version. It should provide smoother menu use.

The slower R05c menus have nothing to do with 60FPS, believe it or not. It's all the Menu modifications. I just did the same testing as above, but minus 60 fps for both R05c and unmodded to the same results.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-13 21:09:05 by AssailantLF »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: 2019-06-13 19:55:11 »

Clearly, I'm not going to start reprogramming and rehashing on the basis of a few disgruntled people with the most bizarre complaints ever. You are free to use the mod or not - but I am not going to cater to your whims. I'm free to make this mod how I see fit.

As for the speed, I am not sure what exactly you're seeing but it isn't in line with what I am - or the vast majority of people. Not only is menu access the same speed for items, when using page up and down, it's actually faster - as it has 4 items per page and not 3. Clearly, your install isn't right.

Also note, Chocobos running away is based on its turn - not how long it takes you to access the menu.

I can see how this could be a big issue with fast, hectic battles.

You state it's a fraction of a second different for opening menus (due to making it smooth transition) and yet you seem to think this translates to losing or winning a battle.  Utter nonsense.

I'm not going to be changing it.

It's unfathomable to me how anyone can look at all the benefits in the changes, pick out a few ridiculous niggles, and then come here demanding change.  I'd use stronger words, but then I'd be moderated again.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-13 20:07:18 by DLPB »