Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 275808 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)
« Reply #450 on: 2015-10-16 12:35:27 »
Hardcore mod is just a difficulty mod, so you'll only see changes with the battles after Disc 1. You will also encounter some added bosses through the end of the game.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2015-10-16 13:19:40 »
That's enough for me. Although what happens to the job class stat growth and new materia/skills after Nightmare?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2015-10-16 17:43:18 »
This mod won't turn into the Hardcore Mod going through Disc 2, specifically because you'll still be using N7 items, equipment, characters, etc. Also, I'm fairly sure that every enemy has had their stats jacked up so it'll be a completely different experience on that front as well. Problem is, you'll likely encounter crashes/soft-locks while going through Disc 1 as there are bosses and enemies with AI problems or attacks that haven't been properly set with an animation (only Midgar was fully completed).

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2015-10-16 18:56:58 »
Oh hey SC! Dunno if you remember me but your New Threat Mod was awesome and you helped me out  because my stupid mods made it so some things didn't work right. It was a lot of fun.

I was just looking to try my hand at another mod that changed the gameplay. But if it's as incomplete as you say, maybe I'll just do gjoe's Hardcore mod.

Trtreiber

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2015-11-27 12:00:09 »
Just a quick question:

Was playing nightmare mode (loving it though it ends pretty much fully after you leave Midgar) but still...

When I got to the world map, the song playing in the background... WHAT IS IT?  It sounds super produced professionally, very orchestral and has like choir like singing throughout, really awesome song.  I've tried everything to figure it out and cannot seem to find it (used a song look up app on my iphone, tried looking through the files directly specifically this song which is titled ta.mp3 under the custom music part, obviously scoured through anything online and this site qhimm forums)  It's specifically from the Nightmare OST which is AMAZING but it's bugging me about the first overworld map song cuz I'm sure that I've heard it somewhere else before but cannot figure it out for the life of me...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
TT

mobhunter911

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2015-12-02 04:18:25 »
is this active. i am loving this mod but it is glitchey for me even in  the church. when leaving the church. possible crash.   also i cannot get aerith to give me the restore materia. has anyone else come across this problem.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #456 on: 2015-12-09 04:20:43 »
Just a quick question:

Was playing nightmare mode (loving it though it ends pretty much fully after you leave Midgar) but still...

When I got to the world map, the song playing in the background... WHAT IS IT?  It sounds super produced professionally, very orchestral and has like choir like singing throughout, really awesome song.  I've tried everything to figure it out and cannot seem to find it (used a song look up app on my iphone, tried looking through the files directly specifically this song which is titled ta.mp3 under the custom music part, obviously scoured through anything online and this site qhimm forums)  It's specifically from the Nightmare OST which is AMAZING but it's bugging me about the first overworld map song cuz I'm sure that I've heard it somewhere else before but cannot figure it out for the life of me...

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
TT

TA is SHI-KI from the Shiki anime OST, track 22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8h30eGlmmI

roxas86

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2015-12-24 10:37:00 »
Hello everyone, I am a long time I enter the forum , I wanted to know the progress of the mod nightmare , if by chance had been completed : ) ...... if it were full thing which files ( torrents ) I download ( link ) thanks to all and wish Merry Christmas ; )

tuecer

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2016-01-12 09:51:05 »
Decided to pick up FF7 again to mess with and decided to give this a whirl. I hope that this hasn't been dropped forever, as the concept seems very nice, and I'm enjoying the fresh aspects of this while we await the full on remake.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2016-01-12 09:57:36 »
It's dropped forever, unfortunately.

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2016-01-16 10:45:07 »
I GIVE UP What is the combination to the safe in Shinra mansion in this mod

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2016-01-16 11:15:48 »
Most of this mod actually works great for me, a few issues with the game crashing entering battles.

Like at the first reactor, the was a random battle in the exact same spot before reaching the boss, I used save anywhere and disabled the mod until I cleared that screen. Again just before the plate fell, there was a 'random' battle in the exact same position every load so I did the same as above. Then again when getting the chocobo materia after talking to the chocobos (and dancing) the battle initializes but just before the battle menus appear it crashes. Same again during the flashback after the monster breaks out of the pod, crashes just after loading, bit of a bugger but not to much of an issue 7th Heaven is amazing I just disable the difficulty mod and then reenable after that points that had issues. Loving the battles so far the only infuriating one I had was Tseng and that other guy, when pretty much everyone is afflicted with confuse I sort  of sat back and waited for one party to kill the other, amazing I (or the AI) won. But thats probably my Materia setup to blame.

Main fix is I turn off all random battles and thats avoided most issues. Thanks again for the great work you put into this. But yeah If you remember the safe combination let me know, I realized there are a few posts about it earlier, so sorry for being a broken record and missing them.

Kryalis

« Reply #462 on: 2016-04-30 11:21:23 »
I can download the Battle.LGP and Nightmare OST files but why can't I download the Core files and Char.LPG files?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2016-04-30 11:44:59 »
Links probably died after the author dropped the project. t's only completed up to the point you leave Midgar, so I wouldn't worry about this one.

New Threat is the top gameplay mod. Go check it out :)

Kryalis

« Reply #464 on: 2016-04-30 13:05:58 »
Mind linking it?

chocobo_knight

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2016-05-03 16:52:56 »
I went to download the mod and the links are dead.

Kryalis

« Reply #466 on: 2016-07-27 14:59:09 »
In the OST what's the name of the song that replaces the Bombing Mission song? The sound file is ob if you need to know which one I mean.

mobhunter911

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2019-09-09 21:45:15 »
HELLO PLEASE HELP ME , i have missplaced my files to play the game, in this total conversion, i recall an installer or something, i dont know, i havnt played since my brother passed away, i have been trying to piece the files together one at a time, can someone please help me. anyone have them, can host a lil please...

lupo90

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2020-10-03 17:24:42 »
Can you please provide a link to the mod?

I know this has been discontinued, still this is one of my favourites if not my favourites among all mods,

Thank you!

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2021-04-09 03:38:56 »
Honestly glad for the down links, this mod uses my demo without permission and is the reason why I have not uploaded anything else.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #470 on: 2021-04-09 05:17:05 »
it should be a rule that if a mod uses work from another modder then the modder must not only consent, but also must be credited in the OP of its thread, AND the readme, or else its not allowed to be posted here

i have another minor issue in which i've gained Panteleimon's consent to fork his UI mod, but he used some team avalanche stuff in his mod without proper crediting and now i dont know who made what and who to credit, this would solve issues like that as well - as well as make everyone feel a bit more protected in contributing content here

lupo90

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2021-06-25 12:05:30 »
I get what you mean but there's no profit in this content as it is free, and for preservation purposes, it is useful if someone would be so kind to post an archive as there cannot be found any
Thanks all!  :mrgreen:

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2023-01-13 17:17:17 »
So does anyone still have Active links and/or the Files saved on their computer? I'd love to play this mod to see how chaotic, glitchy, and hard it was, but I can't find any valid links or know anyone active claiming to have the Core files either.

lupo90

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2023-01-15 23:17:26 »
So does anyone still have Active links and/or the Files saved on their computer? I'd love to play this mod to see how chaotic, glitchy, and hard it was, but I can't find any valid links or know anyone active claiming to have the Core files either.

Still no links found, if anyone finds any link please do share with us.
For those who will play it if we find it, there's a system of hidden items throughout the game. Such hidden items do not shine nor have a chest, there's just a sound played, and if that area is examined, you may find weird or great items.