Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 275806 times)

invie

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)
« Reply #425 on: 2014-10-08 05:53:02 »
No, healing items heal LESS outside of battle by design. So yes this is intentional.

Tenko i'm probably an noob when comes to installing these type of mods, but i tried a few times with no success without bootleg, the folders the install process is different from mine, I use steam verison, confused where to put where,  example..

( Nightmare OST ) (Compatible with Steam. Put these in the music/vgmstream folder in the ff7 directory, i don't have that directory, i have a music folder but its in data/music, or data/music_ogg

And Also, how do i know if my verison is current? mine looks like some videos i seen, but not sure if its right, kinda guessed on it.

The way i did it was installed bootleg with nightmare mod, then manual installed core files and other files seems to be working
« Last Edit: 2014-10-08 05:57:59 by invie »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #426 on: 2014-10-08 06:15:55 »
Each file I supply, excluding the OST, replaces an existing file with the same name. At worst, unrar the .rar and then search the directory for a file with that name and replace that file with the same named file I supplied.

The way i did it was installed bootleg with nightmare mod, then manual installed core files and other files seems to be working

I do not support an install method like that. You might have to run a Steam-to-98 converter (Somewhere in the forum but I don't know if it's necessary.) Alternatively, do a bootleg install with just the graphical options and then install my mod. But since I supply a char.lgp and battle.lgp, you will have to install custom models again.

If you have a music folder in /data, put the OST there and if that doesn't work (You will know immediately upon starting the game, at the prelude screen, even before starting a new game) just create the music/vgmstream folder yourself

And Also, how do i know if my verison is current? mine looks like some videos i seen, but not sure if its right, kinda guessed on it.
By downloading the files from the first page of this thread (and the flevel from my twitter) and using these files and these files only. Everything else is unsupported.

You are missing the updated OST, the updated flevel (important) and who knows what else is messed up. Not supported.

YourSorrow

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2014-10-27 23:50:18 »
I can download all but the Char.lgp Mega just keeps throwing out an error on that file only. Anywhere else it's uploaded?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #428 on: 2014-10-27 23:52:06 »
I didn't upload it anywhere else because it's so big.
You CAN create the necessary char.lgp manually but I really can't recommend it.
To create the char.lgp manually, you need to look at the Aerith Revival mod from Ultima Espio. You basically need to add the animation files from that mod to your char.lgp
thats pretty much it

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2014-11-01 18:20:17 »
A noob question but is this mod complete for 3 cds? I was playing harcore mod and is great but this mod have it and a lot of interesting new things so... I decide to ask because in enlish I can miss something u_u.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #430 on: 2014-11-01 23:51:19 »
Sorry, but no, it's not complete yet.

Artemis

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2014-11-02 02:20:14 »
Ok thanks! I have to revert the mods now u.u perhaps they should put a hint in bootleg or something because there is not a big sign saying that is not complete. My answer is, if you install it, and you finish disc 1, what happens to 2 and 3, normal gameplay with hardcore?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #432 on: 2014-11-02 16:52:22 »
The beginning of disc 2 is overhauled but after that it's regular hardcore mod gameplay.

mrfranswa

• View Profile
Installation help
« Reply #433 on: 2014-11-18 20:19:26 »
On the front page, it says the following:

(Full Flevel, which is required but I can't link here for drama reasons, on my twitter profile, twitter.com/KuuTenko )

Could someone please link me to this download? I can't find it anywhere. I really want to play this shiz

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #434 on: 2014-11-19 21:03:31 »
If you go to my profile (literally twitter.com/KuuTenko) theres my profile text on the left side. The following text:

Platonic Sadist, Author, Menace to those who enjoy SHIT, Writing Yuri Fanfic of many Fandoms. Nightmare 7 flevel: http://tinyurl.com/k

(Of course I can't post the full tinyurl link here, just go to twitter. The tinyurl link takes you to google drive)

Deadbees

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2014-12-29 19:30:08 »
how's things going? i'm enjoying the mod so far! only played like an hour or so and still not out of the reactor, bad luck with fights after scorpion haha.

During the parts where the voice talks to you, is it supposed to say execute program so and so?

Well keep up the good work, hopefully it's closer to starting disc 3 soon!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #436 on: 2015-01-01 18:57:00 »
Yes, that's intentional

Work on the mod is basically abandoned

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2015-01-04 00:53:44 »
Sorry to hear that I had enjoyed it but was waiting for a more complete version before dabbling too much....

Life must take priority over video games though and when modders are not paid there is not much to do but wish you good luck for your future.

Good luck to you Tenko :)

Thanks for all the work you did  on this mod. 

Alby4t5

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2015-01-06 12:11:18 »
I'm having an issue with this mod regarding the music. I read where to unpack it, and even after making a directory for the files, the game still refuses to play them. Is there anyway someone can give me some help on how to get them properly placed so the game will actually detect that they're there?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #439 on: 2015-01-08 09:47:36 »
You need to have Aali's latest driver installed (which in turn breaks the .exe for some people)
I forgot what exactly it was but you also need to make an entry in your ff7_opengl.cfg file about the music plugin or something

ShinraSoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2015-03-23 05:37:18 »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for asking, but anyone knows what are the numbers to unlock the safe in shinra's mansion?  :)

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2015-03-25 08:58:48 »
The combination is: 36, 10, 59, 97.

All of them are hidden within the Mansion, if you want to find them they way it's supposed to. In the bottom left room near the entrance, there's a letter on the floor which gives you hints about the whereabouts of 3 of the numbers.

The first one tells about the top of a chest, so just check all the treasure chests again after you opened them (it's the one upstairs near the safe).

The second hint "Behind the Ivory's short of tea and ray" might be hard to understand, but it means the piano on the ground floor (maybe because piano keys are made of ivory? Don't know). Look behind it and you'll read the number on the floor.

The third hint refers to a creaking sound that you can hear once you run over a certain spot near a chair in the right wing on the second floor (you have to listen very carefully to hear it). From this spot, go 5 steps left, 9 steps north, 2 steps left and 6 steps north. Search the floor where you'll read the third number.

The fourth number is acutally written on the letter near the entrance, but it's hidden. When the letter lets you select hints to the first 3 numbers, you can actually select an invisible fourth spot below them which tells you the fourth number.

This is the proper way to aquiring all the numbers.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2015-03-25 14:23:29 »
The safe code was changed for Nightmare 7, hopefully the clues are the same.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #443 on: 2015-03-25 19:32:56 »
The clues are different and it's been so long since I last looked at the safe thing, I originally planned to change the clue locations too, that I don't remember the combination anymore. It's fairly easy to check what it is in makou reactor though.

gabrilene

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2015-04-29 07:06:29 »
The clues are different and it's been so long since I last looked at the safe thing, I originally planned to change the clue locations too, that I don't remember the combination anymore. It's fairly easy to check what it is in makou reactor though.
Where exactly in the Nibel reactor can we find the answer? I've been searching for hours and still nada. Can we get it on the first trip to Nibel or do we go back after some events.

gabrilene

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2015-05-01 03:26:51 »
Finally got the Basement Key! I tried solving the puzzle but I keep failing every single time. BTW, there are at least 96,059,601 possible combinations but I just needed one.

I even tried hacking my save file to get the key item using Jenova, Black Chocobo, FFVII Character Editor, Cheat Engine, etc. but the item is still not appearing.

I even tried using modding tools like Makou Reactor, ProudClod, etc. to find the code or to make a duplicate key but still nothing.

Then I realized about ten minutes ago that I still have the vanilla flevel.lgp so I used it instead and used the original 36-10-59-97 code and viola! Now on with the story... after I overwrite the vanilla flevel with the nightmare flevel of course.

another_human

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2015-05-14 18:00:38 »
Hey. Apologies in advance for this but I'm going to ask a ridiculously easy question:
How do I install this mod properly?
I've never really done a significant amount of modding before, but ff7 is my favourite game and when I stumbled on this mod I knew it would be worth a try.

I've downloaded all of the files (including the flevel thing) and pasted them all into the relevant folders with some success. I seem to have every other aspect of the mod working but not the difficulty bit! I've got the character models, the ost, the new lines of script. But still the same difficulty. Have I simply put the core files down wrong?

I'm trying to do this without using bootleg because I can't get that to run on my laptop. Is there some other step that I'm missing out that I should do before I drop the files in? I tried converting my release from Steam to the 97 version but that didn't seem to change a great deal.

Thanks in advance and sorry, again, for being so dense about this.

squallslilbro

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2015-05-19 00:36:24 »
First of all i'd like to say i'm absolutely loving this mod, however i keep getting stuck in some parts and with the lack of a walk through of any sort i'm starting to get extremely frustrated.

anyway im currently stuck on floor 66 of the shinra building and cant seem to stand on the toilet with the only options are to flush or walk away. am i missing something somewhere? I've been round the entire building and cant seem to find anything hint wise. sorry for such a silly question in the thread.

Great work on the mod by the way its a shame you had to quit work on it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #448 on: 2015-06-05 06:23:08 »
Talk to everyone on floor 66 several times
You have to talk to NPC A, then B, then C then D and so forth to get the option

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2015-10-16 12:26:45 »
So even though this mod isn't complete, would you all recommend it? I was looking to replay FFVII all the way through again.

I never played gjoe's hardcore mod so If it that is what the mod turns into after some of Disk 2, it'll still be ne and interesting content, right?