Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4877795 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9625 on: 2020-05-25 21:04:49 »
I'm getting another softlock in the Vector fight. got her down to under 1000 hp, and the game started having trouble. It recovered a few times, with every next choke getting longer until it just stopped completely (music kept going). If I'd have to guess, I'd say it's a memory leak in the AI (the fight was dragging on for quite some time, as it seems my chars are somewhat underpowered), although I have no clue how the memory is managed at all, so that might not actually be possible. I decided to disable all other addons for now, assuming it's an interaction problem somehow.

That sounds odd, if there's an AI problem it'll just hang/soft-lock and won't recover at all. I'll check it over, are you on normal or arrange?

Ok, Sega.. now I have a problem. I spent hours going down the crater. Finally reached the bottom to the part where it the team gives you all the items and the guy appears explaining all the "new threats". However, my PHS is still locked. They only players I can select are Tifa, Cid, and Vincent. I was able to fix this using a save editor, but do you think this will impact the game going forward? The only strange thing I'm noticing so far is that Cloud's ATB resets to blank at the start of every battle.

It won't affect the save file, lock and unlock are just states for the PHS. I'll need to add those flags to the Crater.

Your ATB resetting at the start of a battle is a separate thing that the game does when something is in effect and will be due to something Cloud has equipped (I forget if it's sneak attack, or something else). It was in the base game, but I can't recall what the underlying cause was.

Edit:
I've patched the Crater thing.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 21:29:06 by Sega Chief »

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: 2020-05-25 22:53:36 »
Is it normal that 7th Heaven doesn't let me update? I have to delete NT and then download from the catalog to update.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: 2020-05-26 00:48:20 »
Same here, here's the error:

20:34:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|Mod import progress: Parsing information from mod.xml | 50.00%
20:34:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|Mod import progress: Copying .iro file to library | 75.00%
20:34:19|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\G-Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\mods\7th Heaven\debe4027-3b07-4fab-a45b-d7acb444973a_FF7 NT IRO.iro' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at _7thHeaven.Code.ModImporter.Import(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel.TryImportFromIroArchive()

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: 2020-05-26 03:42:03 »
I checked again, I missed part of the old check. I've replaced it with a key item check which should sort it.
Patches are up.

Just tested it, now the boss fight is triggered normally when I jump down to that sewer area. Thanks Chief!

And before I apply the latest patch, I did a couple of run into the dark cave, each time doing different things in different order.

Here is what I got,

1.) I got out of the cave by going straight into Shinra HQ without picking up the other team members in different sector of Midgar. After leaving dark cave, I'm stuck with Tifa and Barret, all the other members are locked in the PHS.

2.) This time, before heading to Tifa's Bar, I went to pick up Yuffie and Aerith then head back to the bar and rested. After that I switched out Tifa and Barret with Yuffie and Aerith then head to the tower. After reaching the tower, got stucked after Tifa & Barret came out finished their dialog.

And that's it, I tried my best to describe everything. I know its a bit difficult to understand, because English is not my native language. Sorry about that.  :-[

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: 2020-05-26 03:49:15 »
Is it normal that 7th Heaven doesn't let me update? I have to delete NT and then download from the catalog to update.

I made a few updates today so I didn't change the release date in the XML, which is why it didn't detect an update.

Same here, here's the error:

20:34:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|Mod import progress: Parsing information from mod.xml | 50.00%
20:34:19|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|Mod import progress: Copying .iro file to library | 75.00%
20:34:19|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel|System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\G-Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\mods\7th Heaven\debe4027-3b07-4fab-a45b-d7acb444973a_FF7 NT IRO.iro' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at _7thHeaven.Code.ModImporter.Import(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.ImportModViewModel.TryImportFromIroArchive()

I seemed to be able to download it, did you try deleting the previous NT IRO?

Just tested it, now the boss fight is triggered normally when I jump down to that sewer area. Thanks Chief!

And before I apply the latest patch, I did a couple of run into the dark cave, each time doing different things in different order.

Here is what I got,

1.) I got out of the cave by going straight into Shinra HQ without picking up the other team members in different sector of Midgar. After leaving dark cave, I'm stuck with Tifa and Barret, all the other members are locked in the PHS.

2.) This time, before heading to Tifa's Bar, I went to pick up Yuffie and Aerith then head back to the bar and rested. After that I switched out Tifa and Barret with Yuffie and Aerith then head to the tower. After reaching the tower, got stucked after Tifa & Barret came out finished their dialog.

And that's it, I tried my best to describe everything. I know its a bit difficult to understand, because English is not my native language. Sorry about that.  :-[

I didn't think it was possible to go out of Sector 7 before dealing with the pillar. I'll need to check that out.

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9630 on: 2020-05-26 05:45:35 »
That sounds odd, if there's an AI problem it'll just hang/soft-lock and won't recover at all. I'll check it over, are you on normal or arrange?

I'm on normal. It seems things have gone back to stable after disabling all the model mods. Currently I only have the gameplay addon, animations, and the textures (battle/field/world) enabled. FYI: Using 7H and only the mods from the 3.0 catalog to begin with.
Guess I'll keep it like this for now. I don't want to keep you from doing other stuff over some weird interaction between other mods :)

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: 2020-05-26 06:47:15 »
I made a few updates today so I didn't change the release date in the XML, which is why it didn't detect an update.

I didn't think it was possible to go out of Sector 7 before dealing with the pillar. I'll need to check that out.

It is possible, I believe its a glitch. I was able to go out of sector 7 right after I exit the train by fiddling around this area.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: 2020-05-26 09:09:00 »
It is possible, I believe its a glitch. I was able to go out of sector 7 right after I exit the train by fiddling around this area.

That's not caused by the mod, that's a glitch that's part of the normal game. Speedrunners use it all the time.

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: 2020-05-26 12:18:48 »
I dunno if its just been me missing them but I have not seen a single Echo Drop in any shop and I'm now at the point of remedies.  I had to spend a lot of time farming steals for echo drops as silence can be a quick killer if my heal person got silenced.  Basically had to keep them equipped with silence proof the entire time as there wern't any echo drops being found or able to buy them.  Saw basically every other status healing shops, just not the echo drops.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: 2020-05-26 12:26:36 »

Yeah, but even that didn't work. I had to unsubscribe, go into the ff7 mods folder, manually delete the NT mod info in there, restart, and it still gave me that error when I tried to import. However, when I resubscribed, it seemed to have downloaded the newest version!

That said, I figured out the commands thing: It's a bug with ESUI when combined with NT, it's not able to show the enhanced icons. Apparently that's being worked on!

Oh, and since you wanted to change all the commands, you should know there's one point in early disk 2 (after the City of the Ancients but before Gaia's cliff) where it asks you to hit [ok], and this wasn't replaced by a psx button command. I just remember seeing it and figured you'd wanna know =)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: 2020-05-26 12:30:22 »
I dunno if its just been me missing them but I have not seen a single Echo Drop in any shop and I'm now at the point of remedies.  I had to spend a lot of time farming steals for echo drops as silence can be a quick killer if my heal person got silenced.  Basically had to keep them equipped with silence proof the entire time as there wern't any echo drops being found or able to buy them.  Saw basically every other status healing shops, just not the echo drops.

You can steal them from various enemies, usually ones who cause either darkness or silence. Custom Sweepers near Kalm, Madouge's in the Mythril mines, and Cappawires in the forests near Junon all provide Echo Drops =)

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: 2020-05-26 12:31:40 »
You can steal them from various enemies, usually ones who cause either darkness or silence. Custom Sweepers near Kalm, Madouge's in the Mythril mines, and Cappawires in the forests near Junon all provide Echo Drops =)
Oh i Know, thats what I had to do to keep an ok supply of em.  But never saw them in any shop unlike the rest of the status healing items (cornucopia, antidote, etc).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: 2020-05-26 14:43:02 »
I'm on normal. It seems things have gone back to stable after disabling all the model mods. Currently I only have the gameplay addon, animations, and the textures (battle/field/world) enabled. FYI: Using 7H and only the mods from the 3.0 catalog to begin with.
Guess I'll keep it like this for now. I don't want to keep you from doing other stuff over some weird interaction between other mods :)

Maybe it's a vram issue then? Model mods should be compatible, but it sounds like the game is struggling with the assets. Increasing delays sounds like increasing load, so maybe the cache isn't getting cleared properly.

That's not caused by the mod, that's a glitch that's part of the normal game. Speedrunners use it all the time.

The speedrun skip is for the start of the game when two guards block that route, but in this sidequest that route is open and used to get from Sector 7 to Sector 6. Problem is, the route should be temporarily blocked for the pillar then re-opened afterwards so I guess the check on it failed. Maybe it uses the exist check on red/vincent.

I think I changed the Under Junon shop to stock them, and upper Junon should have them as well. The cargo ship shop was changed but not sure what to as the original inventory was just potion/phoenix down. But according to the Wiki I'm seeing that Costa Del Sol, Corel, Gongaga, Cosmo, (maybe Nibel but this wiki says it doesn't stock Ethers when I was fairly sure this is the first place they become available for purchase), Rocket Town, Wutai, Temple, Bone Village, and Mideel all don't have them. The Gold Saucer hotel shop has them but that's a bit out of the way; they should be common to each store on the main story route so I'll swap some shops about to get them in available.

Yeah, but even that didn't work. I had to unsubscribe, go into the ff7 mods folder, manually delete the NT mod info in there, restart, and it still gave me that error when I tried to import. However, when I resubscribed, it seemed to have downloaded the newest version!

That said, I figured out the commands thing: It's a bug with ESUI when combined with NT, it's not able to show the enhanced icons. Apparently that's being worked on!

Oh, and since you wanted to change all the commands, you should know there's one point in early disk 2 (after the City of the Ancients but before Gaia's cliff) where it asks you to hit [ok], and this wasn't replaced by a psx button command. I just remember seeing it and figured you'd wanna know =)

The button icon changes with ESUI seem to work when I try them.

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: 2020-05-26 15:31:39 »
I think I changed the Under Junon shop to stock them, and upper Junon should have them as well. The cargo ship shop was changed but not sure what to as the original inventory was just potion/phoenix down. But according to the Wiki I'm seeing that Costa Del Sol, Corel, Gongaga, Cosmo, (maybe Nibel but this wiki says it doesn't stock Ethers when I was fairly sure this is the first place they become available for purchase), Rocket Town, Wutai, Temple, Bone Village, and Mideel all don't have them. The Gold Saucer hotel shop has them but that's a bit out of the way; they should be common to each store on the main story route so I'll swap some shops about to get them in available.

I'll recheck all of those shops tonight to see if I just missed them but I feel sure I checked every shop along the story and never saw them.

Edit: Whelp i Must of just missed checking a couple of shops.  The under Junon shop did indeed have them and I musta just missed it.  Oh well still having fun regardless.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-27 16:39:44 by dragonmaster0283 »

Jlowe22

• View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: 2020-05-26 19:20:38 »
Hi, sorry if this question has been answered(probably several times), but is all the information correct on the status screens?  For example, the value given for MDef is the real value, and it does what it says it does?  I assume so, but wanted to be sure.

Just recently started this mod, and so far I’m very impressed.  Seems to be a good challenge and I like most of the changes thus far.  I hope it remains challenging to the very end.

Ozscar

• View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: 2020-05-26 21:56:59 »
Hi Sega Chief,

Can't thank you enough for this mod. I have been in awe since I started this.

My one complaint so far:

Would it be possible or you to un-nerf Aerith's limit breaks? I don't think their natural strength would be out of pace with this mod. I'm at the point where she has just learned planet protector. It hasn't seemed to block much of anything. The shield status is nice, however every boss seems to pierce through it. Wall and regen are a bit redundant with 3 cure-all materia equipped and a dedicated barrier placing tank. I am assuming pulse of life and great gospel took a nerf as well? Are the other two limits unchanged or should I give up training her? Her awesome limits were kind of the only reason to use her long-term.

Hope you will consider this request,
Thanks again  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: 2020-05-27 00:21:27 »
Hi, sorry if this question has been answered(probably several times), but is all the information correct on the status screens?  For example, the value given for MDef is the real value, and it does what it says it does?  I assume so, but wanted to be sure.

Just recently started this mod, and so far I’m very impressed.  Seems to be a good challenge and I like most of the changes thus far.  I hope it remains challenging to the very end.

I have the character AI double their defence stats when the battle begins, which is similar to what enemies get; any defence stat listed for enemies is actually doubled by the engine. That's why Guard Scorpion, who sets its Magic Defence to 300 or so in AI, is about as tough against spells as an enemy with about 150 Magic Defence.

Hi Sega Chief,

Can't thank you enough for this mod. I have been in awe since I started this.

My one complaint so far:

Would it be possible or you to un-nerf Aerith's limit breaks? I don't think their natural strength would be out of pace with this mod. I'm at the point where she has just learned planet protector. It hasn't seemed to block much of anything. The shield status is nice, however every boss seems to pierce through it. Wall and regen are a bit redundant with 3 cure-all materia equipped and a dedicated barrier placing tank. I am assuming pulse of life and great gospel took a nerf as well? Are the other two limits unchanged or should I give up training her? Her awesome limits were kind of the only reason to use her long-term.

Hope you will consider this request,
Thanks again  :)

Gospel is the same as before; Peerless + Full Cure, while Pulse of Life is a full restore + KO revive.

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: 2020-05-27 01:35:44 »
The speedrun skip is for the start of the game when two guards block that route, but in this sidequest that route is open and used to get from Sector 7 to Sector 6. Problem is, the route should be temporarily blocked for the pillar then re-opened afterwards so I guess the check on it failed. Maybe it uses the exist check on red/vincent.

I didn't realise the route was temporarily blocked before the pillar, I was able to get out of sector 7 by this route on the first visit to the dark cave.
I just loaded the save to make sure I was not mistaken, I went through that route by pressing the down arrow key then randomly hitting left\right arrow key.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: 2020-05-27 02:44:08 »
Hey Sega - what's up with missing score only having 4 materia slots? I saw this was asked a few months back but never saw a response.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: 2020-05-27 15:53:39 »
I didn't realise the route was temporarily blocked before the pillar, I was able to get out of sector 7 by this route on the first visit to the dark cave.
I just loaded the save to make sure I was not mistaken, I went through that route by pressing the down arrow key then randomly hitting left\right arrow key.

I'm going to check through the entire event because it seems I've used the 'character exists' check for a lot of the scripting but as this has been changed to a PHS Lock instead it's throwing a lot of it off.

Hey Sega - what's up with missing score only having 4 materia slots? I saw this was asked a few months back but never saw a response.

It gains power from AP and is potentially the strongest of the Ultimate Weapons (save for the enemies killed formula but that takes an unfeasible amount of time to build up) so I figured reducing the slots would rein it in a bit.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9645 on: 2020-05-29 14:34:40 »
Having some issues obtaining Max Ray to forge Missing Score in v1.5. been farming the mob it's supposed to drop from, but there's a couple things wrong. The document in the download file says it's a Steal, but I'm getting Pile Bunker (it's a typo, I know) from it. Morphs produce Pile Bunker as well (that much is stated in the file on item locations) and the Golem drops nothing on the reward table (I've killed a LOT of golems).

Should I chalk this up to some bad RNG, or the mod possibly not being installed correctly somewhere?

« Last Edit: 2020-05-29 14:36:42 by Saberfrost »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: 2020-05-29 23:03:08 »
For the drop, you can't Steal anything otherwise it cancels the drop chance from happening. It seems that Armored Golem gets brought up a lot though, so what I'll do is set the Max Ray as the Morph as well.

Saberfrost

• Professional Moron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: 2020-05-29 23:51:26 »
For the drop, you can't Steal anything otherwise it cancels the drop chance from happening. It seems that Armored Golem gets brought up a lot though, so what I'll do is set the Max Ray as the Morph as well.

Ah okay thank you, I thought that may be what was happening after a while. So I'll go at it some more until the next patch. It's only Barret and Yuffies ultimate weapons I'm missing still but no issues with Christopher, I just don't care much for Yuffie lol

carlcamper

• View Profile
« Reply #9648 on: 2020-05-30 02:52:56 »
I have collected all 16 Summoning Materia, and have gone back to the Cosmo Observatory and selected "get closer..." on the Red Mega-Materia, but nothing happens. Isn't this where I get the Master Summon materia? Bugenhagen is gone since I finished Red XIII's Level 4 Limit Break quest.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: 2020-05-30 11:16:47 »
I have collected all 16 Summoning Materia, and have gone back to the Cosmo Observatory and selected "get closer..." on the Red Mega-Materia, but nothing happens. Isn't this where I get the Master Summon materia? Bugenhagen is gone since I finished Red XIII's Level 4 Limit Break quest.

It should work the same way as before, regardless of whether Bugenhagen's around or not. Are they all mastered? They're intended to drop as Mastered, but some have multiple pick-up locations so if any of them aren't then I'll need to adjust that.