Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008463 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The database includes all fixes inc W-Item.  The help file is part of the main download.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-01 19:18:49 by DLPB »

Curlyoxide

• View Profile
https://imgur.com/hHT0KhU - otherbugs/error tab line 74/75

You can hit CTRL+H to find words
« Last Edit: 2020-04-01 14:54:48 by Curlyoxide »

TheMercifulGuard

• View Profile
If I have 7th Heaven, and I want to have 60fps battles, it's already a concrete info that it isn't possible because Reunion and 7th Heaven is incompatible right?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Sorry to bother you again DLPB... don't kill me  ;D
In my quest of porting italian version i've found with makou reactor some field with broken AKAO.. i think it's a known problem and they are in:
sininb1
sininb2
junair2
junone7

These are repaired in R06d - await flevel from it to look over fix (pretty easy - I compared to Japanese psx to get the correct music ID).  Reunion Database updated.  Thank you for the bug report.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Also, after winning the chocobo race, you get put in the buggy on the world map, there is a dialogue box explaining the buggy controls, and after that, there was another dialogue box from Cid that says something like 'Right off wi ya'. Of course, the party hasn't met Cid yet, so that ain't right.

Can anyone confirm if this definitely only happens with retranslation option?  I'll need to know as if not then it isn't a touphscript problem.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
The model overhaul doesn't seem to work for me. Also, I'm having problems with the keyboard again. This is the second laptop it's happened in. It really sucks, I hate the idea of playing with anything other than a keyboard.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
See the first post.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I don't know what part of the first post you want me to read, but I've already reported this problem here once for another notebook. Downloading the ffinput file and putting it in the game's directory didn't help in either case. Frankly, I'd sooner remove it and keep playing the game with the numpad, since that's at least a part of the keyboard, than use a joystick or joypad. The idea of using one of those on a notebook makes no sense to me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
First post tells you read the reunion database before posting bug reports (also a template to post)... something I am repeating on here over and over again. 

Additions               
ff7.exe   N/A   Stopped "Normal" controller config from writing to config.cfg.  Additionally, the default keys have been changed from being the numpad.   DLPB   DLPB   R06d

The issue is resolved as of R06d.  Then we'll see if there are any issues with the fix.  I am well aware of the problem and looking into all controller issues also.  It takes time.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-02 22:57:31 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also, it's not a problem with Reunion - it's a problem with the original 1998 port.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I gathered as much, since the numpad thing was a problem in that version. I suppose I have to wait for R06d's release, then. Sorry for bothering you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
R06d should be out today - Friday - anyway :)

Agravaile

• View Profile
Oooh, that great news! Anything worth to consider before updating? Will it make any changes to installed mods, or you can simply overwrite it with no fear to ruin something?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Only BASE folder is deleted and re-added.

Though options.ini will need to be re-edited.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt1ECbXCS70&t=1m18s

The Reunion (R06d)

Download link Here

--Note that \The_Reunion\BASE folder is always deleted on install. If you have anything saved there that you need, please backup before running the installer.

Please also read read The Reunion - Help.rtf.  For R06e, I'll have made a better tutorial video and created a front end for the options.

Code: [Select]
LATEST CHANGES
03-Apr-2020

Please see The Reunion Database for a full list of bug fixes.

Main changes:

1. Issue with victory fanfare continuing after battle is fixed.
2. Most of the corrupted texture problems are resolved.
3. 60fps Battles will now display gunfire effects.
4. Audio memory leak fixed.
5. Internal messages to DLPB in field script removed.
6. All exe texts now correctly taken from exe.txt when present - including at the naming screen.
7. Certain interpolated animations corrected by Obesebear.
8. All minigames can be skipped.
9. Some FMVs failed to display properly. Fixed by Julian Xhokaxhiu.
10. 60fps Battles will not cause the Slow status to stop model animation.
11. Additional logging to help track down crash issue some people are reporting after battles.
12. Ruby Weapon will now display on world map correctly.  Fixed by usb.
13. "Normal" controller config can no longer write to ff7input.cfg.  Additionally, the default keys have been changed from being the numpad.
14. Rufus' eyes are no longer transparent in battle.  Fixed by Sega Chief.
15. Fixed Names option now works correctly - Cait and Red's dialogue box won't be cut off, for example.
16. Battle help menu button is now L2 [Camera].

Still to-do

1. The finalization of Beacause with correct window positioning (for R07).
2. Finish new submarine minigame.
3. Soldier Quest (for R07).
4. Resume work on main Weapon code.
5. Chocobo Races needs updated chocobo avatars.
6. Address various bugs - especially the broken camera with 60fps Battles  - Mode 2 (Interpolated).
7. A front end for the options
8. Look into a way of dealing with the save location and sharing of save files between 1998 version/The Reunion and Steam.
9. Fix Cloud to display a sword in Aerith's house when on the bed and correctly animate.
10. Look into supporting more functions and buttons on joypads.

I would very much appreciate it if people helped me seed and test the current download :)

Full download mirrors are also appreciated. But give time for any critical bugs to be detected.

Note:

If your keyboard does not have a numpad / cannot detect the numpad, please delete ff7input.cfg from the root folder prior to loading the game.

Once ff7input.cfg is deleted, the default keys will be:

Up: W
Down: S
Left: A
Right: D
Circle / OK: R
X / Cancel: Space
Triangle / Menu: Left Shift
Square / Switch: Tab
L1 / Scroll up: 1
R1 / Scroll down: 2
L2 / Camera: 3
R2 / Target: 4
Select / Assist: Backspace
Start / Pause: Enter

Please set new keys and controls from the main game's Config submenu (Controls > Customize).

« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 04:44:49 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ff7.exe   N/A   "Normal" controller config can no longer write to ff7input.cfg.  Additionally, the default keys have been changed from being the numpad.   DLPB   DLPB   R06d

Correction...  ff7input.cfg is the name of the file.  No idea where I got the name "config.cfg" from...  obviously too sane a name for FF7.

I've also changed these defaults for R06e because they're crap and Space conflicts with the naming screen.  But it will do for now.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 05:05:24 by DLPB »

sylandro

• View Profile
I just checked and Cid is still invisible in Nibelheim's town square, even though the database lists it as fixed:

09.Mar.2020   sylandro   New Translation   Cid's model will be invisible in the main town square at Niblheim (nivl_3).   Fixed as of R06d

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That was definitely fixed [I'm even looking at the code].  Please post reunion.log

edit.  Wow.  That serves me right for trusting code and not actually verifying in field.  Unbelievable.  I have no idea why it's not working.... 
« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 06:49:08 by DLPB »

sylandro

• View Profile
Here's the files, including my save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvxTto9fB-9OnO0jNmwWkgc0iatJ7FC_/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Guess they're not needed anymore :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Ok so that was piss poor of me.  Must have been drunk or tired to miss the problem here.  That's VERY annoying.

-- Fixed and verified.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-03 06:56:42 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
There is a certain texture i want to include in my Reuinon folder which is called btl_win_b_l_12, that's an interface texture for the countdown timer, but very nicely upscaled than the original one and the one that is included in reunion menu folder. But the problem is, when i insert it into textures\menu folder, the timer appears correctly, but other UI elements start to appear as black boxes, especially during battles. Been trying a lot of things, but everytime the result appears the same. If i'd have to guess, the UI is missing related to that texture elements, but i don't want to switch from Reunion's UI since it's the only one i like, others just are not my taste and kinda ruins the menu aesthetic. That timer textures was extracted from Avalanche GUI 2.0.8, i think.

So, it there a way to correctly update ONLY the timer texture, or there is no other way than to completely replace the whole interface?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EhDDmHz8yCslxEuq4K4EbM3np-Mz5y-y/view

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
if the texture includes other graphic elements it's all or nothing. you'd have to create your own custom texture.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I also suggest you all turn off audio.log from now by setting the value to 0 in options.ini.  There's some sort of serious bug here.  Perhaps that's what's caused these crashes after battle?

Agravaile

• View Profile
is it the "Audio_Log_Level = 4" option? I am currently searching trough options.ini and can't find any audio.log options in there.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah set that to 0.