Author Topic: Control bug.  (Read 4047 times)

Chesso

• View Profile
Control bug.
« on: 2005-01-18 11:26:40 »
I applyed the Chocobo patch on FF7 to see if it would still run for me without problems incase i needed it later and found a little bug.

When holding the X(action) button(i have a pad that resembles standard PS1/PS2 dual shock controller) it acts like a rapid fire button so if im talking to a person and hold it in it repeats non stop or if i press it and not let go quick enough(the timing is bad enough to repeat a convo 50% of the time) it talks to them again.

I don't know if this is for any control setup keyboard/pad etc but just thought id let people know though one kool thing is that because my controller is like a PS1/PS2 it set's up the buttons perfectly its like playing the ps version  8)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
Control bug.
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-18 11:37:47 »
I don't know if this should be called a bug, since I can guarantee it's completely unrelated to the Chocobo patch. Sounds like your problem belongs more in Game Tweaking.

Chesso

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-18 12:26:41 »
Before trouble started i was using the original i backed up the main and config executable applied chocobo patch and thats when i noticed the problem. So to make sure it was the patch i overwrote the main and config executables with the backups and the problem is gone.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Control bug.
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-18 12:36:44 »
The chocobo patch does not replace the config executable.  Are you sure you aren't thinking of like the 1.02 patch?

The chocobo patch will not change anything, it only replaces a 4-byte memory offset in ff7.exe to keep the chocobo races from crashing at a faulty instruction.  You can read the technical details here...

Chesso

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-18 12:47:09 »
Sorry couldn't remember exactly and im pretty sure it was the official one or w/e im quite sure because no other patch wil let me run the game it will crash right away.

Ive just tested this again and the same thing happens if it only replaces a small section then even i dont see how it affects it but reproducing this works everytime........

EDIT: Seems no one else has complained about this so perhaps the chocobo patch combination is being gay with DirectInput and my pad or atleast im assuming thats what they are using.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-18 22:20:55 »
Are you sure it's not a problem with your controller?

Are you sure the "action" funtion was recoreded correctly, or that the software isn't bugged up? (I've had awful, awful experiences with those damn controlers.  Buttons sticking, buttons not responding, analogue sticks not responding correctly.. ARG!)

Try playing on the keyboard.  if you get the same problem hitting "enter" on the numpad, then you know it's the game.  Otherwise, its your controller.

Chesso

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-18 22:27:03 »
hmmm this is very strange its the 4th time ive tested it and the problem did not occur with gamepad or keyboard. But when it does happen it lasts throughout playing it so it must be an initilization problem.

Possibly a DirectInput problem with my gamepad.

EDIT: ahhh yes very sorry it is a pad problem there seems to be a hidden little button on the back of the controller that activates turbo for that button only  :-?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #7 on: 2005-01-19 22:08:10 »
And here you were blaming ff7.  FOR SHAME!!!! >=O

=P

Chesso

• View Profile
Control bug.
« Reply #8 on: 2005-01-19 23:26:04 »
lol well atleast it wasnt another bug.