Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837598 times)

Thraxis

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5700 on: 2017-08-01 04:21:36 »
Ok, found an odd graphics glitch on floor 63 of Shinra tower.

Spoiler: A screenshot of the glitch • show

I suspect that it may be an oversized "Mog" due to one of the things sticking up looking somewhat like a tooth, but I admit I may be wrong there with that. Whatever it is though, it's making it difficult to see what is going on on floor 63.

My money is on one of the "item bags" model being blown up for some reason or another. Looks just like one to me and they are on that floor. Could be a corrupted patch possibly? Or some weird rendering issue.

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: 2017-08-01 04:25:05 »
Hmm, during the Shinra HQ Elevator fight, Barret got hit with something that gave both Silence and Darkness, but the Echo Drops don't cure his Darkness.

Already a patch for that on the main post. Check it out !

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: 2017-08-01 04:31:06 »
I have not encountered the floor 63 glitch that Robo Jesus has.
I also did not have this glitch, might be hard to reproduce.
If it helps any for helping repeat and/or identifying what happened, that glitch only popped up once I went up to the machine to start the coupon side-quest. It disappeared after I had exchanged the coupons. :shrugs:

I have no other mods on my game save for the "Always run" mod (which reverses walking and running, and nothing else). :shrugs again:

My money is on one of the "item bags" model being blown up for some reason or another. Looks just like one to me and they are on that floor. Could be a corrupted patch possibly? Or some weird rendering issue.
Ohh, that could possibly fit for what I saw there with that. I'm having no other problems or issues to make me think any of the downloads were corrupted though.

Hmm, during the Shinra HQ Elevator fight, Barret got hit with something that gave both Silence and Darkness, but the Echo Drops don't cure his Darkness.
Yeah, that got brought up a page or so earlier. The current patch Sega put up fixed that problem (along with fixing the targetting of the MegaAll materia, making one of the other battle items reusable again, etc.). Go patch your game already. :P
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 04:36:51 by Robo Jesus »

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: 2017-08-01 04:55:13 »
Goddamn I'm so overlvld spend so much time morphing and stealing.

I killed Jenova-VECTOR so fast, it didn't spawn the nodes to morph, had to reload just to get them  :mrgreen:
Def. need to check out arrange sometime :D

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: 2017-08-01 04:59:16 »
Goddamn I'm so overlvld spend so much time morphing and stealing.

I killed Jenova-VECTOR so fast, it didn't spawn the nodes to morph, had to reload just to get them  :mrgreen:
Def. need to check out arrange sometime :D
Arrange has tougher enemies (increased HP and stats, better AI, etc.) and more battle 'surprises' (such as expecting to fight one boss, and ending up fighting two. Or one of the characters being 'knocked out' due to a fall and fighting against a boss with only two characters instead of three, among many other things).

Beyond that, Arrange and Normal are the same. :shrugs:

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: 2017-08-01 05:50:33 »

The echo-drops issue was already brought up. SC's already working on it.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: 2017-08-01 06:52:03 »
Ok, found another negative oddity. It's not a 'problem' per se, but it does stand out when compared to the other characters.

Tifa's Limit Breaks ALL have the same description. That description? "C-", but without the quotation marks.

That's it. "C-".

I get the feeling that Sega was trying to make a joke or reference one word at a time, but accidentally screwed up with that. Given that there are 'seven' limit breaks total, that would make the word seven letters long. http://www.morewords.com/wordsbylength/7c/

Obviously the secret word that Sega Chief meant to make us suss out must be "Cabbage". :P

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: 2017-08-01 11:40:31 »
Found an 'issue" that could potentially break the whole game. If you lose to the Curator your whole party get up but with 0 hp on all 3 characters. I tried to start a fight right after (with all 3 chars at 0 HP) and surprisingly there was no game over, I was just throwed out of the fight.

I accidentally saved over that file so I couldn't test more, but I think the game might go broken if you run to G0624 fight with 0HP on all character unless they get healed right before (I have a doubt)

Edit: Nvm that's silly since XIII get in the team for the fight and he has full hp anyway.

Anyway, having a blast right now with 1.5. Steal formula might need to be soften up at the beginning in Arrange cause the rates are absurd. It took me nearly 30 turns to steal a Carbon bangle in Shinra HQ (the enemy had 290 hp left, Tifa kept using morph while Barret was stealing, each morph was a 10 damage hit, stole the bangle right before the last morph)

However I still fought Rufus & Black Nation even with the hotfix. Maybe I patched too late ? I saved right before the fight, at the elevator and then patched it.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 11:49:28 by aquecoucou »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: 2017-08-01 12:37:59 »
Is there any place that shows valuable items that you can get much earlier by stealing? I have been stealing from almost every enemy I find but it seems vanilla steals are changed at least some so I'm not sure where I can get certain things. Right now I'm in the shinra building just after getting Red, and thats normally when you can steal the Hardedge, but all i can find from the soldiers are mythril sabers. Is the Hardedge rare/moved/removed? If anyone has a list of the more useful steals above whats in the documentation, if you could point me to it that would be awesome.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: 2017-08-01 14:10:23 »
In the NT 1.5 Build mk2 folder > Documentation > NT Item list (excel file) should have all the item info you are looking for.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: 2017-08-01 14:53:29 »
Alright, so-

Taken a note of all problems that can be fixed, these are:

-) Wall Market dialogue is plate fell before plate has fallen

-) Makeup in honey bee inn not applying (check dialogue choice)

-) Ghosts aren't reappearing in train graveyard

-) Rank Up disable wasn't intended (SP stored can still be used once this is fixed)

-) Commandos are using Cid's model in respectable inn, forgot to change IDs

-) Curator 0HP after fight still there (if fighting an enemy group with 0HP party then it just game overs when you get into fight)

Some of the other issues reported, like Save being enabled after moving away from a Save Point (MoCheese) are more game-specific rather than mod problems. The giant white blob seen on Floor 63 was also a game engine problem where, in rare cases, a model on the field will become the max possible size and invert; in this case, one of the item bags was affected like Thraxis said (this can happen on other screens, but usually only affects Cloud: https://youtu.be/2z9ImkoNvvM?t=30s )

@Strife
The current scene hotfix should have Darkness cure added to Echo Drops, let me know if it still doesn't work.

Anyway, having a blast right now with 1.5. Steal formula might need to be soften up at the beginning in Arrange cause the rates are absurd. It took me nearly 30 turns to steal a Carbon bangle in Shinra HQ (the enemy had 290 hp left, Tifa kept using morph while Barret was stealing, each morph was a 10 damage hit, stole the bangle right before the last morph)

However I still fought Rufus & Black Nation even with the hotfix. Maybe I patched too late ? I saved right before the fight, at the elevator and then patched it.

Steal rates are probably going to be tough to juggle between Normal and Arrange due to Arrange using higher levels for enemies but I'll see what I can do. A Sneak Glove dropping in Arrange would probably sort that right out.

Ok, found another negative oddity. It's not a 'problem' per se, but it does stand out when compared to the other characters.

Tifa's Limit Breaks ALL have the same description. That description? "C-", but without the quotation marks.

That's it. "C-".

I get the feeling that Sega was trying to make a joke or reference one word at a time, but accidentally screwed up with that. Given that there are 'seven' limit breaks total, that would make the word seven letters long. http://www.morewords.com/wordsbylength/7c/

Obviously the secret word that Sega Chief meant to make us suss out must be "Cabbage". :P

I checked the descriptions for Tifa's Limits and all seven seem to be correct.

But yeah, if you're past the Mythril Mines on Arrange then I'd recommend hanging ten until the patch is up so you don't waste any more SP; you're supposed to have access to Rank Up in this mode. I'll start working on it now and hopefully have it done within an hour or two (same with the other issues). Going to use hotfix patches and update the IRO.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 14:56:18 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: 2017-08-01 15:21:24 »
I can't seem to replicate the issue with the Ghosts not reappearing and there's nothing special in the scripts for Arrange handling; anyone else get this problem?

VHobel

• View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: 2017-08-01 15:33:05 »
I can't seem to replicate the issue with the Ghosts not reappearing and there's nothing special in the scripts for Arrange handling; anyone else get this problem?

I had no issues with the Ghosts, they always reappeared. Playing on Arrange not using 7H.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: 2017-08-01 16:15:18 »
That's the hotfix patches + IRO up.

Sorry to people who reported the wall market dialogue in the past, I kept forgetting to fix it. Turned out it was just a label jump issue.

Rank Up is now available on Arrange so I'd recommend getting that SP spent if you're past Mythril Mines on that mode. I'd been testing the idea out with rank being disabled in arrange but decided against it, forgot to disable the check though s:

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: 2017-08-01 16:38:25 »
In the NT 1.5 Build mk2 folder > Documentation > NT Item list (excel file) should have all the item info you are looking for.
The excel file doesn't seem to have much in the early game stuff, namely the hardedge is not listed anywhere on it. Theres only 37 lines of entry in that excel file, and some are blank unless I have the wrong copy of it? Battle/recovery items don't interest me much unless it's one of the very high tier items, but any armor/weapon/accessory/missables that i can't buy at a shop at that moment in the game are the things I care about, and the file doesn't seem to have all of them (though it is kind of a big ask).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5715 on: 2017-08-01 16:41:53 »
It should look like this:

http://imgur.com/a/GGNDz

There's tabs at the bottom for navigating between areas.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: 2017-08-01 16:44:26 »
Damn you beat me to it, I literally JUST saw that like 60 seconds ago, guess I showed my excel nubness pretty hard XD thanks SC and Webbhead08.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: 2017-08-01 16:55:14 »
Didn't encounter any issue with ghosts even when their MP were depleted.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: 2017-08-01 17:00:17 »
Good to know about the Save Point.

I found some sort of text box error in the Shinra HQ. With the Turtle's Paradise advert and the Shinra Inc advert. The Shinra Inc advert plays automatically if you get close while the Turtle's Paradise flyer has to be clicked. If you click the Turtle flyer while the Shinra Inc flyer is on screen, the two text boxes start to get all weird. Letters not showing up and the boxes themselves going off screen, etc.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: 2017-08-01 17:13:33 »
My questions about drops/steals/morphs are all answered apart from one, looking through that WHOLE workbook, the hardedge is still nowhere to be seen. Was it removed?

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: 2017-08-01 17:19:14 »
That's the hotfix patches + IRO up.

Sorry to people who reported the wall market dialogue in the past, I kept forgetting to fix it. Turned out it was just a label jump issue.

Rank Up is now available on Arrange so I'd recommend getting that SP spent if you're past Mythril Mines on that mode. I'd been testing the idea out with rank being disabled in arrange but decided against it, forgot to disable the check though s:

I'm at Jenova Decay in Arrange, ready to spend the SP. Everyone is at 255/200 since a while but Cid, Vincent and Cait Sith rank up 3 times and the others rank up only once. Is it normal ?

Edit : And Aeris can't rank up.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 20:59:15 by FFman »

El Grillo

• View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: 2017-08-01 17:21:29 »
Soulofsteel, it looks like you'll have to buy a Hardedge the old-fashioned way.

Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but Grenade Combatants in Shinra HQ are listed as morphing into Shrapnel, when they actually morph into Dirty Bombs (which I think is the earliest I've seen them). EDIT: never mind, you can buy them in the 2F shop, so it's not such a big deal :D
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 17:29:56 by El Grillo »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: 2017-08-01 17:32:29 »
You can buy dirty bombs in Wall Market, so the Grenade Combatants are not the earliest.

I have not encountered the ghost issue or the Honey Bee Inn make-up dialogue error.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: 2017-08-01 19:39:17 »
Has anyone else had Cloud's Second Wind activate while he's KO'd ? He was down, Tifa finished off the last enemy, I saw the text box for Second Wind activated even though the battle was over  (kind of like how Regen is still working in that moment between victory and post-battle screen) and Cloud's HP and MP refilled to max. After the battle on the world map Cloud is alive, and fully restored.

Fought three beachplugs outside gold saucer area, no mods applied beyond NT.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: 2017-08-01 20:21:05 »
On the ghosts issue, this was an issue that sometimes popped up in vanilla as well. Sometimes a ghost would 'vanish' during their normal pattern of attacks, and then would never 'reappear'. I didn't spend too long hanging around to figure out what was causing that hiccup in their AI behavior to do that.

I checked the descriptions for Tifa's Limits and all seven seem to be correct.
...oh dear. Crap, something messed up on my end then. I'll re-download all the files and apply them again. Nothing 'else' has been 'odd' beyond small things like that, hence why I didn't assume it to have been a glitch in the downloads, because usually when things mess up, the problems tend to be much larger than a few lines of text. Hopefully this will be fixed with the patches.

If it's not, I'll uninstall FF7, and then reinstall and repatch everything, then see if that fixes things.

EDIT; Ok, Dark Nation is undamagable in the fight with Rufus as it stands, and the patches did not fix the text issue with Tifa's limit break descriptions. The elevator battle also had Thousand Gunner, Airhawk Gunner, and Thunder Gunner all fighting at the same time (the only reason I bring that up is the enemy models were so large that they were merging into eachother at times due to their sizes as they were all fighting).

I was using the first version of 1.5, along with the current patches. Am downloading the Mk2 download of 1.5 now to see if that fixes things. If not, I guess I'm doing a fresh install.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-01 21:47:06 by Robo Jesus »