Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4886269 times)

ulurujamman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #5900 on: 2017-08-06 16:44:43 »
Oh my god, the
Spoiler: show
Arrange Lamba Calcule
fight, you sadist!

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: 2017-08-06 18:29:32 »
Two small things -

-If not too much trouble, would it be possible to see the 1/8, 3/8 etc. Rank for each char as well as their SP at the 'check SP' screen?

-The Enhance Sword, Gaea's Cliff, offers up the exact same slots as Organics, less attack, and +15 mag vs. Organics 10/10 mag dex. You can buy Organics well beforehand... perhaps give the Enhance Sword 8 unlinked slots, or +25 Mag, something else? Just a thought. 

[Edit: Morphs Dragon, accidentally selects Hyper Jump mid Phrenia fight. Game Crash. Must be asking too much...]
« Last Edit: 2017-08-06 20:09:59 by Webbhead08 »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: 2017-08-06 20:26:25 »
hey sega chief

when cloud and his party first enter the north carter, the text is all broken and does not fit very well in the message boxes

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: 2017-08-06 21:11:09 »
Circlet appears to be preventing the Reflect status. Switching to a different accessory will allow that character to gain Reflect, so it wasn't the armor or weapon. I also didn't have Barrier or Added Effect materia equipped on that character. This was tested with the Mighty Guard enemy skill.

I'd like to know if anyone else is able to reproduce this.

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: 2017-08-06 21:23:01 »
Not sure what it says in game description as I haven't had much time to play since the patch dropped, but Circlet in Wall Market tool showing it giving 25 magic/spirit, negating reflect, and halving restoration magic. Seems right to me from what I remember in 1.4 but I could be wrong.

Edit: Yeah if I'm remembering right this is just something that wouldn't fit in the game description and is meant to be. There are certain things that are "hidden" away due to character limits or just in general (for example Cursed ring giving 30 Str/Magic and nullifying restorative magic, along with preventing regen and death force according to Wall Market).
« Last Edit: 2017-08-06 21:32:43 by Thraxis »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: 2017-08-06 22:20:15 »
That might be it, then. I never tried using Reflect on Circlet back in 1.4, and was pretty much hard abusing Dex builds back then.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: 2017-08-06 23:31:11 »
Sega Chief, any ideas how to get Aeris Back ?
I tried to go at the bottom of North Crater again or talked to the "debug guy" in the Highwind but she's still missing.

I can add a switch to the debug NPC if you want.

Two small things -

-If not too much trouble, would it be possible to see the 1/8, 3/8 etc. Rank for each char as well as their SP at the 'check SP' screen?

-The Enhance Sword, Gaea's Cliff, offers up the exact same slots as Organics, less attack, and +15 mag vs. Organics 10/10 mag dex. You can buy Organics well beforehand... perhaps give the Enhance Sword 8 unlinked slots, or +25 Mag, something else? Just a thought. 

[Edit: Morphs Dragon, accidentally selects Hyper Jump mid Phrenia fight. Game Crash. Must be asking too much...]

I think so, but it'll take a bit of time to implement and the method I have in mind would mean current games wouldn't be able to make use of it.

I'll alter Enhance Sword a bit.

hey sega chief

when cloud and his party first enter the north carter, the text is all broken and does not fit very well in the message boxes

Probably a text-wrapping problem; I'll find and fix it.

Not sure what it says in game description as I haven't had much time to play since the patch dropped, but Circlet in Wall Market tool showing it giving 25 magic/spirit, negating reflect, and halving restoration magic. Seems right to me from what I remember in 1.4 but I could be wrong.

Edit: Yeah if I'm remembering right this is just something that wouldn't fit in the game description and is meant to be. There are certain things that are "hidden" away due to character limits or just in general (for example Cursed ring giving 30 Str/Magic and nullifying restorative magic, along with preventing regen and death force according to Wall Market).

Probably left the flag on by accident if the accessory condition doesn't state Reflect immunity; if so then I'll correct it.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: 2017-08-07 04:07:07 »
After getting the airship for the first time - went down below to the merchant, bought some stuff, then to the save point - and everyone had max SP. Ranked up, checked SP levels again, everyone was still at max 255 SP after ranking up. Saved... Ranked up, still at max SP.

Edit - just saw hotfixes were up, must have missed the second one or something. Sorry for the repeat
« Last Edit: 2017-08-07 04:08:38 by Webbhead08 »

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: 2017-08-07 08:32:41 »
Calamantra in ancient forest ... ? Does anything do more than 18 damage? Quake, Bolt, Trine, all hit for less than 20 damage, tried a plethora of other things nothing made a triple digit dent.

Also in ancient forest, had Cid 'ejected' from battle (bird kick move, I think) but his character on screen remained without a weapon, his name struck from the menu and was untargetable. Not a big deal but was a bit odd. Also, Big Brawl hasn't caused me any game crashes but more often than not I get the Silent Cid Dance when I use it and sometimes dead enemies retain their figures in battle, but are 'dead' and can't be targeted.

FFman

• View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: 2017-08-07 08:45:43 »
I can add a switch to the debug NPC if you want.
It would be nice, thanks.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: 2017-08-07 13:24:54 »
Ok, so I have to straight up ask - has anyone beaten Lambda Calcule on Arrange without SP grinding or coming back later? Possible I'm missing a strategy (don't tell me) but it seems impossible right now.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: 2017-08-07 15:09:19 »
Calamantra in ancient forest ... ? Does anything do more than 18 damage? Quake, Bolt, Trine, all hit for less than 20 damage, tried a plethora of other things nothing made a triple digit dent.

Also in ancient forest, had Cid 'ejected' from battle (bird kick move, I think) but his character on screen remained without a weapon, his name struck from the menu and was untargetable. Not a big deal but was a bit odd. Also, Big Brawl hasn't caused me any game crashes but more often than not I get the Silent Cid Dance when I use it and sometimes dead enemies retain their figures in battle, but are 'dead' and can't be targeted.

Defence-ignoring attacks will ruin its day; the ???? Enemy Skill, Summons, and other attacks with defence-ignore will all do the trick (Gravity may or may not work as well, can't mind). The birds had an eject on their kick attack that I've maybe tried to change into a regular attack but forgot to remove a part of the effect for it. Big Brawl (and I think Doom of the Living?) seem to cause problems on FF7 PC but it's not mod-specific.

Ok, so I have to straight up ask - has anyone beaten Lambda Calcule on Arrange without SP grinding or coming back later? Possible I'm missing a strategy (don't tell me) but it seems impossible right now.

I know of one person who has, I'll post some weaknesses, etc. in a spoiler below:

Both Lambdas can be Slowed & Stopped; Time + Added Effect, Shiva, and Aeris' Seal Evil Limit should be very effective
Magic Lambda can be Silenced, preventing the use of Ruin
Both are weak to Earth
Their levels will rise whenever they take an action; this means that Lv.5 Suicide can be used with the correct timing (use Sense to track their Level increases)

So I'd say your best bet is to get Seal Evil used on them for Stop + Silence, then Shiva for Slow; while they're immobilised, protect your party and prepare to survive for four of their turns before busting out Lv5 Suicide followed by a heavy attack like Titan to finish the job. They start at Lv.31 so after four attacks each they'll be at Lv.35.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: 2017-08-07 16:59:33 »
That's very clever with the levels - cleverer than the way I did it at least. I finally figured out
that time magic was effective against them, so I equipped Barret with added effect and just kept attacking till it procced, which bought me enough breathing room to recover and finally do some damage. Will admit that I completely forgot that Seal Evil was a thing. 

Anyway, fantastic fight, my favourite of the mod so far.

Did find a possible bug while going through it - when I equipped Barret with Added Cut-Steal (no other changes) his damage dropped from circa 400 to circa 150. This was from both attacking normally and the added cut attack.

Incidentally, is Steal success rate based on Dex or Luck? I can never remember the formula.

Thraxis

• View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: 2017-08-07 19:55:44 »
Steal is based on level in vanilla. Pretty sure SC hasn't touched the formula for it, just adjusted enemy levels and chances on specific items.

To Sega Chief. Is Armour Keeper (Powersoul Keeper arranged fight) not supposed to have Trine? Doesn't list it as an attack in Proud Clod so guessing with arrange you'd have to wait to grab it much later. Also does this mean arrange does not have Tifa's OP glove?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-07 20:02:01 by Thraxis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: 2017-08-07 22:00:10 »
That's very clever with the levels - cleverer than the way I did it at least. I finally figured out
that time magic was effective against them, so I equipped Barret with added effect and just kept attacking till it procced, which bought me enough breathing room to recover and finally do some damage. Will admit that I completely forgot that Seal Evil was a thing. 

Anyway, fantastic fight, my favourite of the mod so far.

Did find a possible bug while going through it - when I equipped Barret with Added Cut-Steal (no other changes) his damage dropped from circa 400 to circa 150. This was from both attacking normally and the added cut attack.

Incidentally, is Steal success rate based on Dex or Luck? I can never remember the formula.

Sounds very odd; did Barret's Strength drop noticeably when equipped with Added Cut or Steal etc?

Steal is based on level in vanilla. Pretty sure SC hasn't touched the formula for it, just adjusted enemy levels and chances on specific items.

To Sega Chief. Is Armour Keeper (Powersoul Keeper arranged fight) not supposed to have Trine? Doesn't list it as an attack in Proud Clod so guessing with arrange you'd have to wait to grab it much later. Also does this mean arrange does not have Tifa's OP glove?

Trine was added very late to Keeper, so Armour doesn't have it; I'll correct that. The other place for Trine is Movers in the Crater I think; quite a ways off.

I don't think Powersoul is, no.

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: 2017-08-07 22:14:00 »
Hey, so the latest patch worked for Aerith staying dead, sweet :)

Ran into a new bug in the Ancient Forest. I went there when Tifa took over the part after the Northern Crater, before I visited Mideel, I raised a green chocobo and went to the Ancient Forest. I fought Ochu for the Multi-Cut materia, but then after defeating him I accidentally clicked on the treasure chest again and got a message saying "My materia is full yadda yadda" or something like that. Whatever, no biggie.

But after that, EVERY time I picked up a beehive I had to fight Ochu again. I picked it up, fought him again, dropped it but not close enough to the venus fly trap for it to activate, so I had to pick it up again and fight him a third time.

Not sure if you're supposed to fight Ochu a second time when you pick up the beehive, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to EVERY time you pick it up. I had to fight him three times just to drop the dang beehive in the venus flytrap's mouth :(

Oh, and when you talk to the dead dude at the exit the dialogue says "Cloud" instead of "Tifa" if she's leading the party, a little thing, I know, but I figured I'd point it out yo ;)

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: 2017-08-07 22:31:36 »
I don't think Powersoul is, no.
The devastates me deep in my heart QQ

ManInBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: 2017-08-08 01:28:23 »
There seems to be a camera issue with Cait Sith's ultimate weapon fight. Possibly because of how the enemy is positioned, I can't see my party through most of the fight. The first time I lost because I had no idea I was a frog until I used a few Echo Drops and they didn't work, then as I was dying the camera panned. This mainly becomes an issue because Frog doesn't show up when you view the menu with statuses.

I also don't see any indication of Yuffie's final Limit quest triggering in Disc 3, even with the newest version of the IRO.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-08 04:34:20 by ManInBlack »

Ethario

• View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: 2017-08-08 12:23:41 »
Is it me or does planet protector last a bit too long ? Seems like you can cheese alot of bosses with it due to its sheer length.

The "ancients" in temple of ancient who save etc have broken dialogue boxes (you can't access certain answers like rank up and sometimes you save but get the shop instead)

Also at "that" fight where you have to keep the "thing" functional, its possible to survive the attack that should end the fight. (aeris was alive but still got defeated). The morph is also wrong in the excel its dismorph ring or w/e instead of gaurdian ring.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: 2017-08-08 21:00:34 »
Hey i dont know if this bug has been reported yet, but anyways...So after you beat the sea monster in junon there is a cutscene where all people join and tell Cloud that he should go into the electricity tower by himself. Now in that part everyone is present but Aerith. Funny thing is if you talk to Tifa she says "DonĀ“t you just hate this?" and right after that line there is an Aerith line that says "You are probably right" but again aerith is missing

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: 2017-08-08 21:30:40 »

Yes, I most definitely have. Also yes, they are BRUTAL bastards. Sega was evil with these guys. Coming back isn't a bad idea but if you just HAVE to fight them then and there you most certainly can win.

I do have a question about them though Sega or anyone else. Is there a way you can stop the left guy's Algebra healing attack? I could never find a way.

Anyways: more bug reports:

- Zieg is STILL broken! (AHHH!) Zieg now comes with no MP, or not enough to cast anything. So during the multiple times during the fight he's supposed to cast something, he can't. It just goes onto the next scripted thing. When it comes time for Odin, again nothing happens, then he just sits there and you can win without him fighting back and a textbox at the top that has: " :| " in it keeps appearing.

- All of the text boxes from the Golem in the Temple of the Ancients are not working correctly. The first one in the room with gun for Vincent, every option in the chat box is "off by 1". So for example: If "Rest" is the first choice, and "Save" is the second choice. You wouldn't be able to select "Rest" and selecting "Save" will fully heal you. This also means the final option is un-selectable. The second golem by the pool with the rolling boulder thingys, you are only able to select the top three options. The cursor does not go down any further then three choices. As for the final golem in the room with all the doors where you have to catch him, you can only select the first 4 options and "Rank Up" doesn't work at all. Literally nothing happens.

As always if I find more bugs I shall report.

EDIT: One more question for anyone. Can anyone confirm that they have seen Red XIII's innate message when he's at full stacks? I have yet to see it and I've had some 20 minute battles so far. Does it actually take that long? Has anyone seen it?
« Last Edit: 2017-08-08 22:07:08 by MoCheese »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: 2017-08-08 23:03:58 »
All right, it seems I can't fix Zieg so easily; I'll run the fight and isolate the exact problem.

I've taken a note of the other reported issues as well, they should be fairly easy to sort out.

Edit: I've fixed most of the stated issues, not uploaded the patches yet (trying to sort some things out). Does anyone know what enemies appear in the 7th round of Battle Square before Dyne appears? I'm going to change him for a different 8th fight.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-09 00:35:53 by Sega Chief »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: 2017-08-09 01:15:54 »
@Sega Chief
Bullmotor + Death Claw team

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: 2017-08-09 01:20:31 »
I ran into the Deathclaws in the seventh round as well, early on in the game.

Have not seen Red's innate message and while I do believe I have seen some gains in his magic stats in a few fights I can't confirm anything 100% beyond all reasonable doubt which I remember seeing in terms of numbers over the course of a longer battle.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: 2017-08-09 02:06:07 »
Hm.... Rude + Reno fight in the Gelnika, didn't receive damage from the poison, and the death counter didn't kill my chars, the spell cast to start the battle? Rendered this fight somewhat of a joke although I am probably over leveled which didn't hurt.

Edit: can confirm this, fought the fight a second time

Also in the Gelnika, Unknown (1) has an attack, unknown Ray B or something, hits all with a blue laser - doesn't seem to have any effects or do any damage I have noticed.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-09 03:30:13 by Webbhead08 »