Author Topic: [FF8, Crises-Core] RINOA Model Viewer - v0.51  (Read 25348 times)

koral

[FF8, Crises-Core] RINOA Model Viewer - v0.51
« on: 2009-05-20 20:17:13 »
Get the latest version of RINOA here
v0.51, 20 May 2009: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzqmgzmoq4m

RINOA ia a tool I created to initially view and understand  FF7:Crises-Core data and models, but has now grown into a general model viewer and Extractor for various Final-Fantasy related games.
The CC topic was becoming a little too convoluted, so now RINOA has its own Topic (this :lol:)
Please post here for anything related to how RINOA functions, or what it does, will and should support in the future

(old) Notes:
  • I made this viewer for myself so I could view and understand the CC data files better. I am sharing it with everyone because I want to, but please don't expect it to be "user-friendly" because I really cannot afford to waste my time trying to make it absolutely perfect.
  • The viewer uses Irrlicht's GUI system which is a little rusty at best. Sometimes you click a file-name or a chunk and the stupid thing wont update. Normally I just keep clicking it until it does.

Features in RINOA v0.51:

• Press SPACEBAR to toggle camera-mode, G and H keys to show and hide the file-list pane
  • Scroll through list of files, RINOA tries to recognise the file automatically
  • Export models to OBJ files, complete with texture-maps and MTL file
  • Supports more options for FF7:CC data files, not only models
  • Based on DX9, so for those that want to rip manually, FOV = 48  :wink:

Games currently supported:
  • FF7:Crises Core
  • FF8

FF8  File-Types currently Viewable/Extractable:
  • [MCH] Field Models (beta: bones and textures currently ignored)

FF7:CC File-Types currently Viewable/Extractable:
  • [ATEL] = archive of various different File-Types. Usually contain a handful of other File-Types
  • [!] = Models (characters, monsters, maps, etc), small texture-maps are sometimes corrupted
  • [MBD] = Game dialogue scripts

NOTE:
[!] models use vertex-colours extensively, however the OBJ format does not natively support them (when the models are exported out).
So I added a custom vertex-colour tag in the OBJ files starting with "vc" for each vertex, representing colours as 4 bytes (ARGB).
These tags will almost always be ignored, however a manually written OBJ parser could take advantage of the additional data.

EDIT: 24 June 2009

I have decided to discontinue my work on RINOA and I will not be making any more updates or releases.
My life has become a nightmare in the past couple of days, and rather than make false promises for future releases, I will just leave this project as it is.

Sorry
« Last Edit: 2009-06-24 18:39:20 by koral »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [FF8, Crises-Core] RINOA Model Viewer - v0.51
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-21 01:57:25 »
Itadaki St for PS2 or PSP?

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-21 07:14:50 »
Itadaki St for PS2 or PSP?

Hopefully koral will try both :)

koral

« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-22 22:31:06 »
I only have the PSP copy at the moment (borrowed it from a friend who picked it up from HK last year), so that is the one I will start with.
I ran GItMo over it, but unfortunatly it does not contain any GMO's so I will have to try rip them manually.

To not entirely waste this post:

[IMG]

MCH models now load almost perfectly, as I just finished on the TIM texture parser and assigning the initial bone-positions to all the Rinoa MCH files.
But setting the joint rotations manually for all the other characters is a huge pain in the butt. If only we could locate the initial joint rotations...  :-(
« Last Edit: 2009-06-24 18:40:03 by koral »

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-24 01:14:16 »
i been having trouble extracting the RAW files for cc .  I extracted once but now i cant seem to get it to do it again so if you would be kind enough to pm me a walk through of extraction i would greatly appreciate it.  I was in the middle of doing some work with my hex editor whn i lost all my stuff and had to start again so if you would that be great.  Thx

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-24 04:54:27 »
If only we could locate the initial joint rotations...  :-(
Didn't Qhimm say something about animations being in the chara.one files? Does that mean even the initial pose is not in the mch files?
(I don't know enough to tell if this is actually the case.)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-24 06:58:35 by Vehek »

koral

« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-24 20:40:37 »
Viashino
Have a look at G's extractor forum: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7053.0, and post there if you still have problems.
It keeps everything here a little organised, you know?  :wink:

Vehek
quimm said he couldn't find them in the MCH files IIRC, but there is a lot of data in those files which remains undocumented.

Come to think of it, the entire format remains undocumented, huh?
Now that I am here with these MCH files, I may as well go the whole distance and see what else they contain.

FF8 Wiki, here I come :lol:

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-03 14:01:47 »
When I load RINOA there seems to be an error with several of the FF7CC and FF8 files....

with a large number of the RAWs, the program seems to believe there is a model to display, but in fact, there is no geometry there... I tested this by converting it to OBJ, and indeed, there was nothing on the exported file at all. I'm guessing it is the scenery that is the issue here.

With the FF8 MCHs there are several that make RINOA crash for no apparent reason. I understand that FF8 is still being worked on, but in the event that this is relevent somehow, here are the files I have trouble with:

d008
d013
d026
d031
d038
d039
d040
d061
d062
d063
d064
d066

I hope that info helps in some way... though something tells me it won't.

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-03 15:31:50 »
2 Koral
Hey!Maybe you'll make FF7 Bonus Disc support too  :roll:  :wink:

koral

« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-04 00:21:13 »
squall
I tried it, and believe me, I am not very good at compression and encryption algorithms so it might take a very long time for me to do it by myself  :-(

x-dina
I am still working on finding the correct bone rotation stuff, and I have not uploaded the new version of RINOA yet which parses TIM files and guesses bone rotations.
As soon as I can confirm the information in chara.one I will post about it here

those files you listed (which crash the viewer) have very tiny filesizes so they probably contain no valuable data.
Although I cannot remember having looked at the data in a hex-editor, because it is always probable they might contain some bone information (yet unlikely, otherwise Quimm would have noticed it for sure)

squallff8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-06-07 08:25:47 »
Thats bad :cry:
But i still have a hope that you'll make it in future  :wink:

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-06-17 17:44:38 »
Using your old viewer (before it became Rinoa) I was able to extract a two different models of Aerith.  With "Rinoa", however, I can only extract the latter one, the first one doesn't even display.  I think the model was 02184 or 02185

There was 1 other character this happened to (Zack?)

Also, during the game you can fight ostrich looking enemies, but they don't show up in Rinoa from what I've seen

Just thought you would be interested in knowing.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-06-18 21:29:35 »
Koral, If possible could you post a link to G's extractor (or anyone else who has it) the one in his post is dead :x

I was lazy it seems :oops:
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 02:38:57 by hellbringer616 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-19 02:38:19 »
Whoops sorry, i was in a hurry.

EDIT: I'm having an issue, i extracted the models. But now even if i click on a raw file it woke let me view them :?
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 05:21:45 by hellbringer616 »

koral

« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-20 13:10:51 »
obesebear, thankyou for you observation, this is something I need to look into

hellbringer, you are not the only one having problems. Have you got the most recent version of directx installed?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-20 15:31:59 »
Found the problem, I thought G's extractor extracted only models, haha (forgive my stupidity)

koral

« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-20 21:27:41 »
lol, as long as you figured it out  :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-07-21 03:53:33 »
It's been exactly 30 days so I don't think this counts as necro-ing... right?

Anyways.  Turns out mesh2rdm can export the models Rinoa can't load...  not sure if this was common knowledge already or not.  Which means the ostrich and mandragora can be extracted from CC.  Maybe koral will return and update RINOA a bit

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: 2009-07-21 15:26:45 »
Yeah i noticed this too - but i doubt koral will come back - unless she already has... *shifty eyes*

ignitz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-07-25 06:34:26 »
Well, hope to get better koral and thanks for the work what you made and share with us.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-07-25 07:24:27 »
I don't think sickness is to blame for koral's absence. I believe she left around the time that Seifer Almasy did.

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009-07-25 18:01:50 »
I don't think sickness is to blame for koral's absence. I believe she left around the time that Seifer Almasy did.

You're not suggesting koral won't be back are you!?

I've got too much riding on koral's amazing work! I hope she comes back soon... I was really hoping for a new release of Rinoa eventually...  :cry:

Forgive me if I'm jumping to conclusions though.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-07-25 18:04:39 »
Guess we'll never really know if she will be. I think mr adults is still working on mesh2rdm on his website.

In other news, mesh2rdm was reached mugen...

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=99417.0