Author Topic: FF VII-2?  (Read 19261 times)

Tabizzle

• View Profile
FF VII-2?
« on: 2010-08-25 22:42:39 »
I've been watching a few youtube videos and I came across this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RemakeOfFFVII#p/a/u/2/ZxMD1o1bgUw
The channel also has its own site http://finalfantasyvii-2.yolasite.com/ and they made an entire remake of final fantasy vii. Whats weird is that some of the mods are familiar, especially the barret model, which is similar to Timu Sumisu's one. So is this final fantasy vii remake affiliated with qhimm in anyway?

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
Re: FF VII-2?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-25 22:49:32 »
wouldnt be surprising, much of the content looks stolen. Also, there is a ripped copy of Advent Children up on the site.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-25 23:50:09 »
Ugh, I hate how this guy is just using mods he downloaded here/ stolen models to get internet popularity and make a profit without even giving credit. and the way he's using the title 'FF7 remake' to draw people in. It makes me sick.

One thing I can say without a doubt, the Qhimm community is not affiliated with this guy.

Also, why is this in feedback?
« Last Edit: 2010-08-26 00:04:39 by NCS »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-26 01:00:35 »
Ugh, I hate how this guy is just using mods he downloaded here/ stolen models to get internet popularity and make a profit without even giving credit. and the way he's using the title 'FF7 remake' to draw people in. It makes me sick.

One thing I can say without a doubt, the Qhimm community is not affiliated with this guy.

Also, why is this in feedback?
Actually, he is a member here and has even contributed to the community some.   If you check the bottom most announcement on the front page of that site, that was actually from me warning him that selling a modified game for personal profit was likely to get him a C&D, if not sued.   But for whatever reason after a few months he decided it was worth it.

As for this being in Feedback...  Warning issued.  Moved to General.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-26 12:25:12 »
Oh, I see. Well it still doesn't make it much better, but I guess since he's contributed here I won't kick up too much of a fuss  ;)

But seriously, selling it for personal gain? Dude needs some morals.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-26 13:30:20 »
Actually, he is a member here and has even contributed to the community some.   If you check the bottom most announcement on the front page of that site, that was actually from me warning him that selling a modified game for personal profit was likely to get him a C&D, if not sued.   But for whatever reason after a few months he decided it was worth it.

As for this being in Feedback...  Warning issued.  Moved to General.

haha, I remember that guy!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-26 17:20:27 »
Oh, I see. Well it still doesn't make it much better, but I guess since he's contributed here I won't kick up too much of a fuss  ;)

But seriously, selling it for personal gain? Dude needs some morals.
Just to clarify, I'm in no way defending him.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-26 19:33:03 »
Which member, exactly, was it?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-26 22:45:52 »
oddly enuff the credits part of his page is down but i managed to find the contact address for any of the mod creators who would like to contact him (i.e pyro did u see "his" remake of the world map...)

[email protected]

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-26 23:15:07 »
i know, he's a dirty SOB. I hit every YouTube video i could find to let people know that he's a phony. Sadly, he has probably already moved on, so he will never read the flames that will surely erupt on YouTube. I urge everyone to post comments on his youtube videos to redirect interested parties towards qhimm, rather than let this dope take credit for all our hard work.

Im also curoius as to what his username on Qhimm is.

lee
« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 00:32:00 by pyrozen »

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-27 12:05:24 »
I feel weird for spamming the same thing over and over, but also now hopefully anyone who visits this guy will be turned away and over to us. This could be a bad thing though. I mean, we don't want too much publicity, right?
On another note, it's kinda pointless for me to go around and just dupe all of pyro's comments, but I guess it enforces the point somewhat.

EDIT: There are way too many videos on way too many different channels where this sort of thing is happening. We can't go around posting on all of them.
To be honest, I'm wondering whether a release of TA's bombing mission project demo is going to make this problem better, or if it's only going to make it worse.

Also, anyone wanna email him and have a go at him? 'cos I'll do it if nobody else will :P
« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 12:49:38 by NCS »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-11-14 01:05:24 »
I e-mailed him and told him to removed my Cloud model

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-11-14 01:19:39 »
His name on qhimm was kula_wende. Now that we have the power to ban him he has been banned. We do not appreciate the theft of peoples work. Nor selling it for profit and bringing unneeded attention to qhimm's forums.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-11-14 01:54:16 »
Ah.... That guy... I don't particularly remember what he did, but I remember seeing the name allot.

Yeah it HAS to come down, or at least remove my model from it. No offense, but more worried about number one

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-11-14 02:52:15 »
Ahh yes. He "made" an Advent Children model for Cloud.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-11-14 06:38:14 »
Well best of luck convincing him to remove it since he's making a profit off of it

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-11-14 11:33:03 »
what an arsehole.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 2010-11-14 13:33:09 »
I didn't quite make sense of the report function on Yola ( his website hoster ) but someone could report him for copyright infringement and get the site taken down.
Also, someone could notify Square-Enix that so he gets a nice letter. I couldn't quite figure out where they want stuff like that sent to.
Square takes copyright infringement crazy seriously, so they will put a definite stop to this if he makes even a single cent off it.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-11-14 13:50:14 »
Yes but that also points fingers at this fine site here. Which we don't want.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-11-14 13:51:51 »
But that could backfire on us :/

EDIT: Ninja'd by sl1982 :-P

Tbh, I don't think that mod looks very good anyway. I could go on a rant, but I'll hold it in...
« Last Edit: 2010-11-14 13:54:01 by ultima espio »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #20 on: 2010-11-14 13:59:44 »
Yes but that also points fingers at this fine site here. Which we don't want.

Qhimm isn't doing anything particularly illegal ( or at least nothing where money comes into the play ) so I kinda don't get that notion
I'd love to see kula get his ass sued by square though.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-11-14 14:05:33 »
Copyrights and stuff. Plus the fact that all of the stuff he is selling came from here. Or from other square games.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-11-14 16:31:50 »
I don't understand :-[, why would he steal the wm reconstruction when he could easily create one himself! He is a great 3D artist and 2D texture artist it would be nothing for him to re-create all work done by Qhimm team! (besides Aali's Drivers). I used to talk to him, I will send him a harsh email. But in the end there are an absolute ton of people I have seen pulling this kind of stuff on youtube....In the end it's just something you cannot think about.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-11-14 17:40:41 »
Qhimm isn't doing anything particularly illegal ( or at least nothing where money comes into the play ) so I kinda don't get that notion

Squeenix doesn't care if people are doing anything illegal; if they don't like you, they'll send you a C&D. The threat of legal action is enough to stop most amateur projects like this.

Squeenix know that they can sue people into submission even if they have no case; it costs money to defend yourself in court, and even if you win every time you'll still end up broke.

I don't understand :-[, why would he steal the wm reconstruction when he could easily create one himself!

He can produce something himself, but he can't make anything of the same quality. Why would he spend months making models and textures that look half as good as the TA stuff when he can just steal other people's work and sell it as if he made it himself?

His name on qhimm was kula_wende. Now that we have the power to ban him he has been banned. We do not appreciate the theft of peoples work. Nor selling it for profit and bringing unneeded attention to qhimm's forums.

Question:

Why couldn't he be named until now? Before he was banned, none of the people who knew that he was the one doing it stated publicly that he was the culprit.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-14 17:43:50 by Kudistos Megistos »

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010-11-14 17:52:26 »
Back when we found out about this, neither me nor bear could do anything about it. And hadnt heard from Qhimm either. We did not want to name names until a decision had been made. Then honestly it had been forgotten until apz brought the thread back up. I decided to make an executive decision at that point.