Author Topic: Candy box !  (Read 12774 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Candy box !
« on: 2013-04-30 16:29:36 »
http://candies.aniwey.net/

This game is an RPG. It's really slow to play, but rather addicting. I highly recommend checking it out. It's mostly something that can be played in the background while you do something else, because so much of it is waiting; ideal for while you're watching TV or at school or work.

How far can you get? I'm sure there's a lot that I haven't discovered yet, and I'm really curious what all it has to offer.

edit: This game requires patience, especially at first. You may want to read the FAQ.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Candy box !
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-30 17:51:38 »
Wow, that was fun.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-30 18:36:49 »
Surprisingly addicting.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-30 21:49:56 »
Clicked the link with anticipation!
Waited a bit!
Thinks for a while...
Back to qhimm...
Reads:
 Covarr

Covarr-Let
    Global moderator
    No life

:| :roll:

P.S.: Still playing of course...
Back to qhimm...
Reads:
 LeonhartGR

No life

Zing...!
  :evil:
« Last Edit: 2013-04-30 21:53:40 by LeonhartGR »

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-30 23:58:13 »
I've put too many hours into this already.

Curse you candies! I have things to do!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-01 00:29:06 »
nooooo my life is gone!

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2013-05-01 08:27:03 »
The real issue imo is the lollipop limit. You can't grow more than 100 per sec... correct me if I'm wrong.At the time I'm waiting for the million sword...

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-01 13:27:44 »
The real issue imo is the lollipop limit. You can't grow more than 100 per sec... correct me if I'm wrong.At the time I'm waiting for the million sword...

I read somewhere that you only need to plant just over 17K to hit that 100/sec limit. I wish I knew that before I dumped 52K into it. :(

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-01 13:37:14 »
I've moved forward and it needs real patience to reach the goal for the new sword (1570 klp= 1.570.000 lp)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2013-05-01 14:12:16 »
protip for the Castle Stairs: Imps take no damage from the enemies that appear there. Took me a while to beat.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #10 on: 2013-05-01 15:48:18 »
If I check out this game after i get home from work....am i going to love you or hate you Covarr?  With as many weeks (months God i hope not) as Runescape and COD have both taken from my life, idk if I want to try something that sounds so addicting.  The same reaosn I keep telling all these people I will not try LoL. 

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-05-01 15:53:11 »
I read there's supposed to be some sort of horn you can get to triple your lollipop production even past the 100/s limit, which seems massively useful. 100/sec is far too slow for getting some of the better upgrades.

I've been having mad trouble with the boss in the Castle's Keep. I use an invulnerability potion, but it wears off before I can do enough damage, and he kills me before my cooldown is finished so I can't use another. I think I might need to grind candies for HP.

On that note, what's everyone's favorite quests for candy grinding? I had good luck with Underwater Cave at first, but now it's too slow to really be worth the effort. Castle's Entrance seems like it would be good, except I can't find a way to reliably avoid those cannonballs (or arrows, or whatever they are) that send you back to the start; the best I've gotten has been berserk potions, but those are not available in the quantities I'd need for grinding.

@xLostWingx: This game involves a lot of idling; it takes a lot more time than you have to personally invest, and you can easily do other stuff while you play. It's quite addictive, but not life-consuming by a long shot. Also, I suspect it can be beaten in a few days, sooner if you use good strategy and don't buy the life sword like an idiot like I did.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #12 on: 2013-05-01 16:04:41 »
Eels in the cave give the most candies that I've seen so far. Then the whale gives a lot on top of that. For the effort it requires the cave is the best grinding spot. I haven't gotten through the keep yet. It's too random.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-05-01 16:21:10 »
well, based on the time it takes me to complete, I'm getting an average of ~25-30 candies/sec in there, assuming I'm ready to immediately do the quest again after the cooldown. With the candies converter and the 13 candies/sec I'm getting anyway, that's like 40% improvement in lollipop production... but not enough to be worth playing so actively. Kinda defeats the purpose of being a mostly idle game.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #14 on: 2013-05-01 16:45:00 »
Also, unicorns can drop horns (high probability I think) and knights can drop strong armor (low probability). I can't make it all the way through so I can't say what the horn does, but I bet the armor increases defense. :D

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-05-01 23:14:24 »
Also, don't go the summoning sword - works great against every screen in the game... except the boss in the castle keep =_=

Any recommended strats for that boss? I've upped my HP and use a Turtle Potion to take some extra damage, but all seems to be for not much, can't get it below about 500HP. Maybe you could use a stack of seeds and just whittle him down with scrolls?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #16 on: 2013-05-02 01:43:22 »
Any recommended strats for that boss? I've upped my HP and use a Turtle Potion to take some extra damage, but all seems to be for not much, can't get it below about 500HP. Maybe you could use a stack of seeds and just whittle him down with scrolls?

Do you have the strong armor (dropped by knights)? You can grind the castle gate until you get one. Grinding there is easier than you might think. With a level 5 flame sword and ~340 HP I can get teleported back to the beginning three times and still clear it.
I beat the keep boss by luck, but if you have any berserker potions left you should activate one as soon as you enter the room and activate an invincibility potion as soon as the cooldown is up (berserker potions last longer than their cooldown). Then spam flame or earthquake scrolls.
Another suggestion I read is you can use invincibility then teleport back (It'll teleport you back to the door of that room) when it runs out then use invincibility again when the potion cooldown is over. Repeat and win. I haven't tried that, though.

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-05-02 02:02:45 »
I think invincibility/teleport spamming is the way to go - I've got the summoning sword, so I can't do stacks of damage all at once. Time to craft me some potions.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013-05-02 02:11:12 »
At first I thought you just eat candy, but then shit started goin' down!

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-05-02 18:53:03 »
What the heck is this game xD
Gathered like 40 then the drop 10 box came and it emptied my candies to 0  :o  ;D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013-05-02 19:12:59 »
how long is it gonna be before we see let's plays of this game :P

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013-05-02 21:21:41 »
def gotta treat this like an idle game.  Was sitting here like "what should I do with these candies? eat?  throw? spend?  spend lots?"  decided will just wait until i have many candies and choose all the above.

"Twice more candies than the previous day"  to me that means x + 2x   ......two times the number of candies MORE THAN the previous day.  19,683 you fucking frog!  512 is too easy!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-02 21:42:00 by xLostWingx »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013-05-03 00:00:09 »
I have Chocolate Sword and I have over 60k lp.  Sorceresss wont let me buy Sword Better Sword?

Me and whale killed each other at the same time! haha

ok nvm.  beat underwater cave.  nowi see whatsup
« Last Edit: 2013-05-03 00:11:05 by xLostWingx »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013-05-03 00:55:06 »
lol lostwing I read the fine print

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013-05-27 07:07:01 »
Still open it up in the background every now and then.  Can't tell you how many candies are lost in the interwebs cause of shut downs w/o saves, etc.

« Last Edit: 2013-05-27 07:13:37 by xLostWingx »