Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838444 times)

Dracozombie

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #2875 on: 2016-03-20 23:03:34 »

*When fighting Rude and Elena, Turk Cure does not inflict berserk, thus making it impossible to beat since i dont have a way to burst 1000 dmg ( doing no random encounter run).

Anyway, have fun on your week off Sega, the bugs will be waiting...=)

I was actually just about to comment on this. I was tearing my hair out on how to bypass Rude's 1000 HP heal every other turn, but then you reminded me that Turk Cure was supposed to self-inflict Berserk. Yeah, I'm stuck too. Luckily I saved back at the chocobo ranch so maybe I can buy a green or steal an item that inflicts Berserk or something.

Laser actually deals some hefty damage, around 700 to Elena and 800 to Rude, but not even that's enough to brute force Turk Cure. Nothing deals close to that damage except for Choco/Mog.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-20 23:05:59 by Dracozombie »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: 2016-03-20 23:32:25 »
Rude is IMMUNE to berserk, so stealing a War Gong will not help you (this also explains why Turk Cure does not berserk him).

You can however burst down Reno, if you inflict confuse (loco weed) when he's about to start spamming his healing spell.

You thought it was going to be that easy?
Guess again. At that point Reno will become untargetable, start spamming Turk Cure on your party, keeping you alive, keeping you berserked. But that is not all, Elena is spamhealed too, keeping you in a loop. :(

Edit: Cheesed it.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-21 01:22:26 by Mithrain »

Brumthor

• View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: 2016-03-21 02:16:13 »
After some tries, i manage to defeat Rude, but the battle didn't end... So Rude spammed turk cure on a random character endless.

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: 2016-03-21 02:20:11 »
Mithrain: King of cheese and cheese is delicious and so's the video.

You're lucky Elena didn't confuse anyone. In all my fights, even the one I just won, Elena always managed to charm someone (usually the one casting Laser) right before a single Laser finishes her off. This fight definitely boiled down to some luck, and I sure hope that Rude being immune to berserk is an oversight and not something we have to legitimately cheese our way through.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: 2016-03-21 02:30:38 »
I suppose having ridiculous dexterity/agility helps. :D

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: 2016-03-21 03:24:00 »
btw is anyone else seeing weird stuff in their SP menu? I'm seeing Cloud listed twice and also seeing Sephiroth with 128/100 SP. Cid is listed also with 128/100 despite not even being in my party yet (I only just got to Junon). The characters I actually have so far seem okay from what I can tell, though.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #2881 on: 2016-03-21 03:45:43 »
Caught a bug for NT 1.4:

Right after you leave Aeris' house to goto Wall Market in the beginning of the game, if you go back to her house to sleep/heal up (after grinding the area for a while), the game locks after the song plays.

EDIT:
Actually, seems like the game locks up everytime you go to sleep. Locked up on me again when I went to sleep at the Wall Market Inn...

(Fresh install, only have a handful of mods activated  thru 7H)
« Last Edit: 2016-03-21 04:58:03 by seijuro »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: 2016-03-21 11:20:34 »

Anyone gotten their hands on Ramuh, here in 1.4? It seems he is no longer located in the room with the jockeys. I can't help but wonder if that's a bug, or if I somehow missed it earlier.

NEVER MIND, guess I worried prematurely, as it's given as you finish the race. >.>
« Last Edit: 2016-03-21 11:22:35 by Mithrain »

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: 2016-03-21 12:47:09 »
Caught a bug for NT 1.4:

Right after you leave Aeris' house to goto Wall Market in the beginning of the game, if you go back to her house to sleep/heal up (after grinding the area for a while), the game locks after the song plays.

EDIT:
Actually, seems like the game locks up everytime you go to sleep. Locked up on me again when I went to sleep at the Wall Market Inn...

(Fresh install, only have a handful of mods activated  thru 7H)

I haven't had any issues with sleeping.  I've slept twice in Wall Market and didn't lock.  Maybe a mod conflict as I only have NT.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #2884 on: 2016-03-21 17:41:02 »
Hmm it might be.

I have a good amount of mods activated thru 7H. If anyone has an idea why it locks when sleeping let me know since SegaChief is out... using Tents only can be pretty expensive :/

I haven't had any issues with sleeping.  I've slept twice in Wall Market and didn't lock.  Maybe a mod conflict as I only have NT.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 2016-03-21 19:02:38 »
Just beat Rude and Elena using Confuse as my weapon!

And yes it might seem cheesy for normal mode, BUT i actually think fights like these should be the standard for Arrange.
Why? For arrange i think you should actually have to lose a few boss fights before getting your setup right and understanding what to actually do.

Now i dont know what Sega has in plan for Arrange, but utilizing the materias/Items/chars to their fullest as you get them (Yuffies Added materia + Choco summon for confuse) is according to me the best approach.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: 2016-03-21 20:16:48 »
Someone knows if its possible to beat the killer robot in the 65th floor of Shinra HQ?

Cheers!

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 2016-03-21 20:23:14 »
Someone knows if its possible to beat the killer robot in the 65th floor of Shinra HQ?

Cheers!
Not on your first time through the Shinra HQ, at least.

Also, has anyone else gotten to the Temple of the Ancients? Did the Brass Dragon bossfight also just..not happen? The dialogue happened as per usual, but suddenly I had a bahamut materia in front of me, having done nothing to earn it. (I suppose this may be the same case, as my previous post regarding Ramuh, but what the hell, figured I'd ask before I went to bed. o/)

cheffdonty

• View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 2016-03-21 22:42:42 »
It's a blast! Played the mod till 4AM last night! At work I had some regrets...

Regardless, I noticed the Elena/Rude glitch at the Mythral Mines. The one that a few other members have mentioned already. Seemingly, the only way to deal with the couple is to inflict confusion onto Rude to stop him from his rapid heal spamming, then finishing him with laser before he hits himself and ends confusion. When that happens though, he goes nuts and starts using Turk Cure on random targets. Turk Cure causes your team to be frenzied, and he does this so fast that you're likely to not have a shot to defeat Elena before he frenzies everyone. If that happens, it'll result in a soft lock. (unless you have a character who can basic attack for more than 800 damage I guess)

Here's a video I found online of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nRltN2SJQ

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: 2016-03-21 23:42:43 »
Okay, I'm nearby the Mythrill mines and the glitch turks battle. So, the secret is to use Confuse in Rude's head, isn't it?

I have to ask, this is the only battle were Rude is glitched, because.... well, Reno and Rude battle would be nearby impossible if Rude is glitched.

I want to know, also, what type of SP build is recomended for Cloud, Barret and Cid, please, if someone can only advise about it?

Cheers!

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: 2016-03-22 02:23:51 »
Yup, so far the consensus seems to be Confusion + Laser spam. I don't know where the glitch is coming from, but I've noticed it only seems to happen when people try to kill Rude first before Elena (correct me if I'm wrong). I dunno, by default I always went after Elena first so I never ran into that frenzy glitch.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: 2016-03-22 02:34:58 »
Elena and Ruda defeated!!!

Because glitch issues, this battle is the harderst i fought up to now. The problem is Turk Cure, as everybody says, it's a problem because Ruda and Elena are inmune to Berserker, so, Ruda can spam this ability to an endless lupe becoming impossible to defeat Ruda in the end. Well, first of all, poison is now useless againts Turks YAI!! Cause Elena heals up the poison with antidote, so the main ability to inflict damage is Laser, taking away 700 Hp to Elena and 800 to Ruda. The trick to stop Ruda's healing madness is ChocoboMog, in other words, confuse him.

First, I tried to wipe out Ruda first, but, when you eliminate Ruda the "Ruda's Healing Madness" intensifies even more, doing it every single turn, and even worst, Ruda will start to healing your team, yes, but he also inflict berserker status, so: you can't die, but, Elena neither so...Freeze game, restart the game.

And now I will explain how I defeated this pair of bullstrawberries healers.

The thing is, you need to defeat the two turks fast, to do this you have to alternate lasers attack into the two enemies until they reach the 1000 HP line. never, NEVER pass the 1000HP line or the "Ruda's healing madness" will start and you would be f***k. When Ruda and Elena are nearby the 1000Hp you have to summon Chocobo Mog in order to confuse Ruda. After this you have to act quickly. Laser Elena into the death and pray to god for Ruda not punches his head and cures himself the confusion.  When Elena is death is probably that Ruda will be out of the confusion status so... you have to burst him into the death, How? you asked, well, three steps:

1. Laser him.
2. Throw him something like fire vesel (fire3) or the objet that inflicts (posion2).
3. Limit.

If you do this three things faster faster, he will die. With bit of luck off course.

I do apologise about my english, it is not my mother language but I have the need to write this because I would hope that a lot of people would be trap here, because a glitch, because the turks in this version could be a little bit powerfull. To everybody: stay calm, do everything correctly and the victory would be yours!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 02:42:39 by BertShadow »

cheffdonty

• View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: 2016-03-22 04:51:43 »
Elena and Ruda defeated!!!

Because glitch issues, this battle is the harderst i fought up to now. The problem is Turk Cure, as everybody says, it's a problem because Ruda and Elena are inmune to Berserker, so, Ruda can spam this ability to an endless lupe becoming impossible to defeat Ruda in the end. Well, first of all, poison is now useless againts Turks YAI!! Cause Elena heals up the poison with antidote, so the main ability to inflict damage is Laser, taking away 700 Hp to Elena and 800 to Ruda. The trick to stop Ruda's healing madness is ChocoboMog, in other words, confuse him.

First, I tried to wipe out Ruda first, but, when you eliminate Ruda the "Ruda's Healing Madness" intensifies even more, doing it every single turn, and even worst, Ruda will start to healing your team, yes, but he also inflict berserker status, so: you can't die, but, Elena neither so...Freeze game, restart the game.

And now I will explain how I defeated this pair of bullstrawberries healers.

The thing is, you need to defeat the two turks fast, to do this you have to alternate lasers attack into the two enemies until they reach the 1000 HP line. never, NEVER pass the 1000HP line or the "Ruda's healing madness" will start and you would be f***k. When Ruda and Elena are nearby the 1000Hp you have to summon Chocobo Mog in order to confuse Ruda. After this you have to act quickly. Laser Elena into the death and pray to god for Ruda not punches his head and cures himself the confusion.  When Elena is death is probably that Ruda will be out of the confusion status so... you have to burst him into the death, How? you asked, well, three steps:

1. Laser him.
2. Throw him something like fire vesel (fire3) or the objet that inflicts (posion2).
3. Limit.

If you do this three things faster faster, he will die. With bit of luck off course.

I do apologise about my english, it is not my mother language but I have the need to write this because I would hope that a lot of people would be trap here, because a glitch, because the turks in this version could be a little bit powerfull. To everybody: stay calm, do everything correctly and the victory would be yours!

Cheers!

Thank you Bert, I shall try this for myself! Very grateful to you for sharing this strategy. I think your post is very concisely written and helpful.

That being said, I think something about this fight really should be changed. "Ruda's Healing Madness" softlock glitch really needs to be worked out. It should also be noted that the players capacity to confuse Rude up to this point is pretty limited. Keep in mind that Choco/Mog or Elena's loco weed are the only obvious ways to do it, and if he punches himself free, the fight becomes deadlocked. Choco/Mog and the loco weed are only one use each, after all.

I know I'm a noobie here, but I would suggest any one of these potential fixes, if I may be so bold:

• Elena and Rude could be made susceptible to the Berserk status that Turk Cure inflicts, which would mean that Rude could no longer cast it after inflicting himself. However, either Turk, when afflicted, should be able to dish out more damage.
  • Much like how Elena uses antidote, Rude could be forced to only use Turk Cure when it's his turn. This would give the player a window of time to barrage the enemy enough that he cannot save anyone with his healing.
  • Turk Cure could be made to have only a limited amount of uses.

Alas, it's not my mod. If none of those changes are fit to be implemented, "Ruda's Healing Madness" could surely be solved by taking Rude out of the fight when his HP reaches 0.

Well, just wanted to share my piece. Thanks to Bert for the inspiration.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 04:53:33 by cheffdonty »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: 2016-03-22 05:07:50 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQNsr7OutLQ

As you can see here, this is the prototype of the aforementioned fight, here they are affected by berserk. So It's no doubt a bug/oversight, that the release version of 1.4 has the duo be immune to berserk. :)

NeoDraconis

• View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: 2016-03-22 08:02:46 »
I think I am going to wait until someone has finished a playthrough of the 1.4 version and then a little later for the more troublesome bugs to be dealt with before starting myself. :)

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: 2016-03-22 10:10:00 »
I think I am going to wait until someone has finished a playthrough of the 1.4 version and then a little later for the more troublesome bugs to be dealt with before starting myself. :)

I'm at the Whirlwind Maze, and the only troublesome bugs I've encountered, are the issues with the Turks' Berserk immunity, a missing bossfight in the temple, and the Fort Condor NPC in the City of the ancients not working.

You can safely begin a playthrough, I think. :> (if you can live with these things I mentioned, anyway.)

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: 2016-03-22 12:59:24 »
anybody making a drop/steal list for bosses?

or do they only drop one item?

only seem to get a talisman from the hojo boss fight while rescuing aeris.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 13:04:06 by selius »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: 2016-03-22 13:28:47 »
Concerning the Turks fight I found another way around which doesn't rely on Added effect+Confusion RNG.

Basically you don't need to burst down Elena, you might need to burst Reno depeding on your luck (but it's 100% reproducible)

Needed materias : enemy skill (with laser), chocobo mog (optional but recommended, I didn't use it tho), sense

Fight prototype : Start the fight by buffing your team (barrier/haste) and steal Elena (Loco weed). Get Elena down to ~1300 hp (use laser for more damage). Use the stolen loco weed on Reno to confuse him (100% confuse). Finish Elena.
You then have two options :
-Reno breaks out of confusion -> Get him down to 1200 hp, then you must do 1200 damage in 2 two characters turns : Laser + Chocobo mog /// Laser + Deadly waste /// Laser + Limit break
-Reno doesn't break out of confusion -> Kill him by using magic, no need to burst

Additional tips :
-Elena can confuse you, with a really bad timing it could ruin your fight. When you have to burst down a turk always keep a character ready to break confusion (Morph materia is really good for that)
-Deadly waste is an item casting Bio 2 damaging turks for 600 to 750 damage. If you didn't escape fights at the 2nd reactor you should at least have one, use chocobo mog instead if you don't have one
-You can match elemental materia with poison on a weapon to deal more with melee attacks
-I didn't test but Tifa limit break should have the best damage output at this point if you don't fail it.

Here is a video of my fight : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K96AyGdr5Rk

Fun fact, Elena still use antidotes on Reno when reaching 0 HP.

Btw, how come you already have white wind & L5 suicide in your enemy skill at this point Mithrain ? Is there another mob than the owl thingy to get white wind ?

If i'm correct there is only one drop for bosses (at least from what I've noticed in past versions & what SC said). Bosses have different items to steal tho. I was thinking about doing a list but it requires a lot of work. Also first bosses can't be morphed (until Jenova if I remember correctly).

Something that can help players, when you get out of Midgar, on the rocky ground you can have a battle with 3 mobs (a wolf, a sweeper and a bike), the bike can be morphed into a Carbon Bangle which is a cool armor at this point. (Yuffie has one)

Edit; from what I remember in 1.35, last boss (Godo) in Wutai Pagoda had a nice armor & accessory to steal, and the fight can be done an infinite number of times (steal, die, steal, die, ..).
Heavy tank (a gongaga monster) was also morphed in a crystal (or diamond ?) armor in 1.35. Not sure if it's still the case in 1.4 but it's really worth a try.

I really hope Sega Chief will bring back the database (there was one for 1.35 but it seems he deleted all links, and I don't have it anymore else I would have edited it)
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 14:21:18 by aquecoucou »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: 2016-03-22 15:07:58 »
nvm
« Last Edit: 2016-03-22 15:10:40 by selius »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: 2016-03-22 15:32:11 »
Btw, how come you already have white wind & L5 suicide in your enemy skill at this point Mithrain ? Is there another mob than the owl thingy to get white wind ?

White Wind: I snatched a Mirror from the Plasma Buster (?), which I used on Rufus.
L5 Suicide: Mu enemies near the farm.

I could cook together a list of helpful steals/morphs, if there's more interest. :)