Author Topic: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD  (Read 90555 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« on: 2013-07-29 20:43:06 »
***********************NEW VERSION********************

The mod have been fully updated, every glitches have been fixed, there is new playable characters and new features

This is the ultimate Sephiroth mod, with the real Sephiroth model in field(not cloud's skeleton and animation anymore)

Safer and Bizarro have now their owns dynamic camera

The installation is now a very simple, just patch your NTSC US iso with PPFomatic.

You must own the NTSC US version ( not working with other versions) , only for playstation and psp

Here is the new video and download links of the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0utdzX_49U&feature=youtu.be

Direct link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i11hkm2ndeeczi3/sephipatch.rar
« Last Edit: 2014-10-04 02:10:53 by Jeet »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
Re: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-30 01:44:50 »
Reminds me of this old Lord of the Rings game I played on the playstation 2. Once you beat the game, there was an alternative game mode that allowed you to play through a good number of the battles, but as the enemies instead. I remember destroying Gandalf with the Balrog, so much fun. Anyways.. This mod looks interesting enough on that premise alone.

When you said you had to figure out how to make the players disappear, it reminded me of the way summons worked in Final Fantasy X. Are you aiming for something like that?

Regardless, it is an interesting concept. Hope you have fun doing it :).

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-30 23:57:11 »
This amazing Jeet, congratulations, if you can, upload a video ;D

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-31 00:18:00 »
I really like this.   A lot.  I'm glad you took the time to figure this out, and if you got this damn thing working on the PSP, that's just plain impressive.  You are planning on some type of release right?  Although...I'm not sure how that would even work.  Keep up the good work, and find a way to let others play this!

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-31 01:52:19 »
Thx  :)

@vayneruel : Yes i'll try to make a video when all the characters limits break will be done.

@LostWing: I will release this for psp and psx , for psx its simple, you only need one thing : CDmage ( or CDprog its better) , very easy to use , i used this when i knew nothing about hacking/modding.  You just have to open your FF7 ISO with CDprog,  and replace the original characters files with the " hacked" ones, the name of the files are "cloud.lzs  , tifa.lzs" etc so its very easy to do.It take 30 seconds.

For PSP you need a program who convert psx iso into psp games, called PSX2PSP , you just convert  the modified iso you did earlier; into a psp format and play it on psp, all the characters have been tested on psp and it work.

When i"ll finish the mod anyway i will upload all the modified characters  with a more detailled help to install this.

The characters will be : edit: see in first post

« Last Edit: 2013-08-27 10:21:24 by Jeet »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-31 15:43:26 »
Vincent>Sephiroth ( im trying to find a way to modify his limit break, i  have bizzaro sephiroth and safer sephiroth working so it will be great if i find a way to put these two bosses model into vincent/sephiroth limits breaks)

I saw a video where this was done before (with Seph turning into Safer).  I will try to find it and see if it provides any clues.

Also, in my attempts to force Sephiroth to have Vincent's Limit Breaks, I never got him to actually transform.  Instead Seph would perform a little animation and then his stats would change according to which of Vincent's Limit Breaks I had tried to use (as indicated by changes in his max HP).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7-mhj_RwH-w&t=35

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-31 15:50:11 »
You says the mod is easy, only replaced the lzs files so, the new lzs files is samller than the original? Or its is bigger?

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-01 08:19:15 »
It seem vincent's limit break make him transform only when you have vincent's model, so its probably something with his animation, i know for example if i  peferm an limits break without having a correct working animation the attack wont work, so its the same for vincent i suppose, in this case the only thing to do is put the casting magic animation of sephiroth in his limit break ( but if i remember vincent dont even have any animation when he transform so maybe its not an animation problem but a character id problem?)

For the size of the file  ,  yes the new modified characters are smallers, even big monster like diamond weapon is smaller, because enemies characters  have only one weapon , while cloud or any other playable character have more than 10 weapons, all their weapons skins take half of the size, for example reno and dayne files are 30 or 40ko while cloud is 68.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-08-01 11:46:40 »
@jeet : sir, I hope you will be able to release this mod of yours...I am willing to donate via PayPal just to make sephiroth controllable during in games :) thanks in advance and keep up the good work sir. You deserve to be respected just like sir sithlord and the others who have the knowledge on how to modify this great epic game.
PS: I hope when the mod finishes it can be playable through epsxe emulator like blackchocobo :)

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-08-01 11:59:26 »
@xlostwingx: sir, brilliant video...you gave me hope that someday I will be able to control sephiroth in battles ..I can't wait to see the release of these mods . More power to you and sir jeet.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-08-01 14:09:51 »
@xlostwingx: sir are you Lostwingx who is has this cool sephiroth limit breaks video at YouTube  http://youtu.be/86taLuvg5uc    ???when will you be releasing the controllable character sephiroth ? I mean I hope you can make it possible in the black chocobo editor :) it would be a treat...and oh yah nice background song for that video .may I know what are the title of the tracks???? ummm just in case sir, can I get ur email?i really want to have sephiroth as a controllable char in my psx emulator on android.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #11 on: 2013-08-01 15:01:42 »
...like hojo did in his fight, make his minions disapear and transform himself into a bigger monster...

Hojo technically is three separate battles with no interruption between them. If you want to get rid of the other characters, take a look at Cait Sith's "Transform" limit action. It removes the other two characters while keeping them "alive" and you battle with a bigger Cait. You could give one of the characters an action that does that, but instead of a bigger version of themself you could replace it with a large enemy.

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013-08-01 16:09:49 »
NFITC1: Yes thats exactly what i want to do but the problem is i dont know the files where i can change the effect of the transform limit break.And with that way it will be possible to control the monster, unlike with vincent limit break.If i understand , for hojo fight he dont use something similar to cait sith? he just die and let the next fight begin? but there is a skill named " vanish" and " appear" in hojo'skills ( when you look at hojo with the hojo program :D ); so i was thinking these two skills could be helpful.

Criminal mind: playing with sephiroth is very easy but it cant be done with a save game editor like black chocobo you can do this with  gameshark using the "ultimate sephiroth code " and " control sephiroth code" with PEC.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-27 09:35:23 by Jeet »

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-08-01 16:43:14 »
Control Sephiroth in battle is very easy, simply use the WallMarket program and delete his AI.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2013-08-01 22:29:24 »
Jeet: sir your was is impressive! I understand that I can't control sephiroth using BC...I tried Gshark codes but I really can't encode it using epsxe emu using my android tablet..I don't want to take risk and use pec via pc coz my anti virus detects malware when u download the pec...anyhow, when will you be releasing your program sir? the fact that it offers playable boss characters makes it exciting playing ff7 from the start until the end. Thanks in advance

vayneruel: is the program still in the database of our forum? Sir, you are saying that it is possible to control Seph with wallmarket? I mean I will be able to use it with my save game data altered by BC?thanks sir

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2013-08-01 23:38:29 »
Yes criminal mind, use the Wallmarket program of this forum, open Kernel.bin, go to the inital data, character AI and delete de Sephiroth AI.When you use Sephiroth is fully controllably.
See my video, Sephiroth is playable ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZHWSKiFzeQ

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2013-08-02 01:37:24 »
@vayneruel: superb and awesome video sir! like x 1million! umm i just have a problem that i have forget to tell you sir...coz i am playing ff7 via epsxe android tablet...ummm i am playing my save game altered via blackchocobo using my pc so yeah... i edited sephiroth have him in my party and transferred the save file unto my android...is it still possible if i alter the AI in my pc folder and save it there and thereafter transfer the altered save unto my android tablet despite the fact that the ff7 game in my android hasnt been altered by wallmarket?????? thanks for the reply sir.

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2013-08-02 14:08:22 »
Well, wallmarket edited the Kernel.BIN file, so if you edited your save gamer with Black chocobo you don´t have a problem, i think you play FF7 in emulator and use a ISO or BIN image, its right?
More easy, say me the version of game you playing and i search his kernel and edited for you ;)

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2013-08-02 14:23:19 »
Im not sure but if you use this method , each time sephiroth will talk (in field) the game will crash, so there is two way to have him working without crash, the first is to modify the KERNEL like Vayneruel said, but after this you have to modify your game save with blackchocobo to have sephiroth instead of cloud ( for example) but ONLY in battle, i dont know if black chocobo can modify the character for battle only, because if they give you sephiroth in field and battle, your game will crash for sure. The second method to have him is the one i used to have sephiroth in game without crash:

-Download CDprog  or CDmage (CDprog is harder to find but really easiest to use)

-Open your ff7 iso with CDmage or CDprog

-GO into " battle6" folder, right click on "SEFIROS.LZS"(this is the battle model of sephiroth) >extract the  file

-Go to CLOUD.LZS ( or any other character you want to be sephiroth) right clik on it and select insert file>choose the SEFIROS.LZS file that you have just extracted and insert it.

-If you use CDprog that all you have to do, if you use CDmage you have to save your altered ff7 iso, and then use this iso to play>Cloud will be sephiroth in battle, its just a battle model swapping ( this method work only for playable character, if you want to swap Enemies characters with playable one game will crash,but it will work in my mod since i modified the files.)

My mod will be done in one week i think but the way to install it is the same as this. (for someone who never used this it maybe seem complicated compared to a simple PATCH , but in the end its very easy to do and fast, remplacing manually each characters files and unlike a gameshark code you only have to do it once , its permanent)

« Last Edit: 2013-08-02 14:24:54 by Jeet »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2013-08-05 19:13:58 »
So i finnally know how vincent's limit break are working, i know many ppl said even by deleting vincent's IA his limit break canot be controlled, there is a way to control vincent limit break and even modify the monster who he will be.

The LIBRE program is not the key, this program just modify the " effect" of the limit break, when i say effet i mean the boost stats for example, and the fact vincent because incontrollable, but the fact he disapear and transform into a monster is not modified by LIBRE, since its not in the same file , when vincent transform himself its an " animation" so its a value in his model battle : VINSENT.LZS , on the animation section,an animation called " AC 00" , 00 make him into gallean beast. 02 into death gigas ( or big gigas i dont remember the name) etc, to summarize , by copying vincent's limit break animation values in his battle file, and put it into any other character, i can have cloud transforming into chaos and control him.

Using this method i can have finnally what i was looking for, giving to sephiroth his own limit break, transforming him into a bizzaro's or safer sephiroth, and control him, its working, but now i need to find the values of the animation " transform " of cait sith who make everyone disapear ( like i said i canot transform into a big enemy like safer or bizzaro sephiroth if my two other characters are still in the battle, cait sith limit break can " erase them"), so i'll make a special limit break using the "transform " animation of caitsith combined with the "transform "animation of vincent If  im right the result will be just like ff10  summon system.

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2013-08-05 20:41:17 »
Its possible you found this in Batini.X file, contains the HP up for Vincent´s limit and AI of these, but im dont know where are the animations.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2013-08-06 09:42:08 »
this is so good I can't even begin to describe!

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2013-08-06 13:30:46 »
@vayneruel and Jeet : sir i am very sorry for the late reply, i have been preoccupied lately with some paperworks at the office. as regards the control sephiroth issue...my cousin showed me a work-around to get him controlled during battles but i do not like his advice because its just temporary... he gave me this ISO gameshark version 5 and asked me to insert it in my FPSE emulator so as to input this PAL gameshark codes (enable and control sephiroth in the game)..so yeah the annoying thing is that ..i have to enable the cheat whenever i want to play sephiroth, otherwise... sephiroth will be uncontrollable. ummm i want sephiroth to be permanent in my save and game file without the use of this gameshark thing. i decided to try the kernel remedy and the cdprog remedy which you guys have advised me. thank you very much.

@vayneruel: sir, i am playing ff7 via FPSE emulator and the file is ISO. the game is a PAL version sir... i hope you can help me. thanks in advance.  :|

@jeet: sir, i will try your advise ...but right now i think i just want to wait for your "ff7 mod" because it is more interesting and worth playing sir.. i hope you will get to finish it in due time =) i am excited. the limit breaks of sephiroth is very promising... i cannot wait to have the program. i hope the program will be a freeware =)  i do hope that your mod game will also be playable via psx emulator sir =)  coz i am playing ff7 via android.... i dont want to play it via laptop coz its uncomfortable for me. :-(

THANKS IN ADVANCE. i will be updating myself by visiting our thread. CHEERS! :mrgreen:

edit: sir jeet.. i have tried looking for the programs ...no cdprog available....on the net...all are infected with virus.. if you have any link where i can download i hope you can share it =)    many thanks again. link of cdmage will be fine sir if you have one. also, will it not damage may original iso file (ex: disc 1 iso) if i will edit them using cdmage? anyway i have tried your procedure sir but when i got into the cloud file and right click it..there is no "insert file" function...mmm?

sir vayneruel..i cant operate wallmarket..it always crashes... my os is windows vista : sony vaio.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 05:40:56 by criminal mind »

vayneruel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2013-08-06 17:58:23 »
Dont worry criminal mind, i need the id of the game for example i use the spanish version and his id is SCES_00900, so you says me the id of your game to find the correct kernel.bin for your game.

criminal mind

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2013-08-07 03:51:26 »
@vayneruel: sir here is the id of my PAL ff7 game SCES_208.67  =)
thanks in advance sir