Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844660 times)

ploppo

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.40)
« Reply #1175 on: 2018-05-29 21:33:00 »
I believe he said with Ultima, it's something about the battle not being able to continue after using it as a regular spell.
Of all the enemy spells this one can be used. Even some of the [Enemy-Death] animation can work as spells given it added damage figure points.
One hopes for HW to edit spell animations more deeply.
Doesn't happen with me...

i see , a temporary solution could be something like : create a copy of a global magic like doomsday , then give it the animation of ultima,  but not every aspect of the animation , only the physical appearance and the sound effect , but for the rest , it will be the usual doomsday

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2018-05-29 21:35:33 »

Doesn't happen with me...
[/quote]

hmm , maybe the problem is my pc , maybe something related with the video card , i have an outdated acer aspire 6930 g XD

Incinerator

« Reply #1177 on: 2018-05-29 21:39:26 »
I will now work on Alternate Fantasy for a while. I'll make an international version first

Will it be getting extra features exclusive for the international version??

« Last Edit: 2018-05-29 22:37:41 by Incinerator »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 2018-05-29 23:21:15 »
@Incinerator  @Trilititi ok i solved the problem of the new battle spot interface , in my pc i have to reduce the window , then set the full screen , and the interface become completely visible , and now i see how this modification is excellent , it show the disposition of the enemies before and after the explosion of mist

ploppo

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.39b)
« Reply #1179 on: 2018-05-30 02:39:21 »
It's stored resources.assets :: BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt
It's arranged as:

Code: [Select]
  "2924": { // field ID
    "138" // Enemy ID : "35", // Music to Play

Though for You're not Alone event in particular, the function is ran from the script, with "RunSoundCode( 0, 0 )"; played throughout the scene. The three battles are not present in BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt, to prevet the changing of music during battle encounter.
It is in the Main_Loop function of field: Pand./Mind Control IIRC.

Change it from the script; change it from p0data61.bin

i need some more instructions :\ , i found the p0data61 in the unity assets section , and i found the song i want to replace and the one to make the substitution , but from there i can't see how i can switch those osts , also , in the main_loop section of pand\ming control i didn't found " RunSoundCode( 0, 0 ) " , but only " RunSoundCode( 16897, 48 ) " and some other numbers , but probably i wasn't clear enough , my objective is to have the ost " you are not alone " , during the random battles , not the opposite :D
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 03:17:45 by ploppo »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 2018-05-30 06:42:32 »
@ToraCarol:
1) I don't know :/
The "set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L" line should be the one that hides the weapon if I am not mistaken. I'll look in the engine if there are special instances where it's not good enough.
2) You can select one of the "Seiken" command and link it to the other "Seiken" command because they share the same abilities anyway ; that frees 4 slots that you can distribute somewhere else. You can do the same with Dagger's summons (normal & trance commands).
3) I gave the answer to that: musics are stored in the p0data61 archive and you can swap/replace them at will. You only need to have your music in .ogg format (and define looping points if you want it to loop in-game ; it is a feature of .ogg files).

1) Ok, thanks a bunch! Let me know in case ;)
2) I know,  but I really cannot figure what can be the best solution if I want to make this slot for Blank with his 4 own abilities.. for example, I tried to share with Zidane..but the fact is that he simply share the same abilities with Zidane, and I cannot try to modify, because are linked and if I remove abilities for Blank I'll remove also for Zidane..so I really don't know how to do!!
So what is your suggestion? How did you do with Marcus's ability?
3) My god..sorry! I really missed it! :oops: Thank you so much!

Another little question, just because I'm curios.. it's possible to give to Blank a Trance comand too? Or is something kinda hard?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 07:08:19 by ToraCarol »

Incinerator

« Reply #1181 on: 2018-05-30 07:41:06 »
i need some more instructions :\ , i found the p0data61 in the unity assets section , and i found the song i want to replace and the one to make the substitution , but from there i can't see how i can switch those osts , also , in the main_loop section of pand\ming control i didn't found " RunSoundCode( 0, 0 ) " , but only " RunSoundCode( 16897, 48 ) " and some other numbers , but probably i wasn't clear enough , my objective is to have the ost " you are not alone " , during the random battles , not the opposite :D

Exactly it right here. The RunSoundCode. You just seen it.
Right, so I did see unclear. For wanting Your not Alone as battle bgm; (this be easier you), swap out the your not alone bgm (IIRC music028.akb,bytes) with battle bgm: (music006.akb.bytes)

BEWARE:
Some hz with bgm play different ignoring that of sdlib.dll you're okay with you're not alone bgm.

it's possible to give to Blank a Trance comand too? Or is something kinda hard?

According to Tirlititi, not possible to give them trances because of many reasons I don't completely know. One being they don't have a trance model.
Interesting test I did a long time ago:
Making one of the Tantalus members or Beatrix apply trance on themselves (e.g. some spell to apply trance to target) would actually make them go into trance with the set command and everything. And even more bazaar, they'd mimic a trance bar, as it "goes down" with every turn (even though there's no trance bar there); they also sometimes turn transparent/semi-transparent when at this "improper trance". The exception to all this being once their "trance" 'ends', the game will freeze and crash. Maybe some datas with trying to load non trance model after trance ends; i don't know, Tirlititi to clarify.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: 2018-05-30 08:48:08 »
@ploppo: You can right-click on files in the Unity Assets Viewer to export files and import them back.
The files exported appear in a folder "HadesWorkshopAssets" in your FF9 game directory. To import a file, you must put the new file in that "HadesWorkshopAssets" folder (in a sub-directory actually) exactly at the same place and exactly with the same name as when the file is exported.

@ToraCarol: I think that you didn't get it. Once you have linked Seiken abilities and Summon abilities, it frees space for other commands. Once you have done that, you can add up to 12 spells in another command without being told that there's no space.

About Blank's sword... It's strange but I got it!

So actually, "set character[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L" hides weapons only for the enemies (it might be that they have weapons meshes but I don't think so, so it's useless) and not for the party characters.
"set character[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1" hides weapons (as well as other stuff ; the character doesn't seem to even exist when its presence is off) but it is called a bit later, just before the ATB appears and the battle starts.

Conclusion: Dagger's weapon also appears mid-air before the battle starts. I just checked it on a youtube video and, indeed, there is a very small window during which you can clearly see her weapon...

So, I think that it's another bug of the Steam version. In the "btl_mot::HideMesh" and "btl_mot::ShowMesh", there is a "if" line that is wrong:
if (mesh == 65535 && btl.bi.player == 0) ...I think that it should be "!= 0" instead: it was meant to take care of weapons only if the character is a team member and not the opposite.

You may fix the bug in this particular battle by adding another PRESENCE_OFF line together with the shadow/model hiding (still keep the PRESENCE_OFF lines that are below):
if ( #VAR_GlobUInt16_28 ) {
    set VAR_GlobUInt8_46++
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[SHADOW] =$ 0
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_28[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[SHADOW] =$ 0
    set VAR_GlobUInt16_42[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1
}
Unless I'm mistaken, it should not crash the game  8)

About giving trance to someone else, I'll make a few tests but it may be possible to actually do it now with dnSpy/Albeoris's Memoria. Of course, unless you import another model, the trance appearance will be roughly the same as the normal state.
I don't guarantee anything though ^^'

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 2018-05-30 11:24:58 »

@ToraCarol: I think that you didn't get it. Once you have linked Seiken abilities and Summon abilities, it frees space for other commands. Once you have done that, you can add up to 12 spells in another command without being told that there's no space.

About Blank's sword... It's strange but I got it!

So actually, "set character[MODEL_OFF] =$ 65535L" hides weapons only for the enemies (it might be that they have weapons meshes but I don't think so, so it's useless) and not for the party characters.
"set character[PRESENCE_OFF] =$ 1" hides weapons (as well as other stuff ; the character doesn't seem to even exist when its presence is off) but it is called a bit later, just before the ATB appears and the battle starts.

Conclusion: Dagger's weapon also appears mid-air before the battle starts. I just checked it on a youtube video and, indeed, there is a very small window during which you can clearly see her weapon...

So, I think that it's another bug of the Steam version. In the "btl_mot::HideMesh" and "btl_mot::ShowMesh", there is a "if" line that is wrong:
if (mesh == 65535 && btl.bi.player == 0) ...I think that it should be "!= 0" instead: it was meant to take care of weapons only if the character is a team member and not the opposite.

You may fix the bug in this particular battle by adding another PRESENCE_OFF line together with the shadow/model hiding (still keep the PRESENCE_OFF lines that are below):
    set VAR_GlobUInt8_46++
}
Unless I'm mistaken, it should not crash the game  8)

About giving trance to someone else, I'll make a few tests but it may be possible to actually do it now with dnSpy/Albeoris's Memoria. Of course, unless you import another model, the trance appearance will be roughly the same as the normal state.
I don't guarantee anything though ^^'

1) Aaaaaaaaah!!! Oh my!! Ok, maybe, MAYBE, I got it this time... in case I didn't I'll let you know.. please understand me.. I'm a mess  ;)
2) Ah! Yeah that's it! I forgot to mention that there was the same identical problem with Dagger Weapon. My, I seriously can't believe that the Steam version is full of bug..thanks a bunch!!! I'll try then!

Talking about bug, there was an old error that i need to try to take hand now that I know better how to do, anyway I'll try to explain, maybe you can also give me an hint on this!
Is at the Ipsen Castle, so.. I would to know two things...

- It may be possibilities to take Blank in the Party even if Amarant isn't in?
-How could I avoid this error? --> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14315.1050 (is the last topic in the page)

It would be nice if now I'll be able to add Blank in every scene of Ipsen Castle, the last ones too!
As Incinerator said, it may be a missing piece of the puzzle if I did not put him in... and I think it may be a pity!

3) Too bad that Memoria and Hws are not compatibles each other, togheter they could give birth to a fantastic modded game in my opinion! Thank you anyway for your kind answer, really!
 You guys are helping me alot!

« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 15:15:37 by ToraCarol »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2018-05-30 11:54:25 »
@Incinerator @Trilititi ok thanks , now i try to swap the ost and let you know :D , i am sure it will be easy , infact now i want to ask some other information : i want to become immune to the "snort" attack of the yan , you know , the one who can literally send a character to fuck lol , so how can i do that ?
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 11:59:46 by ploppo »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: 2018-05-30 14:01:13 »
@Incinerator @Trilititi  it worked , i extracted the ost i wanted , extracted the ost that must be substituted , and renamed the ost i wanted with the name of the original one , and now i can hear " you are not alone " every time i want :D , but there is another problem related to the music that  i need instructions for : i placed tantarian and ozma in the isle were normally we can find the yan , and now , every time i fight with tantarian or ozma , there isn't any music , so what's the procedure to solve this problem ? i mean , maybe it depend on the fact that for the bosses i must place an ost in the field were it appear , but i am not sure about that  ; why in the steam version isn't possible to access the "battle scene" page ? is important for me to solve this problem because i also have to set the song "jaster of the moon" during all the fights against zon and trom , including the fight were they return to their original form XD
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 14:33:16 by ploppo »

ToraCarol

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2018-05-30 15:18:04 »

set VAR_GlobUInt8_46++
}

It works perfectly, no mid-air wapons finally!..but, now there's a little problem!! Zidane attacks instead of Dagger and Blank when i try to call their commands..but why?? :'(

UPDATE: And..another thing that I noticed now..the model of Dagger didn't showed off correctly. I mean there's her floating head and..yeah.. it's quite embarassing  ::)

UPDATE2: I can stay ok with the bug if only the camera may be changed and make a better shot...man, that camera thing pisses me off  >:(
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 16:33:19 by ToraCarol »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: 2018-05-30 20:54:28 »
@trilititi , did you ever considered the possibility to create a modding program like hades workshop for final fantasy 8 ? it is really needed you know , for now the only things that are created for that game are mods to make the game harder , but nothing for people who want to have fun :\ , there are some comments of mine before this one :D

Incinerator

« Reply #1188 on: 2018-05-30 21:02:56 »
i want to become immune to the "snort"

Don't believe that possible (with basic editing?)
Snort removes a target from battle; don't think there's an innate way to be immune to that.

i placed tantarian and ozma in the isle were normally we can find the yan , and now , every time i fight with tantarian or ozma , there isn't any music , so what's the procedure to solve this problem ?

If I hear correctly, you placed Tantarian and Ozma fightable on the world map where Yans are originally found (on vile island??)

If so, and anytime you move/add an enemy to a new field to battle; for the encounter music to play, you must edit the BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt for fields and/or WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt for world map enemies.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2018-05-30 21:07:34 »
Don't believe that possible (with basic editing?)
Snort removes a target from battle; don't think there's an innate way to be immune to that.

If I hear correctly, you placed Tantarian and Ozma fightable on the world map where Yans are originally found (on vile island??)

If so, and anytime you move/add an enemy to a new field to battle; for the encounter music to play, you must edit the BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt for fields and/or WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt for world map enemies.

so about the snort , i fortunately found a temporary solution , i just nullified the effect of the snort but selecting the "no effect" in the ability section of the jan , so basically the yan use snort , but i can't really erase anyone , but i prefer a genuine immunity , like every other negative status :D , and about tantarian and ozma , yes , i placed them in vile island XD , and now i need to know how to associate to them some music again , i must do the same to change the ost when i fight zon and trom , can you be a little more specific ? because this time isn't only a matter of switch an ost , i must give an ost to a boss that no longer have it , while the yan in the isle still have it despite the fact that i changed their location , infact , the friendly yan is now outside of the black forest , it is in the dirt , along with the normal yan , while in the little forest i placed ozma and tantarian, the only thing i got is that both the files you mentioned can be found trough the unity asset viewer of hades workshop
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 21:12:00 by ploppo »

Incinerator

« Reply #1190 on: 2018-05-30 21:14:24 »
i placed them in vile island XD

That's what I thought, so yes, you must edit: WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt

Add the enemies' ID to the list.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2018-05-30 21:17:28 »
That's what I thought, so yes, you must edit: WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt

Add the enemies' ID to the list.

ok but what exactly i must do to accomplish that ? i must open the unity engine assets with hades workshop , then how i proceed ? were can i find the enemy id ? and how can i change the music that is played when i face zon and tron ?

Incinerator

« Reply #1192 on: 2018-05-30 21:24:04 »
ok but what exactly i must do to accomplish that ? i must open the unity engine assets with hades workshop , then how i proceed ? were can i find the enemy id ? and how can i change the music that is played when i face zon and tron ?

Yes like Tirlititi said, use Unity assets viewer, open archive resources.assets, navigate and find WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt extract it.

You can see enemy id in HW by checking "Show Enemy IDs"; in WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt, you identify which BGM to play by placing it's ID with the syntax.

ex:

"9000": { // world loc. ID
    "138" // Enemy ID : "35", // Music to Play (35 is boss battle theme)

For Zorn and Thorn, edit the BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt and do the same.
You can check the field of where Zorn and Thorn is encountered at Alexandria/Chapel, iirc, find it's ID.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 21:25:57 by Incinerator »

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2018-05-30 21:26:16 »
Yes like Tirlititi said, use Unity assets viewer, open archive resources.assets, navigate and find WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt extract it.

You can see enemy id in HW by checking "Show Enemy IDs"; in WldEncountBgmMetaData.txt, you identify which BGM to play by placing it's ID with the syntax.

ex:

"9000": { // world loc. ID
    "138" // Enemy ID : "35", // Music to Play (35 is boss battle theme)

For Zorn and Thorn, edit the BtlEncountBgmMetaData.txt and do the same.

ok thanks , i will let you know the results , in the mean time i want to say that i hope that someone create a program like hades worshop even for final fantasy 8 , there are already too many mods that only make the game more hard , there are also people like me who want the possibility to have fun and become extremely strong and annihilate any enemy like is nothing :D

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2018-05-30 21:51:59 »
@Incinerator sorry if i am taking so much time to understand but i have problems to find what you told me to find , in the archivie the options are : streaming assets , levels , shared assets , what's the option i must select ? and once i select it , what file i must chose ?

Incinerator

« Reply #1195 on: 2018-05-30 22:17:51 »
@Incinerator sorry if i am taking so much time to understand but i have problems to find what you told me to find , in the archivie the options are : streaming assets , levels , shared assets , what's the option i must select ? and once i select it , what file i must chose ?

resources

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2018-05-30 22:34:49 »
resources

so it must be : resources assets -> resources , right ? but i still don't find those two files , maybe i don't find them because they have a different name after the patch :O
« Last Edit: 2018-05-30 23:12:28 by ploppo »

Incinerator

« Reply #1197 on: 2018-05-30 23:39:58 »
so it must be : resources assets -> resources , right ? but i still don't find those two files , maybe i don't find them because they have a different name after the patch :O

They have the same name and are in resources.assets. Sort names alphabetically to aid in search the list.

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2018-05-30 23:51:00 »
They have the same name and are in resources.assets. Sort names alphabetically to aid in search the list.

ok i finally found them :D  thanks

ploppo

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2018-05-31 01:07:59 »
@Incinerator ok , i am noticing something strange in those txt files : there is always the "0" as ost to play , and the ost number 0 is the main theme of the game , the other number used is the 61 , what's the meaning of this ? according to this values there are only two osts used , but this isn't really possible :\
« Last Edit: 2018-05-31 03:15:08 by ploppo »