Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000628 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #50 on: 2010-05-17 17:43:32 »
i just ordered one of those usb memcard adaptors for the ps3 , so once i get it i should be able to do more w/ psv files :), might even be able to do more w/ psx memcards (depending on if i can get it to work w/ my computer or not)..

It's worked perfectly for me.   

Wait... aren't you running Linux?   From my experience it works perfectly in Windows

yes i am thank you, it does run in wine just fine. but it can not convert saves, i have also tried it in my VM with not luck (and have tried it w/ others windows machines.) i will have to look the link u sent. cause i also don't recall it including any dll files

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010-05-17 19:51:28 »
Wow your program is the most complete savegame editor for ff7 I've ever seen after Jenova. But can I suggest adding a little tweak?? Its just that Vincent's Death Penalty gets stronger with more enemies killed by him right?? Can you add a feature to also the edit the enemies defeated by each character?? If its not much trouble though. :) Oh and I was curious, what is the level progress in the party tab?? ???

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #52 on: 2010-05-17 21:15:03 »
Wow your program is the most complete savegame editor for ff7 I've ever seen after Jenova. But can I suggest adding a little tweak?? Its just that Vincent's Death Penalty gets stronger with more enemies killed by him right?? Can you add a feature to also the edit the enemies defeated by each character?? If its not much trouble though. :)

Well thanks for noticeing that its "complete" (i don't think it is at all but then again i prolly know more about whats in the same game). as for your suggestion. there is already a box for kills of each char its called Kills and is located in the party tab (look at the screen shot)

Oh and I was curious, what is the level progress in the party tab?? ???
he level progress bar is their progress towards the next level (look after a battle it fills..).it is really on there to be complete since editing it doesn't do much of ne thing. the game appears to calculate it "on-the-fly". i really don't know why they bother to save it. or maybe i am going about editing it incorrectly.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-05-17 21:33:37 »
Oops there is in fact the one that I need. Damn I'm feeling sleepy today. Sorry. :-\ And also for me your editor is already complete but if you add more features it'll be more fun to play with. Thanks for the editor. :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #54 on: 2010-05-17 21:49:34 »
Oops there is in fact the one that I need. Damn I'm feeling sleepy today. Sorry. :-\ And also for me your editor is already complete but if you add more features it'll be more fun to play with. Thanks for the editor. :)

your most welcome for the editor. enjoy it. and there is much more to be hacked out of the save game. the ultimate goal of black chocobo is to be able to make a save game 100% from nothing for all version of FF7.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-05-17 23:04:32 »
How is the progress on that? Do you think you can make say 50% of it from scratch right now?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-05-24 05:46:21 »
Glad to see you still have the time to work on your editor. :) By the way I'd really love to use you're editor to replay some events in the game which I really like to see like Cloud's Flashback with Zack, or is it possible or only the other events??

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #57 on: 2010-05-24 11:57:46 »
all events should be replayable once i hack out the progression vars.

blade911

« Reply #58 on: 2010-05-24 15:34:02 »
Good job on what I've seen so far, But is there any way to export to PSV or have there not been a crack for the encryption?
anyway good luck on the project.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #59 on: 2010-05-24 15:56:47 »
Good job on what I've seen so far, But is there any way to export to PSV or have there not been a crack for the encryption?
anyway good luck on the project.

i will be working on psv creation, i'm still waiting on my ps3 memcard reader.... as far as i know the checksum needs to be cracked. since my tests where i just slip the data in the ps3 will see it but not copy the psv file. you can however currently. copy your psv, export it to psx format , edit it put it on a psx memcard and use the convertor to put it on a ps3.

EDIT/UPDATE:
so i got home and my adapter was waiting for me. you can 100% use a psx memcard to put save data on the ps3. the psv files contain a checksum of 40 bytes , starting at offset 0x09. but for the time being if you can get your data on to a psx memcard you can use the memory card adapter to copy your edited saves to your ps3/psp
« Last Edit: 2010-05-24 21:42:42 by sithlord48 »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #60 on: 2010-05-25 02:52:08 »
i know thid is stupid, and im only asking as a joke, but you know what would be funny?

give us the ability to switch cloud with young cloud all the way through the game :P

i would have a riot, especially if someone makes a seperate model for young cloud

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-05-25 03:03:21 »
I played as Young Cloud once.  He is exponentially stronger than normal Cloud.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #62 on: 2010-05-25 03:05:06 »

O.o really?.... *claps my hands together and begins to scheme evily*

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010-05-25 06:36:56 »
How'd you do that?? Never tried that. Did you mess with Meteor?? And how strong exactly?? Does his stats grow stronger than the normal Cloud when leveling up?? ???

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #64 on: 2010-05-25 07:12:35 »
For Sithlord48...
For wahtever you find in the savemap, can you put it back in the wiki...
Did I add you to the wiki yet?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010-05-25 07:30:32 »
How'd you do that?? Never tried that. Did you mess with Meteor?? And how strong exactly?? Does his stats grow stronger than the normal Cloud when leveling up?? ???

Well you can just use black chocobo to add young cloud to the party by using the drop down box on the party screen and setting a character to 0x09 (09 is young cloud, 0A is sephiroth and 0B is a chocobo but doesnt work right in battle and usually ends up as barret), this method only works upto kalm though, after that if you still want young cloud in your party you can use my trainer or hex edit your save since its pretty easy just for the few values that young cloud uses, but keep in mind young cloud shares a slot with cait sith by default, its possible to change this but i dont recommend it.

all events should be replayable once i hack out the progression vars.
sithlord48 if you find these vars could you please post them, i already made a teleport code and i can jump to events but there are some places that if i teleport to are at the wrong time, like for example if i teleport to the reactor1 it teleports me to reactor5 instead of 1 because of progress (so if i haven't completed reactor1 i can teleport there but as soon as its complete if i try to teleport there it ends up as reactor5)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #66 on: 2010-05-25 11:57:44 »
@halkun, yes i have been slowly adding to the savemap.

@young cloud peoplez, its possible but as kranmer said young clound and cait sith share a char slot. i have yet to work on this further but it is on my todo list. (seppie too).

@kranmer,  same thing happens when you teleport w/ bchocobo, as your aware the quest progression values need to be cracked for that to change. this is also on my todo list and now that i can teleport mostly anywhere. this is towards the top of my list. (up there w/ psv creation.)

@everyone, i will be working on psv checksums anyone who would like to help please pm me.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010-05-25 12:06:51 »
@halkun, yes i have been slowly adding to the savemap.

@young cloud peoplez, its possible but as kranmer said young clound and cait sith share a char slot. i have yet to work on this further but it is on my todo list. (seppie too).

@kranmer,  same thing happens when you teleport w/ bchocobo, as your aware the quest progression values need to be cracked for that to change. this is also on my todo list and now that i can teleport mostly anywhere. this is towards the top of my list. (up there w/ psv creation.)

@everyone, i will be working on psv checksums anyone who would like to help please pm me.
Ok thanks for letting me know,
also if you want the value that changes cait sith to young cloud and that changes sephiroth to vincent and vise versa i already found the value and it appears its the same for saves, also it is possible to change any character into sephiroth instead of just vincent (and same with young cloud) so that way you can have vincent and sephiroth at the same time, but they still share the same equips and name etc

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010-05-25 13:32:58 »
I did it using the USO Code on the PSX.  Say Cloud's stats grow by x^1, Young Cloud seemed more like x^3 IIRC.   Much too strong for such an easy game

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #69 on: 2010-05-27 22:47:33 »
How is the progress on that? Do you think you can make say 50% of it from scratch right now?

i have done some math and i can now answer your question, i can from scratch create 72.2% of a save file. since 27.8% of the save file is unknown. so we can write 3133 of the saves 4340 bytes. leaving 1207 bytes of unknown data). 

Masteradam

« Reply #70 on: 2010-05-28 17:15:25 »
hey first time poster long time lurker here :D

I have noticed a little quirk in v1.1 where the items I have selected (carbon bangle,ribbon and tetra elemental)come up in game as something totally different. I read through the thread and did a quick search of the forum and I cant seem to find anyone else who reported this so this may have been overlooked. I dont know if its specific to mods I have installed or to my system, I will post a screenshot and relevant system details.

I am playing on a laptop, it has;
Intel Core Duo T2050 1.6GHz
1GB RAM
Intel 945GM Graphics
Windows XP Pro SP3
Latest Drivers are installed
FF7 Remix v2.5.1 installed

Many thanks for any help recieved and for such an awesome community! :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #71 on: 2010-05-28 18:25:32 »
it could be your mods. but then again jenova and black chocobo should see all the items as the same , since for items/weapons/armor/materia lists are just ported from jenova. is it only when u put them in your "items" ? i will look it to in as soon as i get a chance. also can u provide me w/ a full list if there are others you noticed.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010-05-28 18:35:46 »
Oh by the way who made the Jenova save game editor?? It's the oldest but most capable save game editor before yours.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #73 on: 2010-05-28 18:38:15 »
Oh by the way who made the Jenova save game editor?? It's the oldest but most capable save game editor before yours.

qhimm made jenova.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #74 on: 2010-05-28 23:45:37 »
as much as i love jenova, i've said it before, black chocobo has taken over