Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 528432 times)

Rukenu

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #600 on: 2015-07-19 18:00:08 »
Okay, thank you for your answer and as always for your work, get your time : ).

IMBAdenG

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2015-07-19 23:12:13 »
There are no manual downloads at this time. I am going to wait until 2.0 to provide you with manual downloads because the file format is changing in 2.0 and everyone will have to uninstall 1.x mods and redownload all 2.0 again. Hopefully you will have no issues then.

FOR EVERYONE WHO ASKED FOR HELP THIS WEEK

I am not going to do anymore troubleshooting until v2.0 of the Catalog is released. I most definitely want to help resolve your issues, but it would be redundant to do so now since so many changes are being made in the next update. Please be patient with me, the update is almost here  :)

Wow that would be even better... I will be waiting patiently for that bro..  :mrgreen:

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2015-07-20 12:50:50 »
Based on the issue you are having with the audio drivers, I found what seems to be a fix for me with a similar issue.

I have my soundcard in which my speakers are plugged into, and I have my headset which is USB. I regularly switch between them depending on the time of day/night that I am gaming and whether or not my girlfriend is home. This caused a bit of an issue because the FF7Config only gives you the option to select one output for sound, and re-running the config tool breaks 7th Heaven. There was a workaround provided which involved running the game converter again to redo the config files, but that is time consuming and annoying to do every time you want to switch outputs. It should be as simple as switching the output on the PC (which I have setup through a macro on my keyboard).

So here's what I did to fix the issue:

Start > Run > regedit.exe

From there, go to (this is on a 64bit win 8.1 install) computer > hkey_local_machine > software > wow6432node > square soft, inc. > final fantasy vii > 1.00 > sound

You'll find 4 registry entries here: default, options, sfxvolume, sound_guid

All you have to do is right-click and delete the sound_guid registry entry. This will make ff7.exe check to the PC's active sound output device every time you launch the game. I've tested this on numerous occasions and it always works without issue.

If anyone finds this causes a bug, feel free to correct me.

I tried all of that yesterday, did a fresh install of the game, patched it, did the 7th heaven and started installing the mods I needed. Removed the registry file , tried starting the game from my TV as the main display and still no sound from it.  Just sound from my headphones and when those are unplugged, sound from the computer speakers.

Vyper

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2015-07-21 00:50:57 »
Did you switch the sound output on your pc to the hdmi? When you delete the registry file, it makes it so the sound from FF7 goes to whatever your default device is.

You can download an app called SoundSwitch, which allows you to setup a keyboard macro to switch between outputs. I have a gaming keyboard with dedicated macro keys so I just programmed one of those.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2015-07-21 02:30:02 »
Alright, I did the switch and when I look at the playback, it only comes up with my TV as the playback output and the HDMI audio outputs which say "not plugged in". I did delete the Registry file before I did the switch and honestly I don't know what could be the issue. It's a Vizio HDTV. xD

wvnative

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2015-07-21 16:01:59 »
There are no manual downloads at this time. I am going to wait until 2.0 to provide you with manual downloads because the file format is changing in 2.0 and everyone will have to uninstall 1.x mods and redownload all 2.0 again. Hopefully you will have no issues then.

FOR EVERYONE WHO ASKED FOR HELP THIS WEEK

I am not going to do anymore troubleshooting until v2.0 of the Catalog is released. I most definitely want to help resolve your issues, but it would be redundant to do so now since so many changes are being made in the next update. Please be patient with me, the update is almost here  :)

Is this 2.0 update forced? I have crappy internet and really don't wanna re-download everything...

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2015-07-22 15:38:04 »
So, we can't have beacause retranslation, and NT mod 1.35 with the V1.49 of 7H right ? Just have to wait for the 2.0 and redownload all ?

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2015-07-23 21:08:56 »
It is definitely worth waiting for sure :3 That Beacause. I really want to see how it feels to be conglaturated in the end :3 *waves to  EQ2Alyza* Thank you as always for your work :D

swerto

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2015-08-01 09:04:52 »
When I try to do step 3, this happens:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 49
   at System.String.Join(String separator, IEnumerable`1 values)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

BakaIceFairy

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2015-08-02 10:43:40 »
Hello!  :)

So, I recently installed Windows 10 and I figured this wouldn't work with w10 right away, or maybe it will never will work with w10. I don't know what you have planned. xP

But anyways, I use to run the Bootleg on W7 and it ran fine then I recently upgraded to 10 and decided to give 7H a try but when installing and using the converter I got an error telling me "Access denied" in the cmd box.

Curious if it does work and I'm just doing something wrong, or is it not supported yet?

Caykc

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2015-08-03 09:03:58 »
Hello, i got a question.

Is there suppose to be a victory fanfare playing after a battle? Because I'm not hearing it and it kinda bugs me.

Leafia_Barrett

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2015-08-03 22:01:56 »
So after a long time of not playing, I decided I wanted to play FF7 again. I ran 7th Heaven, updated it, went to launch, and the window opens, then instantly closes. I don't know why it would do that, since this is the literal exact configuration that worked perfectly fine before updating 7th Heaven. I changed absolutely nothing, yet it doesn't work now. Any ideas?

Smofko

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2015-08-10 13:40:19 »
Hello there,

I found this forum thanks to a recent stream on twitch, decided to replay FF7 myself and try to get these beautiful mods working before that, if at all possible.

Music and sound effects work up until the shown moment in the game :
http://i.imgur.com/dhR8eZX.jpg

Music dies, sound effects still work.

Patched and installed mods successfully, launched the game with the 7thHeaven launcher. Installed only couple of the default shown mods. Nothing that is supposed to interfere with audio.

Going to go over it again with the converter. Not sure what the issue is.

Edit : Redone everything, including cleaning before it manually and with CC. All mods work, as far as I can tell - music is still dead, all the time - keeps throwing error messages like the one shown at me.

Edit 2 : Well, look what I found on the 7th page of this thread ~
Music will not play if you haven't downloaded the Media - Music and Sound mod category and selected an option. That is because the vanilla game runs its music from a different folder location and music format than what Aali's Driver v0.8.1b is set for. If you want to manually install your own music, just drop them into the [gamedir]\music\vgmstream folder. They must be in .ogg format to play.

Too bad that nobody until now felt the need to point that one out in the official tutorials - basically leading to a day full of installing and deinstalling the same stuff over and over again. Pretty great, downloading 2,5GB of music now.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-10 20:30:44 by Smofko »

Volkamar

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2015-08-11 02:04:12 »
I got an error when trying to activate mods:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven\95c92c3e-fa0e-47c5-9625-0f508c4317a8_Animations_1.0.iro'.
File name: 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven\95c92c3e-fa0e-47c5-9625-0f508c4317a8_Animations_1.0.iro'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 300
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.GetModInfo(InstalledItem ii) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 831
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 746
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.bActivateAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 1087
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I had to do a reinstall of the game because clicking on the Config kinda borked everything. If that helps.

Also, how do I get this thing working with a controller?

EDIT: I downloaded a mod I did not get before and it seems to work now. But I still can't activate any of the mods I previously installed without the error popping up.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11 02:21:40 by Volkamar »

Bluarchon

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2015-08-11 18:20:36 »
Hey guys. I just found out about this mod and I was really excited to try it out. I'm using the Steam version of the game and have managed to install everything so far without issues. I activated all the mods and followed the load order but when I launch the game the other mods such as the Menu Overhaul and custom backgrounds and avatars do not seem to work. I also tried changing the field models and then relaunching the game but I still get the same full size models whenever I play.

I tried reading all of the FAQs but I can't find anything that looks similar to my situation.

I'm posting some screenshots below:

1. Menu seems to be broken: http://puu.sh/jxOkN/2cd4a0e9fe.jpg
2. Field models aren't correct as I set it to use the chibi size and used a custom save model: http://puu.sh/jxOo4/214c7f9cec.png
3. Battle menu looks broken and the enemy model didn't update to the high res model neither: http://puu.sh/jxOti/c6ddce49c4.jpg

Here's the APP log file:

Code: [Select]
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.62
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Using PBO
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 3840x2160
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] initializing sound...
[00000001] creating dsound primary buffer
[00000001] reading audio file
[00000001] loading static sounds
[00000001] sound initialized
[00000001] set music volume: 127
[00000001] Entering MAIN
[00000001] Exiting MAIN
[00000001] START OF CREDITS!!!
[00000001] INFO: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
[00000034] set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
[00000099] END OF CREDITS!!!
[00000099] Entering MAIN
[00000099] set music volume: 127
[00000099] Exiting MAIN
[00000099] START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000348] END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000348] Entering MAIN
[00000352] Exiting MAIN
[00000352] Field Start
[00000393] Entering MAIN
[00000395] Exiting MAIN
[00000395] START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000593] WM_CLOSE
[00000593] END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000593] Field Quit
[00000593] UNINITIALIZE DD

And here's a screenshot of my settings: http://puu.sh/jxOEV/4067dbbef0.png

Let me know if you guys need more information.

EDIT: The music and sound effects mod is working at least because I hear Cloud shouting when attacking. Not sure why the others aren't.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-11 18:27:01 by Bluarchon »

Smofko

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2015-08-12 10:22:42 »
And here's a screenshot of my settings: http://puu.sh/jxOEV/4067dbbef0.png

Let me know if you guys need more information.

EDIT: The music and sound effects mod is working at least because I hear Cloud shouting when attacking. Not sure why the others aren't.

As far as I can see, if I remember correctly your paths in the settings are wrong. Check the tutorial paths again.

Library location is wrong, \mods needs to be inserted - is missing.
Aali is wrong, replace bootleg with Textures.

Should fix it  ::)

Bluarchon

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2015-08-12 11:26:48 »
As far as I can see, if I remember correctly your paths in the settings are wrong. Check the tutorial paths again.

Library location is wrong, \mods needs to be inserted - is missing.
Aali is wrong, replace bootleg with Textures.

Should fix it  ::)

You're right! I don't normally miss these things haha. Thanks for the help :)

Oh and another thing. Is there a way to change the default controls (numpad keys) after the game has been converted? I didn't apply the patch as I thought it was only for keyboards without the numpad (i.e., not related to changing the default ones)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post :(
EDIT: I'm an idiot. Found out that you can change it from the game menu. Disregard this or maybe a moderator can delete it  :-D
« Last Edit: 2015-08-12 14:31:16 by EQ2Alyza »

buhfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2015-08-13 02:49:17 »
Hi! First time poster here. I made an account just to tell you how much i love your work, and everyone else's who have contributed here! I'm really looking forward to the next 7th Heaven update. I'd love to see more options for more field and battle character models. I just figured out how to manually install the apz cloud field model. looks fantastic! Installing everything has been very easy too! I have only run across one bug multiple times. sometimes when I enter an area. it will say something like "GLITCH: missed palette write to external texture" is there a way to fix/hide this? I don't see anything wrong when it pops up, besides the big yellow letters telling me so.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2015-08-14 07:58:22 »
It is a problem with the upscaled backgrounds which we don't know to fix (the light layer is broken). Nothing wrong on your end.

nodough

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2015-08-15 14:54:54 »
Below is the error message I'm getting after launching the 7th Heaven App. I ran the conversion correctly in step 1 and everything in the video happened like it should. I haven't been able to open it up once.

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 120

Smofko

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2015-08-15 16:22:10 »
Getting this since today, after trying to start the exe - which worked fine before :

System.InvalidOperationException: Fehler im XML-Dokument (0,0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   bei System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   bei System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   bei Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProfile.Read5_Profile()
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   bei Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:Zeile 10.
   bei Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:Zeile 14.
   bei Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:Zeile 107.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I wonder if the CC Cleaner deleted something vital to the software...

"Delete everything at ...Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop and reopen 7th Heaven. If it opens, you will need to redo your Workshop -> Settings again." ... fixed the launcher again.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-15 16:33:22 by Smofko »

Blaize1023

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2015-08-17 02:42:28 »
getting this error message when I try to open 7th heaven

System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.<VerifySettings>d__2.MoveNext() in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\Settings.cs:line 47
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

link2123

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2015-08-17 08:50:59 »
So I'm having a bit of a problem. I've followed the tutorial up to configuring the 7th heaven client but I can't seem to get the client to pull the catalog of mods correctly. Here is a picture of my client. http://i.imgur.com/KIIJVgL.png?1

As you can see it says it's updated the catalog but nothing is popping up. Could it be because I'm on windows 10 now or possibly something else? Thanks!

regiimoep

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2015-08-18 19:05:01 »
I can open 7th Heaven on my Windows 10 machine, however only two downloads worked so far. Animations and Enemy Battle Models. All the others throw an error at me:
Error Downloading x (x being the Mod I want to DL): System.CompontentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs

Strangely enough, after I got this error for Battle Models, after a short amount of time it installed nonetheless. Some will download. Others won't. Sound and Music immediately throws the Error.

Okay, something else. I have a Graphics Card that automatically runs in 3D Mode. However, it seems FF7 wants to run with the Integrated GFX. Is there any way to fix this?
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 4.0.0 - Build 10.18.10.4252
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Using PBO
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 1920x1080
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
[00000000] INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment shader contains a user varying, but is linked without a vertex shader.

[00000000] ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] initializing sound...
[00000001] creating dsound primary buffer
[00000001] reading audio file
[00000001] loading static sounds
[00000001] sound initialized
[00000001] Entering MAIN
[00000001] Exiting MAIN
[00000001] START OF CREDITS!!!
[00000001] INFO: C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi; vp8/vorbis 1280x960, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 11.133000, frames: 334
[00000002] WM_CLOSE
[00000002] END OF CREDITS!!!
[00000002] Field Quit
[00000002] UNINITIALIZE DD

Oooookay wait wait wait. Somehow, now that I tried it with my German version, the first encounter (the one with the Soldiers) turns into a bugged Yuffie fight. What the hell?
Got the following installed:

https://gyazo.com/037dba2f69458bae5bc5bf6901257a94

This was all on a fresh install of FF7 btw
« Last Edit: 2015-08-18 20:36:25 by regiimoep »

Bluarchon

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2015-08-20 17:47:42 »
Is it possible to run SweetFX or any other post processing with 7th Heaven?