Author Topic: [FF7PC] Turks Mod Complete (1.1)  (Read 46799 times)

NameSpoofer

[FF7PC] Turks Mod Complete (1.1)
« on: 2008-11-20 23:40:35 »
This mod has been submitted to and authorised by Moddb.com. Link:  http://www.moddb.com/mods/ff7-pc-turks-mod. Please support the mod by rating it and writing reviews. Thanks. Also, you can download the text change for this mod here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IC150Q0
« Last Edit: 2014-07-17 23:20:15 by Covarr »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: [PROJECT] Original Field Model Rufus Shinra Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-21 00:23:43 »
Like what you did here :D

Take your pick:

Original                             Cool                                Requested

Hope they suffice :D

NameSpoofer

« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-21 00:56:02 »
The 'cool' avatar is awesome NeoCloudstrife, much better than the one I prefer.

If things go smoothly, ill be able to release a beta patch next week.

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-21 01:02:39 »
this looks awesome. :P great screenshots! cool to see my patch in there. xD
i'm deffinitely gonna give this a try when it's released.

hmm, chocobo.lgp and high-us.lgp are going to be a bit hard to edit.
they're a bit different and have less pieces than the field/world model.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-21 18:08:28 »
That.... is....AWESOME!!! :-o :-o
[please show a screeny of the battle with Vincent! :evil: ]

NameSpoofer

« Reply #5 on: 2008-11-21 20:14:30 »
Alright, since I finish all my exams im having a week off and this means i will be able to spend a lot of time on this project for now. Yes, the epic battle between rufus and vincent on the shinra building is now done. I have swapped most of the field models and the battle models. There are some bugs i still need to fix as well as editing the chocobo.lgp and high_us.lgp and menu_us.lgp ( thanks to NeoCloudstrife for the avatars ). I think for now i have finished about 60% of the work.

Now, i have come up with a new idea. Reno has very similar battle animation compared to Cid. His field model and characteristic also fits Cid very well. He uses a stick which also can replace Cid's spears.Since it is Rufus Mod, i am thinking about bringing Reno to the group to replace Cid. Then we can have a dream team of Rufus, Cloud and Reno fighting together. If you guys think its a good idea, i will begin swapping cid and reno immediately.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 18:56:48 by NameSpoofer »

polaris_027

« Reply #6 on: 2008-11-21 23:15:49 »
woOaah...is that vicent's head? didn't quite fit at all..anyway i like what you did with rufus' other models..haha seems like im itching to try it out too..

NameSpoofer

« Reply #7 on: 2008-11-22 04:34:38 »
Yea i know the vincent head kinda sucks but i WILL fix it in my release patch...
Alright so i have been working on swapping reno with cid in battles, i also swapped elena with tifa as well. I think the mod will now become a Shinra mod not just Rufus mod as it was at first. The sad thing is, i cannot add rude into the team. Rude uses his fists so i can only replace him with tifa, but tifa is a female character and of course elena is a much better to place her. Rude cant replace barret either because barret is large and he uses a arm-attached gun. The only possible thing i can do is to replace Rude as Dyne or something like that, or maybe ill just keep Rude as a Turk.

So heres the screenshots ( i know, reno and cid eye's texture is missing but i WILL fix them )

« Last Edit: 2008-11-24 01:05:05 by NameSpoofer »

polaris_027

« Reply #8 on: 2008-11-22 05:17:45 »
why not replace elena with yuffie? is that not possible? yuffies' a girl too you know..then you could replace tifa with rude..now that's hot..shinra mode yeah..i believe i saw some thread in here that's also replaced the main characters with the shinra ones..too lazy to find and post it here though..but that might help you..

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: 2008-11-22 20:54:30 »
I believe some rotationg and repositioning is kimera is in order, but, overall, some pretty impressive Modding skills :D

NameSpoofer

« Reply #10 on: 2008-11-23 04:34:06 »
why not replace elena with yuffie? is that not possible? yuffies' a girl too you know..then you could replace tifa with rude..now that's hot..shinra mode yeah..i believe i saw some thread in here that's also replaced the main characters with the shinra ones..too lazy to find and post it here though..but that might help you..

It is very possible to replace tifa with rude and yuffie with elena but the main problem is not the animation, it is the storyline. Just imagiine, if Rude replaces Tifa, that will mean Rude will have a date with.. Rufus, and Rufus joins soldier to impress... Rude. Therefore, only Elena can replace Tifa.

So I decide to replace Rude with Dyne. I will rename my project to Turk mod from now on because now we play as Turk to fight Avalanche. I also give Yuffie a 'Turk' uniform. I think I will give Barret Heidegger's uniform and I will switch Tseng with Reeve( which means Tseng will be controlling Cait Sith). Right now Im working on world_us.lgp to switch reno with cid and elena with tifa. I will post more screenshots tomorrow.

So heres the new progress:

polaris_027

Re: [PROJECT] Edited: FF7 Turks Mod
« Reply #11 on: 2008-11-23 04:51:25 »
haha i totally missed that love story part haha.. :lol: such a funny thing if it were because that would make them totally gay :-D

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-11-23 11:41:55 »
I have a suggestion. For the battle models, why dont you use the character models from the NPC patch?
E.G. For Turk Vincent battle model, get Turk Vincents updated field model from the NPC patch and swap the pieces that way?

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-11-23 16:06:53 »
i think there might be some issues with using other peoples work for his own patch, unless they tell him its fine with them, however what would happen if u installed this mod, and then installed the prp mod over top of this one? would it revert the chars back to normal? or use the prp models in swapped roles?

NameSpoofer

« Reply #14 on: 2008-11-23 16:20:01 »
As I said from the beginning all the models here that im swapping are from the original version. I owned a PC version of FF7 and I edited the models from the original lgp files. The only person's work from here that im using is adventsoldier's cloud model, but the model is still original and the thing that changes is his color ( from purple to black ). I havent used the NPC reconstruction model or the PRP model because im not sure whether it is okay or not to edit others patches.

i think there might be some issues with using other peoples work for his own patch, unless they tell him its fine with them, however what would happen if u installed this mod, and then installed the prp mod over top of this one? would it revert the chars back to normal? or use the prp models in swapped roles?

The only thing that matters here is the char.lgp and world_us.lgp. If I make them from the PRP models, you can install the PRP patch first, then install this patch, and the models wont be revert back to normal. I also try not to change the ff7.exe so that u guys can play it with the Saint's high res patch.

Okay, so if u guys want me to do it from PRP models, i think i may ask ice_cold for permissions.

NameSpoofer

« Reply #15 on: 2008-11-24 16:49:55 »
Confirmed: I will be using NPC reconstruction models to do my Turks mod for now ( sorry the PRP wont work ).

So I have been reworking with Cloud Model and now he is a Turk. So now we have Rufus, Elena, Reno, Yuffie and Cloud with Turk uniforms. Now the 2 characters left are Aerith and Barret  ( Caith Sith and Red wont be modded ), shall I give them a Turk uniform too or shall I just leave them as normal?

Anyway check out this 'Turk' Cloud:

cl0ud123

« Reply #16 on: 2008-12-16 03:59:16 »
Hey u still working on this? Is there gonna be a release? I want to play as Rufus and the Turks

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-12-16 06:37:24 »
I recognize one of those cloud buster swords!

NameSpoofer

« Reply #18 on: 2008-12-16 20:25:14 »
Yes apz, I always use yours and slayernext's weapons in all of my mods. They are awesome weapons. Hope you can make some more weapons like the Ultima Weapon and Apocalyse.

Honestly, I already have this patch 80% done, its just that I havent created a patch and fix some characters animations and proportions and bones, plus the fact that I was drawn to ripping the KH models. But I just got over my busy time now so maybe I will release a beta patch tomorrow or in 2 days. There will be lots of bugs but we will see how things work.

adventsoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-12-17 02:22:16 »
sounds awesome! :D cant wait.

NameSpoofer

Re: [Release version 1.0] FF7 Turks Mod
« Reply #20 on: 2008-12-17 18:57:30 »
Released... Test it and report bugs to me

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-12-17 19:34:30 »
do cloud's (original vincent) limit breaks work? as in, the natural 7 limit breaks and correct animations?

cl0ud123

« Reply #22 on: 2008-12-17 22:51:38 »
thank you thank you im testing it right now  :lol:

Edit:I have to re-install ff7 because I get an unknown version error. Everything is fine now
Both cloud and rufus's limits work! awesome!
« Last Edit: 2008-12-17 23:39:51 by cl0ud123 »

burnloungaz

• www.burnloungaz.synthasite.com
    • View Profile
    • Burnloungaz's site
« Reply #23 on: 2008-12-18 09:21:42 »
does this file back up the files it replaces incase we dont like it?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-12-18 11:50:03 »
Whoa NameSpoofer that is awesome! I'm just at a loss of how you managed to get rufus to use vincents battle anims and limit brakes while keeping the ID as cloud :? confused a little there lol. But good stuff :-D