Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread  (Read 310516 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Rerelease thread
« Reply #575 on: 2012-09-28 16:45:09 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13574.msg191975#msg191975 Someone with 2012 version help me out here.

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2012-10-10 13:55:17 »
The RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII returns to PC, now with brand new online features!

Achievements – Whether you´re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

Cloud Saves – If you´re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off (Requires Internet Connection).

Character Booster – Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Optimized for PC – FINAL FANTASY VII has been updated to support the latest hardware and Windows Operating Systems.

- I'm interested to know what they did when they updated the latest hardware support: higher resolution iswell maybe? (dreaming prob)
- also has anyone actually brought a copy of this version to see and test the diff?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-10 13:59:26 by Recko »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #577 on: 2012-10-10 14:33:37 »
Yes.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2013-05-21 03:37:45 »
In case you didn't know, FF7 for the PC was released in Japan recently. (For them it's not a "re-release" since they didn't get on PC originally, but it still clearly has those re-release changes.)

From what I've read, for them, the character booster is just one feature of a "game booster" feature.
  • Play the game at 5x speed
  • No Encounters
  • Some kind of feature boosting HP, MP, ATB, and limit break in battle

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2013-05-21 19:49:31 »
1. This is a dead thread.
2. This is very old news as the game was released last year.

Forgive me if you're making a point I don't see.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2013-05-21 19:52:23 »
... the point is that it was recently released in Japan and that there are new features to the Japanese version.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2013-05-21 19:54:47 »
That is why I added that last line. I am prone to miss things.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2013-05-26 23:42:46 »
Maybe I should have started a new thread after all.

Here's another point I wanted to make. Now that there's a Japanese PC version, there are now at least a few Japanese fans trying to use the mods created by this community. I suspect that they can't do the "convert to 1998 re-release" thing and use Aali's driver, but mods that don't depend on Aali's driver and aren't language-based should work. Compatibility varies, but I don't have much information yet; not enough reports. Just really wanted to point out that they're aware of western-made mods.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2013-05-27 00:15:52 »
Well, if some of them would work a bit on the Game Converter they could downpatch the game to the 1998 release and be capable to use all mods.

I don't believe that Kompass63 could do it, because he does not have the Japanese version. Also it's better to understand the text which is shown for bug fixing.

heretic

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2013-06-23 15:23:38 »
1. This is a dead thread.
2. This is very old news as the game was released last year.

Forgive me if you're making a point I don't see.

I just bought the FF7 2012 re-release a few days ago. I replaced most of the ogg music with the better versions, but there are 2 original songs from the Playstation that I didn't replace because I personally prefer the PC re-make (I know that's hard to believe). I really like that my saved games are backed-up online automatically, but I'm sad that currently (to my knowledge) you can't menu-overhaul (at this time, to my knowledge) the re-release, without down-converting it to the old original PC release, which means no more online-saved game backups and I read it would remove my saved games (I think that only applies if you only have it installed to 1 folder). I think that I may be able to have both the modded and unmodded version of the game on my same computer, but I haven't tested it yet. Also, no matter if you mod it or not, the PC version can randomly crash, I just wanted to mention that.

Also, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this website and made it a great place for fans of the game.

Anyway, about this comment that I quoted:

This website is about Final Fantasy 7. This game came out in 1997, which today (6/2013), makes it around 17 years old. Your comment about a re-release that was released "last year" (2012) is now suddenly considered "very old", while apparently, the rest of this website is what?

I strongly dislike people who close or attempt to close threads online because they believe that just because they lost interest, that nobody else in the world with internet access will have any reason to read about it or add to it on a later date. Believe it or not, they still teach "History" in schools, and that information is much older than a year old.

Let's not encourage killing threads because that just encourages people to start duplicate threads and turns a well organized forum into a disorganized disaster. If you want to start a "Japanese re-release" thread, that sounds fine and logical, but just trying to close a thread, due to the amount of time ago it was started, is counter-productive to the internet as a whole.  ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Begin Addition 6/23/2013 />
I apologize for how I handled my fear after reading what I quoted. I've spent years reading other unrelated forums and I've seen a lot of mod's obsessed with closing every thread as soon as they could, even locking threads that had questions without answers. This forum is more mature and I disrespected it. Sorry for the unneeded pollution. I'm not sure if it's okay for me to just replace my post, even though it has been quoted, to just me saying I have the 2012 version and am willing to test mod's if it would help.
</End addition 6/23/2013>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: 2013-06-24 03:51:50 by heretic »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2013-06-23 16:42:03 »
This website is about Final Fantasy 7. This game came out in 1997, which today (6/2013), makes it around 17 years old. Your comment about a re-release that was released "last year" (2012) is now suddenly considered "very old", while apparently, the rest of this website is what?

I strongly dislike people who close or attempt to close threads online because they believe that just because they lost interest, that nobody else in the world with internet access will have any reason to read about it or add to it on a later date. Believe it or not, they still teach "History" in schools, and that information is much older than a year old.

Let's not encourage killing threads because that just encourages people to start duplicate threads and turns a well organized forum into a disorganized disaster. If you want to start a "Japanese re-release" thread, that sounds fine and logical, but just trying to close a thread, due to the amount of time ago it was started, is counter-productive to the internet as a whole.

I don't really care about necrobumping or anything but this kinda seems trollish. I'm in a bad mood tho so maybe my perception is off. I guess the thanks for the modders' hard work is worth posting, all the rest was kinda annoying to have to read. Sorry aali's driver doesn't work with the rerelease.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-23 16:43:39 by Template »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #586 on: 2013-06-23 16:56:45 »

[CleverNameHere] did not censure JBedford because he simply 'lost interest', but because the rules of this forum insist that old threads shouldn't be randomly bumped unless someone has something substantial to add.

As it seems you aren't very familiar with this forum's terms of use, I'd suggest you get to know them better before posting further.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-23 22:35:12 by Bosola »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2013-06-23 22:22:47 »
Thank you Bosola but I wasn't ridiculing anyone in any way and if you read the thread I already apologized for missing his point and acknowledged its relevance.