Author Topic: FFVIII Fandub  (Read 3524 times)

ZL325

• View Profile
FFVIII Fandub
« on: 2017-02-01 14:29:41 »
Found an interesting youtube channel whom are fandubbing most, if not all, of FFVIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNdfk6hgeZE

Not too shabby. ^_~

Shard

• View Profile
Re: FFVIII Fandub
« Reply #1 on: 2017-02-01 23:09:56 »
That's been around for a long time. It died, but I think Shudo Ranmaru / Amber Lee Connors (the creator) is looking to start it up again.

It's definitely the best fandub on youtube, hands down.

Takigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-02-04 07:51:01 »
There are eleven FFVIII "fandubs" that I'm aware of on Youtube that have made serious efforts toward fandubbing the entire game this past decade.  Only two have actually succeeded in getting to Disc 2 (One by a channel called VideogameNostalgia, the other being the aforementioned "FF8Voices") and no one has made it to Disc 3...yet.  But there is one active attempt of the full series running currently.  We've been going since November '16 and we expect to reach FH by year's end if all continues to go swimmingly. Episode VII (Laguna Dream #1) is currently in post and should be out in a couple days.

On a more exciting note, many here might be happy to know that FF8Voices has officially rebooted their series as of 4 days ago with the opening sequence.  I get the impression Rupert Scarr (Squall VA) is spearheading this round as opposed to Amber.

Aside from that there are two other really good fandubs out there that I'd recommend checking out.  One is by the husband-wife couple of Aussieroth and BlackTaintedHeart who met through fandubbing (I lovingly call theirs the "Aussie dub".  Their "Julia" scene was really well done and does a superb job of getting outside the game script).  This one has also been around for awhile (2010ish?) and is technically dead, but there were some honest efforts to try and revive it last year.

The other is a newer, lesser known fandub (but also dead) by a "Hinomiyaguratatomato".  I like to refer to this one as the "Tomato dub".
« Last Edit: 2017-02-04 08:14:24 by Takigan »

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-02-04 16:54:24 »
And, even though it's not a fandub, I should plug my own voiceover project which is still in development. We have a couple videos on youtube with some samples of what the final thing will sound like.